AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

3 hours ago, Malakree said:

Yeah there are a lot of different options you can run for this kind of list.

There are actually only 3 units in the Stampede battalion, which is there to try and get your unit of 20 hoppers across the board and pinning your opponent. It also gives you an extra artefact for the battleplans where it matters.

I think you want at least 1 of both types of Loonboss as they bring different kinds of utility to the army. Having a Squig mounted general makes the Hoppers battleline and they are far better than the squig herds for only 20 points more.

• You lose 2 wounds but gain a bravery.
  • Squig herds have a chance to Mortal YOU if they flee in your lines
  • Hoppers are way quicker
  • Hoppers do MW when they pass over units during a move.

So you'd rather have Hoppers than Herds if you have the points spare, they act as the first wave in front of your bounders/mangler letting you setup the devastating charges. They also operate as a screen for those more important units.

• I'm not sure I'd take a second ManglerBoss over just a regular Mangler Squig, it's 60 points for the CA and ****** mooncutta attacks.
  • Wizards are definitely a great addition, squig lure is fantastic!
  • The Colossal Squig is amazing. Especially hilarious with a Loonboss on Giant Squig with the Squig Lure spell. 5d6+3" movement is ridiculous and gives a slightly below average move of 18"

The reason for the Arachnarok+Cauldron is because it's 2 spells a turn on a monster who can keep up with your army, is a wizard and the cauldron gives it access to all the Moonclan Lore spells, including Squig Lure!

You've convinced me! Hoppers FTW ! 

I'll keep in mind about the colossal siquig but i like it  a lot too, and sorry I wanted to refer about picking another mangler, the regular one, not another hero, and i think about just playing one loonbos on cave squig and adding the fungoid shaman for givin extra magic.

Now what about artifacts and traits? I find very funny ,"Fight Another Day" ( Each time this general attacks with its melee weapons, it can make a 2D6" move after all of its attacks have been resolved. If it does so, it must finish the move more than 3" from ennemy units.) combined with the loonboss on mangler, but ... I'll lose the hoppers battleline :(

2 hours ago, Descrutchion said:

I'm having some difficulty finding an image for the Sneaky Snufflers warscroll.  Does anyone know if their +1 attack buff is keyworded to effect Moonclan or is it Moonclan Grots like the  Sporesplatta buff.  Just seeing how I can buff my squigs.

Contrary to what people have been saying, the only keyword requirement for the Snufflers is "Moonclan". It's the Sporesplatta that requires "Moonclan Grots"

image.png.9fce06b79fae9d23157a86d9a079fcbd.png

Edited by Lord Veshnakar
  • Like 1

I still haven't read the artefacts and I'm not sure about the battalions but right now my first list looks like this (I'm basically still updating it every hour...) :

Heroes - 670
Loonboss on Mangler Squig - (300)
Skragrott the Loonking - (220)
Loonboss  - (70)
Madcap Shaman - (80)

Battleline - 780
40 x Shootas - (260)
40 x Stabbas - (260) 
40 x Stabbas - (260) 

Units - 510
15 x Boingrot Bounderz - (300)
5 x Sneaky Snufflers - (70)
5 x Loonmasha Fanatics - (140) (or some sporesplatta)

Endless Spells - 40
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh
 - (40)

Total - 2000/2000
Command Points - 1
Drops - 10

They nerfed the geminids, but I still like that -1 to hit on enemy units or -1 attacks combined with the netters.

I was also thinking about a list with the battalions that gives a bonus to the deepstriking spiders.

Edited by spenson
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

Contrary to what people have been saying, the only keyword requirement for the Snufflers is "Moonclan". It's the Sporesplatta that requires "Moonclan Grots"

Now i wonder if that is 1 extra attack per weapon or just 1 extra attack in general, if it is the former then my god... Mangler Bosses will be insanely good, even more so then they are now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Now i wonder if that is 1 extra attack per weapon or just 1 extra attack in general, if it is the former then my god... Mangler Bosses will be insanely good, even more so then they are now.

It says "Add 1 to the attacks characteristic of melee weapons used by that unit until your next movement phase". I wouldn't use it twice on the mangler though because the 2D6 MW hurts too much.

1 minute ago, spenson said:

It says "Add 1 to the attacks characteristic of melee weapons used by that unit until your next movement phase". I wouldn't use it twice on the mangler though because the 2D6 MW hurts too much.

But 1 attack extra for each weapon is CRAZY. 5 gob attacks and 8 ball and chain attacks + the gobbos 11 attacks

I don't think it's as good on this leader as it is on a big unit of stabbas with the MW on 6+ to wound from a loon boss or a unit of bounderz. And if you need it you can use it twice on a unit of stabbas + the bonus from sporesplatta for 4 attacks / grot.

Damn, now I want to do 60 stabbas with spears + 2x5 sneaky snufflers + 5 sproesplattas + a loonboss...

My maths may be wrong and of course you will never get a everyone from a unit of 60 grots to hit, but against a save of 4+ they would deal between 90 and 110 wounds (including MW) against a 4+ save depending on how many you lose from the sneaky snufflers. I included 9 netters in the unit and the rerolls of 1's to hit from the moon.

Edited by spenson

3 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

But 1 attack extra for each weapon is CRAZY. 5 gob attacks and 8 ball and chain attacks + the gobbos 11 attacks

I mean its good but he is also quite a lot of points at 300 points and only has a 4+ save and wouldn't get cover or anything along with a random movement characteristic.

2 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

I mean its good but he is also quite a lot of points at 300 points and only has a 4+ save and wouldn't get cover or anything along with a random movement characteristic.

I think he is relatively cheap for what hes worth. Im speaking more in terms of a full squig build so no stabbas, no fanatics, just all breeds of squigs. He may be "squishy" but he isnt the ony threat on the board. Bounders, hoppers, colossal squig are all on the board too that are all equally as strong in there own different ways. And whilst yeah he has a random movement, with the loonboss on cave squig and either the bad moon or squig lure effectiving him, hes going 3d6+3" and then either a d6 run or a flat 6, he then charges 2d6. So even on a bad roll he is going 12" and an average roll of 20" (both using a 6" run) and then a normal 2d6 charge. 

I just rolled 5 sets of 4d6 and ive gotten: 11, 13, 22, 12 and 18, then add 3" to all them numbers and you can see that he isnt slow by any means. To add to this the average made from those rolls were 15.2 which isnt that crazy above average! Lets roll another 5.... 12, 13, 13, 21 and 17. I also wouldnt rely too much on armour values in this game in a competitive mindest, the things out there will kill most things in 1 round of combat! I posted the damage that top tier units do to Rockguts in the Troggoth thread and even there "resilience" doesnt save them.

That is why im going for Fight another Day, to stop me even getting hit in combat. Shooting is starting to die out in AoS2 and around my area its mainly close combat and magic  with the only real shooting army being FEC and they dont let you have your armour saves anyway. That will be the general theme of my list, manipulating combat so that my squigs always get to go first, dog pile units, cheeky prison shanks in the back, leaving no retaliation.

I think that is how squigs will have to be played, moonclan can take the punches but pure squigs cant. Mobility, impact hits, mass rend 1 attacks and uneven combats are the ideal play styles of squigs.

24 minutes ago, spenson said:

I don't think it's as good on this leader as it is on a big unit of stabbas with the MW on 6+ to wound from a loon boss or a unit of bounderz. And if you need it you can use it twice on a unit of stabbas + the bonus from sporesplatta for 4 attacks / grot.

In a pure squig context it is. 🤣 i wont be taking stabbas in my army even if that weakens my list. As cool as the regenerating stabbas are and all there mean combos that they can get i can imagine playing a horde like that could get quite boring after a while. I had the same experience with my DoK, and ive always gone for the more elite side of O&Gs and Black Orcs were my thing back in Fantasy and i was often outnumbered haha!

51 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

Thanks!  I am very glad to see that this unit can buff squigs also as I was hoping for a bit more squig buffing options.  I don't mind the Gobbapalooza models being focused on buffing the grots - that makes sense.  I was hoping that there were a bit more squig options than just the characters riding squigs though.  Glad to see that there are.

Of course, there are potentially spell buffs also.  I have not looked into spell lore spoilers yet.

5 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Thanks!  I am very glad to see that this unit can buff squigs also as I was hoping for a bit more squig buffing options.  I don't mind the Gobbapalooza models being focused on buffing the grots - that makes sense.  I was hoping that there were a bit more squig options than just the characters riding squigs though.  Glad to see that there are.

Of course, there are potentially spell buffs also.  I have not looked into spell lore spoilers yet.

Youll love the spiderfang spells when you read them, pretty tasty! But moonclan have some nice ones too, definitely more useful of a spell lore than most other Battletomes *cough* Nighthaunt *cough*

17 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I think he is relatively cheap for what hes worth. Im speaking more in terms of a full squig build so no stabbas, no fanatics, just all breeds of squigs. He may be "squishy" but he isnt the ony threat on the board. Bounders, hoppers, colossal squig are all on the board too that are all equally as strong in there own different ways. And whilst yeah he has a random movement, with the loonboss on cave squig and either the bad moon or squig lure effectiving him, hes going 3d6+3" and then either a d6 run or a flat 6, he then charges 2d6. So even on a bad roll he is going 12" and an average roll of 20" (both using a 6" run) and then a normal 2d6 charge. 

I just rolled 5 sets of 4d6 and ive gotten: 11, 13, 22, 12 and 18, then add 3" to all them numbers and you can see that he isnt slow by any means. To add to this the average made from those rolls were 15.2 which isnt that crazy above average! Lets roll another 5.... 12, 13, 13, 21 and 17. I also wouldnt rely too much on armour values in this game in a competitive mindest, the things out there will kill most things in 1 round of combat! I posted the damage that top tier units do to Rockguts in the Troggoth thread and even there "resilience" doesnt save them.

That is why im going for Fight another Day, to stop me even getting hit in combat. Shooting is starting to die out in AoS2 and around my area its mainly close combat and magic  with the only real shooting army being FEC and they dont let you have your armour saves anyway. That will be the general theme of my list, manipulating combat so that my squigs always get to go first, dog pile units, cheeky prison shanks in the back, leaving no retaliation.

I think that is how squigs will have to be played, moonclan can take the punches but pure squigs cant. Mobility, impact hits, mass rend 1 attacks and uneven combats are the ideal play styles of squigs.

Hello !  ussign "Fight another day" the opponent can't hit you? so you charge, hit and run? that sounds really really good !! 

2 minutes ago, Ushmagul said:

Hello !  ussign "Fight another day" the opponent can't hit you? so you charge, hit and run? that sounds really really good !! 

Yeah after you fight with that models melee attack you immediately move 2d6 in any direction. So he cant be fought if you get over 3". The other unit you use itchy nuisance on and they fight last meaning you can gang up on a unit with all your squigs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Yeah after you fight with that models melee attack you immediately move 2d6 in any direction. So he cant be fought if you get over 3". The other unit you use itchy nuisance on and they fight last meaning you can gang up on a unit with all your squigs.

lol what a real nice combo! "itchy nuisance" is a Spell ? and otrher question, The hoppers are battleline if there is a MOUNTED loonbos? or i need to rule as my general a Loonbos on cave squig to make the squig list? thanks a lot! 

11 minutes ago, ChatBatFun said:

Although hoppers have a superior stat line, I think 20 squigs and 4 herders would do well with the added attacks of the sneaky snuffelers, but the squig hopper’s random movement means they r unlikely to be within range of ur snufflerers 

This is my immediate take on it as well.  I think Snufflers will in practice mainly be a buffing option for Cave Squigs.  And while I love hoppers and the new bounder units, I still want to run massive blocks of cave squigs and I will definitely now be bringing snufflers along to toss out chum and work them into a frenzy.

16 minutes ago, Ushmagul said:

lol what a real nice combo! "itchy nuisance" is a Spell ? and otrher question, The hoppers are battleline if there is a MOUNTED loonbos? or i need to rule as my general a Loonbos on cave squig to make the squig list? thanks a lot! 

Its a spell, 6 to cast range 18" and yeah your General has to be mounted on either type of squig to unlock Hoppers as battleline.

4 hours ago, Malakree said:

Yeah there are a lot of different options you can run for this kind of list.

There are actually only 3 units in the Stampede battalion, which is there to try and get your unit of 20 hoppers across the board and pinning your opponent. It also gives you an extra artefact for the battleplans where it matters.

I think you want at least 1 of both types of Loonboss as they bring different kinds of utility to the army. Having a Squig mounted general makes the Hoppers battleline and they are far better than the squig herds for only 20 points more.

• You lose 2 wounds but gain a bravery.
  • Squig herds have a chance to Mortal YOU if they flee in your lines
  • Hoppers are way quicker
  • Hoppers do MW when they pass over units during a move.

So you'd rather have Hoppers than Herds if you have the points spare, they act as the first wave in front of your bounders/mangler letting you setup the devastating charges. They also operate as a screen for those more important units.

• I'm not sure I'd take a second ManglerBoss over just a regular Mangler Squig, it's 60 points for the CA and ****** mooncutta attacks.
  • Wizards are definitely a great addition, squig lure is fantastic!
  • The Colossal Squig is amazing. Especially hilarious with a Loonboss on Giant Squig with the Squig Lure spell. 5d6+3" movement is ridiculous and gives a slightly below average move of 18"

The reason for the Arachnarok+Cauldron is because it's 2 spells a turn on a monster who can keep up with your army, is a wizard and the cauldron gives it access to all the Moonclan Lore spells, including Squig Lure!

If (I have a friend....) we are making an all squig army, I think the squigalanche becomes interesting with the six inch pile in move.  I am having trouble coming up with good wizard options in that type of list (with a mangler hero and a plain mangler). 

4 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

If (I have a friend....) we are making an all squig army, I think the squigalanche becomes interesting with the six inch pile in move.  I am having trouble coming up with good wizard options in that type of list (with a mangler hero and a plain mangler). 

Whats the list youve got so far, lets see if we can help?

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Whats the list youve go so far, lets see if we can help?

i've that question too, i think that in an entirely squig army, skragrott is a little bit wasted...

I was thinking about fungoid shaman (for the cp) or the madcap with the "Moonface Mommet", because that -1 is really cool 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Manglerboss

Mangler

12 Herd

12 Herd

20 hoppers

10 bounders

10 bounders 

So I’m around 1800ish so far, including the two battalions. 

What about making the 20 Hoppers into 15, that way they are abit more maneuverable with their positioning and increased the possibility of getting the majority of them over the enemy unit and then maybe with those spare pts replace the normal Mangler with a Shaman on Arok, hes a lvl 2 caster. You could even model him as if he is on a Mangler squig of sorts.

This will probably break one of your battalions but then 250pts into 2 battalions is alot of pts!!! 😲

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

For those going squig heavy, I am finding it hard to not want to include Skagrot as the general for the tools he brings. Extra command points for squiggle runs, moon placement for run and charge. Down side is losing out on hopper battleline. Anyone else going to use him instead of a loonboss on squig?

Edited by PUFNSTUF
Spelling.