AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

1 minute ago, Malakree said:

Based on the other, none destruction, heroes of similar stats/rules. It should come in at about 300-360ish.

Jeah. That is what I also thought. I mean compare him to other big models, like the great unclean one for example:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG-Great-unclean-one.pdf

The GUO costs 340 points.

• Confused 1

Just now, tom_gore said:

The missing MONSTER keyword is a bit baffling to be honest. Has it been confirmed by the devs it's not just a mistake?

It's actually a really large buff for the model, it also doesn't have the monster damage table. Depends on how big the model actually is.

AoSGloomspiteUnits-Jan4-BoingrotWarscrol

Jebus that MW charge roll. It's like a Cabbage on steroids. Doesn't even require the models to be within in 1" just one of them.

I think you're misinterpreting. It's 1 dice per model in the Boingrot unit, not the target unit. A bit like Evocators, but happening after the charge move and not after the Evocators have fought (but Evocators roll 2 dice per model).

• Like 5

Just now, tom_gore said:

I think you're misinterpreting. It's 1 dice per model in the Boingrot unit, not the target unit. A bit like Evocators, but happening after the charge move and not after the Evocators have fought (but Evocators roll 2 dice per model).

Same as the cabbage which is 8 degrading to 4 dice with mortals on a 4+

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

Now that your saying it, that’s immense.

well not better then skarbrand, but still amazing.

I know, it's glorious. Go look up Beastcaller's Bones from Ghur and realise just how Gross that item now is on a Troggboss!

AoSGloomspiteUnits-Jan4-LoonKingWarscrol

Oh baby stop, I can't handle all this madness. It's just to good.

No you can't keep that ethereal amulet, yes you are going to be taking mortal wounds every battleround. Yes that is out of turn Morathi, go ****** yourself!

1 hour ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

What was the problem with the beast lord command? I run one and he is a solid hero. He's really really good in gavespawn, since you can give him the unique artifact and he can pretty reliably one phase kill most heroes and trigger reroll failed hits and wounds. Sure, it can be situational, but it's a powerful buff to breyherd. Plus in gavespawn when he dies you get a spawn on anything but a one.

Gavespawn are best! I'm re-building my beastmen (from mine and friend's old 6th ed beastmen armies) army for AoS and I did chose to do Khornate Gavespawn army. With 2 Beast Lords, lots of gors, chariots and centigors. And some spawns. Maybe add some bestigors later. Beast Lords are one of my favorite heroes on Chaos!

2 minutes ago, Infeston said:

I also think the charge and retreat command ability of the fungoid cave shaman will work well with the Boingrot Bounzerz:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG Fungoid Cave Shaman.pdf

At least if you want to make him your general. But I think it could work if you should him with Spore-fanatics, for example.

Why would you ever use a fungoid general over Skragrott though?

Some questions regarding "battleline Iff"

Spoiler

Does the Dankhold Troggboss have to be the general to get battleline Troggs?

If I want to run Skragrott as my General does that preclude me from having any of the "battleline if" options? 
(Spiderfang/Troggs/Squig Hoppers)

Can a ManglerKing take Boingrot Bounders as battleline or is it Squig Hoppers only?

1 minute ago, kenshin620 said:

I'm sure it is a mistake. Otherwise that would be very odd. The Dragon Ogor Shaggoth is a Monster for example.

I'm actually really hoping it isn't. There needs to be more Megaboss style big heroes that aren't monsters!

10 minutes ago, Morhgoz said:

Gavespawn are best! I'm re-building my beastmen (from mine and friend's old 6th ed beastmen armies) army for AoS and I did chose to do Khornate Gavespawn army. With 2 Beast Lords, lots of gors, chariots and centigors. And some spawns. Maybe add some bestigors later. Beast Lords are one of my favorite heroes on Chaos!

Sounds great.

good luck then (am doing the same thing)

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Jeah. That is what I also thought. I mean compare him to other big models, like the great unclean one for example:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG-Great-unclean-one.pdf

The GUO costs 340 points.

Well the Dankhold does not degrade, is no Monster (-1 to hit, cover, recovers wounds), has absurd dmg (without even an artefact), he buffs, is immune to magic and he has an instant kill attack build in.... he should be priced 50-60pts higher than a Leviadon and be closer to a Stardrake pointswise, everything else is mildly put absurd.

otherwise people will just spam him 3x and 180 grots.

I am complaining though I‘ll Propably start a Troll army, I still dislike absurd cheap powerful units just so they can sell more of them.

but we all k ow that GW lately sucks concerning good or fair point values 😕

Edited by JackStreicher

Some questions regarding "battleline Iff"

Reveal hidden contents

Does the Dankhold Troggboss have to be the general to get battleline Troggs?

If I want to run Skragrott as my General does that preclude me from having any of the "battleline if" options? 
(Spiderfang/Troggs/Squig Hoppers)

Can a ManglerKing take Boingrot Bounders as battleline or is it Squig Hoppers only?

I'm actually really hoping it isn't. There needs to be more Megaboss style big heroes that aren't monsters!

I have to say that I don't like the Skragrott model that much.  Also I was never a fan of named heroes. I like creating my own heroes with their own backstory. A named hero instead always has some kind of backstory, which I can't influence.

This is why I like unnamed heroes more than named ones.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, tom_gore said:

Ah, that makes much more sense. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Malakree said:

It depends on how the Fungoid Shaman's scroll reads when the book comes out.  If he still has to be your general in order to use his command ability then I think there is still use to have him as your general depending on the army build.  Looking at the warscrolls that were released today there is a major bonus for charging with Boingrot Bounders and the Fungoid's command ability can disengage them so you can bounce off and charge again.  My hope is that they ditch the "has to be your general" restriction from his command ability since I would probably most often prefer a different general (such as for unit unlocks), but if the restriction remains at least there is some synergy that we definitively know about.

5 minutes ago, Infeston said:

I have to say that I don't like the Skragrott model that much.  Also I was never a fan of named heroes. I like creating my own heroes with their own backstory. A named hero instead always has some kind of backstory, which I can't influence.

This is why I like unnamed heroes more than named ones.

On the other hand having a key figure or two can help quickly inject some sort of story with a faction and also even become beloved, like Skarsnik or Grimgor. Especially for a game like AoS where a lot of the fluff is unknown.

I mean I love BoC, but felt at least a character or two would help them get some personality other than "we're chaos marauders with goat heads".  An AoS version of Kholek Suneater (maybe his successor) would have been cool. Or the Brass Bull.

Plus so far theres plenty of generic heroes for GGs.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Oh baby stop, I can't handle all this madness. It's just to good.

No you can't keep that ethereal amulet, yes you are going to be taking mortal wounds every battleround. Yes that is out of turn Morathi, go ****** yourself!

The extra command points seem nuts. Never take battleshock for grots! 

17 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Well the Dankhold does not degrade, is no Monster (-1 to hit, cover, recovers wounds), has absurd dmg (without even an artefact), he buffs, is immune to magic and he has an instant kill attack build in.... he should be priced 50-60pts higher than a Leviadon and be closer to  than a Stardrake pointswise, everything else is mildly put absurd.

otherwise people will just spam him 3x and 180 grots.

I am complaining though I‘ll Propably start a Troll army

but we all k ow that GW lately sucks concerning good or fair point values 😕

Compare it to the Dragonlord warscroll. 

Dragonlord has more attacks, better command ability, double the movement, Reroll failed saves, ranged mortal wound output which isn't a shooting attack and fly all at 340 points.

That's not even starting with the Great Unclean One comparison

Honestly if the Troggboss isn't 340 or less then it's overcosted. I'd personally put it around 280 just because of the move/fly issues EDIT: Hell maybe even 240/260 like the Freeguild Gryphon

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

His healing is a bit bad though... 4+ for D3 wounds back,,, maybe all trolls are dropping to a 4+ as they are currently a 2+.

Remember the Bad Moon, though: 

Troggoths can re-roll the dice to see if they regenerate wounds, or double the results of their first roll.

7 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

His healing is a bit bad though... 4+ for D3 wounds back,,, maybe all trolls are dropping to a 4+ as they are currently a 2+.

There is so much more to it than only the healing. Monsters at his powerlevel are 380+ points and they degrade, don‘t get cover, csn‘t Heal themselves, don‘t have 4 D6 dmg attacks, aren‘t Immune to magic and they don‘t get -1 to being hit if 3 grots are around.

+ a free CO ever herophase... well.

I‘ll seriously deny games against armies with 2+ dankholds then. Spam 4 and put the rest in normal grots and mages GG.

... and now compare him to the Leviadon.

Edited by JackStreicher