AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

2 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

Same as DoK Khinerai.

The internet needs to stop complaining about prices and find a new hobby if this game is too expensive. These will be the same cost as DoK and the general trend for GW new model releases. GW gives you options thou... You can get a BoC army for cheap by ebaying all the old models... I suspect Gutbusters will get the BoC treatment with only new spells and a tome. That will be a good army to reuse your old models.

Gloomspite are clearly not just a repackaging but rather a brand new army with new prices.

Wow now someone is salty. I have purchased 3k points of Moonclan in the last 3 months I know this hobby aint cheap. I was misinformed and thought they just doubled the price of Hoppers as they were 26€ for 5 and I thought we were going to be paying 40€ for the same ammount of hoppers from now on. As it seems I was wrong and its actually a better price now with 10 for 40€.

I imagine the hoppers, at what is very likely 60 USD will be 10 to a box. The original picture showed 10 of them present, and only when GW showed the alternate build were 5 pictured. They are a cavalry model, but by the looks of it be about half the size of anything riding a horse-shaped creature.  If they are only five to a box the price is pretty steep. The rest of the prices seem pretty fair.

6 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

Same as DoK Khinerai.

The internet needs to stop complaining about prices and find a new hobby if this game is too expensive. These will be the same cost as DoK and the general trend for GW new model releases. GW gives you options thou... You can get a BoC army for cheap by ebaying all the old models... I suspect Gutbusters will get the BoC treatment with only new spells and a tome. That will be a good army to reuse your old models.

Gloomspite are clearly not just a repackaging but rather a brand new army with new prices.

It’s never a good look to berate people who may not be able to afford the shiny thing. This is a forum and if people feel that a price is too steep then that is a *very* reasonable thing for them to state. You can disagree but “go find a new hobby” is unhelpful and meaningless. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Professor Clio said:

Someone was talking about reposing the spiders legs earlier so I tried a couple. Pretty easy to do and the results are dramatic. So much more dynamic. 

IMG_20181231_193314817.jpg

Same as me. I don't like that they don't fit on the bases. I will put some rocks to make them enter and don't open so much the legs. Just a bit open they look a ton better so I guess we have to open just a bit or put them like stand up or something to make them inside the base

9 minutes ago, Professor Clio said:

Someone was talking about reposing the spiders legs earlier so I tried a couple. Pretty easy to do and the results are dramatic. So much more dynamic. 

Any chance you could share a bit about your process? Just picked up 25 unbuilt and might like to try this!

1 minute ago, FPC said:

Any chance you could share a bit about your process? Just picked up 25 unbuilt and might like to try this!

I just snipped the legs at one of the joints and used green stuff on one, then just glue on the other. It’s really one of the easier conversions I’ve ever done. I was pleasantly surprised. 

Just now, Professor Clio said:

I just snipped the legs at one of the joints and used green stuff on one, then just glue on the other. It’s really one of the easier conversions I’ve ever done. I was pleasantly surprised. 

That's nice to here, I've always like the Spider riders, but the leg posing on the spiders has always kept me from investing. I may have to give converting them a shot.

3 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Same as me. I don't like that they don't fit on the bases. I will put some rocks to make them enter and don't open so much the legs. Just a bit open they look a ton better so I guess we have to open just a bit or put them like stand up or something to make them inside the base

The overhang doesn’t bother me, but it could limit how many you can get in combat so moving the legs into a more vertical position might help with that. I’ll try with the next couple. 

51 minutes ago, FlatTooth said:

It’s never a good look to berate people who may not be able to afford the shiny thing. This is a forum and if people feel that a price is too steep then that is a *very* reasonable thing for them to state. You can disagree but “go find a new hobby” is unhelpful and meaningless. 

So is complaining about prices... unhelpful and meaningless. Go write GW a email or vote with  your feet and stop buying GW products and participating on a AOS forum ran by a buddy of GW. 

2 hours ago, Icegoat said:

5 hoppers to a box people. Dual kits ain't cheap. 

I'm not saying it's not a possibility that the Squig Hoppers will be 5 to a box, but with the way GW prices stuff that seems pretty unlikely. The Deepkin Eels came out this year, are a dual kit, and are three to a box. They are also 50 USD per box. It would make no sense for five models that are a third of the size of an Eel to cost more than three Eels. I think if GW was putting the Hoppers five to a box it would be Khinerai prices (dual kit, similar size) at 45 USD a box.

14 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Squigs herd is 10 and 2 herders. 

Looks like squig hoppers will be a 5man multipart kit for both hoppers and bouncers.

This is my understanding as well... Hoppers will be in a box of 5 at $50 USD/$60 CA and Herds will be in a box of 10 + 2 herders at $45 USD/$55 CA.

5 Hoppers will be a similar cost as 5 DoK Khinerai. Both are beautiful kits and awesome support pieces in an army.

Maybe we can all hold off on the rage/price speculation till the preorders this weekend and talk about how cool this release is for Destruction.

Edited by svnvaldez
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

You can't if you want to use them in matched play unless they change the official base size.

Wrong! Re-read the Designers Commentary again, specifically the lines about "suggested" base sizes, and what to do if it's on a different size.

So, you can mount your spiders on say, a 60mm round base for aesthetics, but make sure there's a 60 x 35mm marking on the base to help measure from

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lucio said:

Wrong! Re-read the Designers Commentary again, specifically the lines about "suggested" base sizes, and what to do if it's on a different size.

So, you can mount your spiders on say, a 60mm round base for aesthetics, but make sure there's a 60 x 35mm marking on the base to help measure from

Ok fair enough, your tone is a little on the rude side here but you're right I admit that. I guess I just assumed you had to use the base sizes they gave for proper game balancing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lucio said:

Actually that would be quite difficult to do, as you'd have to literally  stack the bases on top of each other to keep the unit in cohesion when they were in formation . (Base to base on round 60s, the 35mm marks would be over 2 inches apart... 60mm isn't really 60mm- it's larger... Need to stay within 1" for cohesion.).  Turn them the other way you say? Now impossible to charge at or hit anything. 

You are right that base sizes are recommendations, but are required at tournaments and strongly preferred by most playgroups