AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

Good god, that trailer was everything I could have hoped for!

Huge focus on Troggoths, Squigs and grots. The depiction of Gorkamorka was perfect. Not orruk, grot or ogor, but a mirror for all of them. Spiderfang are present, kind of hope they remain their own thing. Having those two as the primary grot factions would be perfect. Forests and caves. Joining together in a battalion or two!

Loonking is super cool, music is great... and the Bad Moon talked!

So hyped for tomorrow. Working to finish up my fungoid, and finally get into AoS with these guys!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Izotzuhure said:

What if the Bad Moon were the representation of Slaanesh's prison, that thing between Hysh and Ulgu, and the Dark Prince tricks them in order to be released? Either that or to show us how the Moonclan grots really love mushrooms haha

Kind of got that vibe from the Bad Moon's voice, tbh :) Would not be terribly opposed to a twist like that. 

39 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Huge focus on Troggoths, Squigs and grots. The depiction of Gorkamorka was perfect. Not orruk, grot or ogor, but a mirror for all of them. Spiderfang are present, kind of hope they remain their own thing. Having those two as the primary grot factions would be perfect. Forests and caves. Joining together in a battalion or two!

Considering the art of the army marching featuring moonclan, troggoths, and spiders, I imagine they will be rolled in together. Personally perfect for me, my arachnarok has never seen the table!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soulsmith said:

Considering the art of the army marching featuring moonclan, troggoths, and spiders, I imagine they will be rolled in together. Personally perfect for me, my arachnarok has never seen the table!

at 1:50 in the trailer, you clearly see Spider Riders coming out of a cave.

I'm not getting my hopes up... JK they're all the way up to 11.

• Like 2

Yeah I lost it watching the vid.  Couldn't be more hyped up!  Tomorrow can't come soon enough! 

As for minis, I actually hope the rank and file Moonclan minis stay, because they are sweet and they hold up really well too.  But all those (ancient) metal squigs and characters need replaced for sure.  I don't know about the Spiderfangs though; I still think their models are really good, but the sculpting technology has advanced so much since they came out, so replacements would be a sight to behold.

9 minutes ago, Mayple said:

A thought occured to me: what if the fungoid fanatic(s) that have been listed on the leaked list is a Hero?

A fanatic hero!

I'd use it, for sure :D pure speculation though. I am a slave to the hype.

I don’t think it will be.  I think that is just going to be the new name for the fanatic unit.  They have always been hopped up on madcap mushroom beer - which is what makes them super strong and totally out of their mind hallucinating.  So the name seems fitting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I don’t think it will be.  I think that is just going to be the new name for the fanatic unit.  They have always been hopped up on madcap mushroom beer - which is what makes them super strong and totally out of their mind hallucinating.  So the name seems fitting.

Yeah..

A git can hope though :D Either way I'm likely to grab a bunch. Fanatics have always interested me, so any variation will tickle my fancy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Yeah..

A git can hope though :D Either way I'm likely to grab a bunch. Fanatics have always interested me, so any variation will tickle my fancy.

A fanatic hero could be interesting I will admit.  However, there is a number of other hero types that I would prefer to see more.  But honestly I’ll take whatever they make.   New gobbos is better than no new gobbos!

• Like 1