AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

3 minutes ago, Gumbalina said:

In that case I'd add the mighty mushroom to that as well.  Pretty great to kill off a big unit which could be an issue for this list. 

Drop the Squig Hoppers for Boingrot Bounders, the 60 Stabbas already fill that roll and the Bounders are way better for 30 points. Does leave you with an awkward 30 point float but the power increase you get from it is huge.

21 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Drop the Squig Hoppers for Boingrot Bounders, the 60 Stabbas already fill that roll and the Bounders are way better for 30 points. Does leave you with an awkward 30 point float but the power increase you get from it is huge.

I may upgrade one unit of hoppers to knights and drop the spell for a command point then. The hoppers are a valuable alpha strike unit. Though command point heavy I can fairly reliably first turn charge them.  2cp for 9 + 3d6 rerolling the move distance then a charge on top of that is very good not to use.  

43 minutes ago, Gumbalina said:

I may upgrade one unit of hoppers to knights and drop the spell for a command point then. The hoppers are a valuable alpha strike unit. Though command point heavy I can fairly reliably first turn charge them.  2cp for 9 + 3d6 rerolling the move distance then a charge on top of that is very good not to use.  

You know you can only trigger the +3" move on each squig unit once? 

Plus if you take a wizard you can just Hand of Gork your Stabbas across the battlefield instead.

Quick Question. If you take Shootas or Stabbas, do you always take the maximum number of Netters?

edit: I ask because I am building some now and I notice when people make lists they just put "Stabbas" or "Shootas" with no info on whether or not they have taken netters.  I'm mostly curious if Shootas should take any at all.

Edited by gibbindefs

30 minutes ago, Gumbalina said:

I'm aware but you can auto run 6 inches hence the 9+ 3d6

Ahh ok, yeah it's definitely solid if you can get Squig Lure off on them. I would worry that they are kinda squigshy and might just die/flee. Hopefully with the fly you can bounce through the lines to nom a hero tho!

8 hours ago, polishsausage said:

I was looking to resist but I guess I cannot, looking on advise for my first 1000pt list (and shopping list at the same time):

300  Loonboss on Mangler Squigs

80    Fungoid 

90    5x Boingrot Bounderz

90    5x Boingrot Bounderz

100  5x Squig Hoppers

100  5x Squig Hoppers

240  Mangler Squigs

1000pts

Alternatively I was looking into taking out Fungoid Manger for 2nd Loonboss on Mangler but magic seems just too good.

Yes yesssss join the dark side! 

3 hours ago, Gumbalina said:

I'm thinking the madcap shaman will be the better default shaman as cheaper, access to artefacts and can still double cast spells.  

I'm currently working on my list which will be as follows. 

Loonking 260pts

Loonboss on giant squig 110pts

Madcap shaman moppit 80pts

60 stabba, 9 nets, poking spears 360pts

6 squig herds 70pts

6 squig herds 70pts 

15 squig hoppers 270pts

15 squig hoppers 270pts 

15 boinggrot knights 300pts 

5 sneaky smugglers 70pts 

Squig stampede 90pts 

1950pts

No Mangler?! 🤯

Anyone know the cauldron base size? Because a doofy idea occurred. If you teleport an A-Rok shaman to within 9, then cast the cauldron. You are 9 away, the cauldron is now 1" ahead of the shaman as close to an enemy unit as it can get. If the base is 5" long, then you can get the cauldron and therefore the spider within 3, do the mortal wounds, and be in combat. 

4 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Anyone know the cauldron base size? Because a doofy idea occurred. If you teleport an A-Rok shaman to within 9, then cast the cauldron. You are 9 away, the cauldron is now 1" ahead of the shaman as close to an enemy unit as it can get. If the base is 5" long, then you can get the cauldron and therefore the spider within 3, do the mortal wounds, and be in combat. 

Its on a 60mm round so a bit over 2 inches.

Edited by Melcavuk

14 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

It's the other way around mate, the 6" pile in (Big Batallion) depends on being under the light of the Moon.  The reroll movement (smaller Batallion) just happens.  

That being said I still agree that people are sleeping on how big a deal Skraggrot could be for a Squig army, because the pile in from out of combat thing is massive.

Thanks! The 6 inch pile in is huge, and definitely also mitigates poor rolling on movement.  Combined with the rerolls the movement seems like it actually won't be a huge issue (until I roll double/triple 1s all the time).  Testing the army will tell I suppose.

• Like 1

I'm not sure on spells and artefacts just yet. This was more an idea of what I want to use rather than making the best army.   I like the mangler but at the same time it's alot easier to kill that the hoppers due to less wounds and the mangler can degrade.  

Since i see the gloomspites working well as a mixed force rather than pure theme id rather have the bodies on the board than an expensive monster.

1 hour ago, Caladancid said:

Thanks! The 6 inch pile in is huge, and definitely also mitigates poor rolling on movement.  Combined with the rerolls the movement seems like it actually won't be a huge issue (until I roll double/triple 1s all the time).  Testing the army will tell I suppose.

Ok so interesting thing about the Wording Regarding the Squig Avalanche and the Light of the Bad Moon which I bring up now so that it can be errata'd next week :D 

The wording of the Light of the Bad Moon says "Models wholly within...."
For the for the Lunar Squigs it says "If all the models in a friendly Squig unit...." 
Lastly for the Squig Avalanche it says "If the Light of the Bad Moon affects a unit from this battalion..."

In the rules it doesn't actually define what is required for a unit to be affected by the Light of the Bad Moon only what is required for a model to be affected. Technically anything which affects models within a unit is also affecting the unit even if it doesn't affect all models within the unit. Hence, as it's undefined, the Light of the Bad Moon is affecting the unit if a single model is affected by it even if the unit gains no benefit unless all the models within the unit are affected.

Since the Squig Avalanche doesn't require that the Whole unit be affected, it confers it's benefits to any unit in which at least one model is affected.

• Hence if a single model from a unit in the Squig Avalanche is wholly within the same segment as the Bad Moon the entire unit can pile in from 6" away!

Obviously this is a perfect example of Power Gaming Rules as Written and complete BS but it's worth noting that's how it stands right now. I imagine there will be an Errata which says

• "Even if a single model within a unit is affected by, and receiving the benefit of, the Light of the Bad Moon the unit itself is only considered to be affected by the Light of the Bad Moon if all models within the unit are affected by it."

EDIT:

6 minutes ago, Gumbalina said:

I'm not sure on spells and artefacts just yet. This was more an idea of what I want to use rather than making the best army.   I like the mangler but at the same time it's alot easier to kill that the hoppers due to less wounds and the mangler can degrade.  

Since i see the gloomspites working well as a mixed force rather than pure theme id rather have the bodies on the board than an expensive monster.

Gloomspite actually seem to be well written for all the different forms of army it can be built to. There are solid Mixed and Pure lists. Your list could very easily be written as a Squig list with very little change.

Edited by Malakree

5 minutes ago, Gumbalina said:

The mangler degrade stats but when he is low, he return to his starter stats, IMO is a great model, nd with the "Fight another day" trait you attack and then fall back, I find that very funny and effective! 

4 hours ago, Gumbalina said:

A mangler or for 30pts more 15 hoppers? I prefer the hoppers

oh god, you do make sense and its sad,

15 BB generate 7.5mw on charge with 30 wounds 4+ 

the real question is: do you 3x5 Bounderz or 1x15 Bounderz
what would be advantages/disadvantages (if you don't mind explaining to a newb like me) 

I've been out of the game for over a year now, but seeing these little hooligans makes me wanna... you know.

Is it confirmed which factions are included in Gloomspire? Is it all Moonclan, Troggoth and Gargant? I'm guessing some Moonclan stuff is being re-keyworded as Gloomspire as well? Any love for Gitmob?

Also, what is the allies situation?

5 minutes ago, Furious said:

I've been out of the game for over a year now, but seeing these little hooligans makes me wanna... you know.

Is it confirmed which factions are included in Gloomspire? Is it all Moonclan, Troggoth and Gargant? I'm guessing some Moonclan stuff is being re-keyworded as Gloomspire as well? Any love for Gitmob?

All Moonclan, Spiderfang, and Troggoth is being rolled into Gloomspite (plus Gargants).  Nothing is being rebranded, however not everything is GROT.  Certain things are only MOONCLAN, SPIDERFANG, etc.  Most seems to prevent hiding fanatics where it wouldn't make sense and other odd rules interactions.  No Gitmob, however.  They can still ally in, as can Bonesplitters and Greenskins.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Furious said:

Yes, the Moonclan, Spiderfang, gargant, aleguzzler, and Troggoth(with the sub troggoth keywords too) are keywords in the book, but everything also has the gloomspite gitz keyword. No gitmob in gloomspite(except the old gitmob shaman has been renamed a madcap shaman, but shares the same warscroll as the old metal moonclan shamans now who are also madcap shamans now)

Gitmob, greenskinz and bonesplitterz are the allies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FPC said:

All Moonclan, Spiderfang, and Troggoth is being rolled into Gloomspite (plus Gargants).  Nothing is being rebranded, however not everything is GROT.  Certain things are only MOONCLAN, SPIDERFANG, etc.  Most seems to prevent hiding fanatics where it wouldn't make sense and other odd rules interactions.  No Gitmob, however.  They can still ally in, as can Bonesplitters and Greenskins.

That's awesome, thanks for the answer - 58 pages is a lot to sift through for pretty simple but specific info.

Are any warscrolls toast? I see that the fanatics have been split into two types, and I'm guessing the old one is obsolete now? And that Gloomspire grots don't have a spear unit, those are Moonclan?

I'm getting most of my info off the AOS app, so I'm not sure what's fully up to date yet. I know there's no option for Gloomspire allegiance in Azyr.

2 hours ago, Ushmagul said:

The mangler degrade stats but when he is low, he return to his starter stats, IMO is a great model, nd with the "Fight another day" trait you attack and then fall back, I find that very funny and effective! 

I agree the model is amazing and the rules are good but I'm not interested in trying to make the mangler boss work by making him the general for that command trait and a smart opponent will hurt the mangler enough to degrade it to worst stats then leave it or kill the thing entirely in one go.  

36 minutes ago, polishsausage said:

oh god, you do make sense and its sad,

15 BB generate 7.5mw on charge with 30 wounds 4+ 

the real question is: do you 3x5 Bounderz or 1x15 Bounderz
what would be advantages/disadvantages (if you don't mind explaining to a newb like me) 

I like big units but suffer from bravery the most but are better against light shooting. Small units can just split up and do very little if they take even a single model off.