AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

1 hour ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Sneaky distractions + netters + fellwater trolls would make those dumb brutes really hard to land a hit on behind a 1 rank wall of gobbos!!!

I was also thinking would you ever reroll the trolls regen roll with the new allegience ability? Wouldnt always doubling the amount healed always be better? Roll a 1-2 it becomes a 2 wounds healed, roll a 3-4 and thats 4 wounds healed, youd never reroll as you wound need to roll a 5-6. If i rolled a 1-2 id keep it as thats 2 wounds back, if i were to reroll it i have a 2/3 chance of getting the same result.... I would never reroll a 3-4 as thats 4 wounds back. 

I assume the troggboss heals d6 due to his height and once again the same applies, i wouldnt reroll a 2, 3 or 4+ as you are getting 4 6 or 8 wounds back. Rerolling that is pointless as you cant double the result if you reroll to regen. I would only do it to a 1.

This assumes nets still work the same.  The netter rules have changed more than almost any other goblin related rule over the years and I suspect they will change again with this release.

46 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Soooooooo.......

I've got new bases coming in, to re-re-re-base my grots (7th ed 20mm squares -> 20mm rounds in the first month of AoS -> 25mm rounds for some of them about a year ago -> new 25mm rounds to match my recent Spiderfang Grot project).  Will also catch the hoppers and squigs and such-like.

And I don't even feel put out about it.  All excite.

I started buying texture rollers from Greenstuff World and more recently I bought some of the Basius basing-stamp plates.  I was running into issues with finding large bases and this should allow me to make themed bases faster and cheaper for a variety of base sizes and shapes.  I recommend you look into those options.

I think the spitful prodder is a little bit devastating. You can just stack units of cheapest grots around your general and move together. Then there will be bunch of dices to roll 5+ and then d3 mortal wounds... 

If the new rules allows the grots to be a unit of 10 models and half the price, it is just so disgusting...

Edited by HammerOfSigmar

4 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I started buying texture rollers from Greenstuff World and more recently I bought some of the Basius basing-stamp plates.  I was running into issues with finding large bases and this should allow me to make themed bases faster and cheaper for a variety of base sizes and shapes.  I recommend you look into those options.

I have some Basius press-mold plates as well.  Even the same mold can look like a totally different base with painting.

• Like 1

Anyone else surprised to see Hand of Gork included as a moonclan spell?  I did not compare the wording, but it effectively is the same (probably worded the same) as the spell from Bonesplitterz.  I can't remember previously any spells that were completely duplicated across multiple battletomes.  I am curious to see if this means that there will be core GorkaMorka spells that are common across books as Destruction becomes more fleshed out over time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

I think the spitful prodder is a little bit devastating. You can just stack units of cheapest grots around your general and move together. Then there will be bunch of dices to roll 5+ and then d3 mortal wounds... 

If the new rules allows the grots to be a unit of 10 models and half the price, it is just so disgusting...

The SpiteFull Prodder is pretty much Skarsnik's old personal magic weapon brought back into the game.  I am glad to see the weapon come back.

I doubt grots will come in units of 10 though.  Pretty sure they will stay in groups of 20.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Anyone else surprised to see Hand of Gork included as a moonclan spell?  I did not compare the wording, but it effectively is the same (probably worded the same) as the spell from Bonesplitterz.  I can't remember previously any spells that were completely duplicated across multiple battletomes.  I am curious to see if this means that there will be core GorkaMorka spells that are common across books as Destruction becomes more fleshed out over time.

The Bonesplitterz spell doubles (triples on a casting roll of doubles) the movement characteristic, and lets the targeted unit fly.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Realmhead said:

The Bonesplitterz spell doubles (triples on a casting roll of doubles) the movement characteristic, and lets the targeted unit fly.

I wonder if the Bonesplitterz spell will remain as it is or end up being changed at a later date to be the same as the Moonclan version.  They do roughly the same thing except that the Moonclan version is much cleaner from a rules-mechanics point of view.  Yes, it does miss the "roll doubles" theme that Bonesplitterz have throughout their spells, but it is also less prone to potential interaction issues with other rules down the road (for example imagine a "no fly" aura).  Just speculation given that the spell has the same name and does roughly the same thing (picks a unit up and dumps it somewhere else).

3 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I wonder if the Bonesplitterz spell will remain as it is or end up being changed at a later date to be the same as the Moonclan version.  They do roughly the same thing except that the Moonclan version is much cleaner from a rules-mechanics point of view.  Yes, it does miss the "roll doubles" theme that Bonesplitterz have throughout their spells, but it is also less prone to potential interaction issues with other rules down the road (for example imagine a "no fly" aura).  Just speculation given that the spell has the same name and does roughly the same thing (picks a unit up and dumps it somewhere else).

Maybe they didnt realise this was already a spell that existed. Going from old gobbo spells we had vindictive glare, sneaky stabbing (gitmob owns that), curse of the badmoon, night shroud, itchy nuisance and gork'll fix it. I can see these names coming back in our spell selection, with itchy nuisance maybe becoming a spiderfang one. 

5 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Maybe they didnt realise this was already a spell that existed. Going from old gobbo spells we had vindictive glare, sneaky stabbing (gitmob owns that), curse of the badmoon, night shroud, itchy nuisance and gork'll fix it. I can see these names coming back in our spell selection, with itchy nuisance maybe becoming a spiderfang one. 

I have no doubt that we will see the old "little waaagh" spell names recycled from Warhammer Fantasy into this new Gloomspite Gitz book.  They confirmed in today's article that both Moonclan and Spiderfang have separate spell lores - so there is a fair amount of magic spells in this new book.  And if you look at the Bonesplitterz book you can see that they already recycled a bunch of the spell names from the "Big Waaagh" into the Bonesplitterz lore (possibly some little waaagh spells also).

But I am skeptical that they did not realize that Hand of Gork already existed and what it did.  That spell has been in Orc & Goblin armies for a long long time and has always been some form of teleport or movement effect - it did not just appear with the Bonesplitterz battletome.  In addition, it is currently regarded as one of the hands-down best spells for Bonesplitterz so I find it unlikely that GW would forget it existed.

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

But I am skeptical that they did not realize that Hand of Gork already existed and what it did.  That spell has been in Orc & Goblin armies for a long long time and has always been some form of teleport or movement effect - it did not just appear with the Bonesplitterz battletome.  In addition, it is currently regarded as one of the hands-down best spells for Bonesplitterz so I find it unlikely that GW would forget it existed.

I was surprised to see the hand as well.

But IJ and BS were very early books that are probably in the process of a rewrite so I don’t find it terribly strange that they reused a name that might not be in the current draft of the new BS/IJ book

Are the older plastic goblins/Grots  still acceptable to field?

im not opposed to the current kit or the bfsp models, I just happen to really like the old models and I have 100+ of them to be assembled and/or repurposed together with some metal hopper, Squigs and netters. Apparently big hands does it for me.

Now really feels like the time to get them table ready - and mix in some new plastics manglers and the new king.. MmmHmm

41 minutes ago, Joakim said:

I've never encountered any place that doesn't allow old GW models, provided they used to represent what you use them as.  On the contrary, it's often quite fun and a nostalgia trip to encounter models I remember from my childhood. :)

The only thing to keep in mind is that the base size might have changed for some of the models (and that they're round nowadays).

Edited by Clinch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joakim said:

im not opposed to the current kit or the bfsp models, I just happen to really like the old models and I have 100+ of them to be assembled and/or repurposed together with some metal hopper, Squigs and netters. Apparently big hands does it for me.

Now really feels like the time to get them table ready - and mix in some new plastics manglers and the new king.. MmmHmm

Often compendiums will come with a "counts as" list at the end.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-orcs-and-goblins-en.pdf

Spoiler

SUBSTITUTE WARSCROLLS
The following do not have warscrolls. Instead, use the substitute warscrolls below. Unit Substitute Warscroll
Azhag the Slaughterer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Orruk Warboss on Wyvern
Black Orcs. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Orruk Ardboys
Black Orc Big Boss. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Orruk Warboss
Black Orc Big Boss on War Boar. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Orruk Warboss on War Boar
Black Orc Big Boss with Army Standard. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Orruk Warboss with Great Waaagh! Banner
Black Orc Warboss. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Orruk Warboss
Black Orc Warboss on Orc Boar Chariot. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Orruk Boar Chariot
Black Orc Warboss on Wyvern. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Orruk Warboss on Wyvern
Forest Goblin Spider Riders. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Spider Riders
Giant. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Aleguzzler Gargant
Gitilla Da Hunter. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Gitboss on Giant Wolf
Goblins. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grots
Goblin Big Boss . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Gitboss
Goblin Big Boss on Giant Spider. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Big Boss on Gigantic Spider
Goblin Big Boss on Gigantic Spider. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Big Boss on Gigantic Spider
Goblin Big Boss on Wolf Chariot. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Wolf Chariot
Goblin Big Boss with Army Standard. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Flag Waver (see Grots warscroll)
Goblin Great Shaman . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Shaman
Goblin Great Shaman on Wolf Chariot. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Wolf Chariot
Goblin Rock Lobber. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Rock Lobber
Goblin Shaman. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Shaman
Goblin Shaman on Wolf Chariot. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Wolf Chariot
Goblin Spear Chukka. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Spear Chukka
Goblin Warboss on Giant Spider. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Big Boss on Gigantic Spider
Goblin Warboss on Wolf Chariot. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Gitboss on Wolf Chariot
Goblin Warboss on Gigantic Spider. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Big Boss on Gigantic Spider
Goblin Wolf Chariots. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Wolf Chariots
Goblin Wolf Riders. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Wolf Riders
Gorbad Ironclaw. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Orruk Warboss
Grimgor Ironhide. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Orruk Warboss
Grom the Paunch. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Gitboss on Wolf Chariot
Night Goblins. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grots Night
Goblin Big Boss . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Warboss
Night Goblin Big Boss on Great Cave Squig. . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Warboss on Great Cave Squig
Night Goblin Big Boss with Army Standard. . . . . . . . . . . . Grot with Grot Flag (see Grots warscroll)
Night Goblin Fanatics. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Fanatics
Night Goblin Great Shaman. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Shaman
Night Goblin Shaman. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Shaman
Night Goblin Squig Herders. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Squig Herders
Night Goblin Squig Hoppers. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Squig Hoppers
Night Goblin Warboss. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Warboss
Night Goblin Warboss on Great Cave Squig. . . . . . . . . . . . Grot Warboss on Great Cave Squig

etc.

So yes not only is it possible but it's actually covered in the rules.

EDIT: @Skabnoze is a pedant, point being that the overwhelming majority of models have some corollary with a modern warscroll that nobody is going to complain about as long as you are consistent. 

So forest Goblin Infantry being used as Moonclan Infantry alongside Forest Goblin Spider riders is just going to be viewed as aesthetically cool rather than game breaking. Problem is when one unit is "Moonclan Grots" and the other is "Gitmob Grots", that comes across as gamy and attempting to confuse your opponent.

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Joakim said:

No need to ever apologize for liking models from a specific era.  I like to blend models from all eras of goblins together in my army.  The only goblins that I don't field as full infantry units are the plastic multi-part goblins from the Brian Nelson era which are simply much larger than the rest of the goblins from before or after.  I still like those models, but I prefer to use them as conversion bits for characters.  I have a special fondness for the metal Kev Adams goblin sculpts from the early 90s.  Those guys were just so fun and silly that I still snatch some of them up from ebay every now and again.

23 minutes ago, Malakree said:

EDIT: @Skabnoze is a pedant, point being that the overwhelming majority of models have some corollary with a modern warscroll that nobody is going to complain about as long as you are consistent. 

So forest Goblin Infantry being used as Moonclan Infantry alongside Forest Goblin Spider riders is just going to be viewed as aesthetically cool rather than game breaking. Problem is when one unit is "Moonclan Grots" and the other is "Gitmob Grots", that comes across as gamy and attempting to confuse your opponent.

Touche...

I was just being facetious.  😉

• Haha 1