AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

1 minute ago, Mayple said:

Oh! The shattered dominion base detail kit, yeah :) That's a separate one from the shattered dominion bases. You'll get loads of stuff from that one! 

Ive still got the really old dragon skull with a chest of gold that GW used to make way back! Ive been saving it for a special day and i think the new moonclan will get the honours of having it on a base of a big squig/centipede monster!!! 😍

• LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Edit: @RuneBrush we had a potato camera in here? What was it, if you don't mind me asking for the sake of knowing what exactly "No photos from the potato camera" means? ;) I'm assuming it had nothing to do with the pictures/video released by GW themselves.

Basically it's a phrase that we use to refer to all awful grainy leaked pictures :D  Have a quick gander at the WHTV Video on YouTube (which is hilarious).  The list of what's cool to post is listed in our site rules (spoiler: items from GW are fine)

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Basically it's a phrase that we use to refer to all awful grainy leaked pictures :D  Have a quick gander at the WHTV Video on YouTube (which is hilarious).  The list of what's cool to post is listed in our site rules (spoiler: items from GW are fine)

Sure, yeah, I understand the phrase :) I just missed the part where one was posted here, so I got a bit confused if you were maybe referring to the blurry pictures we were *ahem* shamelessly spending way too much time and effort on decrypting (from Warhammer TV) - but seeing as that is not the case, there's no problem ;) Better safe than sorry.

2 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Sure, yeah, I understand the phrase :) I just missed the part where one was posted here, so I got a bit confused if you were maybe referring to the blurry pictures we were *ahem* shamelessly spending way too much time and effort on decrypting (from Warhammer TV) - but seeing as that is not the case, there's no problem ;) Better safe than sorry.

Don't worry - if the post is still there, it's likely OK ;)

• Like 1

The Recent FaQ adding official base sizes shows Grots on 25`s,,doubt very much they would change that.

Interesting that the Fanatic is not listed though...probably will be 32s for those guys,,which is totally fine by me as the smaller bases fell over all the time with the old models.

4 minutes ago, ChatBatFun said:

18!!!!!!!!

Yes.

Loonking

Manglers

Fungoid troggoths

other troggoths

fanatics

shroom fanatics

squigs

squig hoppers

moonboss

shaman on mushroom

squig herder 

squig herder hero

centipede/troggoth hero

endless spells

terrain

armoured grots

moon-zombies (?)

three-eyed shaman

more?

1 minute ago, S133arcanite said:

Yes.

Loonking

Manglers

Fungoid troggoths

other troggoths

fanatics

shroom fanatics

squigs

squig hoppers

moonboss

shaman on mushroom

squig herder 

squig herder hero

centipede/troggoth hero

endless spells

terrain

armoured grots

moon-zombies (?)

three-eyed shaman

more?

Fanatics and shroom fanatics are the same kit, and I’m not convinced they will do armoured grots but that’s still a lot of new models which is great

i dont think we will get mushroom zombies, i think it was just a cinematic of the badmoon cursing people, it will probably be a spell that deals MWs on 6s haha! Armoured grots i also dont think we will get, the moonboss and squig herders will have armour as they are dealing with squigs but for heavy "infantry" i think thats what the purpose of trolls are! thats always been their role in a gobbo army. Having your 2nd or 3rd rank of Gobbos being trolls will be fun with there 2" range meaning they cant be hit back. Like the old Kroxigor and skink combo and dryads and kurnoth hunters. 

1 hour ago, Thostos said:

Some hopes and dreams as I start my rebasing(80 NG`s first up)

Plastic Manglers please!,,tired of repairs every time I run my FC one...

Reduce Grot units to purchase blocks of 10 in matched play from the current 20..more granularity and perhaps add in a point break for units of 40+

Make that new terrain piece spawn cave squigs!

Grot catapult,and doom divers are useful.

To hit debuff spell that can be applied to Grot units(debuffing incoming attacks of course)

Would LOVE if that thing generated Sqiugs! Either that, or an aura effect like the Brayherd terrain that infected enemy units with spores. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thostos said:

The Recent FaQ adding official base sizes shows Grots on 25`s,,doubt very much they would change that.

Interesting that the Fanatic is not listed though...probably will be 32s for those guys,,which is totally fine by me as the smaller bases fell over all the time with the old models.

That kills me, I just finished basing 9 of the little blighters on 25's! Doh!

1 minute ago, SuperHappyTime said:

I regret clamoring for the combining of armies into "Legions", because I thought Spiderfang and Moonclan both had enough going for them to be their own factions.

i think spiderfang is kind of stuck with being such a niche thing, its just spiders.... you cant really expand on spiders haha! What could you add... spider swarms, flying spiders, grot scuttlings, medium sized spiders, spiders riding spiders who fire little spiderlings with web bows! If they werent dedicated to the whole spider god theme they could have all types of creepy crawlies like scorpions, beetles, centipedes, mosquitos, snails (😂😂) and worms. But if you added those things to a spiderfang army, it doesnt really suit there fluff and nature, as after all they worship spiders. Everything they do involves them.

So i think its logical that they are included in a joint army with moonclan and troggoths. Speaking of troggoths they have the same issues, they can keep adding all types of trolls, hall trolls, troll kings but each one plays the same but with a different ability on each warscroll. What this book is doing is unifying these smaller subfactions into a better one that still can be played as seperate faction (if troggoths get a hero and battleline options)  compare this to ironjaws with there 5 or so units, id say spiderfang are looking they get such choice! Im going to love adding some spiders to my night gobbos and trolls.

5 minutes ago, SuperHappyTime said:

I regret clamoring for the combining of armies into "Legions", because I thought Spiderfang and Moonclan both had enough going for them to be their own factions.

They do both have enough as concepts that they could make factions out of each of them.  But we still don't know how the rules for this book are going to end up.  It could take ideas from Beasts of Chaos and have multiple allegiances that you could combine and so Spiderfang might still be their own thing.  Or it might be more like Legions of Nagash and have multiple playable allegiances within it.  Or, it could just be that they are moving those old allegiances together and this is now a single allegiance.  We just don't know.

But honestly, I am glad that they are doing SOMETHING with grots aside from just ignoring them.  Beggars can't be choosers.

• LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Local_Goat said:

That kills me, I just finished basing 9 of the little blighters on 25's! Doh!

Companies make base-extenders to go from 25-32mm.  I just bought a ton of them so that I can start rebasing my 40k orks with minimal effort since a lot of them are on custom resin bases.

1 minute ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

i think spiderfang is kind of stuck with being such a niche thing, its just spiders.... you cant really expand on spiders haha! What could you add... spider swarms, flying spiders, grot scuttlings, medium sized spiders, spiders riding spiders who fire little spiderlings with web bows! If they werent dedicated to the whole spider god theme they could have all types of creepy crawlies like scorpions, beetles, centipedes, mosquitos, snails (😂😂) and worms. But if you added those things to a spiderfang army, it doesnt really suit there fluff and nature, as after all they worship spiders. Everything they do involves them.

So i think its logical that they are included in a joint army with moonclan and troggoths. Speaking of troggoths they have the same issues, they can keep adding all types of trolls, hall trolls, troll kings but each one plays the same but with a different ability on each warscroll. What this book is doing is unifying these smaller subfactions into a better one that still can be played as seperate faction (if troggoths get a hero and battleline options)  compare this to ironjaws with there 5 or so units, id say spiderfang are looking they get such choice! Im going to love adding some spiders to my night gobbos and trolls.

Hopefully the new Troll kit has options to make 3 Troll lord slots, so if they come 3 to a box, picking up 3 boxes nets you enough to play a game right off the bat. Maybe a Troll King, Troll Shaman, and Troll Banner?

Just now, Skabnoze said:

Companies make base-extenders to go from 25-32mm.  I just bought a ton of them so that I can start rebasing my 40k orks with minimal effort since a lot of them are on custom resin bases.

Same here! I'm putting all my moonclan on Dragonforge Ancient Ruin bases, those extenders are a great idea. 

11 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

i dont think we will get mushroom zombies

Maybe not, maybe so...

Usually Underworlds follows closely the AoS factions. The Troggoth unit does have some feisty mushrooms and some flying squigs - this is by no mean a guarantee, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see a few of those in the new GG models...

Spiel2018Reveasl-Oct25-MollogsMob3xo.jpg.6898ae7745f4ab542697c43db5f98551.jpg

Just now, Local_Goat said:

Hopefully the new Troll kit has options to make 3 Troll lord slots, so if they come 3 to a box, picking up 3 boxes nets you enough to play a game right off the bat. Maybe a Troll King, Troll Shaman, and Troll Banner?

I would personally really love a troll king (like throgg but not all chaosy) a troll shaman like the shadspire looking one and a troll tracker of some kind (helps guide there more stupid kin to battle) 

2 minutes ago, Local_Goat said:

Same here! I'm putting all my moonclan on Dragonforge Ancient Ruin bases, those extenders are a great idea. 

I bought these ones and they turned out quite nice.  They are plastic so easy to work with and they are stupidly cheap:

http://eccentricminiatures.com/adapterrings.html

$22 for 100 is by far the best deal I have seen to date.

1 minute ago, Veillotron said:

Maybe not, maybe so...

Usually Underworlds follows closely the AoS factions. The Troggoth unit does have some feisty mushrooms and some flying squigs - this is by no mean a guarantee, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see a few of those in the new GG models...

Spiel2018Reveasl-Oct25-MollogsMob3xo.jpg.6898ae7745f4ab542697c43db5f98551.jpg

werent they all revealed to be types of squigs in the end? which i still dont understand how that stalagmite is one ahaha! 

I would personally really love a troll king (like throgg but not all chaosy) a troll shaman like the shadspire looking one and a troll tracker of some kind (helps guide there more stupid kin to battle) 

I bought 2 Throggs when he recently went back on sale exactly in preparation for whenever GW makes Troll heroes for Destruction.  It might be a while, but I can be patient.  I will wait until they make something and then the conversion fun begins.  I love the Throgg model so much.

1 minute ago, Skabnoze said:

I bought these ones and they turned out quite nice.  They are plastic so easy to work with and they are stupidly cheap:

http://eccentricminiatures.com/adapterrings.html

$22 for 100 is by far the best deal I have seen to date.

Thank you very much for the suggestion! That is an amazing deal, and it actually makes me want to go back and redo my Orks now!

Just now, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

werent they all revealed to be types of squigs in the end? which i still dont understand how that stalagmite is one ahaha! 

Well you see, when a Squig and a rock love each other very much

• Like 2

I don't care about the how, all I know is that I want a full unit (or army) of murderous stalagmites.

Do you hear me GW?  This should be a thing!