AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

10 hours ago, Rhivan said:

Well since this was revealed I've been looking at spider options (since we probably aren't getting a new spider kit) and honestly I think the old one can work if people are willing to put the effort in as I found this on google. It seems with a hobby knife, careful clipping & some greenstuff the current models can look quite good. Pair them with the new riders for the Squig Knights and I think we have some really cool options to play with.

Forest Spiders Modified 1.jpg

Forest Spiders Modified 2.jpg

I had used a d&d  version for my big boss. It was only $6 Canadian for it so I couldn’t pass it up. Still had to alter the legs to fit an old wolf rider. 

I love these conversions 👆img_2075.jpg

7 hours ago, Morhgoz said:

Yep, that seems to be the case. Like bonesplitter Arrers, Morboyz etc, so should also have their own rules which means that moonclan grots with bows became more viable option than before. There where talk in one youtube channel that Gloomspite Gitz have 7 battleline units, depending who leads the army etc. I think these 7 are spider riders, grot infarty units and trolls.

You forgot squigs.  Moonclan already has the option of using Cave Squigs and Squig Hoppers as battleline.  I expect that will stay the same although they may put a requirement on that such as having a loonboss on mangler or great cave Squig as your general.

11 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Bottom left model in the grotapalooza (same guy we see on the bottom left of the book cover) is a scuttler shaman/hero it seems.

Yeah,but that doesn't mean scuttlers will have a warscroll. We know we aren't getting any scuttler unit  kits at least this year. 

Still cool to field as counts as grots. I thought about basing my arachnarok with my 8

6 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Yeah,but that doesn't mean scuttlers will have a warscroll. We know we aren't getting any scuttler unit  kits at least this year. 

Still cool to field as counts as grots. I thought about basing my arachnarok with my 8

Correct.  I was simply explaining @froo comment in my response.

You are correct in that it does not mean there will be rules for the scuttlers, a rerelease of the minis, or a new unit box for them.  But, it does mean that they are now a legitimate part of the Gloomspite line since the grotapalooza box contains one of them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

My local gaming store has the prices for the first wave:

Fanatics 32,50€

Loon shrine 45€

Spells 25€ 

Squig Hoppers 40€

Skragrott 25€ 

Squig herd 35€ 

Thank the lord I already have 20 hoppers. My god that is a ridiculous price for 5 models...

• Like 1

I’m hoping the riders are completely separate from the Squig. That way I can magnetize and switch riders depending if I want to field traditional hoppers or the new bounders. Also if the riders come off, I can field the mounts as 5 more squig a in a squig herd when. Or fielding them as calvary

33 minutes ago, Eevika said:

Thank the lord I already have 20 hoppers. My god that is a ridiculous price for 5 models...

Same as DoK Khinerai.

The internet needs to stop complaining about prices and find a new hobby if this game is too expensive. These will be the same cost as DoK and the general trend for GW new model releases. GW gives you options thou... You can get a BoC army for cheap by ebaying all the old models... I suspect Gutbusters will get the BoC treatment with only new spells and a tome. That will be a good army to reuse your old models.

Gloomspite are clearly not just a repackaging but rather a brand new army with new prices.

• Confused 2

10 sounds about right for the kit, and I can believe it cause yeah all the pictures have shown 10. 

Of coarse it’s not like squig hoppers were cheap before either. And they were only 5 to begin with. 

As for scuttlings, I got about 30 something so I hope they get a better unit profile. But if not they make great netters by looking like spiders and by adding variety to your 60 grot blocks of doom! Lol

one thing I just thought of that I hope for the book is the return of skarsniks command ability, the one where grots deal MW when they retreat! Oh I looovvveeeedddd that.

So new WD has landed. Nothing extra to report but it did give me an army theme idea.

Aqushy Goblins - A tribe that lives in the Realm of Fire to collect rare fungi and lichen that grow in the fire scorched realm. Better equiped and smaller in numbers due to the dangerous conditions and rich rewards on offer, they tend to wear red / orange robes, often badly skorched and their skin is naturally darker to better stand the heat (thinking Dark Angels green)

Squigs will tend to be brighter yellows, or maybe some striking purples to better contrast with the red robed riders

What do people think? Nifty concept??

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Gecktron said:

My local gaming store has the prices for the first wave:

Fanatics 32,50€

Loon shrine 45€

Spells 25€ 

Squig Hoppers 40€

Skragrott 25€ 

Squig herd 35€ 

Well that is all discouraging, I sure hope the hoppers box includes 10 models. Also the price on the squig herd is a bit much. The squigs aren't even very large. I guess it's going to depend on how many of these things you need, cause this is starting to seem like a mass horde army with increasingly expensive models.  Hopefully the conversion to us dollars isn't too severe.

9 hours ago, PUFNSTUF said:

Hope the wording on the terrain piece doesn’t mean it’s worthless in an all troll or grot army.

It's a great big terrain piece that costs zero points.  Even if you can't use the special rules, it will still have use to block LOS or as a barrier on open ground.  It will never be worthless.

2 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

It's a great big terrain piece that costs zero points.  Even if you can't use the special rules, it will still have use to block LOS or as a barrier on open ground.  It will never be worthless.

Sure but if you look at past factions terrain releases, they all do something for every part of your army. This would be the first one to have a restriction to two specific units.

1 minute ago, PUFNSTUF said:

Sure but if you look at past factions terrain releases, they all do something for every part of your army. This would be the first one to have a restriction to two specific units.

Well, we don't yet know everything it can do.  Most terrain pieces seem to have a mortal wound output of some kind, for example.  The summoning aspect is just one function and other things might be able to come out of the cave other than standard Grots.  All I'm saying is that it has value just as a terrain piece that you are allowed to place on the board and therefore is still worth taking even if it serves no other purpose.  It's a glass half-full situation.