AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about how to resolve modifiers to the Spider Venom ability from multiple effects (Scuttleboss + Monstrous Mount + Black Fang) that i couldnt find the answer to:

1) Does each modifier only apply to the base amount in separate additions? That would be: 1*2 from Monstrous Mount + 1*2 from Venom of the Spider God + D3 from Black Fang = 4+D3 mortals. Id assume this is the right answer, but couldnt find anywhere to say so.

2) Do the modifiers cumulatively affect each other (1*2*2)? If they do, where do you add the +D3 from the Black Fang? would it be (1+D3)*2*2 = average 12, or 1*2*2+D3 = average 6?

Edited by JackOfBlades

3 minutes ago, JackOfBlades said:

I have a question about how to resolve modifiers to the Spider Venom ability from multiple effects (Scuttleboss + Monstrous Mount + Venom of the Spider God + Black Fang) that i couldnt find the answer to:

1) Does each modifier only apply to the base amount in separate additions? That would be: 1*2 from Monstrous Mount + 1*2 from Venom of the Spider God + D3 from Black Fang = 4+D3 mortals
2) Do the modifiers cumulatively affect each other (1*2*2)? If they do, where do you add the +D3 from the Black Fang? would it be (1+D3)*2*2 = average 12, or 1*2*2+D3 = average 6?

1 * 2 * 2 + D3 = 4 + D3

You must apply the multipliers first.

10 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

1 * 2 * 2 + D3 = 4 + D3

You must apply the multipliers first.

Right, so the multiplicative modifiers are cumulative but the additive modifiers are separate. Do you remember where in the rules this is explained?

Also does the Totem of the Spider God stack with the Light of the Bad Moon's Spider Venom boost to a 4+, or are they like two ward saves so youll still just have a 5+?

Edited by JackOfBlades

7 minutes ago, JackOfBlades said:

Right, so the multiplicative modifiers are cumulative but the additive modifiers are separate. Do you remember where in the rules this is explained?

Another thing i forgot to add: if i have the Totem of the Spider God + Venom of the Spider God on the same unit, does that mean the spider venom affects on a 4+ now? That might be RAI, but the RAW seems to be that those abilities are like two ward saves and i have to choose one, so the best ill get is a 5+.

1-

22.2.4 Core Rules.

2-

It is 5+.They are not adding +1, so you are applying the same effect twice.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

I don't know if anything is meta with gitz, but I think Squignos and Trogg lists were doing the best.
At a local event with like 60 people a gitz player came in 12th with a boingrot bounder spam list. Here's a woehammer link that has the army list near the bottom of the article.

Currently that is the case.

stabbas and shootas are currently just too highly priced, and the fact that the so called horde meta isn’t really helping the hordes but rather makes their live so much harder, also is a reason why we currently don’t really see to many different list of outside of squig and troggoth spamm.

although no matter how you play your gitz, dobby always seem to be a huge buffer for this army.

and very likely will stay so in the future.

Yeah squig herds seem solid on paper (for gitz), 25mm bases, pretty good attack profile, and the wounds are cheap (at least for us right now). Between rallying on a 4+ under the moon and returning half the unit with the shrine they have the potential to stick around for a bit. Feels like they're a bit tricky to get the most out of though because its so easy to lose an entire unit to combat + battleshock.

• 1 month later...

Is having an Arachnarok with partygitz for battleline now actually any good for us? Does it make any difference at all? I dont really understand what the impact of that change is supposed to be. Its not like u can run a list with only Arachnarok spiders because of the behemoths limit. I do like that we got slightly buffed.

Edited by Gitzdee

13 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Is having an Arachnarok with partygitz for battleline now actually any good for us? Does it make any difference at all? I dont really understand what the impact of that change is supposed to be. Its not like u can run a list with only Arachnarok spiders because of the behemoths limit. I do like that we got slightly buffed.

Behemoth limit does not count battleline (because battleline are not considered to be behemoths as far as rules are concerned). So you can actually run full list of arachnaroks if you wish (whether you should is another matter).

2 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

Behemoth limit does not count battleline (because battleline are not considered to be behemoths as far as rules are concerned). So you can actually run full list of arachnaroks if you wish (whether you should is another matter).

Ah k my bad. Never owned that many behemoths from 1 army to ever need it but i guess it would be fun to run 8 of them and have like 80 shooting attacks.

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Ah k my bad. Never owned that many behemoths from 1 army to ever need it but i guess it would be fun to run 8 of them and have like 80 shooting attacks.

Fitting all 8 into your deployment might be a challenge.

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

The only thing it really turns on is warparties in bounty hunters, which can actually push their damage(vs GVs) to a good spot. They have 18 damage 1 attacks. 3x5 Spider riders never felt like much of a tax since they've always been good screens.

I think the squig herd and shoota drops are going to be the biggest buffs for us overall. Just start taking shootas instead of stabbas but play them like stabbas.

9 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Fitting all 8 into your deployment might be a challenge.

The only thing it really turns on is warparties in bounty hunters, which can actually push their damage(vs GVs) to a good spot. They have 18 damage 1 attacks. 3x5 Spider riders never felt like much of a tax since they've always been good screens.

I think the squig herd and shoota drops are going to be the biggest buffs for us overall. Just start taking shootas instead of stabbas but play them like stabbas.

Last time I checked stabbas were a wroser option then shootas anyways.

stabbas eeally only profit from the shield that does almost as much as having no shield

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Last time I checked stabbas were a wroser option then shootas anyways.

stabbas eeally only profit from the shield that does almost as much as having no shield

Don't stabbas profit most from the Loonboss yelling at them to 'STABBEM GOOD!"?   I think you could get the better part of 60 into a combat with the pokin' spear range, and load the front with netters.  At least it worked against my Ogors back when I used them.

I'm sorely tempted to make an all A-rok army.  I'm sure it's not good but would be fun and thematic, if not challenging to actually use all those giant bases, but at least they ignore terrain for movement purposes.  I'd do 2 webspinner shaman, 3 warparties, 2 skitterstrands, and scuttletide, and 2 allied Wurgoggs.  Just need like $400 or so 🤑

• Like 1

I'm betting the real winners here will prove to be casters and endless spells.  Loonshrine already lets wizards get +1 to their casting on turn 1, and alongside Skragrott and Webspinner getting point cuts I can see them becoming much more popular.  Horde lists might be dece, but stacking MW's on targets with The Great Green Spite, unit abilities, Scuttletide and other endless spells should be super annoying, given our own lists will have 175-200 wounds to wade through and that's before our reinforced battlelines Rally on 4's haha.

Edited by Dingding123
  • Like 2

Its a nice legal 1000 points squig army in a box. 

- Army Faction: Gloomspite Gitz
LEADERS
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
     - General
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (270)
BATTLELINE
Squig Herd (140)
Squig Hoppers (180)
BEHEMOTH
Mangler Squigs (250)
TOTAL POINTS: 950/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

There's a new Battleforce box coming out: the Squigalanche.  This is very tempting indeed.  And also tempts me to get the FW Colossal Squig.  BOING!

EKjdJeEZYzql8yGP.jpg

Actually this box is kinda tempting.

If I wouldn’t already have ordered a ogor starter set (the new one) I probably would be jumping onto the red tide wagon

• Like 1