AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

1 minute ago, Milandro said:

Anyone have information on the warscroll battallions rules?

Squig one allows them to reroll the dice to move

The Gobbapalooza adds +1 to cast and pray if they are within 8" of each other

The moonclan horde one allows the whole unit to be returned not just half

troggherd 6 to wound add +1 damage

spiderfang do MWs on 5s

cant remember the rest haha! Ill probably take the squig one

• Thanks 1

Just now, Professor Clio said:

Yes, but I'm pretty sure that's how they do it. There's a fair few online games I play that have their updates on PST time too. I'm guessing their servers are in california but IDK

Yes, I have seen online games that do that, but eComm is a different thing.  I do back-end server work for an eComm company and all of our sales & site updates roll out a midnight east-coast for the US.

Online games updates are usually a maintenance window that requires DevOps on-hand to manage the update and infrastructure process.  So those companies handle that during normal work-hours rather than requiring someone to work late for it.  And many of those companies perform those tasks based off of the time-zone where their office is (often west coast).  For an eComm website of any decent size you should be able to schedule your updates, product availability, sales, etc to go live at a specific time and not have to be on-hand for it.

2 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Yes, I have seen online games that do that, but eComm is a different thing.  I do back-end server work for an eComm company and all of our sales & site updates roll out a midnight east-coast for the US.

Online games updates are usually a maintenance window that requires DevOps on-hand to manage the update and infrastructure process.  So those companies handle that during normal work-hours rather than requiring someone to work late for it.  And many of those companies perform those tasks based off of the time-zone where their office is (often west coast).  For an eComm website of any decent size you should be able to schedule your updates, product availability, sales, etc to go live at a specific time and not have to be on-hand for it.

Maybe they're worried we'll crash the platform by ordering too many squigs. Or its just one of those arbitrary GW things. Its 10am local everywhere in the world so they had to pick a TZ for NA. It would make more sense to pick EST but I'm not in charge :D

Just now, Professor Clio said:

Maybe they're worried we'll crash the platform by ordering too many squigs. Or its just one of those arbitrary GW things. Its 10am local everywhere in the world so they had to pick a TZ for NA. It would make more sense to pick EST but I'm not in charge :D

The 10am thing makes me wonder if their online infrastructure requires manual update and they can't schedule content updates ahead of time.  Man, that sucks for their dev/eComm team - glad I don't work for them.

@Ekrund Oath Splitters  It seems that the art cards are free and added onto the order if you buy the limited edition book.  That is what just happened for me.

@mDaro The squig dice do not say that they are limited.  Previous dice have not been.

I just ordered the Limited Battletome and I will go preorder the rest of the stuff from my local game store that offers discounts.  I am going to buy enough of this stuff that the 10-15% discount is going to add up quite a bit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

@Ekrund Oath Splitters  It seems that the art cards are free and added onto the order if you buy the limited edition book.  That is what just happened for me.

@mDaro The squig dice do not say that they are limited.  Previous dice have not been.

I just ordered the Limited Battletome and I will go preorder the rest of the stuff from my local game store that offers discounts.  I am going to buy enough of this stuff that the 10-15% discount is going to add up quite a bit.

The retailer i go with offers about a 22% discount, squig herds at 21.50, hoppers 23.50 and shrine at 27.50. Saving £20 just on them 3 items which is nearly another box of squig herd!

• Like 1

Just now, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

The retailer i go with offers about a 22% discount, squig herds at 21.50, hoppers 23.50 and shrine at 27.50. Saving £20 just on them 3 items which is nearly another box of squig herd!

WOW! I have to find a US discounter. Going to keep my Spider converted Moonclan army and build a Squig Gloomspite army from scratch.

1 minute ago, mDaro said:

WOW! I have to find a US discounter. Going to keep my Spider converted Moonclan army and build a Squig Gloomspite army from scratch.

Ive had a look at starting my own shop and looking over the GW paperwork you literally buy the stock in at around 40/50% but you must order a set amount each month and alot of paints. Most UK retailers do a 10-15% discount, the best one i ever found was 25% but the dispatch time took forever! I literally waited two weeks for my Dark Eldar army to arrive from down south to up north. So instead i use my mates shop who does 22%.

5 minutes ago, mDaro said:

GW dictates the max amount of discount possible in the US - which I believe is 15%.  Stores that run higher discounts than that risk being cut-off by GW so most of them don't do it.  Almost every online store in the US (miniature market, discount games, the Warstore, etc) will run the max allowable discount and so they are good sources to go with.  In my area most local stores have started to run similar discounts (or at least 10%) and so I support them when I can. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skabnoze said:

GW dictates the max amount of discount possible in the US - which I believe is 15%.  Stores that run higher discounts than that risk being cut-off by GW so most of them don't do it.  Almost every online store in the US (miniature market, discount games, the Warstore, etc) will run the max allowable discount and so they are good sources to go with.  In my area most local stores have started to run similar discounts (or at least 10%) and so I support them when I can. 

Oh, i thought Frontline Gaming did 20% off?!

1 minute ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Oh, i thought Frontline Gaming did 20% off?!

Looking at their current preorder page they are running a 15% discount - which I think is the max that GW now allows from online retailers.

Local retailers might be able to get away with higher discounts - but that is probably rare given that they sell less volume and rely on their margins more.

6 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

Does anybody know if I would be able to ally a Dankhold Troggoth to my Gutbusters? Or will Troggoths just cease to exist as a faction?

Yes you can. Troggoth still exists as a faction keyword, it's just now there is the Gloomspite Gitz keyword aswell.

So if your faction could use Moonclan, Spiderfang or Troggoth as allies they still can do.

Oh and for anyone intrested, the Dankhold trogg looks to be on a 65mm round the same as an Orruk Megaboss, hence why it doesn't have the monster keyword.