AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

do we think all this new git and squig updates are they gunna align to the profiles of the underworlds warband....ie, nets just being a model upgrade with a debuff, but no attack profile. And squigs going to the attack profile of   4+,3+,-1, 1dmg?

would make sense to align and update now if they are doing it.....what do y'all think?

3 minutes ago, Oreaper84 said:

do we think all this new git and squig updates are they gunna align to the profiles of the underworlds warband....ie, nets just being a model upgrade with a debuff, but no attack profile. And squigs going to the attack profile of   4+,3+,-1, 1dmg?

would make sense to align and update now if they are doing it.....what do y'all think?

I'd expect so. Would save time from rolling attacks with the grots, as splitting up the net attacks always bloated the time.

Squigs getting a 2 attack, 4+, 3+, -1 rend, 1dmg is also a straight up buff from their current form, so would be most welcome :)

I suspect synergies and buffs within the faction will give us quite a bit of punching power for units we're not used to having much offensive capabilities, so all in all we should be crazy dangerous.

I just hope we maintain the +1 save vs shooting on the moonclan grots. Such a solid defensive trait.

18 minutes ago, Oreaper84 said:

It is honestly hard to say.  Nets have a long history with Night Goblins and they have previously had just about every possible rules variation.  They began as their own unit type (Netter Clubbers) and they were a specific weapon that synergized with the other weapon type mixed into the unit.  The nets attacked first, debuffed the enemy if they hit, and caused extra club attacks on netted models.  Basically the gobbos would toss nets onto the enemy and beat them senseless with big clubs (incidentally, this was described as the method that Gobbos used to capture squigs).

Later they removed that unit and instead made Nets into a weapon upgrade for the standard Night Goblin unit.  They worked then sort of like they do now as a specialized model with a different weapon profile and you could have a certain amount in a unit.  In later editions they instead became a unit-wide upgrade that granted the full unit an ability and the models functioned in a cosmetic capacity.  This went on for about 2-3 editions and then in AoS they went back into a specific weapon option.

Personally, I think the most functional version of nets in the game was when the models were cosmetic and they were treated as an upgrade that granted the unit a special rule.  But, the most fun and entertaining version of them is hands-down the original unit.

It's hard to tell if GW is going to change the current rules and what direction they will go if they do.

I have done some detective work using the power of computerized technology!

1.jpg.397494dec7e0426ddd10ca163dc38378.jpg

As we can see there are blurry shapes. Now, if we enhance..

2.jpg.6e51fbe9c8bfd279cfec6f3531759779.jpg

Oh yes! A clear shape of some snake-like creature, perhaps a centipede, or some kind of..

3.jpg.ad485898c9e984825bea0d7cff801d2e.jpg

Wait! No! Get out of here! Wrong book! Wrong book! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

21 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Squigs getting a 2 attack, 4+, 3+, -1 rend, 1dmg is also a straight up buff from their current form, so would be most welcome :)

I suspect synergies and buffs within the faction will give us quite a bit of punching power for units we're not used to having much offensive capabilities, so all in all we should be crazy dangerous.

That is the current stat-line for the Squigs in a hoppers unit so I would not be surprised to see them consolidate the stat line given that they are the same squigs.  Honestly, I have always been a bit perplexed that they gave the squigs in the 2 units different attack stats.  I think the reason was a combination of the herder buffs and also GW being a bit more conservative with stats when they released the original Moonclan rules and then just not really bothering to go back much.

Now that they are making a plastic unit I do hope that they make Squigs a much more enticing unit to put onto the table.  I field them because they are my favorite part of Night Goblins and I love the models - but I would like them to be useful and fun.  And the more excuse I have to field all-squig armies the better.

16 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Love it all.  Best blurry pictures ever.

Day 1 purchase of the super ultra collector's edition given the amazing quality of blurry art on display. 

And the giant base on the left with a huge tail.

Which just occured to me, is likely an Arachnarok

Edited by Ungface
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ChatBatFun said:

I must say, this looks like a great release, so many options, which is where Ironjawz failed for me 

I really hope that it does not take them too long to get to a an update book for the Ironjawz and a few new model kits.  The core of the force is there and it is solid, but it has room for a bit more variety.  The same goes for Bonesplitterz.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

That is the current stat-line for the Squigs in a hoppers unit so I would not be surprised to see them consolidate the stat line given that they are the same squigs.  Honestly, I have always been a bit perplexed that they gave the squigs in the 2 units different attack stats.  I think the reason was a combination of the herder buffs and also GW being a bit more conservative with stats when they released the original Moonclan rules and then just not really bothering to go back much.

Now that they are making a plastic unit I do hope that they make Squigs a much more enticing unit to put onto the table.  I field them because they are my favorite part of Night Goblins and I love the models - but I would like them to be useful and fun.  And the more excuse I have to field all-squig armies the better.

Squigs are my most favourite creature in the whole GW fanchise. I love them in 40k and Fantasy, i also bought 3 squig buggies just for the extra squigs to dot around my units in 40k. They are just so playful and adorable and they arent that bad rules wise for there cost.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Squigs are my most favourite creature in the whole GW fanchise. I love them in 40k and Fantasy, i also bought 3 squig buggies just for the extra squigs to dot around my units in 40k. They are just so playful and adorable and they arent that bad rules wise for there cost.

I love Squigs so much that I will even purchase 3rd party squig models that other people/companies make.  There is no such thing as too many.

Just now, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Haha true! Although i found out today that the shattered dominion sets comes with mushrooms and stalagmites! this whole time ive been looking on ebay for the old necron/goblin underworld basing set! 

You can get nice mushroom bits from Fenris Games.  Kromlech also just released a nice looking set.

Just now, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Haha true! Although i found out today that the shattered dominion sets comes with mushrooms and stalagmites! this whole time ive been looking on ebay for the old necron/goblin underworld basing set! 

It does? Not the 25/32mm ones at least. I have three boxes of those, and all you get is the bases and skulls.

Some hopes and dreams as I start my rebasing(80 NG`s first up)

Plastic Manglers please!,,tired of repairs every time I run my FC one...

Reduce Grot units to purchase blocks of 10 in matched play from the current 20..more granularity and perhaps add in a point break for units of 40+

Make that new terrain piece spawn cave squigs!

Grot catapult,and doom divers are useful.

To hit debuff spell that can be applied to Grot units(debuffing incoming attacks of course)

Edited by Thostos

3 minutes ago, Mayple said:

It does? Not the 25/32mm ones at least. I have three boxes of those, and all you get is the bases and skulls.

Yeah it was on article on how to paint Monnclan Grots on teh Warhammer Community and they had a link to the product and it had mushrooms and stalagmites as additional items! @Skabnoze ill have to check them out, ive been looking for some good looking shooms for a while.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

2 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Yeah it was on article on how to paint Monnclan Grots on teh Warhammer Community and they had a link to the product and it had mushrooms and stalagmites as additional items! 

Oh! The shattered dominion base detail kit, yeah :) That's a separate one from the shattered dominion bases. You'll get loads of stuff from that one! 

Edit: @RuneBrush we had a potato camera in here? What was it, if you don't mind me asking for the sake of knowing what exactly "No photos from the potato camera" means? ;) I'm assuming it had nothing to do with the pictures/video released by GW themselves.

Edited by Mayple