AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

3 hours ago, solosam47 said:

Gllomspite Gitz have just breathed new life into me!!! Busting out my 300 night goblins and about to go to town on the paint train! It’s Bad Moon Time! 

I got a job lot off eBay about June time. Still got a bunch to paint but it's got things like the forgeworld squig boss, a colossal squig and a none gw rogue idol I've been gwing that will be PERFECT to go with the army.

He attached the bad moon banners and snotling but the rest is me.

Hoping with enough gw extras it will be accepted at tournaments including warhammer world.

20181122_093803.jpg

20181122_093819.jpg

20181122_125913.jpg

Edited by Malakree
  • LOVE IT! 3

14 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Sounds like everything will preorder on the 5th and deliver on the 12th!

That soon?!

I expected preorders no sooner then the 12th, at the very earliest. Jan 5th open day for general showcasing/ first good look at the book.

Not complaining if true! Just a big shock considering the white dwarf spoilers hadn't mentioned them. Gotta get my grots and fungoid painted asap to clear the work table for the first batch!

From what I can gather from it's rules, the Loonsmasha Fanatic (I assume this goes for the Sporesplatta too) can deploy at the start of the charge phase, as they currently can, but with the change that they now can't deploy within 3" of an enemy unit. 

No more deploying them into combat, or auto-mess with the charges of a unit 3" away from the host unit :(

Edited by Mayple

Just now, Turragor said:

V excited to do some destruction now.  Am I a bit foolish to hope (seeing I am starting from scratch) to see a few "elite" options for army lists?

A blob of 30 or so night goblins with some fanatics, squigs adn then LOTS of trolls could be awesome.

Squigs and fanatics are your go-to elite options as far as "Less models for more points" goes :) The Troggoths will also fall within this, on the far end of the "Expensive, low model count" spectrum, without a doubt. 

I wonder if we'll get a variation of the Mangler Squig w/hero that involves a non-hero rider, the same way that Beastclaw Raiders does it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, novakai said:

I hope they change the charge rule for Gargants, but since they didn't do it for BoC I doubt they do it for destruction.

I play Giants a fair bit, and the rule is not as bad as it seems.  Mathematically, you don't fail as many charges due to the rule as it seems.  It is less than a 10% chance for most charges when you remove the double values that wound not net you enough distance anyways.

Sure, it does happen at times and it can suck, but I find that the Giant punches above his weight class most of the time.  I think the charge fail is generally one of those things that is an easily remembered outlier and so they sometimes feel very common even though they are not.  We tend to remember significant positive and negative events such as that.

But without seeing the book, I am not sure how often I would take a Giant in the context of this army unless there is some sort of new giant themed specifically for this force.  With the option to take Colossal Squigs, Mangler Squigs, Arachnarok Spiders, Troll Hags, Rogue Idols, Bonegrinder Gargants, and probably some sort of new behemoth kit they have not yet shown, I feel spoiled enough for themed monster choices that I would probably leave standard Gargants to some other army such as Greenskins or Bonesplitterz.

That said, I still wish I could field an entire army of Giants!

2 hours ago, Jetengine said:

The latest Skarsnik sculpt has a profile in the book, albeit he's a generic unit and/or hero.

I am ok with that.  As long as they keep the Grot Hero with pet Giant Squig as some sort of existing unit option I am happy.

I absolutely love Skarsnik as a character, but I am ok with the direction they are going with his new character replacement: The Loon King.

1 hour ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

No idea! If you compare there new photo to the current box art they are on bigger bases. Which means you will he needing spears now! And I just bought 40 shadespire bases for my Gobbos 

How did you get the Shadespire bases?  A reseller?

I have a method for making cavern bases, but I would buy some of those for more variety.

1 hour ago, Antonio Rodrigues said:

One thing I found amusing is the fact that the squigs and the squig riders are separate kits... The squigs are different on the pics...

I noticed that as well.  I was scanning both units to see if they had made them a combined kit.  I would have figured they would do that, but I guess not.

No matter.  I will happily purchase stupid amounts of both of them.  I already have about 80-100 of cave squigs & hoppers - but I don't own 300 and that seems like a problem that I should now remedy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

More squig models the better! And no duplicates in a set of 10! That's a sigh of relief haha! Now we just have to wait forever for more details 😭😂

You can see from the pictures that it appears the face glues onto the body - which means they are probably fairly interchangeable and would give a fair amount of variety.  They look like they assemble similar to how Pink Horrors do.

34 minutes ago, Malakree said:

I got a job lot off eBay about June time. Still got a bunch to paint but it's got things like the forgeworld squig boss, a colossal squig and a none gw rogue idol I've been gwing that will be PERFECT to go with the army.

He attached the bad moon banners and snotling but the rest is me.

Hoping with enough gw extras it will be accepted at tournaments including warhammer world.

Got the same model for my Rogue Idol, it's a bit short and definitely won't get accepted at Warhammer World as it's from another company, no matter how many bits you stick on it

I see a bunch of goodies

GLoom.png

thats a big grot behind them

GLoom2.png

tiny squigs with maybe vacum mouths? and that looks like a tendrill coming outa the grot

GLoom3.png

.... no idea

GLoom4.png

on the left maybe the same as the second image, on the right, maybe a unique hero?

GLoom5.png

it looks like a mushroom with maybe 2 grots on its head

Edited by SaJeel
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

That soon?!

I expected preorders no sooner then the 12th, at the very earliest. Jan 5th open day for general showcasing/ first good look at the book.

Not complaining if true! Just a big shock considering the white dwarf spoilers hadn't mentioned them. Gotta get my grots and fungoid painted asap to clear the work table for the first batch!

If this is true then I am very impressed that they managed to keep the lid on pictures of the models as well as they did for this release.  We had rumors that Moonclan/Grots were coming for quite a long time now, but for a release as large as this appears to be it is impressive that none of the models leaked.

2 minutes ago, SaJeel said:

I see a big Grot Hero,  a grot with some spore like thing coming outa, and some other goodies

GLoom.png

The model behind the grot that looks like a hero is simply the existing unit champion.  He looks big given the camera angle, but he is roughly the same size as the rest of the unit and his model is probably in base contact with the one in front of him.

The rest of those pictures do appear to have a variety of new stuff they have not yet previewed blurred in the background though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

If this is true then I am very impressed that they managed to keep the lid on pictures of the models as well as they did for this release.  We had rumors that Moonclan/Grots were coming for quite a long time now, but for a release as large as this appears to be it is impressive that none of the models leaked.

I think after the BoC leak they decided to just tighten the noose on leak information 

TBH i didn’t expect Grot riding mushroom squiggly beast and Centipede riders so I am already overly impress with the release so far

2 minutes ago, Ungface said:

Heres your mangler squig variant

1545848397644.jpg

Is that two mangler squig riding a squigaroth?