AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

18 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

And another White Dwarf for us... I'm very worried if it implies a non-appearance during the Broken Realms campaign.

Don't forget that basic Grots do not have a sub-faction.  There's still hope that Skragrott perhaps will get sub-faction rules in Broken Realms.  I'm sure Gordrak will have some use for them in the Waaagh to end all Waaaghs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Don't forget that basic Grots do not have a sub-faction.  There's still hope that Skragrott perhaps will get sub-faction rules in Broken Realms.  I'm sure Gordrak will have some use for them in the Waaagh to end all Waaaghs.

I'm not sure if Gordrakk is using Skragrott or Skragrott is using Gordrakk... who knows...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

And another White Dwarf for us... I'm very worried if it implies a non-appearance during the Broken Realms campaign.

There's still moonclan left, although I was kind of hoping another clan would've got a chance in the spotlight.

I just hope we don't miss out on some warscroll rewrites.

7 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I'm not sure if Gordrakk is using Skragrott or Skragrott is using Gordrakk... who knows...

They may not even be the same book either depending on how they line up the armies in each book. they both operate in different realms too

Though I think common consensus is that Gordrakk is the most likely to get the heading for the Broken realm book for destruction then Skargrott. Of course those are the two only named character in the whole GA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, novakai said:

They may not even be the same book either depending on how they line up the armies in each book. they both operate in different realms too

Though I think common consensus is that Gordrakk is the most likely to get the heading for the Broken realm book for destruction then Skargrott. Of course those are the two only named character in the whole GA.

Skragrott can leave his realm, but it is a stretch. He is based in Chamon, Gordrakk in Ghur. There is some precedent with the Gloomspite book where his Grots travel all the way to Aqshy to sabotage Hammerhal's water supply though. Gordrakk is the BBEG of Destruction though, there is no way he isn't the main event (unless they introduce a new named character).

I think if Skragrott shows up, it won't be a planned major event thing like Morathi's machinations or Gordrakk beating down the gates of Azyr. He isn't really a big demi-god who is a mover and shaker, he is just an uppity (and powerful) shaman who schemes things on the side. It's more likely that the main event of the book is some battle between Chaos/Destruction and Order, then Skragrott or the Skaven appear from under them.

Edit: I just remembered that the original Gloomspite trailer implies that Skragrott wanders the realms a lot. Based in Skrappa's Spill in Chamon, but he wanders wherever the moon goes. It's not too far-fetched that he wandered into Ghur to joing Gordrakk.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Skragrott can leave his realm, but it is a stretch. He is based in Chamon, Gordrakk in Ghur. There is some precedent with the Gloomspite book where his Grots travel all the way to Aqshy to sabotage Hammerhal's water supply though. Gordrakk is the BBEG of Destruction though, there is no way he isn't the main event (unless they introduce a new named character).

I think if Skragrott shows up, it won't be a planned major event thing like Morathi's machinations or Gordrakk beating down the gates of Azyr. He isn't really a big demi-god who is a mover and shaker, he is just an uppity (and powerful) shaman who schemes things on the side. It's more likely that the main event of the book is some battle between Chaos/Destruction and Order, then Skragrott or the Skaven appear from under them.

Edit: I just remembered that the original Gloomspite trailer implies that Skragrott wanders the realms a lot. Based in Skrappa's Spill in Chamon, but he wanders wherever the moon goes. It's not too far-fetched that he wandered into Ghur to joing Gordrakk.

yeah all that needs to happen is if the loons in his Fungal asylum say "Da Badmoon is going to Ghur or Excelsis" and Skagrott probably has to sent his Scrap in that direction

• Like 2

I kind of hope we see an "avatar of Mork" after the siege of Excelsis, we need a kunnin alternative to Gordrakk and the siege probably won't go cleanly. I kind of expect a Tzeentch cult or some skaven to pop out mid siege, along with the bad moon causing all sorts of insanity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I want to see Snotlings make a come-back, with new sculpts.  They are to Mork what Nurglings are to Nurgle.  Today Bloodbowl, tomorrow the Realms!

aren't those mini grots on some of the Gloomspite model considered to be Snotlings?

i would like a Snotling pump wagon to come back or a wacky one off Underworld warband of them .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, novakai said:

aren't those mini grots on some of the Gloomspite model considered to be Snotlings?

i would like a Snotling pump wagon to come back or a wacky one off Underworld warband of them .

Would love to field my old Pump Wagon again! I will probably buy the Bloodbowl team anyway just for the models.

17 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

There's still moonclan left, although I was kind of hoping another clan would've got a chance in the spotlight.

I just hope we don't miss out on some warscroll rewrites.

I wouldn’t be surprised if GW did consider the white dwarf stuff as Gloomspite’s “new rules” for broken realms (as the event has started).

But knowing they will desperately want you to buy a broken realm book, I can guarantee there will be some token rule included in what looks like a more Orruk themed story.

I mean with 5 armies per book, I can’t really see them skipping any particular armies when there like seven months Until the new edition and with potentially 4+ Books remaining. your just more hoping you get stuff like what SCE or IDK get then what STD and Cities got in terms of quality content

granted 3 tome celestial is quite generous for Gitz army as a whole, where other armies could have also used it.

There were very few armies performing worse than gitz.

They have been due some attention for ages, it just depends on whether we get meaningful changes before the next edition... which is highly doubtful with all these tomb celestials (as cool as they are).

Edited by C0deb1ue

Eh those tome are actually pretty meaningful changes in comparison to what some of the Broken realm content are ( outside of what IDK and DoK). Jaws of Mork is actually strong just has bad match ups

the only really big change that can help Gitz is redo how the Da Bad moon work or lessen the keyword bingo

• Like 1

I guess Jaws of Mork tries do undo a bit of the "fun" mechanics (read poor design) of squig movement but it still taxes you with a terrible artifact and command trait. 

The army needs a bunch of the "not fun" mechanics made less random, without having to use a battalion to fix it.

The allegiance ability needs to be re-done  but at least the loonshrine can now work a bit better.

They need to rethink either the stats or costs of some of our units as you get too few, with terrible bravery and/or survivability

They need to make list-building better by not connecting all the bonuses to the keyword bingo. There should be in-between bonuses for mixing subfactions or battalions that incorporate these sorts of ideas.

These battalions are superficial paint-jobs for an army that has been non-competitive (if that matters to you) and hard to play for the majority of it's existence. There isn't even a strong build - just some average results with endless spells (pre-nerf) and mega-grot spam.  

• Like 1

If I were to fix some of the original Gitz rules, I would make the moon move once per turn, meaning Skragrott is still useful to boost or stop it. This would simply let us know where our rules are running off to. I know it's meant to be erratic, but if we're being realistic, it's a whole moon shining on a tiny battlefield; we can see it XD

I would change Sneaky Snufflers to affect all Gitz units; they'd be flying off the shelf if they made this change. It would benefit everyone, while not breaking the balance. I know Dankholds would potentially be viable if you could boost their attacks to 12 d6 attacks and 6 grips.

I think the Tome Celestials have addressed many of the other problems, so those two would be my ideas for rules rewrites.

Other than that, it'd be a few points changes but nothing major.

21 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

with terrible bravery

I would never address an inherent defining weakness as a problem that needs to be fixed; we've seen narrative dissonance with things like Nurgle's speed or DoK's durability, they're harmful for the game as a whole. As it is, we can deal with bravery issues with CP. Sure, that's a clunky way of doing it, but we're talking about goblins and trolls here, their weakness is their lack of bravery, or in the case of trolls, intelligence.

• Like 2

it was more poor bravery + low survivability + not the numbers needed. Thats too many things working against you with no positive to make up for it.

I wouldn't recommend changing the bravery stat, but there just needs to be a better compensation than spending all your CP to make your army not run and still being low in numbers and easy to kill (especially our characters)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if GW did consider the white dwarf stuff as Gloomspite’s “new rules” for broken realms (as the event has started).

But knowing they will desperately want you to buy a broken realm book, I can guarantee there will be some token rule included in what looks like a more Orruk themed story.

Yeah thats exactly what I'm expecting, gitz are gonna be there because the bad moon will settle over whatever is happening. We'll see a moonclan or skragrott themed subfaction and a couple of warscroll rewrites for the stuff that really needs it, which I'm completely fine with. Gobbapalooza and Dankhold rewrites are now at the top of the list of things I want gitz to get since I want those units to not be a detriment.

Well point wise most unit in Gitz is where it should be with the exception of regular mangler, Dankhold, and some of the A rok. 

what hurt was probably the keyword bingo on buff but I think balance wise they probably only loosen it sightly judging by newer books. Some of the stuff going from buffing Grots to moonclan is probably more realistic.

people already complain about battleshick being ineffective so I don’t see them really lessening up that weakness unless the gave us Skaven levels of battleshock immunity or bravery horde buff

Allegiance ability I would have done the warclans way and had moonclan, spiderfang, and Gloomspite be all three different allegiance as to give options for more focus builds and just have Gloomspite stay the same as the one for people who wanted to mix.