AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

Shame that Endless Spells' prices got hiked so high and that literally any hero can now dispel them.  But at least they're bound-ish?  Idc if Mork's Mighty Mushroom costs 100, I'll still run it haha.  Same with Malevolent Moon; love those two spells.

Edited by Dingding123
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have done some detective work using the power of computerized technology! As we can see there are blurry shapes. Now, if we enhance.. Oh yes! A clear shape of some snake-like cre

The spiders are finally done.   

I’m so ready for a little waaagh! it has begun. Grovelsnot hasn’t mustered his horde in almost a decade but the time has come.  (Holding off on basing till I’m 100% sure he says on 25mm)

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Dingding123 said:

Shame that Endless Spells' prices got hiked so high and that literally any hero can now dispel them.  But at least they're bound-ish?  Idc if Mork's Mighty Mushroom costs 100, I'll still run it haha.  Same with Malevolent Moon; love those two spells.

I have no idea why the mushroom costs what it does. Scuttletide is better, and used to be only 30 points, even after the change its still cheaper (and weaker since it can be walked through now).

Moon stocks are definitely up though, throwing a -1 or -2 on an enemy wizard is huge.

Hey guys,

is it just me or has the listbuilding become much more difficult these days. Since our cheapest Battlelineunit starts with 140 Points now (not counting Spider Riders - lol), I often find myself 20-40 Points over the 2000 Mark, unable to make an appropriate cut. The new minimumsize of Squig Herds and Hoppers feels like an unnecessary burden as well. Tbh i really miss the old size of 5 for Hoppers since I often played a minimum sized unit to sneak away an objective - I really don't see the application for 10/20/30 sized units, since in terms of pure attackingpurposes Boinggrotbounders outperform them in so many ways. If I choose a Dankhold Trogboss as my General, I seem to find more suitable solutions though.

I would be very interested in how do you actually approach your listbuilding. 

39 minutes ago, Falandris said:

Hey guys,

is it just me or has the listbuilding become much more difficult these days. Since our cheapest Battlelineunit starts with 140 Points now (not counting Spider Riders - lol), I often find myself 20-40 Points over the 2000 Mark, unable to make an appropriate cut. The new minimumsize of Squig Herds and Hoppers feels like an unnecessary burden as well. Tbh i really miss the old size of 5 for Hoppers since I often played a minimum sized unit to sneak away an objective - I really don't see the application for 10/20/30 sized units, since in terms of pure attackingpurposes Boinggrotbounders outperform them in so many ways. If I choose a Dankhold Trogboss as my General, I seem to find more suitable solutions though.

I would be very interested in how do you actually approach your listbuilding. 

Yeah, 10 min on Hoppers and 12 on Herd make squig-lists harder. I did put up a list here s couple of days ago, with a couple of monster, but unfortunately that means that I can't run as many Bouncers that I would like.

I feel like hoppers are our biggest losers unfortunately. 5s and 15s seemed to be best way too run them and they don't have 2"attacks. I'd actually rather use 5 spider riders over 10 hoppers even in a Squig list since Hoppers rarely benefited from synergy anyway.

I honestly kinda thought that Squig Herds points increase is pretty fair if you run a Squig General and maxing out their numbers makes a lot of sense.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila

One thing Spider Riders have going for them now is they're the cheapest Gitz battleline - granted they're not the best haha.  Still, monsters counting as 5 for caps and that Arachnaroks didn't get hit too hard might be pretty huge for Spiderfang; maybe that's reason enough to run Riders in Spiderfang since an Arachnarok followed by a bundle of quick Riders should be enough to hold an objective.