AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

You are arguing that they are gonna change the Troggoth keyword, the name of the Regeneration ability and the Krew Drummer ability because both new Troggoths interacts in another faction as allies. Meanwhile, Order and Chaos have coalition units, marks or other things more powerful and it is fine.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

You are arguing that they are gonna change the Troggoth keyword, the name of the Regeneration ability and the Krew Drummer ability because both new Troggoths interacts as allies. Meanwhile, Order and Chaos have coalition units, marks or other things more powerful and it is fine.

Who is saying that? All they have to do is change the +1 to hit aura to the Orruk keyword in the ability description. And some of us doubt it because GW has been chaotic on its decisions. Ask Sylvaneth about their Wildwoods. If I'm wrong I'll eat crow but if something seems to good to be true it probably is. They made it perfectly clear Gitz are supposed to suffer from keyword bingo and suddenly we get this?

• Like 2

Just now, ShaneHobbes said:

Who is saying that? All they have to do is change the +1 to hit aura to the Orruk keyword in the ability description. And some of us doubt it because GW has been chaotic on its decisions. Ask Sylvaneth about their Wildwoods. If I'm wrong I'll eat crow but if something seems to good to be true it probably is. They made it perfectly clear Gitz are supposed to suffer from keyword bingo and suddenly we get this?

The ability refers two times to friendly units. It is not a casual mistake.

Sylvaneth was ****** a few months ago and they get the flautist with a very easy crazy combo to do.

• Like 1

I"ll get the 2 new ally Troggoths for sure. It will be fun playing some new troggoths just because i can. As a bonus i can also run them along gordrakk and some orruks. I like that they are giving destruction some more options. The release of Kragnos also shows that they intend to mix things up imo.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The ability refers two times to friendly units. It is not a casual mistake.

I'm not sure casual is the right word. It's an easy enough oversight for sure and saying it twice is just as easy as saying it once if that's how you are writing the rule.

However, I think that it's probably not a mistake, just not intentionally should be able to buff everything under the sun!

On 9/14/2021 at 5:34 PM, Charlo said:

I'm not sure casual is the right word. It's an easy enough oversight for sure and saying it twice is just as easy as saying it once if that's how you are writing the rule.

However, I think that it's probably not a mistake, just not intentionally should be able to buff everything under the sun!

When you are creating Troggoth units and have a faction that would like to ally Troggoth units in, I think it seems very likely that they have created this interaction on purpose.

I think the only mistake on him is not having the Kruleboyz keyword.

Did anyone catch in the new app yesterday when building a gitz list, where you would choose your grand strategy it made you CHOOSE one of the bad moon benefits? I hope this is NOT the direction they are going in an upcoming FAQ because gitz struggle enough as it is, especially for a random allegiance ability that potentially could never come into play, going from 5 to 1 is horrible and absurd.

Unless, they are re-working the book similar to Orruk Warclans into 4 factions but have something like Big Waaghh where they can be used together and in that sense they would retain their bad moon abilities. But that would also mean the little sub factions would get more little abilities of their own, like how when you take just ironjawz.

Today however, after I download the updated version of the app, this is gone, I should have screen shot it. That's what makes me think a new battletome is on the way, like they added this prematurely. 

4 minutes ago, r0olz said:

Did anyone catch in the new app yesterday when building a gitz list, where you would choose your grand strategy it made you CHOOSE one of the bad moon benefits? I hope this is NOT the direction they are going in an upcoming FAQ because gitz struggle enough as it is, especially for a random allegiance ability that potentially could never come into play, going from 5 to 1 is horrible and absurd.

Unless, they are re-working the book similar to Orruk Warclans into 4 factions but have something like Big Waaghh where they can be used together and in that sense they would retain their bad moon abilities. But that would also mean the little sub factions would get more little abilities of their own, like how when you take just ironjawz.

Today however, after I download the updated version of the app, this is gone, I should have screen shot it. That's what makes me think a new battletome is on the way, like they added this prematurely. 

I would not read to much into the app. The thing is, the configuration with dozens of options that depend on other things is not easy. The guys that are setting up the list builder for all the battletomes will make many mistakes and implement some thing in wrong ways. Occam's razor makes this much more likely then the app developers having access to the new battletome and implementing that one already.

Haven't been too impressed with the Bounderz recently so here's a list I'm toying around with that really leans into hoppers for the MW output. General strategy is to just fly around the board as much as possible capturing objectives and dropping bombs - hopefully getting some assists from the doomshroom and malevolent moon. Let me know what you guys think!

Might try to find some room for Dobbie but we'll see.

Untitled.png

12 hours ago, swearwolves said:

Haven't been too impressed with the Bounderz recently so here's a list I'm toying around with that really leans into hoppers for the MW output. General strategy is to just fly around the board as much as possible capturing objectives and dropping bombs - hopefully getting some assists from the doomshroom and malevolent moon. Let me know what you guys think!

Might try to find some room for Dobbie but we'll see.

Untitled.png

Drop 10 hoppers for dobbie. Well worth it and the 18" range will cover the manglers 

• Like 1

So it seems like now that things are opening up a bit here I'll finally be able to go to an event! (Red harvest GT). I think I'm gonna bring spiderfang, play a bunch of aos, and get completely bodied (the Vice is one of the battleplans).

Been brainstorming some lists, not sure if I want to bring some Troggoths or not (they have different bases which would break the theme unless I paint up some Ice Troggoths)

Current List:

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Option: Grimscuttle Tribes
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (295)*
- General
- Command Trait: Prophet of da Spider God
- Artefact: Shyishan Spider-sigils
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Scuttling Terrors
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (295)**
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Scuttleboss on Gigantic Spider (105)*
- Artefact: Totem of the Spider God
Webspinner Shaman (85)**
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Gift of da Spider God
Webspinner Shaman (85)*
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)**
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance

Battleline
5 x Spider Riders (100)*
5 x Spider Riders (100)**
5 x Spider Riders (100)***
5 x Spider Riders (100)

Behemoths
Arachnarok Spider with Flinger (230)

Endless Spells & Invocations
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)
Soulsnare Shackles (65)
Scuttletide (85)

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Warlord
***Hunters of the Heartlands

Additional Enhancements
Artefact
Artefact

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 120
Drops: 13

I really want that double enhancement so I can get an amulet of Destiny and the totem, Itchy nuisance on the fungoid will be useful so I can combo charge things if I need to, and flaming weapon actually works on mount attacks, so I can use it on the arachnarok's leg attacks for a significant damage boost.
Thoughts? Suggestions? 

1 minute ago, Green-knight said:

What are peoples thoughts on running 2 fungoid Sharman vs 1 Fungoid & 1 Mad-Cap Sharman? 

I’m leaning towards the 2 Fungoid due to the extra abilities, but is there much difference between the two options?

Madcap's warscroll spell is arguably more useful, but if you have a spare artefact he's the only one that can take moonface mommet which is one of our best artifacts (tags enemy units for -1 on their save rolls)

14 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Love the house. Looks very old school goblin-y, like Bakshi Lord of the Rings or Labyrinth, Are you making an entire display board of that?

yeah I will be. Its actually based on the Goblin town in Labyrinth. There is a load of them, these are just the smaller ones that are painted. I have some floor tiles on the go also.

I used them in a DOK game last night and look good. Only 1 in the pick. I am hoping to have another for SagaofDice recording on Tuesday 

How do we feel about the Kruleboyz killbow?

I've been brainstorming spiderfang lists and it seems like a good fit for the army, it does lose the mortals, but its rend 2 and can take big chunks out of megas which is something we struggle with. They're not too pricy at 130 points each either.

28 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

How do we feel about the Kruleboyz killbow?

I've been brainstorming spiderfang lists and it seems like a good fit for the army, it does lose the mortals, but its rend 2 and can take big chunks out of megas which is something we struggle with. They're not too pricy at 130 points each either.

I think they are pretty good. Sadly I could only get 1 as I would always take a Dobbie for +1 to hit in combat Bubble. For 150pts its a no brainer for Gitz I feel atm

The Bolt thrower does look tastey. It can really help vs some big monsters and yeah gives us a little tool vs Sons. I might add one also 

1 minute ago, Chumphammer said:

I think they are pretty good. Sadly I could only get 1 as I would always take a Dobbie for +1 to hit in combat Bubble. For 150pts its a no brainer for Gitz I feel atm

The Bolt thrower does look tastey. It can really help vs some big monsters and yeah gives us a little tool vs Sons. I might add one also 

In a spiderfang list the sloggoth is less of an auto include, but can still be useful depending on your build, since it provides minimal benefit to spider riders, but can be useful for arachnaroks and any troggoths you bring along.

• Like 1