AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

Sadly no.  All spells in the game are subject to the once per turn restriction regardless of how a model gets access to that spell.

If wizards could cast their personal spells once per wizard I would take a bunch of madcap Shaman.  But it would get problematic with other wizards in the game such as some of the death wizards, troggoth hag, etc.

No worries for asking.  It is a perfectly valid question.

I also think that this restriction was introduced in GH1 and stated that the restriction was a matched play restriction. Back then it was perfectly fine to cast multiples of the same spell in open play.

I think in AOS2 they moved this rule from the GH to the core rules. Meaning even in open play your only suppose to cast 1 spell of the same name a turn. Here is the rule on pg8 of the core rules.

image.png.9c2c16a0758180f2779fca55d07af7db.png

1 hour ago, svnvaldez said:

I also think that this restriction was introduced in GH1 and stated that the restriction was a matched play restriction. Back then it was perfectly fine to cast multiples of the same spell in open play.

I think in AOS2 they moved this rule from the GH to the core rules. Meaning even in open play your only suppose to cast 1 spell of the same name a turn. Here is the rule on pg8 of the core rules.

image.png.9c2c16a0758180f2779fca55d07af7db.png

Thanks for all the help. # best community

Question, why do big units even have a bravery stat? Like for example the Dankhold Troggboss, it has bravery 7 but in the decription, it even says 'is a single model' so it'd be impossible for him to run due to bravery!? I'm guessing it's for other abilities in the game that go off of the enemies bravery? Or is there a bigger reason? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, ItzMercy said:

Question, why do big units even have a bravery stat? Like for example the Dankhold Troggboss, it has bravery 7 but in the decription, it even says 'is a single model' so it'd be impossible for him to run due to bravery!? I'm guessing it's for other abilities in the game that go off of the enemies bravery? Or is there a bigger reason? Thanks!

Terrorgheist scream is d6+x it deals mortals based on how much it beats your bravery by.

4 hours ago, Matt Large said:

This has probably been discussed before but hopefully it’s relevant again since the books been out a little longer.... how do people rate their sporeslatta fanatics? 

Pure theory-crafting (I have not got to field them yet) I think they are a compelling addition to armies designed primarily around stabbas - especially for armies that include the Gobbapalooza.  They have a lot of potential utility.  If you just want a fanatic unit to do the traditional thing and bowling-ball into the enemy for max carnage then obviously the Loonsmasha are the better choice.  Sporesplatta are going to be useful for an added layer of protection for small vulnerable units such as heroes or gobbapalooza gits.  They also provide a nice +attack buff for all grots within proximity that stacks with the snuffler buff.  This means that they will want to hang out near your grot units and with positioning they can provide some area protection as highly dangerous buffing chaff that guards the flanks of your fighting grot units while also protecting buff characters.

To me a lot of their potential comes from on-table tactical use rather than great stats and that is simply a tough thing to accurately evaluate without using them.  They strike me as a sort of finesse utility piece.  Some people will probably unlock them and get great results and other people might find that they simply don't fit their playstyle.

• Like 1

As I'm finishing my squigalanche, I've been wondering what would make good Allies with a bunch of squiggly beasts.
Troggoths: Hard hitting, durable, and everything a squig isn't (generally). Also Troggboss makes troggs battleline which leaves room for more bounders! 

Spiderfang: Like a more specialized squig. Ignores terrain and deals in MW rather than a bunch of attacks like squigs. Seems to require a lot of support via heroes? 

Grots, Fanatics & etc.: Probably stronger than straight squigs, but boring. Relies on basically one tactic to flood the board with fanatics. Not the biggest fan.

What do you guys think? Where ought I branch off? Leaning towards Troggoths tbh but I'm not sure yet. 

10 minutes ago, RaritanAnon said:

As I'm finishing my squigalanche, I've been wondering what would make good Allies with a bunch of squiggly beasts.
Troggoths: Hard hitting, durable, and everything a squig isn't (generally). Also Troggboss makes troggs battleline which leaves room for more bounders! 

Spiderfang: Like a more specialized squig. Ignores terrain and deals in MW rather than a bunch of attacks like squigs. Seems to require a lot of support via heroes? 

Grots, Fanatics & etc.: Probably stronger than straight squigs, but boring. Relies on basically one tactic to flood the board with fanatics. Not the biggest fan.

What do you guys think? Where ought I branch off? Leaning towards Troggoths tbh but I'm not sure yet. 

I would probably tried Sneaky Snufflers, their are not combat unit but their buff synergizes well with Squig units. Also probably a spellcaster since squigalanche does have onen, Skargrott is a good option if you want to use the battalions special ability with some reliability.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I would probably tried Sneaky Snufflers, their are not combat unit but their buff synergizes well with Squig units. Also probably a spellcaster since squigalanche does have onen, Skargrott is a good option if you want to use the battalions special ability with some reliability.

Speaking of Sneaky Snufflers, @Skeekrit they work with the stupid prodder. Grab 5 units of 6 for 350 points and have them follow him round for a gattling cannon 🤣

EDIT: 

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Loonboss (70)
- Artefact: Spiteful Prodder 

Battleline
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
20 x Stabbas (130)
20 x Stabbas (130)

Units
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)

Total: 1860 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 305

Pick a unit within 18" and roll 20 dice, any 5+ inflict d3 mortals hahahahaha. Goodbye sequitors.

Edited by Malakree
  • Haha 3

Hey, this is probably in the wrong place, but its the only forum I use :P Is there any rules about having too many points, like say we're playing a 2000 points game and I have 2030 points, what happens? Is there a handicap I would get? And if it is allowed to go over, what's the maximum points you would be able to go over? Asking because I want to fit another unit of Boingrots in but 30 point short! Thanks!

5 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

Hello! Do people have the base size for the endless spell umbral portal? This is off topic but y’all are always super helpful and I’d like to convert as it’s the only endless spell I want (already have the book as well)

Mine is almost exactly 1.5in in diameter (38.1mm). Its the base GW sent me. Just put it on a 40mm (1.5748in) base imo.

Edited by svnvaldez

1 minute ago, svnvaldez said:

Mine is almost exactly 1.5in in diameter (38.1mm). Its the base GW sent me. Just put it on a 40mm base imo.

Thank you! I apologize in advance for all the grots I might snipe with heavy caster lists and a 9 inches bonus range plus portal... also I apologize for any hordes that lose statistically 50 percent models just cuz the Gaunt summoner rolled average...  😢

really tho y’all are actually my favourite thread and I don’t even play gloomspite, I just like studying everyone’s rules to better combat them haha love y’all 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

Thank you! I apologize in advance for all the grots I might snipe with heavy caster lists and a 9 inches bonus range plus portal... also I apologize for any hordes that lose statistically 50 percent models just cuz the Gaunt summoner rolled average...  😢

really tho y’all are actually my favourite thread and I don’t even play gloomspite, I just like studying everyone’s rules to better combat them haha love y’all 

Good thing my Squig herds all have 2 wounds each so they won’t lose too many models before they eat your entire army.  

In addition, I make no apologies for feeding my squigs as I am a responsible pet owner.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Good thing my Squig herds all have 2 wounds each so they won’t lose too many models before they eat your entire army.  

In addition, I make no apologies for feeding my squigs as I am a responsible pet owner.

If I do 6 plus wounds it’ll be worth it 😆 battle shock will do the rest since no heroes will survive that first volley of spells 😘 hope your squigs like tzeentchian fire 

6 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

If I do 6 plus wounds it’ll be worth it 😆 battle shock will do the rest since no heroes will survive that first volley of spells 😘 hope your squigs like tzeentchian fire 

Thats okay man...fire + squigs = fungal bacon..which im sure the Troggoths enjoy. Good luck blowing up all those Rockguts and Dankholds lol

1 hour ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

Well, any that run off will just eat you before they go.  But enough of them will be immune to battleshock due to the giant Loonshrine nearby.  Also, my dad can beat up your dad - so there!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ItzMercy said:

Hey, this is probably in the wrong place, but its the only forum I use :P Is there any rules about having too many points, like say we're playing a 2000 points game and I have 2030 points, what happens? Is there a handicap I would get? And if it is allowed to go over, what's the maximum points you would be able to go over? Asking because I want to fit another unit of Boingrots in but 30 point short! Thanks!

You can’t go over the set points, it’s the maximum limit.

12 hours ago, ItzMercy said:

The points are a hard limit.  Your list would be illegal, full stop.

Edited by mikethefish

Here is my Rogue Idol-themed list that I am working towards.  Trying to get something that is pretty solid.  My thought was a solid core of dudespam, backed up with some synergy and the big guy as a focus.  He gives bravery and/or magic support to pretty much everything in the list.

Fungoid Shaman (general)

Madcap

Loonboss on foot x2

60 Stabbas (spears)

60 Stabbas (swords)

12 Cave Squigs

Sneaky Snufflers

5 Fanatics

5 Fanatics

Rogue Idol

Mighty Mushroom

• Like 1

@mikethefish

Because of the massive amount of cps generated and the battleshock immunity from the shrine I'm not sure bravery is that much of an issue for the gitz, it's still nice but not key.

Are those sporesplattas or loonsmashas?

Since playing against it at heat 1 I'm really in favour of the 24 squig herd block, in for a penny in for a pound. I think 12 is to many for cheap battleline and not enough for a really killy unit. Especially when you consider that the sneaky snufflers can give their buff to the squig herd. 4+/3+/-1/1 Is way better than 5+/2+/-/1.