Jump to content

AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion


S133arcanite
 Share

Recommended Posts

so "accidently" just got some more gitz....like a lot more...

So now i am trying to make a list lol

Roughly I now have"

4 Manglers
2 Fungoids
2 Madcaps
2 Loonboss on Squig
1 Loonboss with Squig
Squig Gobba
8 Squig Herds
40 Stabbas
20 Shootas
3 Fanatics
40 Boingrots
10 Hoppers
6 Troggoths
1 Troggboss

Was thinking of running a squig herd swarms (like 8 single units) and just swarm the board/obj while have manglers cause havoc. 
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

so "accidently" just got some more gitz....like a lot more...

So now i am trying to make a list lol

Roughly I now have"

4 Manglers
2 Fungoids
2 Madcaps
2 Loonboss on Squig
1 Loonboss with Squig
Squig Gobba
8 Squig Herds
40 Stabbas
20 Shootas
3 Fanatics
40 Boingrots
10 Hoppers
6 Troggoths
1 Troggboss

Was thinking of running a squig herd swarms (like 8 single units) and just swarm the board/obj while have manglers cause havoc. 
 

If i owned these units i would run something like this just for the fun of it. A tidal wave of squigs. Could drop a mangler for some wizards + boingrot bounderz.

squigz.JPG.e39c3da7d63a5ad561ee832be297787e.JPG

Edited by Iksdee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Iksdee said:

If i owned these units i would run something like this just for the fun of it. A tidal wave of squigs. Could drop a mangler for some wizards + boingrot bounderz.

squigz.JPG.e39c3da7d63a5ad561ee832be297787e.JPG

I had a list with 3 manglers and a ton of squigs. My worry is heroes being killed quick then squigs just melting 

I havent used the Gobba yet, is it any good?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Chumphammer
Looks like a fun list, but it might be worth sticking some Sneaky snufflers and a shaman in there (or maybe take the arcane tome) so you can get the Squig Lure spell. Snufflers give out +1 attack to Moonclan units, so squig herds are a valid target, and +1 attack on those 25mm bases is very nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

@Chumphammer
Looks like a fun list, but it might be worth sticking some Sneaky snufflers and a shaman in there (or maybe take the arcane tome) so you can get the Squig Lure spell. Snufflers give out +1 attack to Moonclan units, so squig herds are a valid target, and +1 attack on those 25mm bases is very nice.

I dont have any snufflers, and I dropped the shamans as just wanted to do Squigs. Could do the Tome but tbh our magics so hit and miss and so many magic armies atm Just wanted full squig sillyness. This isnt for a tournament or anything 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello there, 

Coming back to AoS after a few years break. Trying to set-up a pretty decent and fun list around squig and manglers. This is what I came with. Any comment or suggestions ? Many thanks :)

 

LEADERS

Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (310)*

- General
- Command Trait: Fight Another Day - Artefact: Amulet of Destiny

Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)*

- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure

Madcap Shaman (80)*

- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork

 

UNITS

12 x Squig Herd (160)*
12 x Squig Herd (160)*
12 x Squig Herd (160)***

5 x Boingrot Bounderz (105)***

5 x Boingrot Bounderz (105)***

 

BEHEMOTHS

Mangler Squigs (275)**

Mangler Squigs (275)**

Mangler Squigs (275)**


CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord
**Alpha-Beast Pack
***Hunters of the Heartlands

ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS Artefact

Edited by Champotte
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Had a doubles event this past weekend and managed to bring home a third place running this list for 4 of my 5 games, only dropping a game against a Pretrifex Nagash/Arkhan list.

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (310)*
- General
- Command Trait: Dodgy Character
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (295)**
- Artefact: Web-strung Cloak
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Webspinner Shaman (85)**
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Gift of da Spider God
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)**
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork

Battleline
20 x Stabbas (150)*
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 3x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
20 x Stabbas (150)*
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 3x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)***

Units
10 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (290)***
- Reinforced x 1

Behemoths
Mangler Squigs (275)*

Endless Spells & Invocations
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)
The Burning Head (20)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Command Entourage - Magnificent
***Hunters of the Heartlands

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1960 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116
Drops: 6

Having pretty easy access to -1 to hit and -2 rend feels pretty good currently, and fanatics doubled their points almost every game.

Matchups were; Bloodtoof Double Krushas, Nighthaunt, Squig Heavy Gloomspite and Petrifex Nagash/Arkhan.
Couldve won the Petrifex game if I'd been a bit less consevative with my deployment, but that's what you get from having your first 5 AoS3 games of gloomspite at an event.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How do i use Squig Hoppers and Squig Herds? I got a small game in but i got destroyed. Had a Squig Herd on a objective trying to hold it but i lost a few and a battleshock test took the rest. I just couldnt seem to trample a unit with the Hoppers. Do i need some kind of screen or did i just have bad rolls? Do i need to babysit the squig herd? Where do i position the Loonboss on Squig or do i use him to hunt down other leaders? I think i'm doing something very wrong.

Also for a 1000p list. Should i best run 1x herd with 2x hoppers or 2x herd with 1x hoppers?

Edited by Iksdee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Iksdee said:

How do i use Squig Hoppers and Squig Herds? I got a small game in but i got destroyed. Had a Squig Herd on a objective trying to hold it but i lost a few and a battleshock test took the rest. I just couldnt seem to trample a unit with the Hoppers. Do i need some kind of screen or did i just have bad rolls? Do i need to babysit the squig herd? Where do i position the Loonboss on Squig or do i use him to hunt down other leaders? I think i'm doing something very wrong.

Also for a 1000p list. Should i best run 1x herd with 2x hoppers or 2x herd with 1x hoppers?

There's your problem: your squigs were holding an objective.  They needed to be biting the crunchy things at enemy objectives.  Your leaders should tag along as well, so you can get at least one free pass on a battleshock test for your little red balls of death per round.  If said leaders get focused and die, the squigs didn't get focused and the leaders did their job. 

Basically dismantle games as quickly as possible if you have squigs in play lol.  The light of the Bad Moon helps, since it lets them run+charge and they get free rerolls on both run and charge rolls.  Reinforcing them in smaller games helps as well since the 4 herder models buff their survivability, plus you can bring a few squigs back with Rally when they get whittled down and can also dedicate 1 CP to passing battleshock for all of them.  A Dankhold can buff their bravery on the go, but they have their own bag of rocks.

Edited by Dingding123
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a one dayer this weekend and am thinking about taking this list: 

DAEE1771-BEC9-4E52-9098-90F446A37E38.jpeg.777391e452ed96a3fc9846455652b2a7.jpeg

The shootas, gobba and green spite shaman sit back and blast. The rest bounce forward to victory! What do you all think? 

Not sure if I should mob up the bounders into a 10 and a 5. Not sure if the hunters battalion is worth it. Not really sure of anything...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Yeah, I think im gonna try and use him more as he adds some value now he can threaten objs. I used him Sat with squigs and smashed a Seraphon player

Highlight was a 6x5 charge impact on a Carnosaur lol

Got a list idea for the current set-up? I wouldn’t mind having Kraggy turn a Squiggalanche into hungry cannonballs with that new ability. :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...