AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

41 minutes ago, novakai said:

1. in this case you probably make Mollog your general to make the rockguts battleline and just fill out the rest with either more trolls or for cheap bodies squig herds

3. she can be a bit squishy but at 1k it usually harder to take her down. she can play the range game a little bit with her magic and vomit attack and while she not a beatstick in melee, if you use a -1 to hit artifact along with her innate -1 she can tank certain units in melee a good time and hold them off while doing decent damage in return. so play her somewhat aggressively but don't charge her headlong into combat without support.

Mollog doesnt unlock Troggoth battlelines

She is literally the tankiest model in this army and very tanky over all. Give her a Gryph feather charm and with the help of spells you can get enemies to -3 or -4 to hit...

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 4:11 PM, Pitloze said:

I got a Troggoth hag as a birthday gift. And since she apparently does not get the dankhold keyword I think I can better ask it over in here than in the Troggoth topic.

1. Any ideas for a fun 1k list with her at the center? I have the Hag, 6 rockguts (used them as proxies for Icefall Yhetee's) and Mollog.

2. Any tips for building her? Never worked with resin before.

3. Any tips for her on the tabletop? She has a lot of wounds but as an Ogor player I know that a lot of wounds and a 4+ safe is still pretty fragile. Is she more of a stay back and chill hero or do I need to be aggressive with her?

Rockguts and Fellwaters only become BATTLELINE when a Dankhold Troggboss is the general. Other Troggoth heroes, like the Hag or Mollog do not make them batteline. At 1000 points you can fit a Troggboss, two minimum sized squads of Troggoths, and the Hag. The Hag takes up a lot of points and you need the Dankhold to bring Troggoths as battleline, and so if you cut her for a grot shaman or went up in points, like to 1500, you could fit a lot more troggoths.

Despite the name, the Dankhold Troggoth discussion is about all Troggoths. Maybe it should have been named Troggherd Discussion... While it's not as active as this discussion thread, all the lists posted there are centered on Troggoths. There are some great lists posted there that you can take some inspiration from, and many use the Hag. 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

New to Gitz can anyone help with a competitive squig list. 

I was thinking of something like:

Loonboss on Mangler 280,  General, Fight another day, Gryph-feather charm

Loonboss on Mangler 280

Fungoid Cave-Shaman 90 Itchy Nuisance 

Fungoid Cave-Shaman 90 Hand of Gork 

Boingrot Bounderz (15) 300

Boingrot Bounderz (15) 300

Squig Herd (12) 140

Squig Herd (12) 140

Squig Hoppers 90 

Mangler Squig 240 

Extra Command point 50

2000/2000  162 wounds

Thanks

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 4:41 AM, Japanman said:

New to Gitz can anyone help with a competitive squig list. 

Is that all of your model to pick from? Even if you're going for Squig, I suggest you still include 20-40 stabbas. You can use them as screen or objective holder, and they do surprising damage with +2 to wound and rr1 to hit. But more importantly , it give you a target for the Loonshrine, and potentially allow you to include some fanatics.

28 minutes ago, broche said:

Is that all of your model to pick from? Even if you're going for Squig, I suggest you still include 20-40 stabbas. You can use them as screen or objective holder, and they do surprising damage with +2 to wound and rr1 to hit. But more importantly , it give you a target for the Loonshrine, and potentially allow you to include some fanatics.

No, I have 72 squig herd in total not just 24. Are big blocks of Squig herd any good. like 3x24?  Thanks

I like this a lot. My army is almost the same but I seem to need a little more sustain in every game I play. Also I have played many games with 15 bounderz and  I can't seem to make use of the full 15. I plan on taking something like this. I like the idea of the small unit preventing the larger units getting charged etc. Shaman spells vary not sure if there is 100% go to and no swap-ability. let me know what you think. I like the idea of hand of gork for one sham and I guess squig lure, but IDK... hmm New Roster.rosz

Im a squig fan myself. All those grot lists are just the same and boring. This list is all the new models I like plus it provides threat saturation. The DoomShroom gives great board control if you roll decent for the distance. Rockguts are a combo hammer/anvil unit. Good wounds and tanky for the points while giving rend and some ranged MW output.

@Japanman for your list you might want to consider the Squig Rider Stampede battalion. It would lower your drops, give re-rolls for movement, another item, and the extra CP your already paying for.

Mortal Realm: Ghur
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
18 x Squig Herd (210)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (280)
Mangler Squigs (240)
Mangler Squigs (240)
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (90)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 172

• LOVE IT! 1

Greetings.

My gaming group is competitive most of the time and play tough lists. I have on the other hand realized that I like to play fun armies but yet try my best to match the competitive side of things. And I have decided that I would like to build a Gloomspite gitz army next year. If I understand correcly a Grot heavy list with lots of endless spells are the most competitive to play right now? 

8 hours ago, Amradiel said:

Greetings.

My gaming group is competitive most of the time and play tough lists. I have on the other hand realized that I like to play fun armies but yet try my best to match the competitive side of things. And I have decided that I would like to build a Gloomspite gitz army next year. If I understand correcly a Grot heavy list with lots of endless spells are the most competitive to play right now? 

It's the most competitive if your local meta is a Slaanesh meta. If It isn't I recommend a heavy grot list but you could try to improve the lista with rockgut troggoths/Dankhold, some boingrots, more fanatics and/or Skagrott. When the fanatics get the points drop, they'll be a must...

Remember, your objective is capture the objectives, you don't want to fight a lot of combats.

14 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It's the most competitive if your local meta is a Slaanesh meta. If It isn't I recommend a heavy grot list but you could try to improve the lista with rockgut troggoths/Dankhold, some boingrots, more fanatics and/or Skagrott. When the fanatics get the points drop, they'll be a must...

Remember, your objective is capture the objectives, you don't want to fight a lot of combats.

I wouldn't say a Slaanesh meta. But they exist :) I like the thought of a more mixed list

What do you think about my list for competitive tournament?

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Mortal Realm: Ghur

LEADERS
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
- Command Trait : Fight Another Day - Artefact : Gryph-feather Charm

Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (280)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs : Sneaky Distraction

Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans : The Hand of Gork

Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans : Itchy Nuisance

Loonboss (70)

UNITS
40 x Stabbas (260)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 3 x Barbed Nets
- 2 x Moonclan Flag Bearers - 2 x Badmoon Icon Bearers

20 x Shootas (120)
- 1 x Moonclan Flag Bearers - 1 x Badmoon Icon Bearers

5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)

6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)

18 x Squig Herd (210)

10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)

3 x Fellwater Troggoths (150)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
   Scuttletide (30)

TOTAL: 1990/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0

WOUNDS: 184
LEADERS: 5/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 1/1

Edited by Juanruni

Hello all you gitz!

I want to play an endless spell heavy list in my Next tournament i‘m going to attend. But i‘m super unsure what and how to play. Idk wich spells to take, i think geminids and scuttletide for sure, should i solely rely on my spell dmg and is anyone around with experience with a list like this?  I am a newbie and  play Most of the Time Ironjawz or my squigs which is pretty much straightfoward, but an endless spell list will require even more tactical thinking. So far i am taking in a1,5k list: 

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (280)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Madcap Shaman (80)

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
20 x Shootas (120)

Total: 1150 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 108

Leaves me with 350 for spells or Changes. That would be core and 60 stabbas seems to be mandatory. But I Can switch things up, super Open and thankful for suggestions.

So, after a long, long time of thinking and sipping on my warp-stone coffee, I have chosen to build a army-list for well just some fun time and around a certain theme.

In particularly do you guys have any suggestions, or tipps gor the list I’ll be showing you guys just down here?

anyways heres the list:

Da Quest for da shroomy grail, 2000points gloomspite gitz armylist:

Heroes:570p

Da mighty Skakbad, Loonking of Lurktobia

(Loonboss on mangler squigs):280p(general: dead shouty, the clammy cowl)

Da black Knight

(Loonboss on giant cave squig):110p (Gildenbane)

Da mad scribe

(1Fungoid cave  shaman):90points(itchy nuissance)

Da tale-teller

(1Fungoid cave shaman):90p( the hand of gork)

Battleline:590p

Gobbos at arm’z 

(40Stabbas):260p

Da eyetakers of lurktobia

(40Shootas):240p

Da looming jumping jacks

(5squig hoppers):90p

Others:680p

Knight’z of da realm

(10Boingrot bounderz):200p

Skakbad’z mighty destrya’z

(10boindgrot bounderz):200p

Da Rocksmasha’z

(3Rockgut troggoths):140p

Da battle crazed pilgrim’z:

(5loonsmasha fanatics):140p

Battailons:140p

Squig rider stampede:140p

Total: 1980points

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

So, after a long, long time of thinking and sipping on my warp-stone coffee, I have chosen to build a army-list for well just some fun time and around a certain theme.

In particularly do you guys have any suggestions, or tipps gor the list I’ll be showing you guys just down here?

anyways heres the list:

Da Quest for da shroomy grail, 2000points gloomspite gitz armylist:

Heroes:570p

Da mighty Skakbad, Loonking of Lurktobia

(Loonboss on mangler squigs):280p(general: dead shouty, the clammy cowl)

Da black Knight

(Loonboss on giant cave squig):110p (Gildenbane)

Da mad scribe

(1Fungoid cave  shaman):90points(itchy nuissance)

Da tale-teller

(1Fungoid cave shaman):90p( the hand of gork)

Battleline:590p

Gobbos at arm’z 

(40Stabbas):260p

Da eyetakers of lurktobia

(40Shootas):240p

Da looming jumping jacks

(5squig hoppers):90p

Others:680p

Knight’z of da realm

(10Boingrot bounderz):200p

Skakbad’z mighty destrya’z

(10boindgrot bounderz):200p

Da Rocksmasha’z

(3Rockgut troggoths):140p

Da battle crazed pilgrim’z:

(5loonsmasha fanatics):140p

Battailons:140p

Squig rider stampede:140p

Total: 1980points

IMO. the only thing I can think of is bumping the rockguts into a 6 man unit instead of 3, my experience is that work better both in melee and using their MW shooting when they are six of them, maybe replace the battalion or fanatics with the rockguts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey friends, I don’t see the Gobapalooza being used in any lists really. Is this because they aren’t worth it? 

EDIT: also, can someone help me save 60pts in this list? And is it any good?

HEROES

- Skragrott (General)

- Fungoid Shaman

- Loonboss

- Loonboss on Mangler Squigs

BATTLINE

- 40x Stabbas

- 40x Shootas

- 12x Cave Squigs

OTHER

- 10x Boingrot Bounderz

- 6x Rockgut Troggoths

- 10x Fanatics

2060pts/200pts :( 

Edited by Tiberius501

2 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Hey friends, I don’t see the Gobapalooza being used in any lists really. Is this because they aren’t worth it? 

EDIT: also, can someone help me save 60pts in this list? And is it any good?

HEROES

- Skragrott (General)

- Fungoid Shaman

- Loonboss

- Loonboss on Mangler Squigs

BATTLINE

- 40x Stabbas

- 40x Shootas

- 12x Cave Squigs

OTHER

- 10x Boingrot Bounderz

- 6x Rockgut Troggoths

- 10x Fanatics

2060pts/200pts :( 

my suggestion would be to drop the fanatics to 5 and add either sneaky snuffers or an additional squig herd to round off the list

as for Gobblapoloza, their buff are not particularly strong for what they cost and you have to use the battalion and build around them to get your best mileage out of them.

Edited by novakai

Thanks for the reply. 

Happy new year everyone! 

Also what if I drop the fanatics to 5 and Shootas to 20, then chuck in a Dankhold Troggoth? I know the boss would be better but not really sure how to sneak him in. If not I’ll do the sneaky snufflers because I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy them awesome bros.

I took a troll centered list to a 3 game tournament last weekend! Went for a heavy debuff style list. Here is the battle recap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiYMJGaliXM

My intention was to stack as many minueses to hit around the spider and fellwaters as possible. Also get the Hag to -3 to hit. Haha.

List:

LEADERS
Dankhold Troggboss (270) - General - Command Trait : Loonskin  
Troggoth Hag (380) - Artefact :  Gryph-feather Charm 
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (280) - Artefact :  Headdress of Many Eyes  - Lore of the Spiderfangs : Sneaky Distraction
UNITS
6 x Fellwater Troggoths (300)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (150)
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (280)
20 x Shootas (120) - 1 x  Barbed Nets - 1 x  Moonclan Flag Bearers
BATTALIONS
Troggherd (180)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (40)

Stacking Minuses.jpg

1 hour ago, Tiberius501 said:

Thanks for the reply. 

Happy new year everyone! 

Also what if I drop the fanatics to 5 and Shootas to 20, then chuck in a Dankhold Troggoth? I know the boss would be better but not really sure how to sneak him in. If not I’ll do the sneaky snufflers because I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy them awesome bros.

you could do it for fun but I think the sneaky snufflers offers more synergy since they buff up most things in your list.

the regular dankhold is unfortunately a bit too expensive for what it does and isn't as reliable in combat, still there no harm in trying units out that looks cool.

8 hours ago, novakai said:

you could do it for fun but I think the sneaky snufflers offers more synergy since they buff up most things in your list.

the regular dankhold is unfortunately a bit too expensive for what it does and isn't as reliable in combat, still there no harm in trying units out that looks cool.

Yeah sneaky snufflers seem a lot better for the list. 

Hmm, just for the sake of it, last try to chuck in a dankhold how about I get rid of the Loonboss as well and make him a troggboss? Seems like it severely weakens my Stabbas.

4 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Yeah sneaky snufflers seem a lot better for the list. 

Hmm, just for the sake of it, last try to chuck in a dankhold how about I get rid of the Loonboss as well and make him a troggboss? Seems like it severely weakens my Stabbas.

true but you have plenty of thing in that list that hit hard already from Boingrots to the Rockguts, and if you fit both the Mangler boss and the Troggboss you have two power pieces right there, you don't really need the Stabbas to do damage but just to control the board and objective. 

On 12/30/2019 at 6:25 PM, Nickmoss90 said:

Not sure about skragrott and the webspinner shaman on spider in the same army. Personally I would take one or the other. Also I think Fungoid shamans are always better than madcaps.

100% Agree Fungoids are better than Madcaps, but I only own 1 of each and I dont really like to have the same hero model twice, and Fungoids dont leave much for easy conversions. Skrag and SpiderSham are both potent double cast wizards and I like to sling out as much endless spells as I can in one turn. And maybe I take in a 10er of Spider Riders, getting more out of both CA/Spells.

Right now I consider: Geminids, Pendulum, Malevolent Moon, Palisade, Scuttletide and Couldron but I dont know If I should invest so many points in spells.

In my group ranged fire is the go to, so I  get shot of board by Skryre, KO, Cities pretty early, playing that much spells feels kind of weak-ish against e.g. "more more warp powered" big blocks of stormfiends (but I think mostly everything does...)