AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

6 hours ago, Garuun said:

routinely get games done around about 2 hours, you have zero excuse to time out if you bring a horde, get movement trays, git gud

Well I'm really happy for you, you're a champion.

I was simply mentionning the fact that high model count is one of the factor  that significantly increase game time (another important factor would be deepstriking army)

• Like 3

So, I'm about to place a big order to expand our Gloomspite Gitz, and I'm wondering if it is over-kill to own 30 Fanatics?  Is it excessive to have enough to pack two full sized groups of them into a list?  I only ask, as their price-per-model makes them one of the costlier parts of my order, and it would mean skimping on things like the number of Troggoths I could order, at least for now.

1 hour ago, Neomaxim said:

So, I'm about to place a big order to expand our Gloomspite Gitz, and I'm wondering if it is over-kill to own 30 Fanatics?  Is it excessive to have enough to pack two full sized groups of them into a list?  I only ask, as their price-per-model makes them one of the costlier parts of my order, and it would mean skimping on things like the number of Troggoths I could order, at least for now.

It might be too much. I'd only ever go max 10. Ten can usually do the smashing job you need done, plus, any more than that and you might have trouble deploying them wholly within 3", outside of 3" of enemy units. I'd also pose that Fanatics have had their market value continually decrease as more new battletomes include "always strikes first" "strikes last" and "impact damage" units---meaning those units of bloodcrushers, gore gruntas, terrorgheists, every Slaanesh hero, or whatever will be able to annihilate your little dudes before they even get a chance to swing, or force you to delay their deployment, which nullifies a lot of their initial value.

The biggest thing about Fanatics is they're all or nothing. They can interrupt a big charge, wipe out a big scary unit, and laugh all the way to the bank. But just as often, they'll be countered by some ability or smart movement by the opponent...and that's 140-280 points that ended up doing nothing. Even if everything goes perfectly, you might just roll poorly on their attacks, leaving them helpless. To be honest, I really think Loonsmashas should be more like 120 and Sporesplattas 100.

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Matt Large said:

Any advice against the  Hedonites of Slaanesh? Yet to face them but they scare me 

I have an article on this subject on my blog which might be relevant, written with help from a top competitive Slaanesh player:

http://plasticcraic.blog/2019/09/01/how-to-beat-slaanesh-with-joel-mcgrath/

There's also a Gloomspite-specific diagram about efficiently containing a KOS in the first article of the 2-part series:

https://plasticcraic.blog/2019/08/28/are-slaanesh-op/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi all! 

putting together a list based on models I currently own and looking at backfilling with a few of the newer boxes. 

Are Squig hoppers and / or Boing Grot Bounderz useful in minimum unit sizes? I was thinking of having one unit of ten hoppers and one unit of five Bounderz. The hoppers would do their own thing, but the Bounderz I was going to use as a counter charge unit. 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, Tc63 said:

Are Squig hoppers and / or Boing Grot Bounderz useful in minimum unit sizes? I was thinking of having one unit of ten hoppers and one unit of five Bounderz. The hoppers would do their own thing, but the Bounderz I was going to use as a counter charge unit. 

I've found Squig Hoppers are useful in minimum units to threaten unguarded objectives with their ridiculous movement and sprinkle mortal wounds around on high value targets. Bounderz though I wouldn't run in less than 10 and I'm thinking 15 is probably best.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:57 PM, Tc63 said:

Hi all! 

putting together a list based on models I currently own and looking at backfilling with a few of the newer boxes. 

I' d use 10/15 boingrotz and 1 or 2 units of 5 squig  hoppers. (They are very fragile and don't like to be in combact but just strolling around to take objectives.) 

On 7/1/2019 at 4:29 PM, TheWilddog said:

Trying to decide between these two color schemes for my grots. I like the contrast of the yellow skin tone with the blue robes but I also love the brightness of the orange. What do you all think.

06347C2C-97D5-4198-A019-469B713FCC2B.jpeg

Both look amazing but over big units of Grots you should definitely go for the vibrant orange. It will be amazing, good job 

• Like 1

So I play Gloomspite - just not Squigs.  I have recently been thinking of expanding my collection to be able to run a Squig-based army.

My question is if people think the Battalion is any good?  Being able to reroll movent is great and all, but I have a couple of problems with it.

First, there seems to be a reasonable amount of movement buffs in the faction already, thanks to Command Abilities, spells, et.  The reroll seems nice, but somewhat unnecessary?

Second, the Battalion is so darned SMALL.  You can fit in like a Mangler and a trio of Squig units.  Usually I look to Battalions to substantially lower my drop count, but most of the army lists I drew up still have like 6-8 drops, even after including the Battalion.

I am thinking the Battalion might not really be worth it.

22 hours ago, mikethefish said:

So I play Gloomspite - just not Squigs.  I have recently been thinking of expanding my collection to be able to run a Squig-based army.

My question is if people think the Battalion is any good?  Being able to reroll movent is great and all, but I have a couple of problems with it.

First, there seems to be a reasonable amount of movement buffs in the faction already, thanks to Command Abilities, spells, et.  The reroll seems nice, but somewhat unnecessary?

Second, the Battalion is so darned SMALL.  You can fit in like a Mangler and a trio of Squig units.  Usually I look to Battalions to substantially lower my drop count, but most of the army lists I drew up still have like 6-8 drops, even after including the Battalion.

I am curious as well. I purchased a bunch of Gloomspite cheap and I am waiting for the new battleforce this christmas season and if it is good I am going to build a force. Is there anyway to do a squig based army competitive? I was thinking 2 15 man squads of bounderz, a few min squads of herds and grots and a couple Manglers with magic support. I am fairly new and play Deepkin at the moment and bounderz are like Goblin Eels haha.

Hey guys! Im wanting to start a 1000 points gloomspite gitz army for an instore tournament. any help or advice on this list? opponents will be DoT, Skaven and Slannesh!

Loonboss on Mangler Squig
Fungoid Cave Shaman
20x stabbas w/ spear and shield

20x stabba w/ spear and shield

10x boingrot bounderz
5x loonsmasha fanatics

14 hours ago, heromaster said:

Hey guys! Im wanting to start a 1000 points gloomspite gitz army for an instore tournament. any help or advice on this list? opponents will be DoT, Skaven and Slannesh!

Loonboss on Mangler Squig
Fungoid Cave Shaman
20x stabbas w/ spear and shield

20x stabba w/ spear and shield

10x boingrot bounderz
5x loonsmasha fanatics

I think is better if you change the spears for stabbas.

I prefer the sporesplatta... The loonsmasha are better if they are 10 fanatics

10 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Why include a boss and fanatics? This box should come with a battalion like all other boxes before, unless they dont do that now, but the fanatics arent even usable with those units

Yeah, the box is a pretty incoherent force but still a cool selection of models. I'd be getting if I hadn't loaded up on Squig hoppers/Bounderz when Looncurse came out. I suppose I might still get it if the savings are good enough.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:21 AM, mikethefish said:

I've been playing a Squig army for awhile now. Its fun but not very good. The Battalion can be a life saver for Boingrot Bounderz. There have been a couple of games where I have a good charge coming up and then roll snake eyes for my Bounderz's movement. Drop wise the Battalion sucks, you'll still be finishing deployment 2nd most of the time with it.

Side note on squigs lists- I've found Bounderz to be pretty disappointing. I've been running them in 2 units of 10 but they seem to just lack the damage to kill anything important though with movement buffs I've pulled off some crazy rear line charges. I'm thinking of switching them out for 1 unit of 15 or just 1 unit of 10 and using them as a secondary hammer/assassin unit. 1 or 2  min units of Squig Hoppers are awesome for ninja'ing objective points and just being a nuisance in general. Squig Herd have been my surprise mvps in every game so far though. They have been surprisingly tanky thanks to their wound count and deal pretty good damage due to being on 25mm bases and getting so many attacks in. Manger Squigs are great damage dealers though mine has the tendency to wiff an amazing amount of the time (he's done 0 damage multiple times on the charge at his top bracket. I think its due to me being cursed rather than bad stats).

I'm very much looking forward to battleforce box to expand my 750pts force. At the moment I have 40 stabbas, 20 shoots, a fungoid cave shaman, zarbags gitz and a Loonboss on a Giant Cave Squig. All of those units will synergise with my force perfectly and save me quite abit of money, can't wait!