AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

3 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

@Malakree you are right though, I'll just have to get used to thinking of them as two separate factions (Squigs and Grots) with some overlap. 

There are plenty of tools in the book, regardless of my thoughts on the keywords!  It's no more than a minor footnote in knee-stabbing history.

You aren't telling me that you're sad you don't have to waste 240 points on the Goblapalooza for your Squigswarm. That's almost another Manglerboss on it's own!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Malakree said:

You aren't telling me that you're sad you don't have to waste 240 points on the Goblapalooza for your Squigswarm. That's almost another Manglerboss on it's own!

It is a mangler squig though but you get the loonboss and change if you take the goblinpalooza 

5 hours ago, Malakree said:

That is a great catch which I totally hadn't picked up on. I suspect you are correct that it's a deliberate design choice to stop you using Squig Hoppers to deliver a massive quantity of fanatics, thus differentiating the different types of Gloomspite armies.

More importantly it means things like the Sporesplata Fanatics, Spiker, Scaremonger can't be used to buff them. Also note that it means the Loonboss on Mangler Squigs cannot be buffed to reroll all hits with Brewgit

This means that there are definately two types of Moonclan armies, Squig and Grot armies.

Was trying to tell people this for ages... 😅 as for the prodder, the best way to charge it up is with sneaky snufflers, 5 for 70pts.

13 minutes ago, Eevika said:

I made a spreadsheet with all the points and prices for the models. Enjoy your list building!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EwGmkBa7RPHzlAPoYLJeIVQR2kyHYGMEFRrH8IxK5IM/edit?usp=sharing

Very nice, thank you. But all spiderfang units and battalions are missing. Also the Bonegrinder Gargant is 400 points, not 360.

Just now, Duke of Gisoreux said:

Very nice, thank you. But all spiderfang units and battalions are missing. Also the Bonegrinder Gargant is 400 points, not 360.

I have no interest in spiderfang so I didn´t bother adding them immidiately but Ill try to get to it :D I´ll be sure to fix the bonegrinder price!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well does t really matter to me,

although i really like the idea of how Gw gave the same hero’s with different weapon options, different point values

That's because Skarsnik has long been the only Grot Warboss option. This way it's actually a choice between him and the bog standard Loonboss.

Hello all! what do you think about the squig hoppers vs boingrot bounderz? I really like the bounderz one, very powerfull, i was thinking about build one squig army, with:

loonboss on mangler

5 hoppers

5 hoppers

10 boingrot

10 boingrot

18 herds

as a start (1090 points).

should I include skragrot ? how could I complete or improve this list ? 

thanks ! 

27 minutes ago, Ushmagul said:

Hello all! what do you think about the squig hoppers vs boingrot bounderz? I really like the bounderz one, very powerfull, i was thinking about build one squig army, with:

loonboss on mangler

5 hoppers

5 hoppers

10 boingrot

10 boingrot

18 herds

thanks ! 

Liken it so far! Well just keep adding more squigs and wizards 😉

38 minutes ago, Ushmagul said:

loonboss on mangler

5 hoppers

5 hoppers

10 boingrot

10 boingrot

18 herds

thanks ! 

Squig Rider Stampede is pretty key IMO, combined with a few big units of Hoppers and it lets you control the board quickly. ****** the Squig Herds and get more Hoppers to fill out your battleline slots.

I'd go for a unit of 20 Squig Hoppers and 2 units of 10, that's 860 points with the stampede. Add in a Loonboss on Cave Squig and for 970 points you have a solid core which fills out your battleline spots and lets you zip around the board!

From there you have 1030 points spare grab your Loonboss on Mangler for 300 leaving you 730. 

You have a couple of choices now, you could roll into a Squigalanche by adding an extra Mangler Squig, ham it up with 30 Boingrot Bounders! and a Fungoid Cave Shaman or if you want a really dirty combo how about a Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider and the Scrapskuttle's Arachnocauldron to get some good old fashion magical lulz.

Heroes - 710
Loonboss on Mangler Squig - (300)
Loonboss on Giant Squig - (110)
Webspinner on Arachnarok - (300)

Battleline - 500
20 x Squig Hoppers - (360)
6 x Squig Herds - (70) 
6 x Squig Herds - (70) 

Units - 600
15 x Boingrot Bounderz - (300)
15 x Boingrot Bounderz - (300)

Battalion/Endless Spells - 190
Squig Rider Stampede
 - (140)
Scrapskuttle's Arachnocauldron - (50)

Total - 2000/2000
Command Points - 1
Drops - 6

I know I said 10x10 Squig Hoppers but honestly the math on this list is just so fricking good. Plus all your Hoppers/Boingrots are in the Stampede for extra awesomes!

EDIT: Oh the hopper list without big spider.

Spoiler

Heroes - 520

Battleline - 540
5 x Squig Hoppers - (90)
5 x Squig Hoppers - (90)

Units - 800
10 x Boingrot Bounderz - (200)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz - (200)

Battalion/Endless Spells - 140
Squig Rider Stampede
 - (140)

Total - 2000/2000
Command Points - 1
Drops - 7

Boing!

Edited by Malakree
I can maths honest!
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Squig Rider Stampede is pretty key IMO, combined with a few big units of Hoppers and it lets you control the board quickly. ****** the Squig Herds and get more Hoppers to fill out your battleline slots.

I'd go for a unit of 20 Squig Hoppers and 2 units of 10, that's 860 points with the stampede. Add in a Loonboss on Cave Squig and for 970 points you have a solid core which fills out your battleline spots and lets you zip around the board!

From there you have 1030 points spare grab your Loonboss on Mangler for 300 leaving you 730. 

You have a couple of choices now, you could roll into a Squigalanche by adding an extra Mangler Squig, ham it up with 30 Boingrot Bounders! and a Fungoid Cave Shaman or if you want a really dirty combo how about a Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider and the Scrapskuttle's Arachnocauldron to get some good old fashion magical lulz.

I know I said 10x10 Squig Hoppers but honestly the math on this list is just so fricking good. Plus all your Hoppers/Boingrots are in the Stampede for extra awesomes!

EDIT: Oh the hopper list without big spider.

Hide contents

Heroes - 520

Battleline - 540
5 x Squig Hoppers - (90)
5 x Squig Hoppers - (90)

Units - 800
10 x Boingrot Bounderz - (200)

Battalion/Endless Spells - 140
Squig Rider Stampede
 - (140)

Total - 2000/2000
Command Points - 1
Drops - 7

Boing!

I really like the second one list, I understand that you remove the herds because they are not in the batallion, correct? , would you include a fungoid shaman to try to get more cp or to be able to cast some magic, It helps the squigs ? and another mangler ? or the colossal squig? what do you think? the double loonbos is ok ? 

18 minutes ago, Ushmagul said:

I really like the second one list, I understand that you remove the herds because they are not in the batallion, correct? , would you include a fungoid shaman to try to get more cp or to be able to cast some magic, It helps the squigs ? and another mangler ? or the colossal squig? what do you think? the double loonbos is ok ? 

Yeah there are a lot of different options you can run for this kind of list.

There are actually only 3 units in the Stampede battalion, which is there to try and get your unit of 20 hoppers across the board and pinning your opponent. It also gives you an extra artefact for the battleplans where it matters.

I think you want at least 1 of both types of Loonboss as they bring different kinds of utility to the army. Having a Squig mounted general makes the Hoppers battleline and they are far better than the squig herds for only 20 points more.

• You lose 2 wounds but gain a bravery.
  • Squig herds have a chance to Mortal YOU if they flee in your lines
  • Hoppers are way quicker
  • Hoppers do MW when they pass over units during a move.

So you'd rather have Hoppers than Herds if you have the points spare, they act as the first wave in front of your bounders/mangler letting you setup the devastating charges. They also operate as a screen for those more important units.

• I'm not sure I'd take a second ManglerBoss over just a regular Mangler Squig, it's 60 points for the CA and ****** mooncutta attacks.
  • Wizards are definitely a great addition, squig lure is fantastic!
  • The Colossal Squig is amazing. Especially hilarious with a Loonboss on Giant Squig with the Squig Lure spell. 5d6+3" movement is ridiculous and gives a slightly below average move of 18"

The reason for the Arachnarok+Cauldron is because it's 2 spells a turn on a monster who can keep up with your army, is a wizard and the cauldron gives it access to all the Moonclan Lore spells, including Squig Lure!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I believe so, i read the book in person and only looked at them briefly. I went straight to squigs haha! 😂😅 its a curse of mine.... attracted by all things squiggily 🤣

How could that possibly be a curse?  It sounds more like a positive character feature to me.

15 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

20 would 480pts.. 😅🤣

I'd do it.  In fact, I would do more than that.  I still might to be honest. 

I don't have the points, and I am not terribly interested in going out and finding them until I get my book in the mail, but once I know the points break down I am inclined to make a list with nothing but Fanatics and the absolute minimum other choices to make the list legal.

Every now and again I used to put a similar army on the table in various editions of Warhammer Fantasy.  You just try to stuff as many fanatics as possible into the army.  Those forces were utterly random and almost like playing pinball rather than warhammer.  You just rolled each turn to see if your fanatics would kill more of the enemy, more of your force, or just run into trees or each other.  You have to have an opponent that does not get super annoyed at silly games such as that though.

I doubt it would be the most effective army build - but I am sure it would catch someone off guard when your tiny units of minimum sized grots explode into giant masses of whirling death.  I'd probably lose terribly - but there will be a lot of carnage before that happens!