AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

29 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Does the Loonboss on Mangler also have the yellow Moon helmet?

From the leaked potato cam image I don't thing it does but it's not exactly that clear so it might, it could be a customisation option on the sprue though.

Edited by Dirtnaps

Loving all this stuff so far - New Years Resolution is no new models till I've finished what I've got (too much 40k/ Necromunda/ Vampires) but I might pick up the Shadespire Warband to see if I like painting Gobbos!

Always had a soft spot for them and it seems like they going to be nothing but #FUN!

Just now, kenshin620 said:

Today's preview they look at the 3 types of artifacts and spells.

I imagine it is a lot like BoC with one of the spell lores (the spider one) being only 3 big.

AoSGloomspite-Jan3-Prodder1dn.jpg

AoSGloomspite-Jan3-HandofGork2mc.jpg

AoSGloomspite-Jan3-ManyEyes3ug.jpg

AoSGloomspite-Jan3-SneakyDistraction4ye.

AoSGloomspite-Jan3-GlowyHowzit5si.jpg

That Troggoth artefact on a hag is nuts. It will never die

• Haha 1

Negative rend always seems useful, and being able to basically hand out a -1 with the Moonface sounds really nice.  Assuming Grots will be able to get to hit and/or to wound buffs, they might be a quality little melee option.  Very curious to see what, if any buffs, come through warscrolls and spells.

3 minutes ago, FPC said:

Negative rend always seems useful, and being able to basically hand out a -1 with the Moonface sounds really nice.  Assuming Grots will be able to get to hit and/or to wound buffs, they might be a quality little melee option.  Very curious to see what, if any buffs, come through warscrolls and spells.

From what I remember from the battle report, the Gitz player was able to hand out extra attacks to two of his units via the Snufflers and some sort of effect from the leader. The 60-man unit of grots hit really hard, even after suffering from -1 to hit from the dryads unit it was attacking.

16 minutes ago, Hitch said:

Sneaky Distraction seems like a very powerful spell effect. That and Spiteful Prodder suggest an aura list is something they've designed for. 

Sneaky distractions + netters + fellwater trolls would make those dumb brutes really hard to land a hit on behind a 1 rank wall of gobbos!!!

I was also thinking would you ever reroll the trolls regen roll with the new allegience ability? Wouldnt always doubling the amount healed always be better? Roll a 1-2 it becomes a 2 wounds healed, roll a 3-4 and thats 4 wounds healed, youd never reroll as you wound need to roll a 5-6. If i rolled a 1-2 id keep it as thats 2 wounds back, if i were to reroll it i have a 2/3 chance of getting the same result.... I would never reroll a 3-4 as thats 4 wounds back. 

I assume the troggboss heals d6 due to his height and once again the same applies, i wouldnt reroll a 2, 3 or 4+ as you are getting 4 6 or 8 wounds back. Rerolling that is pointless as you cant double the result if you reroll to regen. I would only do it to a 1.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

2 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Sneaky distractions + netters + fellwater trolls would make those dumb brutes really hard to land a hit on behind a 1 rank wall of gobbos!!!

Might be fun to run a core like this alongside a bunch of high-variance, high-fun options and crazy spells. I hope that mushroom cloud-looking spell is nasty and ridiculous. 

14 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I was also thinking would you ever reroll the trolls regen roll with the new allegience ability? Wouldnt always doubling the amount healed always be better? Roll a 1-2 it becomes a 2 wounds healed, roll a 3-4 and thats 4 wounds healed, youd never reroll as you wound need to roll a 5-6. If i rolled a 1-2 id keep it as thats 2 wounds back, if i were to reroll it i have a 2/3 chance of getting the same result.... I would never reroll a 3-4 as thats 4 wounds back. 

I assume the troggboss heals d6 due to his height and once again the same applies, i wouldnt reroll a 2, 3 or 4+ as you are getting 4 6 or 8 wounds back. Rerolling that is pointless as you cant double the result if you reroll to regen. I would only do it to a 1.

Trolls dont heal automatically you have to roll a 2+ if you fail that you can reroll

24 minutes ago, Charlo said:

Must resist army of Trolls lead by a few plucky Gobbos herding them around... 😍

*sneaky voice under your bed* Ya can't resist, so join uz, ya git...

I literary did see dream few nights ago, where little shadowy gobbo was moving under my bed mumbling some thing... 

Soooooooo.......

I've got new bases coming in, to re-re-re-base my grots (7th ed 20mm squares -> 20mm rounds in the first month of AoS -> 25mm rounds for some of them about a year ago -> new 25mm rounds to match my recent Spiderfang Grot project).  Will also catch the hoppers and squigs and such-like.

And I don't even feel put out about it.  All excite.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Neffelo said:

I believe the mechanic was detailed on stream earlier, that once per Gloomspite phase you pick an enemy unit and roll a die. If the number is less than the number of models in the unit it takes D3 mortal wounds. Someone posted a screenshot in the panic thread in News and Rumors I think. 

That seems pretty fair and balanced. It can't really snipe heros, and will only be really effective on units greater than 5. I think that's a nice little bonus, with the main focus being on the moon affecting your units. 

I'll take the 1 in 6 chance each turn to try to remove the Witch Elf Hag Queen from the board.  That thing needs to die...

• Like 1

Been reading all these leaks from the web.. Plus the official site. So excited!

Now the Manglers and Squigs Hoppers can FLY. Awesome. 

And the Mangler actually becomes stronger near death!! A new for monster!!!!!

Can't wait for the collection to be released!!

The Bad moon separates the Grots from the Orruks..

So far from all the information letting the Bad Moon start from your opponent side has huge advantages! First turn charge with Mangler!! And that bombarded with meteors thingy is freaking awesome! 

2019 may be the year of destruction.. 

Edited by gnaleinad
Excited