AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

54 minutes ago, raketjan said:

Planning  on using the tiny grot boss with ”giant” cave squig from battle for skull pass. Would look hilarious with him on a really big base filled with mushrooms...

I'm planning to use the tiny grot boss on my old mangler squig for the Loonboss option.  Boss holding onto to tiny squiq holding onto mangler.

1 hour ago, JonnyTheKing said:

Rockgut or Fellwater Troggoths?

-Insert “why not both” meme here- 

I quite like Fellwater Troggoths, they arnt as tanky as the Rockgut but they get the -1 to hit, 2 more attacks in combat (but 1 less rend and damage) and a good short ranged attack. 

Which list do you guys prefer?

1.Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
- Artefact: Spiteful Prodder  
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day  
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 9x Barbed Nets
- 2x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
20 x Squig Hoppers (360)
6 x Squig Herd (70)

Units
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (160)

Battalions
Squig Rider Stampede (140)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 186

2.Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Dankhold Troggboss (300)
- General
- Trait: Tough as Rocks  
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike 
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
- Artefact: Spiteful Prodder  

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 9x Barbed Nets
- 2x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers

Units
15 x Squig Hoppers (270)

Battalions
Squig Rider Stampede (140)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 176

Edited by JonnyTheKing

11 hours ago, raketjan said:

Planning  on using the tiny grot boss with ”giant” cave squig from battle for skull pass. Would look hilarious with him on a really big base filled with mushrooms...

Since I have some 20-30 different Night Goblin hero models from over the years that I really like I am trying to figure out how to use as many of them as possible but still use the new stuff.  I think I am going to be doing more stuff like putting them on many of the big monster/creature models.  For example, adding them onto the bases of some of the models as more of scenic details, standing on the shoulders of Giants or big Trolls to help lead them, or build a howdah onto my colossal squig and put a few of them there - etc.  Some of them also work exceptionally well as unit leaders for the grot units.

• LOVE IT! 1

As a hobbyist/collector/rubbish player, working 60+ hour weeks all January long, here's where I'm at with the book now that I've had a chance to digest a bit.

I could go to the store tonight (HA! too busy) with a fairly solid 2000 points of painted Spiderfang.  I only have 2 Arachnaroks, which is a deficiency, but I could sub in a Colossal Squig.  Immediate painting project is 20 more Spider Riders, even though I only need 15 to get to the list I like  best haha.

As far as a medium-term hobby project, I'm aiming toward a Skulkmob Horde.  All I have to buy is one Skragrott and the endless spell set, and then convert one Fanatic (I have the bits I want to use picked out) and build a Loonshrine out of the bits from a couple Skull Pass kits.  Then I can get to painting.  It's not the best list, but it's a target.  I've got the models to do 3 x 60 grots, but that's too many points tied up in grots.

• Skragrott
  • Madcap Shaman
  • 60 Stabbas (spears) with 9 nets, 3 musicians, 3 banners, 1 leader
  • 5 Loonsmasha Fanatics
  • 20 Stabbas (stabbas) with 1 net, 1 musician, 1 banner, 1 leader
  • 5 Loonsmasha Fanatics
  • 20 Shootas with 1 net, 1 musician, 1 banner, 1 leader
  • 15 Loonsmasha Fanatics
  • Aleguzzler Gargant
  • Skulkmob Horde
  • Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron

I can't wait to get going.  I'm already  trimming mold lines off of Skull Pass spear-Stabbas to calm my brain at work, and I can move on to greenstuffing the hoods to my liking once that is done.

And then once this is finished, I can move on to squigs and trolls.........................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

How dare you sir!  I am deeply offended.

The only way to resolve this is stabbas at dawn.  I challenge thee!

Fairly sure the only way to resolve it as a Grot would be challenge for stabbas at dawn then spend the night before the duel trying to make sure make sure your opponent doesn't wake in the morning!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Fairly sure the only way to resolve it as a Grot would be challenge for stabbas at dawn then spend the night before the duel trying to make sure make sure your opponent doesn't wake in the morning!

Or I can bring a squig with me to the duel.  Or stab him in the back when he is not looking before the duel starts.  Or offer some particularly potent (poisoned...) fungus brew before hand.

There are lots of routes to go with.  You did not think I was going to actually have a fair duel did you?

• Like 1

So this is probably a meme build with no real competitive value, but I own everything for this besides the preorder stuff

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Loonboss (70)
- General
- Trait: The Clammy Hand 
Troggoth Hag (380)
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
6 x Squig Herd (70)
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)
5 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
1 x Spiker (48)
1 x Shroomancer (48)
1 x Scaremonger (48)
1 x Boggleye (48)
1 x Brewgit (48)
10 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (280)
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 196
Could be fun, a lot of moving parts for it to work though

2 hours ago, a74xhx said:

Could you just dump the loonshrine on top of an objective?  Objectives are not scenery and objectives can be placed on scenery.

It might be big enough to ensure no one can then take that objective. Amazing for something like Battle For The Pass.

Hadn’t thought about it but yeah, you could.  It’s an amazing tool to have for us, the way we can manipulate the board with such a big LOS blocking piece could be quite game changing/breaking at times I think. 

2 hours ago, a74xhx said:

Could you just dump the loonshrine on top of an objective?  Objectives are not scenery and objectives can be placed on scenery.

It might be big enough to ensure no one can then take that objective. Amazing for something like Battle For The Pass.

This would be why I've always assumed objectives to be a cylinder rather than a sphere. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt Large said:

Hadn’t thought about it but yeah, you could.  It’s an amazing tool to have for us, the way we can manipulate the board with such a big LOS blocking piece could be quite game changing/breaking at times I think. 

I wonder if it's possible to fully break any of the battleplans before units have been deployed just by making a strategic point unobtainable. Maybe only the fluffy narrative ones which have non symmetrical layouts.

2 minutes ago, Malakree said:

This would be why I've always assumed objectives to be a cylinder rather than a sphere. 

Is that to prevent scenery going on top of the objective?  If so that would break the Sylvaneth strategy of placing woods over everything.

1 minute ago, a74xhx said:

I wonder if it's possible to fully break any of the battleplans before units have been deployed just by making a strategic point unobtainable. Maybe only the fluffy narrative ones which have non symmetrical layouts.

Is that to prevent scenery going on top of the objective?  If so that would break the Sylvaneth strategy of placing woods over everything.

No, it's so that vertical distance becomes irrelevant when measuring to the objective.  One question would be, does an objective move up if there is terrain ontop of it or is it always on the "board" level? 

• If it's always on board level then I just need a piece of terrain which is a semi-sphere 6.1" in radius and that objective is now impossible to control.
  • If it's place ontop of terrain then a small 20" high mountain with a plateau on the top over one of my objectives and it would add nearly an extra tables distance between you and my objective while I sit a unit on-top of it. Essentially claiming the objective for free.

Having it as a cylinder prevents all those problems and makes it almost impossible to game the system in those sorts of ways and just makes everything a lot smoother.