AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

40 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

Hide contents

Hide all 3 units of Fanatics in the 60 stabbas.

I might be missing something from a battalion but I thought the fantatic warscroll says you can only put one unit of fanatics with each unit?

"A unit cannot be with more than one unit of fanatics"

47 minutes ago, VonSmall said:

I might be missing something from a battalion but I thought the fantatic warscroll says you can only put one unit of fanatics with each unit?

"A unit cannot be with more than one unit of fanatics"

I don't know how I missed that. Was it changed at some point? Well back to the drawing board for me 😅

edit: without the battalion I came up with this

Spoiler

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
40 x Shootas (240)
40 x Shootas (240)
10 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (280)
Rogue Idol (400)
- Allies
Chronomantic Cogs (80)
Scuttletide (30)
Malevolent Moon (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 400 / 400
Wounds: 176

I think I actually like it more. The combo matters less, I'm making better use out of skraggy with the endless spells and I have another big threat with the +2 to move and charge rogue idol 👌

Thoughts?

Edited by Verminlord

I recently got back into Warhammer, I played Skaven in Fantasy, but I'd like to get into Gloomspite for AoS. I've done some research and theory crafting and wanted to get some feedback on 2 lists I came up with. The first being all Squigs based around the squigalanche and squig rider stampede battalions. The other being a mix of Squigs and Grots using loonboss, snufflers, and hidden fanatics to buff my stabbas and then squigs and casters for support.

List 1

Leaders:

-Fungoid cave shaman (90pts)

-Squig Lure

-Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280pts)

-General

-Fight Another Day

-The Clammy Cowl

-Madcap Shaman (80pts)

-Moonface Mask

-The Hand of Gork

-Madcap Shaman (80pts)

-Itchy Nuisance

-Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110pts)

-Gryph-Feather Charm

Behemoth:

-Mangler Squigs (240pts)

Battlelines:

-10 Squig Hoppers (180pts)

-10 Squig Hoppers (180pts)

-12 Squig Herd (140pts)

Other Units:

-15 Boingrot Bounders (300pts)

-6 Sneaky Snufflers (70pts)

Battalions:

-Squigalanche (90pts)

-Squig Rider Stampede (140pts)

Total Points: 1980/2000

List 2

Leaders:

-Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280pts)

-General

-Fight Another Day

-The Clammy Cowl

-Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)

-Fungoid Cave Shaman (90pts)

-Squig Lure

-Loonboss (70pts)

-Fungoid Cave Shaman (90pts)

-Squig Lure

-Madcap Shaman (80pts)

-The Hand of Gork

Battleline:

-40 Stabbas (260pts)

-6 Barbed Nets, 2 Gong Basher, 2 Moon Clan Flag

-40 Stabbas (260pts)

-6 Barbed Nets, 2 Gong Basher, 2 Moon Clan Flag

-5 Squig Hoppers (90 pts)

Other Units:

-10 Boingrot Bounders (200pts)

-10 Boingrot Bounders (200pts)

-6 Sneaky Snufflers (70pts)

-5 Loonsmasha Fanatics (140pts)

-5 Loonsmasha Fanatics (120pts)

Total Points: 1990/2000

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guys. I got three madcaps from a ebay haul. And I wonder if it would be dumb to place them on 32mm instead of 25mm as the official guide says. All the other hero's come on 32mm and I want to set them apart from normal moonclan grots.

If I have a unit of 20 Stabbas with a Flag Carrier, a Gong Basher and 3 Netters and I bring them back from the Loonshrine do I get to bring any Flag Carriers, Gong Bashers or Netters with them since the unit size is now 10 ? They are limited as 1 in every 20 models or 3 in every 20 models.

1 minute ago, Weazel said:

If I have a unit of 20 Stabbas with a Flag Carrier, a Gong Basher and 3 Netters and I bring them back from the Loonshrine do I get to bring any Flag Carriers, Gong Bashers or Netters with them since the unit size is now 10 ? They are limited as 1 in every 20 models or 3 in every 20 models.

For a unit of 20 Stabbas you can return: 2 Netters, 1 Gong Basher, the Boss and the standard bearer

• Thanks 1

Going to try a 'Grot Bomb', so basically 40 Stabbas with Sneaky Snufflers and a Loonboss. So I have a box of Fanatics unassembled, and I'm kinda undecided which ones to build. Sporesplattas would further buff the Grots with +1A and give some LoS blocking as well if needed. However Loonsmashas' damage looks so tempting and they would be a pretty sweet charge deterrent.. which ones would you build?

Also, do you roll the number of attacks for Fanatics just once for the whole unit, or for each model separately?

6 minutes ago, Weazel said:

Going to try a 'Grot Bomb', so basically 40 Stabbas with Sneaky Snufflers and a Loonboss. So I have a box of Fanatics unassembled, and I'm kinda undecided which ones to build. Sporesplattas would further buff the Grots with +1A and give some LoS blocking as well if needed. However Loonsmashas' damage looks so tempting and they would be a pretty sweet charge deterrent.. which ones would you build?

Also, do you roll the number of attacks for Fanatics just once for the whole unit, or for each model separately?

You need both fanatics to test the real Grot Bomb and a Madcap for the -1Rend artifact. 😁

Edited by Nezzhil

33 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

You need both fanatics to test the real Grot Bomb and a Madcap for the -1Rend artifact. 😁

Ok thanks, I'll consider building towards that eventually maybe. But which Fanatics would you add first? Say if you were strapped for points and had to choose only one or the other.

1 minute ago, Weazel said:

Ok thanks, I'll consider building towards that eventually maybe. But which Fanatics would you add first? Say if you were strapped for points and had to choose only one or the other.

Well, the Sporesplatta are better in bigger armies, if you are going to play 1k or 1.5k games, I think it's better if you try the Loonsmasha first.

Hi all, 

Does the Sneaky Snuffler kit come with two of the exact same sprue?  I’m asking because of the GSG Warcry box seems to contain one sprue for three snufflers.  I want to know if I were to buy two of the GSG Warcry box I would have the full sprues that come in the Sneaky Snuffler kit.  

thanks. 

14 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

What is everyones predictions for points changes?

Probably not much in terms of large changes.

Madcap Shaman: 80-70

Loonboss on Mangler Squigs: 280-270

Mangler Squigs: 240-220

Dankhold Troggoth: 200-180 or maybe a discount (at this cost a unit of 3 looks like it has some potential,  ideally 170 each)

Fellwater Troggoths: maybe 150-140 to be in line with the more popular and competitive choice, being Rockguts.

Loonsmasha fanatics: 140-130, maybe 120. I know they have some unique utility but they're expensive for a suicide unit.

Spider Riders: 100-90/ whatever discount they would get

Sporesplattas: 120-100

Squig Hoppers 90-80

All Arachnaroks down 10 minimum

Squig Herd: introduce a small max unit discount

Mork's Mighty Mushroom: 90-80 maybe 70. When it was first released it looked terrifying but later releases make it look tame by comparison.

Troggherd: 180-160 minimum, 140 preferable but doubtful

Gobbapalooza: 110-90

Can't speak for the Gargant as he may not exist in his current form for much longer.

I know many people would want the Troggboss down again but from extensive playing he's good at 270 given the cost of everything else. He's just mistaken for another greater daemon ballistic missile which he's not. He's a super heavy infantry hero.

• Like 1

The battalions needs an urgent point reductions.

Grots needs a reduction. Sorry but the comparison with the potential of the skins, marauders or clanrats is shameful.

Dankhold needs a reduction.

Spider riders need a reduction.

Skragrott needs a reduction, we pay a heavy tax with the "only general rules"·

Heroes are fine.

Manglers and squigs are fine.

Gobapalooza needs a reduction, but with the battalion reduction will be ok.

Araknaroks are fine.

Troggoths are fine.

Fanatics needs a reduction.

Of course, these reductions will be less urgent if they change our faction rules in the GH2020 as they did with Seraphon or Ironjawz in the past book.

On 5/22/2020 at 9:15 AM, Malakithe said:

What is everyones predictions for points changes?

A bit of this is wishlisting of course but I'll give what I think some of the stuff should go to.

Dankhold Troggboss - 270 to 250

Fungoid Cave Shaman - 90 to 100 (Not convinced, but this guy is very solid for the points and is used as an ally quite a bit)

Madcap Shaman - 80 to 70

Arachnarok with Warparty/Flinger - Battleline if Spiderfang General.

Gobbapalooza - 200 to 160

Dankhold Troggoths - 200 to 150/400 (these dudes really need a warscroll rewrite though, but this at least makes the bodies more affordable)

Fellwater Troggoths - 150 to 150/520

Rockgut Troggoths - 140 to 140/520

note on Troggoths: I think horde discounts are the way to go for troggoths going forward, since if they get any cheaper every destruction faction and non-troggoth list is going to benefit more from the efficiency. What I would really like to see though is troggoths being able to regenerate back slain models if their unit still exists.

Spider Riders - from 100/540 to 80/280 with their unit size changed to 5/20. I could see these guys going as low as 70 points base though.

SporeSplatta Fanatics - 120 to 100

Squig Hoppers 90 to 80, I'd love it to go to 80/280 though.

Scuttletide: 30 to 50

Malevolent Moon: 40 to 30

Battalions:

Gobbapalooza - 110 to 100

Troggherd - 180 to 80 (This thing has a sketchy ability at the best of times, and the fact it can make a 1 drop list doesn't really matter when Troggoths don't get a huge benefit from going first or second since they aren't fast enough to alpha strike, and don't have enough shooting/magic to make double turns crippling.)

• LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

@Nezzhil

Regarding the Dank rewrite I'd love to see them get a similar attack characteristic as the Nighthaunt Chainghast and one of the SE Paladins were as in they get an attack for every enemy within 2" 

More fitting for that massive club.

The faction rules are not the Warscrolls, we have a problem with the moon... Most of the Warscrolls are fine, and the Danks have a superb rules with an specific job that they do very well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

The faction rules are not the Warscrolls, we have a problem with the moon... Most of the Warscrolls are fine, and the Danks have a superb rules with an specific job that they do very well. 

I agree; most of what makes Gitz a mid tier army at best is our allegiance abilities. Our warscrolls are actually really good, especially things like Rockguts and Bounders.

@Ganigumo

Even if Rockguts and Fellwaters got a discount, the unit will be too big to wield effectively, and would be a battleshock magnet. The biggest unit I ever see is 9, while I run multiples of 6.

Dankholds won't go below 170 due to things like magic resist being a premium ability (which in this meta I value highly). Now if they were between 170-180 I would take a unit of 3 in a Grot based force (not a Trogg based force like I play) as they'd make excellent line breakers due to their massive footprint to power ratio, and the ability to pull 3 models out of an infantry unit; ogres/stormcast would wet themselves if they get split. The cheapness of the Grots would offset the more premium price of the Dankholds, which is why I wouldn't take it in a Trogg list. Not to mention if you get the Dankholds fighting in cover they can be a real pain to fight. Also, being Bravery 6+1 they can be left on their own provided the enemy doesn't have any penalties to bravery. In the proposed list, they don't need a Dankboss around since All out Attack will do the same thing.

3 hours ago, Dankboss said:

I agree; most of what makes Gitz a mid tier army at best is our allegiance abilities. Our warscrolls are actually really good, especially things like Rockguts and Bounders.

@Ganigumo

Even if Rockguts and Fellwaters got a discount, the unit will be too big to wield effectively, and would be a battleshock magnet. The biggest unit I ever see is 9, while I run multiples of 6.

Dankholds won't go below 170 due to things like magic resist being a premium ability (which in this meta I value highly). Now if they were between 170-180 I would take a unit of 3 in a Grot based force (not a Trogg based force like I play) as they'd make excellent line breakers due to their massive footprint to power ratio, and the ability to pull 3 models out of an infantry unit; ogres/stormcast would wet themselves if they get split. The cheapness of the Grots would offset the more premium price of the Dankholds, which is why I wouldn't take it in a Trogg list. Not to mention if you get the Dankholds fighting in cover they can be a real pain to fight. Also, being Bravery 6+1 they can be left on their own provided the enemy doesn't have any penalties to bravery. In the proposed list, they don't need a Dankboss around since All out Attack will do the same thing.

In terms of troggoth hordes I'm just looking for ways to buff troggoth lists that won't break the unit for anything else.

Now onto why dankholds need a significant point drop:

Troggoth melee average damage comparison

3 Fellwater:

Vs 4+ 7.11 damage

Vs 3+ 5.33 damage

Vs 2+ 3.56 damage

3 Rockgut

Vs 4+ 6.67 damage

Vs 3+ 5.33 damage

Vs 2+ 4 damage

1 Dankhold:

Vs 4+ 3.89 damage

Vs 3+ 3.11 damage

Vs 2+ 2.33 damage

Then you can factor in special abilities like the rock throw, grab, and vomit but unless you're grabbing models with 3+ wounds, it will only even out the damage disparity. This isn't even getting into the damage variance of these guys, 3 d6 damage attacks is horribly incinsistent.

Dankholds are also not durable at all. They are currently 10 wounds with a 4+ save is the equivalent of 5 Ardboyz or 5 chaos warriors(which will actually put out similar damage as the troggoth club) even at 170 these guys are way too inefficient. Spell resistance is pointless on a unit that is little more than a speedbump.

Rockguts (definitely) and fellwaters(arguably) are more durable than dankholds, while dealing similar to more damage and having way better wound efficiency. I can't see dankholds being remotely usable until they cost the same, or less than rockguts and fellwaters.

• Like 1