AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

1 hour ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Do you guys prefer bows, stabbas or poking me spears on your grots?

It is very very possible the warscrolls will be updated.  Even if it doesn't, Spears vs stabbas depends on if we get any to hit buffs. There are none now, so mathmatically stabbas are better..  Might I suggest you work on basing if you have unassembled grots and don't know what to do yet.  Or go buy an arachnarok:)

So one question. I'm new with gobs and don't know what to do with battlelines and maybe I have to wait but I have 40 spear gobs, 20 bow and 15 spiders. My plan is to leave this way and hide fanatics on that 40 block but... should I buy more to make that 20 into 40 or don't? I wanna go more an animal insects army so I think I don't need more... I just need giant centipede, giant squigs and giant trogloths 

2 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I think I prefer bow and slitta. You get more attacks overall even if it is just a 5+ 5+ 

Do the bows work well for you though? I have a bunch and eventually stopped using them all together cause I would hardly wound anything after all is said and done. I might be playing them wrong tho.

3 hours ago, Hoseman said:

So one question. I'm new with gobs and don't know what to do with battlelines and maybe I have to wait but I have 40 spear gobs, 20 bow and 15 spiders. My plan is to leave this way and hide fanatics on that 40 block but... should I buy more to make that 20 into 40 or don't? I wanna go more an animal insects army so I think I don't need more... I just need giant centipede, giant squigs and giant trogloths 

I mean if you are just trying to fill battleline slots you should be fine, I don’t have luck with bows but i also only ran them in groups of 20. As for their endurance it was good, they just didn’t kill anything lol

I'm looking forward to seeing what type of buffs/formations we shall be getting as I'm expecting it to be similiar to the beasts of chaos style book that had 3 types of army using the same models.  Formations and character buffs are going to make a big difference to how I run my little gobbos.  

Currently have around 160 goblins 6 rivers troggoth and about 10 characters to fit in. I just hope they keep warboss weapon options that aren't available anymore in the warscroll like hand weapon and shield and 2 hand weapons. 

I usually bring a 40 man block of spears, however I am going to assemble 20 grots with stabbas, as they will be my dedicated troll guards, they will sit in front of a unit or trolls or a squig gobba, the trolls and gobba both have 2 inch range with their melee attack so will be able to fight over the grots.

If you look at IDK and DoK they encouraged two builds, one more based around elite special units (snakes, harpies and for deepkin eels) and the other around more massed infantry (witch and sisters for DoK and Namarti for IDK). Obviously, one of those approaches has proven more competitive than the other but I imagine they will stick to a similar tack for the grots. 

An elite army might be troggoths, hoppers and a mangler hero. Whereas the horde approach will give you lots of little grots and small heroes for buffs. 

You can bet on a squig battalion. 

As I did for Idoneth I will go elite... arachnarok, centipede if it exists, trogloths and mangler. For lines 15 spiders and 40 grots to hide fanatics but we will see... waiting for that Spider hero. The new king will be instabuy and we will see what else, maybe hoppers on armour cause I like the models. But maybe we have mushroom riders and I go crazy

9 hours ago, solosam47 said:

Do the bows work well for you though? I have a bunch and eventually stopped using them all together cause I would hardly wound anything after all is said and done. I might be playing them wrong tho.

Normally i use Gitmob Grots with bows and slittas (using night gobbo models) as they naturally get a +1 to hit at 20 models and the shaman casts sneaky stabbin for a +1 to wound and a rend of 1. So 4s and 4s rend 1 for shooting and melee isnt that bad. But i dont think gitmob will be included in the Gloomspite Gits.... 😭 so hopefully we get a could spells and a command abilities that will enhance the normal grots so more!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chickenbits said:

I'm so happy to see my precious spiders included into this book! So glad I hold on to them.

Now to finnish off their bases.

spoodersss.jpg

Such a pretty Spiderfang army there Chickenbits! Ive always been tempted by the bigger ones and i was thinking of using Shelob as my Big Boss and Mirkwood Spiders as the basic Spiders, but it turns out they are a bit too big!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Do you guys prefer bows, stabbas or poking me spears on your grots?

I always do spears for the look. When I need to I call them stabba's and NO ONE has ever said a word. I think the majority of players don't know the difference in wording. Currently building 40 with actual stabba's when I want to do two differant units with each weapon.

10 hours ago, Chickenbits said:

I'm so happy to see my precious spiders included into this book! So glad I hold on to them.

Now to finnish off their bases.

spoodersss.jpg

Can you post a close up pic of the red please? What's your recipe if you don't mind sharing? That looks like the exact red I've been trying to do for my spiders.