AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

1 hour ago, Filie said:

Ah that's fair!

I really do want to bring Skragrott but I do realize that the bad moon and him by extension aren't that great f or a squig list.

I don't know, maybe i'm just being really inefficient when it comes to not bringing stabbas and not fully comitting to a squig list.

The battalion bonus letting you re roll the random movement for Squigs under loonshrine is pretty great, and makes Skragrott much more important in a squig list. 

1 hour ago, Caladancid said:

The battalion bonus letting you re roll the random movement for Squigs under loonshrine is pretty great, and makes Skragrott much more important in a squig list. 

Unless I'm entierly wrong, only the super battalion (Squigvalanche?) has something that needs the bad moon, But I am a bit unsure how to work that into a list

Edited by Filie

2 minutes ago, Congratz said:

Stabbas vs Pokin spears and thoughts on Shootas

i got 200+ grots with pokin spears and 80 with bows. Sadly only 20 with stabbas.

if stabbas are better than Pokin Spears... any ideas on how to convert Pokin Spears over to Stabbas?

Thanks before hand 😊

Cut the spear shaft down to a handle, add a knife, sword, or club to the top of the hand. Maybe just give them a good stick to smack people with.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

I heard it was 100mm, but I don't have a reference to where I saw that at.  We should know for sure when they go up for pre-order on saturday.

Pretty sure i heard 80mm, i believe from the GW twitch stream. if it was 100mm you could bet it costs more... 
I believe the Troggoth is a 70mm, but maybe it's 80 also. 

These are both new base sizes for AoS, but 80mm is used in 40k i guess. you can buy it from the site. 

1 hour ago, Caladancid said:

It's the other way around mate, the 6" pile in (Big Batallion) depends on being under the light of the Moon.  The reroll movement (smaller Batallion) just happens.  

That being said I still agree that people are sleeping on how big a deal Skraggrot could be for a Squig army, because the pile in from out of combat thing is massive.

• Like 1

Oh i know how big of a deal he is, but thats 310pts for a character and a battalion + what ever else requirements you need. He isnt needed for such a huge loose in your army. 

I would rather have more bodies on the table than piling in with a smaller army.

If we work out the min requirements its:

LK 220pts

MB 300pts

SRS 140pts

3 x 5 SH 210pts

1 MS 240pts

Thats 1170pts min for 18 models, 3 artefacts and 2 CPs. Thats a bit excessive dont you think? You get 2 casts and unbinds, 15 models to hold objectives and 2 monsters. 830pts left over isnt really alot. Youd save 550pts not taking this battalion and Skraggrot. I just cant see myself having him in an all Squig list, he will get left behind and murdered.... Squigs are fairly independent as a subfaction and dont really need the moon, and whilst yes the 6" pile in is huge, it isnt 90pts + mangler squig huge. Id rather have a colossal squig instead to give me more wounds and a beatstick. 

Also if we work it out, squig hoppers/manglers have an effective threat range of 20", colassal squigs is 24" and boingrots are 17". This is without running, so it is quite easy to get a turn 1 charge. If we add in squig lure we are looking at 24", 27" and 20" instead so you dont really need a 6" pile in as it wont be over the enemies deployment or even on the board. Turn 2 is the earliest you can use this battalion with Skraggrot and turn 3 the latest. Of which it will last for 2 turns longer if you are chasing it, that means the battalion earns you 13.33333pts back a turn if you use it for 3 turns straight. 

Now like i said he is amazing but its alot of pts for such a small army... squigs are already small enough of an army when you factor in all the support characters and endless spells you need in the list to begin with.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

Pretty sure i heard 80mm, i believe from the GW twitch stream. if it was 100mm you could bet it costs more... 
I believe the Troggoth is a 70mm, but maybe it's 80 also. 

These are both new base sizes for AoS, but 80mm is used in 40k i guess. you can buy it from the site. 

He looks about 80mm there, two liberators wide.

AoSGloomspiteExperts-Jan10-Battleshot3kcve.jpg

1 minute ago, PlasticCraic said:

You can only reposition if you are not in Combat: Hand of Gork requires you to be redeployed if you are more than 3" from any enemy units.

I meant if he was like too slow and being left behind by his army, I was wondering if Skagrott could just use Hand of Mork on himself to reposition since he is a Gloomspite unit that is visible to himself

• Like 1

I remember reading somehwere a few pages back that there was confusion as to whether the shaman on the arachnarok could take the headress of many eyes.

I know it mentions doing that in the warhammer community article but is there any confirmation he can take this item or is it limited to only scuttlebosses

I was looking to resist but I guess I cannot, looking on advise for my first 1000pt list (and shopping list at the same time):

300  Loonboss on Mangler Squigs

80    Fungoid 

90    5x Boingrot Bounderz

100  5x Squig Hoppers

100  5x Squig Hoppers

240  Mangler Squigs

1000pts

Alternatively I was looking into taking out Fungoid Manger for 2nd Loonboss on Mangler but magic seems just too good.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I meant if he was like too slow and being left behind by his army, I was wondering if Skagrott could just use Hand of Mork on himself to reposition since he is a Gloomspite unit that is visible to himself

Yeah for sure, that would be allowable.

There are aggro applications too, like repositioning himself to get a good vector on an Endless Spell such as the Pendulum with his second cast.

Or better still - resposition an A-Rok to do that, then charge in and kick their ass!

1 hour ago, polishsausage said:

I was looking to resist but I guess I cannot, looking on advise for my first 1000pt list (and shopping list at the same time):

300  Loonboss on Mangler Squigs

80    Fungoid 

100  5x Squig Hoppers

100  5x Squig Hoppers

240  Mangler Squigs

1000pts

Alternatively I was looking into taking out Fungoid Manger for 2nd Loonboss on Mangler but magic seems just too good.

Did I see that the fungoid is now 90 points?

1 hour ago, Melcavuk said:

As far as I have seen any SPIDERFANG heroes can take the spiderfang artifacts, but only SCUTTLEBOSS may take the command trait. So currently it looks like you're good to take the headdress on the Arachnarok Shaman

Yeah that was weird and also for Moonclan shamans, the command traits are for all of them, but artifacts are for madcap shamans only so the Fungoid cave shaman is out of luck. 

3 hours ago, polishsausage said:

:(
so I guess madcap to fill the list for nightshroud + squig lure T1
otherwise 2x boxes of hoppers and 2x boxes of manglers and just build them duplicate 

I'm thinking the madcap shaman will be the better default shaman as cheaper, access to artefacts and can still double cast spells.  

I'm currently working on my list which will be as follows. 

Loonking 260pts

Loonboss on giant squig 110pts

Madcap shaman moppit 80pts

60 stabba, 9 nets, poking spears 360pts

6 squig herds 70pts

6 squig herds 70pts 

15 squig hoppers 270pts

15 squig hoppers 270pts 

15 boinggrot knights 300pts 

5 sneaky smugglers 70pts 

Squig stampede 90pts 

1950pts

5 minutes ago, Gumbalina said:

I'm thinking the madcap shaman will be the better default shaman as cheaper, access to artefacts and can still double cast spells.  

I'm currently working on my list which will be as follows. 

Loonking 260pts

Loonboss on giant squig 110pts

Madcap shaman moppit 80pts

60 stabba, 9 nets, poking spears 360pts

6 squig herds 70pts

6 squig herds 70pts 

15 squig hoppers 270pts

15 squig hoppers 270pts 

15 boinggrot knights 300pts 

5 sneaky smugglers 70pts 

Squig stampede 90pts 

1950pts

Loonkings 220 points mate, like the look of this though.