AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

Hi Guys, 

need your advice here. I am, like maybe a lot of us, an impulse buyer. Found a great deal on Ebay before gloomspite: a s**t-ton of spider riders, gloomspite release, looncurse release...

Now I have a few models, I can't realy see how to use them, or if they benefit from each other in a list. Or should I concentrate on one specific aspect of the gitz.

1x Arok (with Sham)

40x Spider Riders

1x (converted) Scuttleboss

1x Skragrot

1x Foot Looni

1x Looni on Giant Cave Squig

24x Squig Herds

10x Boingrot

6x Sneaky Snufflers

1x Gitz Endless Spells

I love the aesthetics of the whole faction and sooner or later I might buy every model in the line. But I am kinda overwhelmed with how to start using them (especially Skragrot) effectively.

Cheers and thanks.

14 hours ago, Keilerei said:

Now I have a few models, I can't realy see how to use them, or if they benefit from each other in a list. Or should I concentrate on one specific aspect of the gitz.

No need to concentrate on a single aspect, pieces like an Arachnarok are very useful in any list really.

Technically you do have a legal army, because  you can split out the Squigs and make a Moonclan Leader your General, or split out the Spiders and make the Arachnarok your General.  Realistically you will want some Stabbas eventually, partly because they're really good, partly because they are Battleline with every General (so you can keep some big blocks of your other units in place).

The main synergies you have in that list currently are that the A-Rok can cast his spell on himself or the other spiders and make them a lot more deadly.  You can double down on this by taking an artefact on him that makes the Mortal Wounds pop on a 5+, or make your Scuttleboss general and turn him into a little hand grenade with the Monstrous Mount Command Trait (doubles up with the A-Rok spell).

The Loonboss on Foot has a really good Command Ability to use on Stabbas, and likewise the Snufflers are good on them, so that would be another way your army can potentially support each other (and another reason to invest in some Stabbas).

As for Skraggy, it's hard to use him badly, other than by flinging him into combat (don't do that).  His hand cannon has really good range and makes enemies bleed out over a few turns.  His Warscroll spell is excellent, especially if you cast Arachnacauldron first.  And he will hopefully generate a lot of CPs for you.  I like to invest in Arachnacauldron as early as possible with him or the A-Rok, personally.

Hola from Spain! I've made a Moonclan 2000 pts list that I want to share with you, to see if you would change something or if you think that the list is viable

Leaders
Skragrott, the Loonking
 (220)
- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: Call da Moon

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
- Artefact: Lunestone Talisman

Fungoid Cave Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork

Units
12 x Squig Herd
 (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)
1 x Dankhold Troggoth (220)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (160)
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (160)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields (4 barbed nets, 1 badmoon icon bearer)

Behemoths
Mangler Squigs
 (240)

Total: 2000
Wounds: 167

Judging by the other changes they seem more interested in internal balance rather than army to army balance. They talk a lot about diversifying the number of competitive choices. Gloomspite is already pretty good for this, but I  wouldn't be surprised if they increased the cost of the fungoid, bounders and maybe even grots while decreasing spider riders, arachnaroks (non-shaman) and both dankholds. Based on what they've written, I think it's not about perfect balance and more about shaking up the net lists.

1 hour ago, Bolgan said:

Judging by the other changes they seem more interested in internal balance rather than army to army balance. They talk a lot about diversifying the number of competitive choices. Gloomspite is already pretty good for this, but I  wouldn't be surprised if they increased the cost of the fungoid, bounders and maybe even grots while decreasing spider riders, arachnaroks (non-shaman) and both dankholds. Based on what they've written, I think it's not about perfect balance and more about shaking up the net lists.

I don’t think Gitz are doing well enough to warrant point increase to begin with none of those unit are abusive or overpowered. I be surprise if we get any point increase. Bounders where the only unit that may have been under costed at launch, but squig armies are not that strong and nothing really warrants them to go up right now.

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

I don’t think Gitz are doing well enough to warrant point increase to begin with none of those unit are abusive or overpowered. I be surprise if we get any point increase. Bounders where the only unit that may have been under costed at launch, but squig armies are not that strong and nothing really warrants them to go up right now.

Fungoid will go up, everything else will stay the same or drop.

9 hours ago, Malakree said:

Looking at the fact they seem to be doing +/-20 I'd say rockguts and fellwaters dropping to 140 is probably reasonable...

Maaaan ill be pooping shrooms if they go down to 140. Poor Brutes though...and for sure theres no way the Fungoid doesnt go up. If some squig related stuff drops and troggs drop a bit ill be happy

Hey all, was wondering if you could take a look at a list I've cobbled the miniatures together for...I know mass gitz is our power play but I find them so dull so I'm looking for an ok list a 3-2/4-1 event list if played well.

Leaders
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure, mommet

Battleline
24 x Squig Herd (280)
24 x Squig Herd (280)
24 x Squig Herd (280)

Units
6 x Fellwater Troggoths (320)
6 x Fellwater Troggoths (320)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Malevolent Moon (50)
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Wounds: 206

Now it's 1960 because I'm hopeful we get a slight drop in points and I might fit in the purple sun (going to 50pts) 

Options I have are hoppers and boingrots but I wanted to take some of the random elements away, I could drop a unit of troggs for a mangler boss and switch him to general.

I have a knack of picking poop lists and thinking they look good so was just hoping for some input before I paint it up. Thank you

Edited by Lardidar
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lardidar said:

Hey all, was wondering if you could take a look at a list I've cobbled the miniatures together for...I know mass gitz is our power play but I find them so dull so I'm looking for an ok list a 3-2/4-1 event list if played well.

I think its a list that you can go low 2-3 to high 4-1. If a buddy of mine wanted to run that I would say go for it... should be fun and not bad. For a 80 point swap you can get 1 unit of 60 grots in there which is clearly a good choice but you will be fine with the above imo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Malakree said:

Fungoid will go up, everything else will stay the same or drop.

Ya, fungoid is probably the most likely increase.

5 hours ago, novakai said:

That's what I thought too, but then my dispossessed warriors went up 10 points, because... I dunno. Haha.

They may have seriously overhauled the dispossessed allegiance in the book and that may warrant the slight increase.  I am pretty sure that Dispossessed was listed as one of the couple allegiances with a large allegiance overhaul in a previous community article.  The point adjustment article is just a teaser.  We will have the full picture next Saturday when the book releases.

3 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

They may have seriously overhauled the dispossessed allegiance in the book and that may warrant the slight increase.  I am pretty sure that Dispossessed was listed as one of the couple allegiances with a large allegiance overhaul in a previous community article.  The point adjustment article is just a teaser.  We will have the full picture next Saturday when the book releases.

well sadly, early preview suggests that Dispossessed allegiance abilities are just a copy paste from last year. from what I can tell only Ironjawz and Seraphon got updates like Spell lore and reworked battalions.

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

well sadly, early preview suggests that Dispossessed allegiance abilities are just a copy paste from last year. from what I can tell only Ironjawz and Seraphon got updates like Spell lore and reworked battalions.

Well not a big deal then.  The only real use for a Dwarf is to scalp their beards to make belts or capes anyways.  And to feed the rest to the squigs of course.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 1

Hey everyone, noticed I own a massive amount of squigs so I wanted to try a squig based list. How does this look? 

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Destruction - Gloomspite Gitz) [1,950pts] ++

+ Leader +

Skragrott, the Loonking [220pts]

+ Battleline +

Stabbas [130pts]: 20 Stabbas

+ Battalion +

Super Battalion: Squigalanche [1,600pts]
. Battalion: Squig Rider Stampede
. . Boingrot Bounders: 3x 5 Boingrot Bounderz
. . Boingrot Bounders: 3x 5 Boingrot Bounderz
. Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig: General - Loonboss with Squig
. Mangler Squigs
. Squig Herd: 3x 5 Squigs & Squig Herder
. Squig Herd: 3x 5 Squigs & Squig Herder

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
. Gloomspite Gitz

++ Total: [1,950pts] ++

I'm debating adding in the malevolent maelstrom if the points drop is true as a 10pt  for unbinding bomb seems really good. 

56 minutes ago, Black_Nexus said:

If Gargants didn't fall over rolling doubles I would totally consider taking them

This has almost always been the case, it doesn't help that their profile hasn't aged well but that singular drawback hacks like 60+ points off their value on it's own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

This has almost always been the case, it doesn't help that their profile hasn't aged well but that singular drawback hacks like 60+ points off their value on it's own.

Pretty much yeah, the last time I used them aside from in silly games was the first GHB