AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

1 hour ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Also you have to buy the whole gobbappaloza :( i thought youd be able to buy maybe each one seperate not being forced to take all 5.

I mentioned that in the general discussion topic. This may be a new box format to have "minor heroes/single model units". With both upsides and downsides. I imagine if they were all separate, GW would have slapped on a £15 on each making it £75 for the whole lot if they weren't all in one box . Plus it was probably cheaper for them to make them on 1-2 molds rather than 5 separate ones.

But yea on the downside if you just want 1 or 2, you either have to buy the whole set or buy second hand.

Or were you referring to "buying" as in Matched Play points? I which case, yea that is weird

Edited by kenshin620

I just checked the New Zealand GW store. The aleguzzler gargant warscroll has been updated as well. They cleaned up and clarified his rules for falling over. There is now a point of impact, and you don’t tip the model over. Pick a spot 3” from the gargant, inflict damage to everything in a 2” damage radius around that point. Oh and you roll off with opponent to determine the point of impact

2 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I just checked the New Zealand GW store. The aleguzzler gargant warscroll has been updated as well. They cleaned up and clarified his rules for falling over. There is now a point of impact, and you don’t tip the model over. Pick a spot 3” from the gargant, inflict damage to everything in a 2” damage radius around that point. Oh and you roll off with opponent to determine the point of impact

Sorry, I just posted exactly the same thing at the same time as you😉

26 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

I mentioned that in the general discussion topic. This may be a new box format to have "minor heroes/single model units". With both upsides and downsides. I imagine if they were all separate, GW would have slapped on a £15 on each making it £75 for the whole lot if they weren't all in one box . Plus it was probably cheaper for them to make them on 1-2 molds rather than 5 separate ones.

But yea on the downside if you just want 1 or 2, you either have to buy the whole set or buy second hand.

Or were you referring to "buying" as in Matched Play points? I which case, yea that is weird

Matched play pts wise i was referring to, i want to just run the shroommancer and boogleye

Right, I think I’m gonna go for the following as my starter rule of cool list:

Dankhold Trogboss

Fungoid Cave Shaman x2

6x Rockgut Troggoth

6x Fellwater Troggoth

40x Shootas sat next to the Shrine

Rogue Idol

Troggherd Batallion

Balewind

2k bang on. Would like Mollog in there but will have to wait. Will it be good? Probably not. Will it be big smashy things? Yep indeedy. 

Edited by 5kaven5lave

18 minutes ago, S133arcanite said:

Unfortunately the gargant is not as good as the BoC one.

It does seem odd the Headbutt attack is actually different. The BoC Gargant does a flat 6 damage when he is undamaged but is D6 for the aleguzzler. He still might be a decent "distraction carnifex" especially since you dont really need to babysit him unlike the chaos one which you could really use a hero next to them and possibly a wizard buff.

3 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Matched play pts wise i was referring to, i want to just run the shroommancer and boogleye

Maybe it's to prevent people from taking multiple ones of a particular member?  But come on it can't be that bad! Maybe if we spam email GW enough they'll change it!

• Like 1

Just now, kenshin620 said:

It does seem odd the Headbutt attack is actually different. The BoC Gargant does a flat 6 damage when he is undamaged but is D6 for the aleguzzler. He still might be a decent "distraction carnifex" especially since you dont really need to babysit him unlike the chaos one which you could really use a hero next to them and possibly a wizard buff.

Maybe it's to prevent people from taking multiple ones of a particular member?  But come on it can't be that bad! Maybe if we spam email GW enough they'll change it!

Well you cant really spam the 2 casters though as you cant cast the same spell twice, the brewgit is probably my least favourite rules wise, a loonboss can just down his redcap shroom to get reroll hits and wounds, chances are the brewgit wont be able to keep up after you let the squigs loose. The spiker is ok, rerolling 1's to wound for grots. Out of the 5 the Scaremonger, Shroomancer and Boggleye are the better ones. Im not saying its bad, its just annoying being forced to take all 5. They could of just made each one 50pts each and included a rule where you cant include more than one of the same type of goobapalooza unless you take all 5 first.

Why do armies cost so much points? AoS was originally advertised as a skirmish game, I get that. But why have all these stories and lore about massive army battles? I hate that i cant build a force i want cuz required battleline cost 1/4th of my list. 

40k just got a 10-40% cost reduction across almost every faction. AoS needs bigger armies...cuz i want more Squigs!

10 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Why do armies cost so much points? AoS was originally advertised as a skirmish game, I get that. But why have all these stories and lore about massive army battles? I hate that i cant build a force i want cuz required battleline cost 1/4th of my list. 

40k just got a 10-40% cost reduction across almost every faction. AoS needs bigger armies...cuz i want more Squigs!

It will come. That's how they will sell new models as AoS ages, by lowering point cost.

That said, you can play any size game you want as long as you find someone to play with. But for me, 2k worth of models is a long enough game. If they made models cheaper, I'd play 1500. 

2 hours ago, Imperial said:

No lol. Moonclan/Spiderfang dont have IJ in ally before 

Moonclan used to be an ironjawz ally, as did troggoths.

Losing them is a massive hit to the ironjawz. Especially with how much they relied on moonclan shamans for decent wizard options....just confirms my switch from them.

The troggboss is 300 but a dankhold trogg is 220 (1-3) at 10 wounds and no CA. Can definitely see a troggboss with some troggs as a solid option. Can't see you wouldn't want to take 20x20x20 grots with the moonshrine being free. Have the chaff soak up charges before coming back and controlling space/objectives.

Skragrott at 220 is a bit pricy. Fungoid up to 90 is a tad annoying.

Really hope the ironjawz not getting moonclan shamans is a mistake...

33 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Not sure about AoS at huge points, but warhammer in general tends to get a little unwieldy at massive games. 40k apocalypse for example was.....cool to look at but somewhat boring to actually play.

But I can foresee maybe GHB 2020 (2019 is too soon methinks) doing massive price drops just to incentivize people to buy more stuff. Or maybe AoS will get their own "Apocalypse" rules.

Edited by kenshin620

31 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Moonclan used to be an ironjawz ally, as did troggoths.

Losing them is a massive hit to the ironjawz. Especially with how much they relied on moonclan shamans for decent wizard options....just confirms my switch from them.

Maybe i'm wrong but i think he is right. Ironjawz and Moonclan have never been allies. Outside of the destrucion grand alliance at least

Edit: Seems that i'm wrong. Moonclan were allies of the Ironjawz but Ironjawz were not allies of the Moonclan...hmmm that's strange.

Edited by Mungrun
i was wrong

6 minutes ago, Mungrun said:

Maybe i'm wrong but i think he is right. Ironjawz and Moonclan have never been allies. Outside of the destrucion grand alliance at least

Ironjawz have had moonclan but not spiderfang.

Doesn't matter because I've just realised we can still ally units with the keywords as they still have them they just also have gloomspite gits.

2 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Why would you ever not want all of the goblin models?  I don't understand this concept - can someone explain it?