AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

1 hour ago, FPC said:

Maybe something like the Drukhari combat drug stratagem that doubles the bonus but at the end of the phase you roll for each member of the unit and on a 1 you suffer a MW. (I think this is what it does) Could be cool. Maybe a choice of a few different buffs?

I hope not.  I don’t want to have to roll a die for each member of a horde unit that fought.  That’s a lot of dice to roll.  I would rather it either just made them take a mortal wound on a  natural 1 to-hit or else just automatically inflicted some amount of mortal wounds at the end of the combat phase.

2 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

I hope not.  I don’t want to have to roll a die for each member of a horde unit that fought.  That’s a lot of dice to roll.  I would rather it either just made them take a mortal wound on a  natural 1 to-hit or else just automatically inflicted some amount of mortal wounds at the end of the combat phase.

Well that’s just an example. It could be d3 or d6 auto mortals, maybe lose their save, whatever.  But sounds like it’ll make them easier to kill/suicidal, so guess is the buff’s drawback will be something like that.  

I could also see something like +1 to hit rolls while the enemy get the same (or some other bonus). Who knows. Just sounds like it’ll be an offensive buff with defensive downside.

Well since this was revealed I've been looking at spider options (since we probably aren't getting a new spider kit) and honestly I think the old one can work if people are willing to put the effort in as I found this on google. It seems with a hobby knife, careful clipping & some greenstuff the current models can look quite good. Pair them with the new riders for the Squig Knights and I think we have some really cool options to play with.

Forest Spiders Modified 1.jpg

Forest Spiders Modified 2.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Rhivan said:

Well since this was revealed I've been looking at spider options (since we probably aren't getting a new spider kit) and honestly I think the old one can work if people are willing to put the effort in as I found this on google. It seems with a hobby knife, careful clipping & some greenstuff the current models can look quite good. Pair them with the new riders for the Squig Knights and I think we have some really cool options to play with.

Yup, that is what I was talking about previously.  I have seen those pics before and they look really good.  You have to be willing t put in the effort, but at least the results are worth it.

They look really good. I've got about 20 I haven't started working on yet and I'm looking at grabbing another 20 more (I was toying with a list with 70 riders) so I could probably bulk up some of the current units with the reposed models to get some nice variation in.

2 hours ago, Rhivan said:

I think I'll need to keep this in mind when I get some, they actually look pretty damn good with the legs split.

19 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I’m seeing mentions of ‘Stabbas’ and ‘Shootas’ - does that mean separate warscrolls for the different Grot weapon options? Have 60 Grots with no arms ready to go!!

Yep, that seems to be the case. Like bonesplitter Arrers, Morboyz etc, so should also have their own rules which means that moonclan grots with bows became more viable option than before. There where talk in one youtube channel that Gloomspite Gitz have 7 battleline units, depending who leads the army etc. I think these 7 are spider riders, grot infarty units and trolls.

17 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

I’d assume the battleline would be:

Stabba grots (always battleline)

Shoota grots (always battleline)

Spider Riders (If warlord is Spiderfang)

Squig Hoppers (If warlord is Moonclan)

Troggoths (variety, if warlord is Troggoth)

Also I think you're forgetting that Squig Herds were battleline in the old Moonclan stuff, so that would make up the 6th.

Unsure where the 7th one would be, unless each Troggoth variant counts as battleline.

Edited by froo

2 minutes ago, froo said:

Also I think you're forgetting that Squig Herds were battleline in the old Moonclan stuff, so that would make up the 6th.

Unsure where the 7th one would be, unless each Troggoth variant counts as battleline.

the 7th would be this

warhammer-quest-silver-tower-grot-scuttlings-of-tzeentch.jpg

• Like 1

Some early morning musings

Can anyone hazard a guess why the loonsmasha fanatics kit comes with 5 grots and a 6th “dead” grot? Looking at the photo of the unit there’s a 6th based grot that seems to be dead, or possibly passed out in his own vomit.

could the unit have some sort of lasting effect that needs a token to mark their position on the board, even after the unit is destroyed? Otherwise why base a dead  grot by itself? At first I thought it was supposed to be a comic relief piece where the grot fanatic crushed himself, but that would mean the kit has 6 fanatics, not 5, and the article explicitly states you can make 5 from the kit.

Just now, Gothmaug said:

Some early morning musings

Can anyone hazard a guess why the loonsmasha fanatics kit comes with 5 grots and a 6th “dead” grot? Looking at the photo of the unit there’s a 6th based grot that seems to be dead, or possibly passed out in his own vomit.

could the unit have some sort of lasting effect that needs a token to mark their position on the board, even after the unit is destroyed? Otherwise why base a dead  grot by itself? At first I thought it was supposed to be a comic relief piece where the grot fanatic crushed himself, but that would mean the kit has 6 fanatics, not 5, and the article explicitly states you can make 5 from the kit.

Spare space on the sprue means they get to have a bit of fun

Im very curious if they use the silver tower grots as part of this army... would be a very nice union between spiderfang and moonclan and a reason to search for at least 3 more to complete a unit (hope to be of 10).

Or maybe I'll take the underworlds band to use that bow grots and the hero.

For warboss I like more the mini of armored grot on the band than the moon-helmet guy, just changing his weapon looks like a cool warboss.

And to make a generic shaman the leader of the band we can put a squig on his hand like the old one... 

We will see because I have 40 spear grots and 20 bow. Hope to be more viable the bow ones and that will make 2 lines so the other should be trips with trip leader or squid riders 

What I'm curious about is just how viable the spider part of the army would be. Could you entirely fill your battleline with spiders, or would that be the "fun but niche" option.

19 minutes ago, Congratz said:

Anybody know what the prices will be on the different units?

I imagine small stuff in line with Nighthaunt, big stuff in line with other big models

What I'm confused about though is that "character unit" since everyone there is so unique. I fear GW may jack the price of that pretty high (at least $60 USD)

19 hours ago, Morhgoz said:

So, we have 7, at least, new, unnamed hero choices! Oh my...O.o

Actually if you look at the warscroll For the scaremonger it doesn't have the hero keyword, it just has Gobbapalooza.

Also it has the "Moonclan" keyword and specifically refers to Moonclan in it's abilities. So it looks like there will be a mixed book with 3 subfactions.

The dankhold troggoth being a single huge model makes me so stoked for the chieftain!

Also the terrain letting you bring back grots, I suspect there will be other bonuses but that would be fantastic for even troggs or spiderfang. It gives you an endless supply of chaff and bodies for the objectives.

Edited by Malakree

I've not followed new releases this closely in the past. Is it normal that units that are not having their sprues updated are still pulled from the web store? Noticed that Moonclan Grots are no longer available. Do you think it's just to change the box art?

2 minutes ago, Clinch said:

I've not followed new releases this closely in the past. Is it normal that units that are not having their sprues updated are still pulled from the web store? Noticed that Moonclan Grots are no longer available. Do you think it's just to change the box art?

I suspect new art, fewer grots, price of the Chainrasp Horde (32,50€ for 10)

Edited by JackStreicher