AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

18 minutes ago, DerZauberer said:

I find Gloomspite Gits are really dependent on those reinforcement points, respectively the max number of times you can double/tripple your unit size.

Theres several units who compete for bigger unit sizes - stabbas, boingrots, battleline troggoths, fanatics, squig herd...

It will be difficult in a mixed gloomspite army i think, but if you go full grots (with all the buffs and stuffs) you should have one block of 60 as it is a huge force multiplier for several CA, like redeploy, +1hit, loonboss, battleshock immune etc.

I think I never built a list that needs more than 4 reinforcements. The only list I can't build is the 45 Bounderz list and because you can't put 15 Bounderz in one unit anymore, that list doesn't matter anymore.

Thanks for the replies. I'm a slow hobbyist and therefore try to find the subjective intersection of fun narrative, build/paint, and effectiveness. As a result, I avoid repetitive or skewed lists. Perhaps if I continue to collect GSG, eventually I will be able to play those lists as my collection gets bigger and bigger.

Right now, my thought was to build around 40 stabbas, 24 herd, 10 bounderz, and 6 troggoths as the core of a 2k army.

Hey guys, is there a way to conveniently drop a Gobbapalooza while avoiding to drop every model seperately? To my understanding every Model should count as a troop-choice, right? So maybe put all into a seperate one-drop battalion? How are you including them right now?

Edited by Falandris

[b]++ **Pitched Battle GHB 2021** 2,000 (Destruction - Gloomspite Gitz) [1,475pts] ++[/b]

[b]+ Core Battalion +[/b]

[b]Core Battalion: Battle Regiment[/b]

[b]Core Battalion: Warlord:[/b] Extra Enhancement: Artefacts of Power

[b]+ Leader +[/b]

[b]Fungoid Cave-Shaman [95pts]:[/b] 5. Squig Lure, Warlord - 2-4 Sub-Commanders

[b]Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig [110pts]:[/b] Warlord - 1-2 Commanders

[b]Loonboss on Mangler Squigs [310pts]:[/b] 2. Fight Another Day, Amulet of Destiny, Battle Regiment - 1 Commander, General - Loonboss on Squig

[b]Madcap Shaman [80pts]:[/b] 4. The Hand of Gork, Warlord - 2-4 Sub-Commanders
. Arcane Tome

[b]+ Behemoth +[/b]

[b]Mangler Squigs [275pts]:[/b] Battle Regiment - 0-1 Monster or Artillery

[b]+ Battleline +[/b]

[b]Squig Herd [160pts]:[/b] 10 Squigs & 2 Squig Herder, Warlord - 1-2 Troops

[b]Squig Herd [160pts]:[/b] 10 Squigs & 2 Squig Herder, Battle Regiment - 2-5 Troops

[b]Squig Hoppers [180pts]:[/b] 10 Squig Hoppers, Battle Regiment - 2-5 Troops

[b]+ Other +[/b]

[b]Boingrot Bounders [105pts]:[/b] 5 Boingrot Bounderz, Battle Regiment - 2-5 Troops

[b]+ Scenery +[/b]

[b]Bad Moon Loonshrine[/b]

[b]+ Allegiance +[/b]

[b]Allegiance[/b]
. Gloomspite Gitz

[b]+ Game Options +[/b]

[b]Game Type:[/b] 2000 Points - Battlehost

[b]Grand Strategy:[/b] Prized Sorcery

[b]++ Total: [1,475pts] ++[/b]

Created with [url=https://battlescribe.net]BattleScribe[/url]

Bringing this to a casual 1500pt game with a friend on Wednesday. Any suggestions? That is most of my models, other than one more madcap shaman, 2 more loonbosses on GCS, a colossal squig, and a box of sneaky snufflers. I haven’t painted the snufflers yet which is why they aren’t in the list. 

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Option: Jaws of Mork
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (310) in Warlord
- General
- Command Trait: Envoy of the Overbounder  
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95) in Battle Regiment
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure
Madcap Shaman (80) in Warlord
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110) in Warlord
- Moonclan Stabba
- Artefact: Syari Screamersquig  

Battleline
10 x Squig Hoppers (180) in Warlord
12 x Squig Herd (160) in Battle Regiment

Units
5 x Boingrot Bounderz (105) in Battle Regiment

Behemoths
Mangler Squigs (275) in Battle Regiment

Core Battalions
Battle Regiment
Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1475 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116

I also have a Loonshrine in there.

Edited by GnomeChomsky
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GnomeChomsky said:

- Option: Jaws of Mork
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (310) in Warlord
- General
- Command Trait: Envoy of the Overbounder  
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95) in Battle Regiment
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure
Madcap Shaman (80) in Warlord
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110) in Warlord
- Moonclan Stabba
- Artefact: Syari Screamersquig  

Battleline
10 x Squig Hoppers (180) in Warlord

Units
5 x Boingrot Bounderz (105) in Battle Regiment

Behemoths
Mangler Squigs (275) in Battle Regiment

Core Battalions
Battle Regiment
Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1475 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116

I also have a Loonshrine in there.

Seems good, personally I would drop the loonboss on squig for another 5boingrot.

Another box of Bounders is on my list. Not sure if I would give up the extra +3in movement from the GCS. I’m interested to see if the more consistent movement from the Jaws of Mork allegiance could make up for that 3in. Also if it’s just worth the Relic and  Trait tax at all without access to warscroll battalions in 3rd. I’d probably give my Mangler boss “fight another day” and my Fungoid the Arcane Tome if I dropped the Jaws of Mork.

44 minutes ago, baiardo said:

Gloomspite can have kruleboyz as allies?I saw only greenskinz&bonesplitterz.

Newest GHB has done away with separate unit tables for warclans stuff, so its all just warclans, and Gitz were updated to have warclans as an ally replacing bonesplitterz and greenskins (who went to legends).

So we can use bonesplitterz, Ironjawz, or Kruleboyz as allies now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

Newest GHB has done away with separate unit tables for warclans stuff, so its all just warclans, and Gitz were updated to have warclans as an ally replacing bonesplitterz and greenskins (who went to legends).

So we can use bonesplitterz, Ironjawz, or Kruleboyz as allies now.

Yeah looking to see what the Kruelboyz bolt thrower has to offer when released next month

On 7/28/2021 at 9:41 PM, Boar said:

Same 😄, looking at warcom daily if they said something about bolt thrower already

Could be the perfect replacement for squig-gobba if it will have -1 to rend.

Also, there are some kind of rumors for troggoth hag and colossal squig, like new models for them?

54 minutes ago, baiardo said:

Could be the perfect replacement for squig-gobba if it will have -1 to rend.

Also, there are some kind of rumors for troggoth hag and colossal squig, like new models for them?

Rend -1 is kinda underwhelming right now, maybe -2 it's ballista after all. What is interesting whether it will be sufficiently useful as ally, or whether it will just rely too much on Krulboyz allegiance abilities.

Heard nothing about FW models, seems as pure speculation honestly.

• Thanks 1

Hey, I'm playing around this mixed list, can you help me improve it?

I also want to build one "competitive" list(as much as I can) with Kragnos, you have tested him with gloomspite, with good results?

- Option: Glogg's Megamob
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Dankhold Troggboss (250)
- General
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (310)
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)

Battleline
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (145)

Units
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (210)
- Reinforced x 1

Behemoths
Colossal Squig (300)
Mangler Squigs (275)

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 118

Edited by baiardo

On 7/22/2021 at 10:28 AM, Falandris said:

Hey guys, is there a way to conveniently drop a Gobbapalooza while avoiding to drop every model seperately? To my understanding every Model should count as a troop-choice, right? So maybe put all into a seperate one-drop battalion? How are you including them right now?

Yup--just add a leader for the battalion and they all drop at once. It'll also leave two demi-leader and one artillery/behemoth slot open if you have pieces from other parts of the army you want one-dropped.

Hi, Just a quick question about the Universal Artefact Arcane Tome in the GHB21. If I give it to a Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig he gains the WIZARD keyword. Does this mean he gets to select a spell form the lore of the moonclans? I can choose any of the three spells from the universal spell lore in the GHB21 when I give the artefact to the Loonboss on Warscroll Builder but the option to choose a spell from our book is not available. Am I missing something? I think he should get to choose a spell from our lore as he has all the correct keywords to do so. GLOOMSPITE GITZ -WIZARD - MOONCLAN - HERO

9 hours ago, Primo said:

Hi, Just a quick question about the Universal Artefact Arcane Tome in the GHB21. If I give it to a Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig he gains the WIZARD keyword. Does this mean he gets to select a spell form the lore of the moonclans? I can choose any of the three spells from the universal spell lore in the GHB21 when I give the artefact to the Loonboss on Warscroll Builder but the option to choose a spell from our book is not available. Am I missing something? I think he should get to choose a spell from our lore as he has all the correct keywords to do so. GLOOMSPITE GITZ -WIZARD - MOONCLAN - HERO

The unit must be part of the book and you only need the Keywords: WIZARD MOONCLAN  or SPIDERFANG MOONCLAN.