AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

1 hour ago, NauticalSoup said:

Know someone who is set on Gloomspite for their first army, especially the night goblin elements. I'm wondering what staple stuff he ought to include, and which ranges he should cut into besides the obvious stabba/shoota blobs.

Grot builds are usually built around a couple of grot blobs and pumping them way up. Skragrott is great, even if he's a little fragile, loonbosses give mortals on 6s to hit for grots, sneaky snufflers give grots (or squigs) an extra attack, and gobbapalooza has a few useful buffs for grots.

Useful stuff in the army that isn't just direct grot synergy: Fungoid Cave Shamans as extra wizards and CP generators, Rockgut troggoths as a hammer, Rippas snarlfangs as a mobile chaff/harassment unit, Webspinner shaman on arachnarok as a tough caster with bonuses.

For useful allies the marshcrawla sloggoth is excellent, since it gives destruction units nearby +1 to hit which includes everything in the gitz book. If you're really worried about mega gargants the beast skewer killbows can help take chunks out of them, but can be a bit inconsistent.

I've put up a List Buliding challenge for January on the blog, and this one is Gits-related....hmu if any of you have lists you want to submit!

https://plasticcraic.blog/2022/01/14/your-kragnos-lists-plus-the-january-list-building-challenge/

Side note: I played a few games with Kragnos and Squigs on the weekend, was a lot of fun 👍  Gonna be running that for a little while now I think

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I've put up a List Buliding challenge for January on the blog, and this one is Gits-related....hmu if any of you have lists you want to submit!

https://plasticcraic.blog/2022/01/14/your-kragnos-lists-plus-the-january-list-building-challenge/

Side note: I played a few games with Kragnos and Squigs on the weekend, was a lot of fun 👍  Gonna be running that for a little while now I think

If you need any skaven lists, call me.

I’ve got plenty of ideas for that faction😜

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, NauticalSoup said:

All good to know.

So Rockguts are effective even without troggoth synergies? Or effective within the context of Gitz at least.

What about boingrot bounders?

Troggoths don't really have synergies, just the dankhold's reroll 1's command ability. Rockguts are just the most useful because their bulk is more reliable (5+ ward vs 4+ spell ignore or -1 to be hit) and their clubs are rend 2. Worth reinforcing too since they have 2" reach.

Haven't played much with bounderz in 3e, they were one of the better units in the army in 2e but their movement is unreliable and they were hurt a bit by the coherency rules (the grots have 2" reach, but the squigs only have 1"). They're a unit that really wants to be reinforced but sometimes it can be hard to find the reinforcement points. If you've got some snufflers around in the army anyways they could do some work.

4 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

@PlasticCraicsure this is my list I have been having some traction with (as in its 3-0 so far)

I really like that, taking the wee man for access to Clammy Hand is a good shout.  Do you find the 3 Rockguts do a bit of work?  I've always ran them in larger blocks, but I've seen more people going with minimum 3s recently.

I was also keen to hear what thoughts you have on the new Challenge which is specific to Gits (Skitterstrands), so if you or anyone else has lists on that theme let me know 😁

1 hour ago, PlasticCraic said:

I really like that, taking the wee man for access to Clammy Hand is a good shout.  Do you find the 3 Rockguts do a bit of work?  I've always ran them in larger blocks, but I've seen more people going with minimum 3s recently.

I was also keen to hear what thoughts you have on the new Challenge which is specific to Gits (Skitterstrands), so if you or anyone else has lists on that theme let me know 😁

3 of them actually work well to support Kragnos if he gets bogged down with infantry as they can still do work, have a small foot print and are not seen as a bigger threat.

The squigs can be a pain in the ****** to clear, especially in range of the Gloomshrine. I went for bodies over Boingrots

Yeah the loon boss basically uses his ability to let the squigs move more, then hangs back within range of the shrine. His arcane tome mainly to give Kragnos mystic shield. Was thinking of giving him levitate as a spell to stick on Kragnos. Its kinda high cast though so isnt the greatest 

Which is the gits challange?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

The squigs can be a pain in the ****** to clear, especially in range of the Gloomshrine. I went for bodies over Boingrots

Absolutely, I run 36 - 12 - 12 in my own Squignos list.  Downside is that the 36 don't tend to die so you're only summoning 6s back, but I run a Mangler Boss so I don't really invest in the summoning.  The min unit coming back is occasionally handy for the late game scramble but it's not a big part of my strat.  Would love to run two 36 blocks at some point (probably not with Kraggy, although you could).

55 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Which is the gits challange?

It's in the link above but it's basically Skitterstrand lists:

• Your army must include at least three Skitterstrand Arachnaroks
  • Or include two Skitterstrand Arachnaroks as Allies into another faction
  • Or one-drop Battle Regiments with a single Skitterstrand (to showcase their useful role in Battalion slots)

Not sure if you've ran Skitters before?  Deepstriking Monsters are automatically useful, and I think 180 points is decent for what they bring (although splashing 540 points on them is obviously a bit of an indulgence!).  I've enjoyed allying them into Bonesplitterz so I wanted to see what other people can come up with.

• Like 1

Hey all!!! Going to start an AoS army to play with my friends and my university club. I have been thinking about a cool looking army and subfaction and I have fell in love with Gloomspite. Take note that I'm going to play for fun, nothing super professional, friendly weekend games and local tournaments.

After some theorycrafting I ended building something like this and I want your opinions about It:

• Loonboss on mangler squigs (290)

• Loonboss on giant cave squig (110)

• Fungoid cave shaman (95)

• Kragnos, end of empires (720)

• 12 x Squig herd (160)

• 12 x Squig herd (160)

• 10 x Squig hoppers (180)

• 5 x Boingrot bounderz (105)

• Gloomspite Loonshrine (0)

Giving exactly 2000.

Or close to be the same with some adjustment: 

• Loonboss on mangler squigs (290)

• Loonboss on giant cave squig (110)

• Fungoid cave shaman (95)

• Kragnos, end of empires (720)

• 12 x Squig herd (160)

• 12 x Squig herd (160)

• 10 x Boingrot bounderz (210)

• 6 x Sneaky Snufflers (75)

• Gloomspite Loonshrine (0)

Giving exactly 2000.

Thoughts about It? You think im going to enjoy game with this list?

Thanks and apreciate your help and ideas.

• Like 2

@AlvaroVGamer absolutely, Kragnos and the Squigs is great fun!  

I think I like the second list better (maybe even 2x 5 Bounderz), but I think you'll really enjoy running either version of the army.

Have you thought about Artefacts and Command Traits yet?  One thing I like doing is to give the Mangler Boss the Arcane Tome and then the Dodgy Character Command Trait (because he will be a Moonclan Wizard).

It's really good for keeping him alive, then you get the second spell too (Hand of Gork plus Squig Lure are my choices)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

@AlvaroVGamer absolutely, Kragnos and the Squigs is great fun!  

I think I like the second list better (maybe even 2x 5 Bounderz), but I think you'll really enjoy running either version of the army.

Have you thought about Artefacts and Command Traits yet?  One thing I like doing is to give the Mangler Boss the Arcane Tome and then the Dodgy Character Command Trait (because he will be a Moonclan Wizard).

It's really good for keeping him alive, then you get the second spell too (Hand of Gork plus Squig Lure are my choices)

Really good idea arcane+dodgy looking awesome. Im still trying to figure what artifacts and command traits 😅

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this Gitz/Kragnos list came in second at the lone star GT pilot by Gavin Grigar (60 squig what a God)

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
 Option: Gloomspite Gitz
 Mortal Realm: Ghur
– Grand Strategy: Predator’s Domain
 Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Kragnos, The End of Empires (720)*
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)*
– Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)*
– General
– Moonclan Stabba
– Command Trait: Master of Magic
– Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
– Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork

Battleline
36 x Squig Herd (480)*
– Reinforced x 2
12 x Squig Herd (160)*
12 x Squig Herd (160)*

Units
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (75)*
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (75)*

Endless Spells & Invocations
Scuttletide (85)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1960 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 172
Drops: 1

• Like 1

I played two tournaments with Kragnos + Troggoths and the list works very well. I think that the best Kragnos list is the Gatebreaker's bro list but the list can compete with Troggs too. 

My two points are that you should always keep in mind that the number of drops is crucial and you don't need to alpha strike your enemy in your first turn.

• Like 1

Just now, Nezzhil said:

I played two tournaments with Kragnos + Troggoths and the list works very well. I think that the best Kragnos list is the Gatebreaker's bro list but the list can compete with Troggs too. 

My two points are that you should always keep in mind that the number of drops is crucial and you don't need to alpha strike your enemy in your first turn.

Thanks I probably will try and get him and get him painted for next month or at least by summer. I'm trying to do more GTs with them.

Just now, Voltek said:

Thanks I probably will try and get him and get him painted for next month or at least by summer. I'm trying to do more GTs with them.

It is very useful to include one unit of Grots to screen Kragnos. You don't need to be greedy with the Troggs, two units of 6 Rockgut are enough

• 1 month later...

I am able to trade for some Fanatics but i dont know if i should. I own mostly Squigs and Troggs and a Gobbapalooza. Would it have any added value to any of those?

I can imagine using them as a screen for the Troggs at best but they arent very durable. Does anyone have a good experience with them outside of grot lists?

fanatics are nearly pointless outside of a grot army. The sporesplat ones do block LoS, but are fragile and expensive for that utility, and there isn't much in the army that they'd want to or be able to protect.
The loonsmasha fanatics are only hideable in grots and snufflers units, and hit hard but their damage is really spikey and they are wrecked by overwatch.
You could definitely cheese by hiding them in a snufflers unit, but if you don't have any grot units in the army its really obvious.
They're fantastic models though.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was looking over the subfaction rules from BR: Kragnos in the app, am i missing something or are you not forced to take the subfaction command trait anymore? The artifacts still have the rule that first artifact must go to etc, but cant find the same for the command traits.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:48 PM, Rangeltoft said:

I was looking over the subfaction rules from BR: Kragnos in the app, am i missing something or are you not forced to take the subfaction command trait anymore? The artifacts still have the rule that first artifact must go to etc, but cant find the same for the command traits.

I hadn’t noticed that but it does read that way for Gloggs megamob. Oblivious to sorcery can be given out by any dankhold hero, not just the general. Does that mean you can select an additional command ability for the general?