AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

On 5/19/2022 at 6:48 AM, Rangeltoft said:

I was looking over the subfaction rules from BR: Kragnos in the app, am i missing something or are you not forced to take the subfaction command trait anymore? The artifacts still have the rule that first artifact must go to etc, but cant find the same for the command traits.

The Core Rules said that you must pick the subfaction Enhancements.

"Sometimes the rules for a subfaction will give you access to a further set of allegiance abilities. If the allegiance abilities for a subfaction include a command trait and the general of your army has the keyword for that subfaction, then that command trait must be the one you give to your general. If the allegiance abilities for a subfaction include an artefact of power and any HEROES in your army have the keyword for that subfaction, then that artefact of power must be the first artefact of power given to one of those HEROES."

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The Core Rules said that you must pick the subfaction Enhancements.

"Sometimes the rules for a subfaction will give you access to a further set of allegiance abilities. If the allegiance abilities for a subfaction include a command trait and the general of your army has the keyword for that subfaction, then that command trait must be the one you give to your general. If the allegiance abilities for a subfaction include an artefact of power and any HEROES in your army have the keyword for that subfaction, then that artefact of power must be the first artefact of power given to one of those HEROES."

and thats what you get for not really paying attention to the core rules :P

Thanks for the respons

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Huzzah, endless spells got cheaper in the GHB leaks!  Not the most exciting thing to ever happen but it definitely makes a difference in mage lists.  Running Moon, Mork's and Scuttletide is now collectively 170pts down from 265.  Arachnacauldron is actually 10 pts more expensive, but that was already the best endless spell we had so it's not as bad as it sounds.

1 minute ago, Dingding123 said:

Huzzah, endless spells got cheaper in the GHB leaks!  Not the most exciting thing to ever happen but it definitely makes a difference in mage lists.  Running Moon, Mork's and Scuttletide is now collectively 170pts down from 265.  Arachnacauldron is actually 10 pts more expensive, but that was already the best endless spell we had so it's not as bad as it sounds.

Mushroom is finally playable, I could literally never find the points to fit it into lists before.

So with the point changes and new Battalions, I'm actually thinking of bringing Gitz to a tournament I have next month but am torn on which list to bring. Any thoughts or suggestions?

List 1:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Option: Glogg's Megamob
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Dankhold Troggboss (240)*
- General
- Command Trait: Sheperd of Idiotic Destruction
- Artefact: Aetherquartz-studded Hide
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)*
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Madcap Shaman (80)*
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)*
- Moon-cutta

Battleline
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (290)**
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1

Units
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (210)***
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (210)***
- Reinforced x 1
1 x Marshcrawla Sloggoth (150)***

Core Battalions
*Command Entourage - Magnificent
**Expert Conquerors
***Bounty Hunters

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1965 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 5 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 150
Drops: 10

List 2:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Option: Glogg's Megamob
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Dankhold Troggboss (240)*
- General
- Command Trait: Sheperd of Idiotic Destruction
- Artefact: Aetherquartz-studded Hide
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)*
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Madcap Shaman (80)*
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth (180)*
- Allies

Battleline
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (155)***
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (155)***
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1

Units
3 x Rippa's Snarlfangs (70)***
1 x Marshcrawla Sloggoth (150)

Core Battalions
*Command Entourage - Magnificent
**Expert Conquerors
***Bounty Hunters

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 180 / 400
Wounds: 146
Drops: 11

1.) With the first list you have 5 reinforcements; you could split up some of the Boingrots as an easy fix.  Or, have two pairs of 3 Rockguts instead of all three battlelines being in blobs of 6.

2.) You could use a couple of the newly-buffed endless spells with your wizards!  Malevolent Moon dropping to 60 and Scuttletide down to 70 is a nice little boon (albeit Scuttletide's not easy to cast); also Mork's Mighty Mushroom can be a massive swing at a bargain, especially if your own footmen are Rockguts who can brush off mortals if they happen to get caught in it.  The neutral Endless Spells got loads of buffs too, so they're also worth considering - Cogs or anything else that helps Rockguts get in the paint can be really broken here!

3.) Two Dankbosses can be good recursion so that you can afford to let one fight on the front lines among the Rockguts.  They basically have a 2+ save when it matters thanks to Finest Hour + All-Out Defence or Mystic Shield, so adding another is definitely a worthy investment.  Plus both can get an Artefact!

Edited by Dingding123
  • Like 1

In the process of building myself a Gitz Mirebrute. Still need to clean up some greenstuff and maybe add some more shrooms. Used gitmob shields to make the chair. Made some funkier hair from fellwater troggs. The grot is part squigherder, wolfrider and squighopper. 

20220621_151858.jpg.aa9384cc4ff7164d9cbb

20220621_151835.jpg.bff0a0a9798c15b6740d

20220621_155602.jpg.71496a3b2d3fdbfdf0dbd43c69a35657.jpg

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

What should i do with the artifact slot for this list? 

LEADERS
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110) - General
Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth (180) - Allies

UNITS
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (145)
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)
12 x Squig Herd (160)
1 x Scaremonger (38) 1 x Shroomancer (38) 1 x Spiker (38) 1 x Boggleye (38) 1 x Brewgit (38)

TOTAL: 965/1000
WOUNDS: 92

That Rally is going to be incredibly annoying lol.  Especially with Galletian Veterans.  The enemy guns down or deepstrikes minimum size Squigs on an objective by a Loonshrine only for them to get Rallied later and still count as 24 units on the point...

The bonus save to Troggs makes me think Skragrott is a worthy contender for general of that army.  If you can just tell the moon to be in the center so your Dankbosses have 3+ saves for the rest of the BR and battlelines get 4+ that's pretty nutty.  Also +2 to cast makes it mighty easy to cast Hand of Gork, as well as the likes of Cogs and whatever else that can help them get in the paint which can be really big.

Even small wizards become much better with that +1 to cast.  What a buff!  The only thing that makes me remotely upset is that this probably means no book for us this year lol

The changes are good but I don't think they're enough to bring us up out of the depths.

I do like that the loonshrine change lets us build a castle of wizards with +2 though.

Also how does rally interact with returned units? I'm guessing it wouldn't let you rally more dead grots after you return it?

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

Also how does rally interact with returned units? I'm guessing it wouldn't let you rally more dead grots after you return it?

Returned units are new units for most (if not all) purposes and only if they lose someone they can rally dudes

Edited by Boar

On 6/21/2022 at 2:36 PM, Iksdee said:

In the process of building myself a Gitz Mirebrute. Still need to clean up some greenstuff and maybe add some more shrooms. Used gitmob shields to make the chair. Made some funkier hair from fellwater troggs. The grot is part squigherder, wolfrider and squighopper. 

20220621_151858.jpg.aa9384cc4ff7164d9cbb

20220621_151835.jpg.bff0a0a9798c15b6740d

20220621_155602.jpg.71496a3b2d3fdbfdf0dbd43c69a35657.jpg

Mate I love this!! I cannot wait to see it finished!!

Spoiler

- Army Faction: Gloomspite Gitz
     - Subfaction: Glogg's Megamob
     - Grand Strategy: Show of Dominance
     - Triumph: Indomitable
LEADERS
Skragrott, the Loonking (230)*
     - General
     - Spells: The Great Green Spite, The Hand of Gork
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (290)***
     - Spells: Gift of da Spider God, Sneaky Distraction
Madcap Shamans (80)***
     - Artefacts of Power: Moonface Mommet
     - Spells: Itchy Nuisance, The Hand of Gork
Loonboss (75)***
BATTLELINE
Stabbas (300)**
     -  Moonclan Flag Bearer
     - Bad Moon Icon Bearer
     - Gong Basher
     - Pokin’ Spear and Moon Shield
     - 6 x Barbed Net
Stabbas (150)**
     - Bad Moon Icon Bearer
     - Gong Basher
     - Stabba and Moon Shield
     - 3 x Barbed Net
Stabbas (150)**
     - Gong Basher
     - Stabba and Moon Shield
     - 3 x Barbed Net
OTHER
Rockgut Troggoths (290)*
Sneaky Snufflers (75)*
Marshcrawla Sloggoth (150)*
Rippa's Snarlfangs (70)*
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
1 x Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (60)
1 x Purple Sun of Shyish (70)
CORE BATTALIONS
Battle Regiment*
Bounty Hunters**
Command Entourage***
     - Magnificent

TOTAL POINTS: 1990/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

I am testing this list for the next tournament. It is working better than I expected.

working on my gitz list for upcoming tournaments. 

i feel like the list synergieses incredibly weel, won two games out of two so far. 

the -3 on squig herd is nuts, with fight lasts and 4+ rally now its even easier to keep squigs alive!

squigs seem like absolute blenders now into gally vets, the loonshrine rework is fantastic to get +! cast dead easy, 4+ squig lure is pretty wicked, near arcane terrain too would be amazing.

- Army Faction: Gloomspite Gitz -

Grand Strategy: Defend What’s Ours -

Triumph: Indomitable

LEADERS

Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (290)* - General - Command Traits: Dead Shouty - Artefacts of Power: Loonstone Talisman

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)* -

Moonclan Stabba Madcap Shamans (80)* - Artefacts of Power: Moonface Mommet - Spells: Itchy Nuisance

Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)*** - Spells: Squig Lure

BATTLELINE

Squig Herd (320)**

Squig Herd (320)**

Squig Herd (320)**

OTHER

Sneaky Snufflers (75)*

Sneaky Snufflers (75)***

Marshcrawla Sloggoth (150)***

Sneaky Snufflers (75)***

TERRAIN 1 x Bad Moon Loonshrine (0)

CORE BATTALIONS

*Warlord

**Bounty Hunters

***Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: 1980/2000

image.png

image.png

11 hours ago, Critch said:

working on my gitz list for upcoming tournaments. 

i feel like the list synergieses incredibly weel, won two games out of two so far. 

the -3 on squig herd is nuts, with fight lasts and 4+ rally now its even easier to keep squigs alive!

squigs seem like absolute blenders now into gally vets, the loonshrine rework is fantastic to get +! cast dead easy, 4+ squig lure is pretty wicked, near arcane terrain too would be amazing.

- Army Faction: Gloomspite Gitz -

Grand Strategy: Defend What’s Ours -

Triumph: Indomitable

LEADERS

Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (290)* - General - Command Traits: Dead Shouty - Artefacts of Power: Loonstone Talisman

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)* -

Moonclan Stabba Madcap Shamans (80)* - Artefacts of Power: Moonface Mommet - Spells: Itchy Nuisance

Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)*** - Spells: Squig Lure

BATTLELINE

Squig Herd (320)**

Squig Herd (320)**

Squig Herd (320)**

OTHER

Sneaky Snufflers (75)*

Sneaky Snufflers (75)***

Marshcrawla Sloggoth (150)***

Sneaky Snufflers (75)***