AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

7 minutes ago, Infeston said:

New Article about Allegiance Abilities: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/02/gloomspite-gitz-preview-part-1-the-basics-and-allegiance-abilitiesgw-homepage-post-4/

At the start of the game, you’ll pick a corner of the board for the Bad Moon to start in. Starting from the second battle round, it’ll begin to move from one corner to another – offering enhancements to Gloomspite Gitz units that are wholly within the board segment it’s currently shining on.

GloomspiteArmyRules-Jan2-BadMoonMap12mt.jpg

Enemy Units anywhere on the board are bombarded with meteors from the Bad Moon, and take damage.

Gloomspite Gitz Wizards under the Bad Moon get +1 to their casting rolls, while all other wizards get -1.

Gloomspite Gitz Generals get an additional command point in each hero phase they’re under the Bad Moon.

Squigs under the Bad Moon can advance and charge in the same turn.

Moonclan Grot units re-roll hit rolls of 1.

Spiderfang Grot units deal mortal wounds on a 5+ to hit, rather than a 6+.

Troggoths can re-roll the dice to see if they regenerate wounds, or double the results of their first roll.

yeah not too sure how it rotates......but this seems MASSIVE. I cant wait to see the interaction on the battle with smart positioning. Truly this is cunning and brutal...

24 minutes ago, Oreaper84 said:

Enemy Units anywhere on the board are bombarded with meteors from the Bad Moon, and take damage.

o.O if this happens every turn no matter where your units are (assumingly D3 MWs on a 6+, and you have to test per unit and perhaps a higher chance if you are on the quarter with the moon) this feels kind of broken o.O.
On a 6+ may not seem like much but everyone who ever played a custom scenario in which a unit suffers D3 MWs on a 6+ knows that it's a game changer (byebye heroes)

If this effect is more like: Roll one die at the start of the turn and the enemy takes D6 MWs on a 5+/6+ and the enemy can distribute the damage among his units as he/she likes,  it might be more fair.

Let's see how this gets implemented.

Edited by JackStreicher

21 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Another question would be how the mechanic works if there are two Moonclan armies facing each other (or even more). Are there multiple bad moons?

And does each Bad moon affect enemy gloomspites the same way it affects friendly gloomspites units? 

I'd assume it'd be like Beasts of Chaos when they got 2 Herdstones

1 hour ago, Infeston said:

Another question would be how the mechanic works if there are two Moonclan armies facing each other (or even more). Are there multiple bad moons?

And does each Bad moon affect enemy gloomspites the same way it affects friendly gloomspites units? 

Common sense suggests it will be the same as with the Idoneth: there is only one bad moon which counts for both.

Edited by JackStreicher

23 minutes ago, tchad78 said:

The link in the article for stabbas and shootas links to Gitmob Grots...  I expect that is an error.  Would be interesting if they were rolled in.

Nah I dont think so, they would have mentioned it. Especially since there are no pictures of Gitmobs, wolves, or artillery. Stabbas and Shootas are the moonclan grots.

Well you could also use the gitmob grots as Stabbas and Shootas as just an aesthetic choice, but that may confuse people unless you heavily convert them.

28 minutes ago, tchad78 said:

The link in the article for stabbas and shootas links to Gitmob Grots...  I expect that is an error.  Would be interesting if they were rolled in.

Maybe the shootas will get the gitmob horde ability to hit better with higher amount of models so thats why they linked the gitmob variants. As currently only there little daggers are affected by the horde bonus not there bows. So if we have a group of 30 we will be hitting on 3's rerolling 1's!

I imagine Skaggrot can alter the placement of the Bad Moon each turn, the loonshrine may also do that to. I can also see there being a command trait that will either letter a generic boss to alter the course of the moon or gain 2 CPs instead of 1 when stood under its glow.

It maybe also funny to see if our stabbas will become like witch elves with all the bonuses we may get to stack on them with the sneaky snufflers, the brewgit and any spells that buff a unit. Would be quite scary if all of sudden we had 3 attack gobbos with a 4+ reroll 1s and a 3+ to wound! Maybe they will get a death frenzy type ability.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

It maybe also funny to see if our stabbas will become like witch elves with all the bonuses we may get to stack on them with the sneaky snufflers, the brewgit and any spells that buff a unit. Would be quite scary if all of sudden we had 3 attack gobbos with a 4+ reroll 1s and a 3+ to wound! Maybe they will get a death frenzy type ability.

Reminds my favorite deck build in MtG, Red mana gobbo horde which keeps growing and gets sane number of buffs...

29 minutes ago, mcbrain said:

https://aosshorts.com/gloomspite-gitz-with-ben-johnson-twitch-summary/

Here’s a summary of Ben’s twitch commentary. 

The best thing about this was the description of the Scaremonger:

"Scaremonger – How do you scare a Moonclan grot? You wear a sun mask"

I didn't even realize he was wearing a sun mask before. I thought it was just a flame mask. But now it all makes sense.

Edited by Infeston
  • Like 1

So the loon boss supposedly buffs stabbas and the terrain piece lets you bring back stabbas/shootas. Am I right in assuming stabbas instead of spears are sounding like the ideal build option for the core of a new players army? A lot of players seemed to have built their armies around the spear units but maybe GW is doing this to make people buy whole new sets of grots, akin to rebuying a portion of your army over again. 

4 minutes ago, Gorthaur said:

So the loon boss supposedly buffs stabbas and the terrain piece lets you bring back stabbas/shootas. Am I right in assuming stabbas instead of spears are sounding like the ideal build option for the core of a new players army? A lot of players seemed to have built their armies around the spear units but maybe GW is doing this to make people buy whole new sets of grots, akin to rebuying a portion of your army over again. 

Stabbas is probably the name of the warscroll that has 2 options. Swords / Spears. 

• Like 2