AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

I'm not sure I understand the battle trait: does the moon starting in a corner and moving on the second round mean that we don't get the effet of the moon on the first battle round? Seems quite unfortunate. It malso makes skragrott very interesting on the third round.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, spenson said:

I'm not sure I understand the battle trait: does the moon starting in a corner and moving on the second round mean that we don't get the effet of the moon on the first battle round? Seems quite unfortunate. It malso makes skragrott very interesting on the third round.

It starts in your chosen corner and then turn 2 you roll to see if it moves to the next segment or not, so you do get the affects turn one. If you are unlucky though it could move off the board by turn 4 earliest.

If it moves one step a turn youll have it on board for 5 turns. Corner, centre of the tile, centre of the board, centre of the tile, corner.

Key part is "The bad moon  is located at the edge of the battlefield in the corner." its still on the battlefield just at the very edge of it.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

Just now, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

If only she could take the trait where she is always under the moon and the artefact that ignores damage on a 4+! Sadly only Troggboss' get them... 

Well just give the hag something from malign sorcery. I'm going to run a troggherd so I get two artefact. Just have to figure out what would be best on her

13 minutes ago, Eevika said:

Yeah probably. Would make her even harder to kill

Give her a mushroom bra whilst your at it! Was reading through a thread the other day about people wanting female orruks/orks and i was just imagining them looking like her haha! Even though the whole thread was pointless, greenskins have always been made from spores, in fantasy they arrived by spores attached to the old ones ships and in the DoK battletome it provides some details that some creatures managed to escape the world that was through different means and i think the greenskin race is one of those races that you can never wipe out haha!

Slightly off topic haha! Im currently typing up a 1250pt squig list atm for my LGS campaign league that is starting up, ive gone for the following:

Loonboss on Mangler Squig - General: Fight another day Artifact: Moonface Mommet

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig

Fungoid Cave Shaman - Spell: Itchy Nuisance

10 Squig Hoppers

10 Squig Hoppers

10 Squig Bounders

6 Squig Herd

6 Squig Herd

Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron

1250pts 

For his once per game second cast i will probably do Squig Lure.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

doesn't the hag also get the +1 to cast because she is technically a gloomspite wizard? if so she probably one of the only unit that get two benefits from the Bad Moon

3 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Loonboss on Mangler Squig - General: Fight another day Artifact: Moonface Mommet

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig

Fungoid Cave Shaman

10 Squig Hoppers

10 Squig Hoppers

10 Squig Bounders

6 Squig Herd

6 Squig Herd

Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron

1250pts 

From the video of GMG review of the book, I believe the Moonface Mommet is an artifact only available to the Wizards

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

doesn't the hag also get the +1 to cast because she is technically a gloomspite wizard? if so she probably one of the only unit that get two benefits from the Bad Moon

From the video of GMG review of the book, I believe the Moonface Mommet is an artifact only available to the Wizards

Oh no! Well looks like the shaman is gonna put his nikes on then 😅🤣 hope he hasnt skipped leg day!

Even though its a small pts list, the general idea is to cast itchy nuisance on a target that the majority of my squigs will engage with the Moonface Mommet activating on that unit, that way the Mangler boss can activate first and retreat hopefully further than 3" and all the squigs to attack with no retaliation! :) Squig Lure is a back up incase Da Bad Moon doesnt want to play ball!

So i can reliably fight 2 combats with no fear of loosing squishy squigs. I think this tactic can work if you scale it up, especially with Boogleye becuase sudden thats 3 engagements that you are striking first in and can hopefully eliminate the threat before it hits you in the giblets!

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

She should indeed get the casting bonus as well. I think she will be a true star player in the Troggoth army with all the buffs of artefacts and badmoon coming to her

2 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Does that mean she can get the gloomspite wizards artefacts? or is that only moonclan still?

I dont know I havent seen the exact wording on the artefacts page so I couldnt say. If its just limited to keywords Gloomspite Gitz and Wizard she should be able to

4 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

its literally the only page i havent seen!!! every review has skipped over it every time.

Ok correction the keyword you need for artefacts is actually madcap shaman so even the Fungoid Cave shaman cant take an artefact from the new book :D thats bonkers

also I don't think the Trog hag can use the Command traits (and maybe the artifacts) either for troggoths because she not a Trogboss which is a shame.

but still giving her the Gryph feather charm and getting the bonuses from the Badmoon is still pretty strong

5 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Well thats a bit poop isnt it Skab!!! 😣😕 my mate bought 3 units today and that cost him £100 from GW, the squigs are quite expensive in my eyes and i have a DoK army haha!!! They are quite cheap for there pts cost but expensive in real life currency.

It’s cheaper than they were, they are highly customizable, and you get more extra bits than the old ones.  So that all seems like a huge net positive to me.

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

also I don't think the Trog hag can use the Command traits (and maybe the artifacts) either for troggoths because she not a Trogboss which is a shame.

but still giving her the Gryph feather charm and getting the bonuses from the Badmoon is still pretty strong

we think she may get to take the gloomspite wizards artefacts though

1 minute ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

we think she may get to take the gloomspite wizards artefacts though

it funny that she probably the one hero that can get great use of those artifact if she can use them because of her survivability and not minding getting close into enemies. 

the spiteshroom gives her another -1 to hit in close combat

the Mommet give her the ability for another -1 on the save and she doesn't mind being at close range to use

the staff of sneaking stealing give you +1 casting for every enemy caster or hero with artifact within 12'' of the bearer and she can easily walk up to any enemy to get this effect.

1 minute ago, novakai said:

it funny that she probably the one hero that can get great use of those artifact if she can use them because of her survivability and not minding getting close into enemies. 

the spiteshroom gives her another -1 to hit in close combat

the Mommet give her the ability for another -1 on the save and she doesn't mind being at close range to use

the staff of sneaking stealing give you +1 casting for every enemy caster or hero with artifact within 12'' of the bearer and she can easily walk up to any enemy to get this effect.

She cannot take Gloomspite Wizard artefacts its locked to the Madcap shaman keyword. The fungoid Cave shaman cant even take those artefacts. Seems like gryph fearther charm is the way to go

• Like 1

Just now, Eevika said:

She cannot take Gloomspite Wizard artefacts its locked to the Madcap shaman keyword. The fungoid Cave shaman cant even take those artefacts. Seems like gryph fearther charm is the way to go

awww well aint that poop haha! The Madcap shamans arent the best artefact holders with only 4 wounds and a 6+ save