AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

5 minutes ago, Nickmoss90 said:

I can see this being a pain to play against. I like this army a lot.

The idea is for the Sham to cast Hand on the Hag to fling her giant ass to wherever you want to be a massive pain. Then she, hopefully, casts the cauldron, then casts her own spell against whoever you want to crush then spit on them. With -2 then the spells -1 it should melt pretty much anything. Then you can attempt to charge into your intended target. At a minimum the unit you cast Curse on has -1 to hit on all weapons. Now if you get the charge they will have -1 to hit for melee plus the -1 to hit for all....bringing her to -2 to hit in melee, 4+ unrendable, and can heal D6. 

Thats before you factor in Skragrott controlling the Moon on her. She can also kinda snipe wizards as well with her ability plus the debuffs to casting.

The rest of the list is just there to do stuff lol Rockguts to crack armor, Herds to sit on objectives. The Stabbas for sheer bodies with the surprise Fanatics. The Bounderz will melt whatever they charge into as well.

32 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

The idea is for the Sham to cast Hand on the Hag to fling her giant ass to wherever you want to be a massive pain. Then she, hopefully, casts the cauldron, then casts her own spell against whoever you want to crush then spit on them. With -2 then the spells -1 it should melt pretty much anything. Then you can attempt to charge into your intended target. At a minimum the unit you cast Curse on has -1 to hit on all weapons. Now if you get the charge they will have -1 to hit for melee plus the -1 to hit for all....bringing her to -2 to hit in melee, 4+ unrendable, and can heal D6. 

Thats before you factor in Skragrott controlling the Moon on her. She can also kinda snipe wizards as well with her ability plus the debuffs to casting.

The rest of the list is just there to do stuff lol Rockguts to crack armor, Herds to sit on objectives. The Stabbas for sheer bodies with the surprise Fanatics. The Bounderz will melt whatever they charge into as well.

Sounds really good I agree. You will have to let us know how you get on. 

I played a 730 points game at the weekend with skragrott as general, Mollog, two units of 5 boingrots and two units of squigs. The boingrots ran and charged with squig lure and hit like trucks. Turn two all enemy's were killed by the boingrots and Skragrott shooting and spell casts.

Can someone confirm if this is correct, it seems like a neat idea. 

If I am using the Squigalanche Battalion and the Bad Moon is affecting my units that means all my Squig Hoppers can retreat from battle if they are in one, hop over the enemy to do some damage, end outside of 3" but within 6" then in the combat phase I will be able to attack with my units before the opponent can attack those units since the opponent can't select their units to pile in from more than 3" away. So I would get to retreat, deal moving damage, and attack (before the opposing unit goes) all in the same turn. That seems fun.

23 minutes ago, Devan said:

If I am using the Squigalanche Battalion and the Bad Moon is affecting my units that means all my Squig Hoppers can retreat from battle if they are in one, hop over the enemy to do some damage, end outside of 3" but within 6" then in the combat phase I will be able to attack with my units before the opponent can attack those units since the opponent can't select their units to pile in from more than 3" away. So I would get to retreat, deal moving damage, and attack (before the opposing unit goes) all in the same turn. That seems fun.

Seems legal. Situational and really powerful when you can do it.

However depending on the bad moon is a bad idea. 

1 hour ago, Devan said:

Yep, those 6" pile in rules are amazing.  Skragrott essential though to have a chance of it ever working!

The problem I've found in building lists is that you have to take a Mangler Squig (without Loonboss) for the big batallion.  Realistically, you also have to take Skragrott if you want to have any benefit from your Allegiance Ability and the Batallion you are paying for.  So that's two expensive models who can't take an artefact.  So you are paying for 3 artefacts...but you end up struggling to fit in enough Heroes to actually take them.

Maybe someone has a good Squigalanche list that uses all 3 artefacts...I've usually ended up with bad artefacts on bad heroes, trying to squeeze every drop out of it in the lists I've designed.

Being pitched at 90 points, I guess there are a couple of different ways you could look at it:

- You could decide that it's cheap enough that the artefact is not priced in, so don't bother going through contortions to try and force it.  Just take Skragrott and the units you actually want.  Taking the 90 points as paying for the reduced drops and Batallion benefit (but not really for the artefact).

- You could decide that it's cheap enough that reliably using the Batallion bonus is not priced in, so forget about Skragrott and let the moon run wild.  If you get the 6" pile ins, it's a bonus.  Taking the 90 points as paying for the reduced drops and artefact (but not really for the Batallion benefit). 

Then put in another useful Hero who synergises with the Batallion and benefits significantly from an Artefact: like maybe another Mangler Boss :D

Personally I've not come up with a Squigalanche list I'm really happy with.  Interested to see what other people are looking at?

Edited by PlasticCraic

Following on from my question the other day regarding modular Manglers; today I finished the sub assemblies and it looks like it wouldn't be too difficult to magnetise the Loonboss. Part of its robe forms a cavity which sits snug to one of the squig's spikes, if I cut the spike off I should be able to glue a magnet there with it's twin in the boss' robe. Not sure what I would do to cover the bare magnet if I was using the model as a regular Mangler though.

I'm also not looking forward to trying to pack the model for transport, random fiddly bits sticking out all around. I have the large GW case with the squiggly foam, not sure how easy it will be to accommodate the Mangler.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Malakithe said:

But she can only cast one spell and the cauldron doesn’t give her an extra one even when cast successfully unlike the balewind vortex.

23 hours ago, kreggurree said:

I've been wondering if the the Dankhold Troggoth could be converted into a Troggot Shaman to be a count as Hag. Any one else had thoughts for alternatives to the Hag model?

I think it all depends on how good you’re at sculpting b00bz :)

(Apparently the Auto-censorship here doesn’t allow the actual word of hoohaas/cans/knockers on the hag)

i don’t know the base size for the hag but my gut feeling is that it’s larger than the trogboss.

i checked at mierce miniatures and found a few altentives but still all would need quite some gs work to fit into a gw Range I think

All 100mm round bades

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_ysn_kys_mbs_602_000

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_ysn_kys_mbs_501_000

60mm alternative 

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_ysn_kys_min_552_000

squigboss

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_ysn_kys_wcf_190_000

Edited by Joakim

18 hours ago, Devan said:

Per the "WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR: CORE RULES & BASE SIZES" Designers Commentary:

Q: If an ability allows a unit to pile in more than the standard 3", can the unit pile in and attack in the combat phase if it is more than 3" from the enemy? A: No, unless the ability specifically states otherwise.

1 minute ago, amysrevenge said:

In this case, the ability does specifically state otherwise.

"...that unit is eligible to fight in the combat phase if it is within 6" of an enemy unit instead of 3", and can move an extra 3" when it piles in."

Good call!  Don't have that book handy but didn't know it made that distinction.  Then this battalion does help out squig hoppers a bunch.

• Like 1

This will be my list for my first game using these fellas.  Let me know if I'm missing anything obvious (I have the entire line up other than spiders)

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

LEADERS Skragrott, The Loonking (220) - General

Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

Loonboss (70)

UNITS

60 x Stabbas (360) - Pokin Spears & Moon Shields

60 x Stabbas (360) - Pokin Spears & Moon Shields

6 x Squig Herd (70)

10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)

5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)

5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)

5 x Sneaky Snufflers (70) Can this be 6 now?

BEHEMOTHS

Mangler Squigs (240)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

TOTAL: 2000/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0

WOUNDS: 199

4 hours ago, Warfiend said:

But she can only cast one spell and the cauldron doesn’t give her an extra one even when cast successfully unlike the balewind vortex.

No but it gives +1 to cast and extended range of the model. Casting the bowl first gives her a better chance of getting her personal spell off

Well I went 2-3 with my goblins list at LVO.

My 3 losses in order was a fun grudge match against the #1 ITC player in the world and eventual LVO winner Bill Souza. We never had a chance to play prior and wanted to get a nice game in round one. 
Second was a mirror match of gitz except he brought a battalion and made a charge to lock me in my deployment zone and just out scored me early. We barely got to turn 4 with nearly 300 models on the field for the both of us combined.  And finally I lost a match against one of my teammates who ended up being the #1 Daughters of Khaine in the ITC.   

Overall LVO was a blast. I have a lot of things to practice w/ moving forward and I look forward to playing Gitz for the rest of the year. I need to play a bit cleaner with keeping my auras in mind. I think a battalion will be worth it moving forward.

Thanks for your feedback ! I thought that Gitz had a lot of tools to counter DoK, between fanatics and spells that affect all models in a unit. Why do you think you lost the last one ?

And what about your wins ? You did well for a new army in the meta !

Edited by Backbreaker

I won against a mixed destruction list of Ogres and Beastclaw and then a game against a Beast of chaos list.  Realm spells helped me against the Beastclaw player.  The Beast of Chaos came down to me just being more experienced on the mission.

A unit of 30 girls killed 70 goblins when they had their buffs up. ( Mindrazor, reroll hits of 1 and all to wound.) I've yet to win against DoK since they came out last spring regardless of the army I'm playing. Again, this DoK player is really good and I play against him all the time. Just can't crack the code to beat them.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:38 PM, Amradiel said:

Your strongest 1k lists? Go!

Strongest as in most likely to win the game or strongest as in most likely to win a game in which your opponent doesn't rage quit turn 2.

Leaders
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- General
- Trait: Spiteful Git 
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet 
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
Webspinner Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Curse of da Spider God

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
60 x Stabbas (360)

Endless Spells
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 132

More wounds at 1k than my Ironjawz fields at 2k.

9 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Strongest as in most likely to win the game or strongest as in most likely to win a game in which your opponent doesn't rage quit turn 2.

Leaders
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- General
- Trait: Spiteful Git 
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet 
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
Webspinner Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Curse of da Spider God

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
60 x Stabbas (360)

Endless Spells
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 132

More wounds at 1k than my Ironjawz fields at 2k.

The first option 😅