AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

Got an idea for Mollog + fellwater troggs for a pain in the ass combo.

Mollog has an ability to give a model -1 hit on a 4+/4+ attack

Another 5+ chance to give -1 hit

Fellwater have natural -1 hit

Potential -3 hit the fellwater is ridiculous!

Mol has 4+ Ignore save for spells and gives +1 bravery to the troggs so he’s hard to spell snipe / his troggs bubble wrap less likely to lose models to battleshock.

At 11 wounds with 4+ save and 2 attacks that can do MW I don’t think he’s half bad when combined with a decent chunk of fellwater.

Mollog hmm. I like the model shame about the cost he should be 140 max watch this space GHB 2019. I am calling it now he will be reduced. Cool abilities and very tanky I guess very good to hold an objective.

I played a 1.2k game with him he almost died 2 times healed back up tanked like a boss.

Edited by Nickmoss90
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 2:02 PM, TheWilddog said:

Thx. I was just mocking up the flesh to see how it would go with the orange.  I love a little flesh tone in my orc and goblin faces, but the skin is far from done.  Just trying to settle on a scheme for the cloaks as it will be the dominate color of the army. I am a little afraid the orange will not play well with my red squigs.  I will probably mock up a test squig rider and see how it looks.  

I would consider something a tad darker if your gonna go with red Squigs. The orange in top or red is too much hot colors. Try contrasting with a darker color robe :)

• Like 1

Would appreciate a comprehensive analyst from someone regarding this 1k list. 

My questions are:

1). Choice of general: skragrott so that I can control the moon for a turn or fungoid so I can use boss shaman to essentially make him a loonboss (making a units wound roll of 6 MW)

2). Choose of spells: I want to hand of gork 1st turn. The other spell I'm considering between itchy nuisance and great green spite. 

3). Endless spells: I have 70 spare points in the list to spend. Whatever combination would best suit my army's needs. 

4) Artefact: must be on fungoid? And I'm guessing that I cam use a mortal realm artefact? 

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Screenshot_20190526-185720_Office Mobile.jpg

5 minutes ago, GlitzFan said:

Would appreciate a comprehensive analyst from someone regarding this 1k list. 

My questions are:

1). Choice of general: skragrott so that I can control the moon for a turn or fungoid so I can use boss shaman to essentially make him a loonboss (making a units wound roll of 6 MW)

2). Choose of spells: I want to hand of gork 1st turn. The other spell I'm considering between itchy nuisance and great green spite. 

3). Endless spells: I have 70 spare points in the list to spend. Whatever combination would best suit my army's needs. 

4) Artefact: must be on fungoid? And I'm guessing that I cam use a mortal realm artefact? 

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Screenshot_20190526-185720_Office Mobile.jpg

I would spend the 70 points on a basic Loonboss to boost your grot blocks and would be a good candidate for whatever item you choose.

• Thanks 1

@GlitzFan I agree 100% with @Aelfric

Skragrott is solid as both the general and just as a hero.

I'd take great green spite as your second spell. You don't really have any high priority units you're looking to monster stuff before they can attack.

Possibly split the 40 into 20x20 to give more flexibility in terms of deployment, moving and screening.

Go listen to Ritchie talking about his 3rd place finish with grots. There are a ton of amazing tips and insight in there.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GlitzFan said:

Thanks for the replies. Agreed with the loonboss addition. 

Also I bought the gloomspite cards pack and it came with tokens. What is the "burning" token used for?

I'd guess Skragrott's "Da Moon Onna Stick"

• Like 2

so ive got 2 halves of Looncurse, trying to plan what to buy next. what do you think of this list?

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day
- Artefact: The Clammy cowl
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
- Moonclan Stabba

Battleline
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)

Units
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)

Behemoths
Mangler Squigs (240)

Battalions
Squig Rider Stampede (140)
Squigalanche (90)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 126

Rating the Spells , my top 5.

Just for fun here is my list of the best spells , bear in mind I have a grand total of 3 games with my Gitz , so I have no idea what I’m talking about.

1) Hand of Gork

Just the threat of this spell will have your enemy in knots , just in case you drop some Grots behind them etc , without this spell Gitz have no back field threats.

2) Sneaky Distraction (spiderfang)

That extra -1 to hit can frustrate even the nastiest enemy units. The weakness is the wholly within 12” , which your enemy can counter it if they keep an eye on things.

3) Great Green Spite

Great range and can nuke enemy wizards.

4) Itchy Nuisance

Not sure about how useful this is , but if you have some squishy squish or something you want to leave until later in the combat phase , can be handy ?

5) Venomous Spiderlings (spiderfang)

A horde killer , good range because you just have to get within 12” , hand of gork can help here.

Honourable mention

Gift of the Spider God

Good for keeping your Big spiders alive.

Squig Lure if Squig heavy ?

Some of the other spiderfang spells look good if you run loads of spiders.

Anyway , what do you think , anything I’ve missed ?

Edited by Keith
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Keith said:

Rating the Spells , my top 5.

Just for fun here is my list of the best spells , bear in mind I have a grand total of 3 games with my Gitz , so I have no idea what I’m talking about.

1) Hand of Gork

Just the threat of this spell will have your enemy in knots , just in case you drop some Grots behind them etc , without this spell Gitz have no back field threats.

2) Sneaky Distraction (spiderfang)

That extra -1 to hit can frustrate even the nastiest enemy units. The weakness is the wholly within 12” , which your enemy can counter it if they keep an eye on things.

3) Great Green Spite

Great range and can nuke enemy wizards.

4) Itchy Nuisance

Not sure about how useful this is , but if you have some squishy squish or something you want to leave until later in the combat phase , can be handy ?

5) Venomous Spiderlings (spiderfang)

A horde killer , good range because you just have to get within 12” , hand of gork can help here.

Honourable mention

Gift of the Spider God

Good for keeping your Big spiders alive.

Squig Lure if Squig heavy ?

Some of the other spiderfang spells look good if you run loads of spiders.

Anyway , what do you think , anything I’ve missed ?

Hand of Gork is my favourite, especially for the "psychological effects" on the opponent. 

Than itchy Nuissance at the second place. 

9 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

so ive got 2 halves of Looncurse, trying to plan what to buy next. what do you think of this list?

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day
- Artefact: The Clammy cowl
- Moon-cutta
- Moonclan Stabba

Battleline
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)

Units

Behemoths
Mangler Squigs (240)

Battalions
Squigalanche (90)

Extra Command Points: 3
Wounds: 126

I know that one drop is very appealing. I have not found the Stampede or Squigalanche to be very reliable or effective.  Stampede is sill too random and the 6" pile in is very situational and dependent on the moon. Since you are not running Skragrott the moon abilities will often disappoint and can't be counted on to be there when you need them. 

I'd consider taking a Fungoid Cave Shaman with the Arachnacauldron and possibly a Balewind Vortex. Squig Lure and Hand of Gork are far more reliable than the Battalions for managing movement and he can get you an occasional additional command point to give you more opportunities to max you run at 6". 

5 hours ago, Sactownbri said:

I know that one drop is very appealing. I have not found the Stampede or Squigalanche to be very reliable or effective.  Stampede is sill too random and the 6" pile in is very situational and dependent on the moon. Since you are not running Skragrott the moon abilities will often disappoint and can't be counted on to be there when you need them. 

I'd consider taking a Fungoid Cave Shaman with the Arachnacauldron and possibly a Balewind Vortex. Squig Lure and Hand of Gork are far more reliable than the Battalions for managing movement and he can get you an occasional additional command point to give you more opportunities to max you run at 6". 

ill concede i dont much like the Squigalanche but i do like the Squig Rider Stampede. Skarggrot i like but the fact he must be the general for his abilities conflicts with my theme

quick question:

The Light of the Bad Moon trait for the gitz:
I have a unit of 60 grots and 40 are in the quadrant where the moon is and 20 are out of it.

Do those 40 wholly inside the quadrant get affected by the bad moon or does the whole unit have to be inside the quadrant?

5 hours ago, GlitzFan said:

quick question:

The Light of the Bad Moon trait for the gitz:
I have a unit of 60 grots and 40 are in the quadrant where the moon is and 20 are out of it.

Do those 40 wholly inside the quadrant get affected by the bad moon or does the whole unit have to be inside the quadrant?

Whole unit, so no.

2 hours ago, GlitzFan said:

Can you find the quote for that? 

I have had a dispute with another gitz player who thinks it's models within but we don't have the wording. 

@Malakree

Q: When is a unit (as opposed to a model) affected by the light 
of the Bad Moon?

A: A unit is affected by the light of the Bad Moon if all 
of the models in the unit are affected by the light of the 
Bad Moon.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/age_of_sigmar_gloomspite_gitz_designers_commentary_en.pdf

Actually check your book for the exact wording of the grot ability.

Edit: so looking at the page from the book it says "models" which means it's each individual grots.

Edited by Malakree

Leaders
Loonboss (70)
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet 
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
Webspinner Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Gift of da Spider God
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (300)
- Artefact: Totem of the Spider God 
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Scuttleboss on Gigantic Spider (100)
- General
- Trait: Monstrous Mount 

Battleline
10 x Spider Riders (200)
10 x Spider Riders (200)
10 x Spider Riders (200)
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 09x Barbed Nets
- 01x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 01x Badmoon Icon Bearers

Units
10 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (280)

Battalions
Spider Rider Skittermob (120)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 163
Any thougts on this list?

IMO it includes the best spiderfang have to offer and it is supported by very strong moonclan units.

• Like 1

@JohnyKabanos your list looks neat! I can't speak much for the spiders but as for your grots, you've picked very strong units. One thing to consider would be swapping the madcap for the fungoid. The benefit being that the fungoid is wayyyyy more durable and you might get extra cp + he can cast 2 spells once a game. The downside obviously is you don't have moonface mommet which is very very strong. But then again you can put that second artefact on another hero buffing them. I don't think that one is better than the other- depends what you want I'm your army.

10 hours ago, GlitzFan said:

@JohnyKabanos your list looks neat! I can't speak much for the spiders but as for your grots, you've picked very strong units. One thing to consider would be swapping the madcap for the fungoid. The benefit being that the fungoid is wayyyyy more durable and you might get extra cp + he can cast 2 spells once a game. The downside obviously is you don't have moonface mommet which is very very strong. But then again you can put that second artefact on another hero buffing them. I don't think that one is better than the other- depends what you want I'm your army.

I agree with you. The main reason I use madcap in this list is because nothing, except heroes, has rent and moonface mommet helps with that. On the other hand I get so many mortal wounds that maybe i dont need rent. I'm gonna  playtest fungoid for sure.

Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Vindictive Glare
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
Loonboss (70)
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (300)
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields

Units
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
Malevolent Moon (50)
Prismatic Palisade (30)
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 190

Usually run Mangler Loonboss but thought the webspinner on spider fits better with the magic/endless spell theme while still being a relatively killy hero. Plus it’s another source of -1 to hit. That do we think to the list? Lots of CPs, lots of magic damage and lots of Grots to screen/ dish out loads of attacks with the Sporeslatta combo. 

Edited by Matt Large

played a couple round using mostly troggoths and like most people are saying the amount of bodies lacking is noticeable. Here is an updated to a Themed troggoth army that has some big punches but also has some bodies to camp objectives and such. Can I get some feedback if possible.

Leaders
Dankhold Troggboss (300)
- General
- Trait: Tough as Rocks
- Artefact: Glowy Howzit
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance

Battleline
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (160)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (160)
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (320)
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (320)

Units
24 x Squig Herd (280)
24 x Squig Herd (280)

Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 188

The idea is to have the felwaters stick around the squig herds to give them the extra punch they need to kill whatever decides to go after them while the 2 death star units of rockguts run around and kill stuff taking objectives. The troggboss stays in the middle supporting where he's needed but only attacking things he can win, trying not to get bogged down. The shamans are there to hopefully generate CP for battleshock tests and casting their spells.  

Hey, all, I was looking at doing this for myself and wanted to see if anyone else wanted me to do a write up on what I think an ideal Loonshrine deployment would look like based on battleplan.

Attached is Battle for the Pass with a perfect Loonshrine setup with the 12" battle-shock bubble overlayed with the 6" range from the objectives. Deploying a little off center of the objectives will allow a little over 2" buffer with the shrine.  This setup does not take into account terrain or some tournament rules of terrain pieces not being allowed within 1" of an objective.

I want to start a discussion on optimal Loonshrine placement and what others are doing to optimize the 12" battle-shock bubble and unit replacement.

gloomspite_loonshrine_deploymentArtboard-1.png

• Like 5

Random thought:

If i have a Skulkmob horde, can i add Loonsmasha Fanatics that are not part of the battalion to a unit of stabbas inside the battalion?

lets say the battalion consists of: 40xstabbas,40xstabbas,20xstabbas,5xLoonsmashas,5xSporesplattas x2. Can i then add more Loonsmashas to the two units that don´t hide the one from the battalion?

/Cheers Rangeltoft