AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

11 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I'm assuming that the Hag is no longer usable since there are no points for Her in the new GHB.  No points for any Forgeworld models.  (I'd like to be wrong).

As Ganigumo said, she is currently legal under the Monstrous Arcanum document. I do expect to see it updated but if she was going to go away she'd have been removed from the webstore a while ago. 3.0 is now officially here so I highly doubt we'll see any FW models be dropped.

• Thanks 1

Oof - I was interested in running Orruks as discount battlelines, but it seems like Allies no longer count towards battlelines on warscroll builder. 

At least Arrowboyz or Boarboy Maniaks have good warscrolls?  Except that now everything can have +1 to save while Bonesplitterz have no Rend whatsoever.  Womp womp

Edited by Dingding123

17 minutes ago, Dingding123 said:

Oof - I was interested in running Orruks as discount battlelines, but it seems like Allies no longer count towards battlelines on warscroll builder. 

At least Arrowboyz or Boarboy Maniaks have good warscrolls?  Except that now everything can have +1 to save while Bonesplitterz have no Rend whatsoever.  Womp womp

Allies never counted as battlelines. 😅

• Like 1

Big stabbas could be useful?
Allies are just straight warclans now too so we could get some Ironjawz although nothing jumps out at me. Unfortunately we can't fit a warchanter & 6 pigs or 10 brutes into 400 points anymore.

Maybe some of the kruleboyz boltboyz (and eventual ballista) could be pretty useful though. We could even garrison them in the loonshrine.

On 7/8/2021 at 8:59 AM, Ganigumo said:

Big stabbas could be useful?
Allies are just straight warclans now too so we could get some Ironjawz although nothing jumps out at me. Unfortunately we can't fit a warchanter & 6 pigs or 10 brutes into 400 points anymore.

Maybe some of the kruleboyz boltboyz (and eventual ballista) could be pretty useful though. We could even garrison them in the loonshrine.

Kruleboy Crossbows and/or Ballista seems to be the most tempting. Most of the other units don't really appeal since we have our own units that fill a similar role. Maybe Goregruntas for a durable cavalry unit or Big Stabbas for a monster hunting unit, but I am feeling meh on that. My biggest wish for GS is an artillery unit so I love the idea of the beastskewer ballista.

You mean Spider-rider bows don't cut it?  🙄

Really seems like the old Doomdivers should make a return.  Those would be a good addition to the Gitz.  A dedicated boulder lobbing Troggoth (like the Cygor) could be a good one too.  Like with really long arms and super big hands but little teensy feet. 

The SquigGobba thing from Forgeworld is fun but I'm turned off by using FW units in general.

So I started printing this:
My idea is to do Squignos, Lord of the bouncy death

I found a skarsnik and gobbla STL so I am going to use them as Kragnos. I am printing Gobbla around 6" high and will do a base for him to make it bigger and then have Skarsnik on top riding him (or on rock at the base)

Finally Got a game in with the spiders on tts tonight, it wasn't pretty.

I played against khorne mortals on first blood and just got bowled over. I know spiderfang is weak but the new changes this edition are really rough. Spider riders were hurt bad by coherency, and arachnaroks are still painfully slow. My defensive webspinner was taken out in a single turn, although it did take some lucky rolls from a wrath axe.

The list:

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Option: Grimscuttle Tribes
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (295)
- General
- Command Trait: Prophet of da Spider God
- Artefact: Shyishan Spider-sigils
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Scuttling Terrors
Webspinner Shaman (85)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Gift of da Spider God
Scuttleboss on Gigantic Spider (105)
- Artefact: Totem of the Spider God
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (295)
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance

Battleline
5 x Spider Riders (100)
10 x Spider Riders (200)
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Spider Riders (200)
- Reinforced x 1

Behemoths
Skitterstrand Arachnarok (200)
Skitterstrand Arachnarok (200)

Endless Spells & Invocations
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)
Scuttletide (85)

Core Battalions
Warlord
Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact
Artefact

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 124

I want to play with skitterstrands a bit more this edition. I think they've got good potential at scoring some extra points for battle tactics, even if their damage doesn't hold up. Scuttletide feels way weaker, i know it was undercosted before, but it's harder to block movement now because models can move through it, and if it's not controlled your opponent will get a chance to move it before they move. The grimscuttle CA being spiderfang locked actually was a pain this game, there was a couple times where it would've been useful but I only had a moonclan hero nearby.

Had a good time despite the stomping, still trying to formulate my thoughts on 3e and this was a good learning experience.

Looking to get into AoS and GSG is one of the factions I am considering. The stuff I enjoy from them are the squigs, wizards and moonclan gobbos, dont care much for the troggoths and spider stuff. I made this list with the stuff I love the most, would be cool to put more squig stuff in there but don't have all the points, also the endless spell selection could perhaps be better, my idea is to be a offensive magic army, and fanatics looks so much fun with their explosive potential, tell me how I did for my first list and how you would change it. The Mangler squig would use flaming weapon.

Magic.JPG

Hi Exploder,

The main thing I'd say is that you really want the loonboss on foot for the mortal wound command ability.

The loonboss on mangler does not bring much to the table without some hoppers/bounders, maybe switch it for a regular mangler?

48 minutes ago, webert1 said:

Hi Exploder,

The main thing I'd say is that you really want the loonboss on foot for the mortal wound command ability.

The loonboss on mangler does not bring much to the table without some hoppers/bounders, maybe switch it for a regular mangler?

I just thought the model looked so ****** cool, I decided for it to be a loonboss so I could turn it into a wizard with arcane tome and was hoping to do some hand of gork shenanigans with it, but I could definatly switch it if its lacking synergy, is a regular mangler squig that much better?

Loonboss on mangler squigs are pretty good, especially when you have bounderz around. It's just that you loose on synergy by having a command ability that only works on squigs. Replacing the loonboss for regular mangler squigs would not hit too hard while freeing some points that might allow you to take the loonboss on foot which you could get by also removing something like the cogs. This guy's command ability is just that good if you are running stabbas.

Another thing which I know might hurt to hear is that gobbapalooza is a bit underwhelming. By removing them and the cogs you could replace them and get 10 bounderz which would make the loonboss on mangler better. Also you could give squig lure to one of your casters.

16 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Squignos is coming!

E6GsJTGXIAcHYb9?format=jpg&name=large

Idea is to run the printed "Gobbla" as Kragnos, then make him a cool base and print Skarsnik also (but normal size)

This was the list I was going to try him in

image.png.16a532c3651815314684f5800d3b7be3.png

Saw your coffee,small world,one of the coffees I drink.Spent my honeymoon on Saltspring Island and many anniversaries since

• Like 1

I like this list. I dont know how to organize it into the battalions though and pick stuff but it mostly has the elements I like from the faction. How would you guys slot these into the battalions? Also I have no idea what the DoomShroom does now as I dont have the new warscrolls for endless spells

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (310)
- General
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)
Madcap Shaman (80)

Battleline
24 x Squig Herd (320)
- Reinforced x 1
12 x Squig Herd (160)
12 x Squig Herd (160)

Units
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (210)
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (290)
- Reinforced x 1

Behemoths
Mangler Squigs (275)

Endless Spells & Invocations
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 172

Played my 1st Gitz 3.0 on Saturday and 1st time vs KO and got a good win top of 4.

Basically Squignos got into the Ironclad turn 3, then the rest of his army turn 4, and it was pretty much done

Made a rough report also: https://ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=87893&p=942116#p942116

took a few pics:

Edited by Chumphammer
  • Like 3

So, a couple of friends and I are starting up a Path to Glory campaign. Because there’s 3 of us, we decided we’d each take two different armies for more variety, and I’m going with GSGs for one of mine! [could you guess from me posting here?]

edit: ignore all the below! I was rereading the shrine, and it does talk about it being new and adding it to the army. :/ Ah well.

So, a question. The Loonshrine explicitly returns units, not summons new ones? So it is the same unit? So it should count for Hold the Line, if they kill all your battleline but you rez at least one of them with the shrine? Does that sound right? 

if so, that sounds like an easy 3VP?

Edited by Fyrm

I'm guessing that while 60 Grots in one unit won't be the norm anymore, they should be solid with Grot buffs.  If  a full block gets whittled down to under 20, each Rally should bring back over half a dozen every turn; +1 save from All-Out Defense or Mystic Shield is a nice perk for them as well.  The 1 less to wound bonus is a big deal, but Loonboss's CA combined with Snufflers will help them deal a ton of wounds anyway which will also bypass enemy hero monsters' save rolls.  

Edit: they would pretty much need to be in Hunters of the Heartlands though, haha.

Edited by Dingding123

18 hours ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

Are units of 40 stabbas big enough for this edition or are people still going 60? Wondering if 40 is big enough as everyone generally takes smaller units in  3.0, at least theoretically.

I find Gloomspite Gits are really dependent on those reinforcement points, respectively the max number of times you can double/tripple your unit size.

Theres several units who compete for bigger unit sizes - stabbas, boingrots, battleline troggoths, fanatics, squig herd...

It will be difficult in a mixed gloomspite army i think, but if you go full grots (with all the buffs and stuffs) you should have one block of 60 as it is a huge force multiplier for several CA, like redeploy, +1hit, loonboss, battleshock immune etc.