AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

10 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Its not exactly base size- but it is a pretty good measurement. Witch Aelves are pretty universally (from what I can tell) regarded as a very expensive unit and they are 60 USD for 10 32mm models.  Can you imagine if these are 100 USD for 10 32mm models? 

Whether the price is determined by base size, sprues, perceived value, or the price of tea in China who knows.  But you can usually look at the base size and figure out approximately what the cost will be. I don't know if sprues and perceived value play into base size or vice versa, but the fact remains.

I suppose we will find out soon, but its an interesting discussion to have in the meantime haha.

Arent witch elves on 25mm bases? i have 90 of them and they all came with 25mm bases.

If we compare the squig herd set to the squig hoppers, the 10 squig herd have no duplicate models or parts that i can see whereas in the original image of 10 hoppers each squig has a duplicate model (same heads, base connectors and leg positions). So i believe it is a set sold for 5 models, which match other factions cav sets that are usually sold in sizes of 5, 3 or 2.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Arent witch elves on 25mm bases? i have 90 of them and they all came with 25mm bases.

Ha, I just checked the website and looks like yes.

But, the 30 my daughter has all came with 32mm. Weird.

Well that certainly makes them even more pricey haha.

Just now, Caladancid said:

Ha, I just checked the website and looks like yes.

But, the 30 my daughter has all came with 32mm. Weird.

Well that certainly makes them even more pricey haha.

Witch elves have always been steep in price! Strange how yours came on 32s though.... i remember when they got first redone for fantasy and i wanted a block of 40, i was so surprised that they were £35 for 10 girls, ive had FW marines that cost less haha!!! But in the end if you save up or get they over a period of time like i did it isnt so bad. Depending on the hoppers rules i will probably get 20. If they arent that freat ill stick with the normal squig herd and manglers.

20 hours ago, Hoseman said:

Today I started to change my spiders legs and I saw that if we put them like on the image we saw they don't fit on the bases... 

Add some terrain onto the base that they are crawling onto/over.  That should let you get some possible extra attachment points and height to work with.  You also don’t need all of the legs attached to the base and you can have some extend outward to look like it is crawling.  Also, if you have some terrain features on the base you can play with the angle of the spider which should also help get them to fit.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 2:43 PM, Malakree said:

I'm definitely going troggoths probably with a couple of large grot units for bodies. @PlasticCraic had some great tactics for troggoths inside grot units iirc?

Honestly though this just ticks everything I want in an army 😍

Don't think that was me mate, although it does ring a bell.  I seem to recall a diagram with big circles and little circles! 

I guess that the gist of it was using the Troggoths' 2" melee range to hit back over the top of the Grots for "free" if you get charged. 

This particular example with the Troggoths might have got a bit more technical, but if it did I can't remember it in that level of detail unfortunately. 

On 12/30/2018 at 3:43 AM, Malakree said:

I'm definitely going troggoths probably with a couple of large grot units for bodies. @PlasticCraic had some great tactics for troggoths inside grot units iirc?

Honestly though this just ticks everything I want in an army 😍

I think that’s referring to having Fellwaters behind or near Grot Netters for a sweat -2 to hit in combat against them, as well as being able to strike over the top of them :) 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Man I hope they haven't fully announced the new kits. I'm hoping for a smaller troggoth wizard to complement the hag! 

You never know, Mollug from shadespire might be a shaman. He is holding a frog in a spell slinging sort of way, and controls a gaggle of squiggly beasts

2 hours ago, Matt Large said:

I think that’s referring to having Fellwaters behind or near Grot Netters for a sweat -2 to hit in combat against them, as well as being able to strike over the top of them :) 

Yeah, nice!  Makes sense.  

Man I'm just so stoked that this book updates and brings together a lot of my general Destruction collection.  I've got Fellwaters, Spiderfang amd Gargants sitting around currently, having them with updated rules, Batallions and keywords is just so exciting!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

So some good news just came in from Dakka. Apparently someone over there called their GW rep about the Squig Hoppers and was told they are 10 to a box. Which makes the box a very good deal.

If that turns out to be true that changes things a lot, the box goes from a very bad deal to as you say a very good deal, and I'll take 2 to start with ;)

58 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

So some good news just came in from Dakka. Apparently someone over there called their GW rep about the Squig Hoppers and was told they are 10 to a box. Which makes the box a very good deal.

Best news I've heard all day, especially if it turns out to be true. That might just change my whole plan for stuff to get over the next couple months.

6 hours ago, Sabotage! said:

I knew the Squig Hoppers weren't staying at 5 per model if Squig Herd were being upped to 10 and both had similar price increases. They are a horde cavalry with unreliable movement, 6+ save. If we had to make a squad of 30 by buying 5 Hoppers for 50-60$ at a time they wouldn't sell.

6 hours ago, Sabotage! said:

That's damn good news, I might then buy those first! 

I have been playing with ideas and background for my Gloomspite Gitz and decided to base them probably to Ulgu or Shysh, or both. As seminomadic tribe(s) with dirt grey and browns as clothing colours and various light greens as skin colours. Planning to order Nighthaunt paint set and use those hunchback ghosts as base for character conversions. And build terrain with lots of dark rocks, cliffs and canyons with dark fir trees, mushrooms and swamps, so lot of los blocking terrain.

• Like 3

Wonderful misspelling, I think you'll need plenty of moonshine in order to play this army.
I'm pretty sure that the terrain piece is going to be essential, especially if it costs no points, that seems like a no brainer.
Maybe it's not a must for your army to work, but I'm sure you're going to see it with every Gloomspite Gitz army.

New Article about Allegiance Abilities: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/02/gloomspite-gitz-preview-part-1-the-basics-and-allegiance-abilitiesgw-homepage-post-4/

At the start of the game, you’ll pick a corner of the board for the Bad Moon to start in. Starting from the second battle round, it’ll begin to move from one corner to another – offering enhancements to Gloomspite Gitz units that are wholly within the board segment it’s currently shining on.

GloomspiteArmyRules-Jan2-BadMoonMap12mt.jpg

Enemy Units anywhere on the board are bombarded with meteors from the Bad Moon, and take damage.

Gloomspite Gitz Wizards under the Bad Moon get +1 to their casting rolls, while all other wizards get -1.

Gloomspite Gitz Generals get an additional command point in each hero phase they’re under the Bad Moon.

Squigs under the Bad Moon can advance and charge in the same turn.

Moonclan Grot units re-roll hit rolls of 1.

Spiderfang Grot units deal mortal wounds on a 5+ to hit, rather than a 6+.

Troggoths can re-roll the dice to see if they regenerate wounds, or double the results of their first roll.

Edited by Infeston
  • Like 1