AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

8 hours ago, KrrNiGit said:

Yeah I was thinking about the amulet of destiny, it is probably better than just an extra negative to hit... 

i ran out of reinforcement points to lump up the boingrots. I plan on using them as screens for my big blobs anyway. Which seems kind of backwards but we don’t have a lot of fast screen options anymore. 

Why not drop one of the 36 units down to 24. Use the 2 units of 12 as screens (squigs are great screens) and then put the boing grots into one unist. They hit really hard as a unit of 10. Specialy when buffed by the snullfers. Propably hard enough to overrun most other units.  A snuffeled up manglered up unit of 10 boingrots really hurts. 

• Like 1

AOE 3 list idea

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders

Dankhold Troggboss (250) - General - Command Trait: Loonskin - Artefact: Glowy Howzit 4+ Ward but if rolls a 1 loses it all Ward.

Dankhold Troggboss (250)

Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95) - Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork (Teleport Spell)

Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (310) - Artefact: Amulet of Destiny for 5+ Ward OR Clammy Cowl for -1 to hit and give general the 5+ ward.

Battleline

6 x Rockgut Troggoths (290)

6 x Rockgut Troggoths (290)

6 x Fellwater Troggoths (310)

3 x Fellwater Troggoths (155) Total: 1945 / 2000 Allies: 0 / 400 Wounds: 124

I dont know how to spend the remaining points? I could guarantee get the Triumph by having less points but idk. I could drop the second Rockgut squad for 40 Stabbas but Stabbas feel overcosted now. I definitely feel like I may not have enough bodies. I know this army is not the best, but I would like to build as solid a list as I can since I'm going to be in 2 large tournaments in the next few months. I would like to at least be able to try and do well or put up a fight at least. Any advice is appreciated

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Can you put a wig and a net on a Troggboss to make it into a Hag?  That would be really good to have a Hag in there. 

I had a Hag before swapping the Mangler and second Trog boss for a Hag and Stabbas

However she only has one spell and no bonus so she didn't feel all that strong. Se is tanky yes but didn't feel like she made back her points if that makes sense.

I have the model though.

Do you think she is a must have

• Like 1

I was thinking… in AoS you cannot stack modifiers, but in GG there is multiple abilities that gives the unit +2, that means that they are now nerfed and only receive +1?

Some examples are the +2 saves of the Goobapalooza and the +2 wound of the stabbas.

18 minutes ago, Jymmy said:

I was thinking… in AoS you cannot stack modifiers, but in GG there is multiple abilities that gives the unit +2, that means that they are now nerfed and only receive +1?

Some examples are the +2 saves of the Goobapalooza and the +2 wound of the stabbas.

The +1 cap is for the total sum of all positive and negative modifiers. So a +2 is still great if you are facing something with a -1 ability - you end up with +1 in your favour, and all is fine.

1 hour ago, ShaneHobbes said:

FAQ is up. Not much changed beside the Loonshrone can now garrison models and can't bring back the Troggoth Hag if she dies.

The Morkshroom spell is sweet and the two changes for the Gobbapalooza are fine. I don't understand the nerf of the Shootas & Stabbas and the Skragrott CAs change to a normal ability is insufficient.

2 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Cauldron switching to rerolls is interesting. I think it statistically maps out to around a +2 so its a bit of a buff.

Putting skraggy or a loonboss general into the loonshrine might work out for us?

Skragrott, Webspinner on foot and Gobbapalooza are the best candidates to me.

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

Skragrott, Webspinner on foot and Gobbapalooza are the best candidates to me.

The ranges on the webspinner and gobbapalooza are a bit low I think.

If we're lucky squig gobba might lose its monster keyword so we can jam a few in there

5 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

The ranges on the webspinner and gobbapalooza are a bit low I think.

If we're lucky squig gobba might lose its monster keyword so we can jam a few in there

The restriction changed from no-Monsters to Wounds characteristic of 9 or less.

EDIT: The Loonshrine lost the restriction of >12" from enemy territory

Edited by Nezzhil

23 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The restriction changed from no-Monsters to Wounds characteristic of 9 or less.

EDIT: The Loonshrine lost the restriction of >12" from enemy territory

Squig gobba gunshrine! 

30" range out of the shrine, and with their LoS sounds cool (might be awful but its a fun strat)

Came with this list:
Grimscuttle tribes

Warlord batallion

Webspinner on A rok 

-General, healing spell, Amulet of 5+ save, grimscuttle trait

Scuttlebosd on gigantic spooder

-Black fang

Madcap Shaman

- Teleport spell

10 spider riders

5 spider riders

Warlord Batallion

Webspinner on A rok

-Sneaky distraction, flaming sword spell, grimscuttle artifact

Webspinner shaman

- run & charge spell

Madcap shaman

-fight last spell

5 spider riders

5 spider riders

Skitterstrand A rok

A rok with warparty

Endless:

Scuttletide

Araknacauldron

Exactly 2000 points

The idea is to advance one webspinner on araknarok at 12” of the other so both get +2 to cast and +3 of leadership for healing commands. The scuttleboss would be ready to be teleported into the biggest threat as a silver bullet (last game I played it destroyed a maw crusha in a single round lol). The 10 man spider squad would try to advance near the araknaroks so they can use the leadership, and also to benefit from a posible +10 cast from double mortals spell. The rest of the riders are for screening and objective grab. 
Would have liked more to use a fungoid or more webspinners than the madcaps, but the points are super thight…

Edited by Jymmy
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jymmy said:

Came with this list:
Grimscuttle tribes

Warlord batallion

Webspinner on A rok 

-General, healing spell, Amulet of 5+ save, grimscuttle trait

Scuttlebosd on gigantic spooder

-Black fang

Madcap Shaman

- Teleport spell

10 spider riders

5 spider riders

Warlord Batallion

Webspinner on A rok

-Sneaky distraction, flaming sword spell, grimscuttle artifact

Webspinner shaman

- run & charge spell

Madcap shaman

-fight last spell

5 spider riders

5 spider riders

Skitterstrand A rok

A rok with warparty

Endless:

Scuttletide

Araknacauldron

Exactly 2000 points

The idea is to advance one webspinner on araknarok at 12” of the other so both get +2 to cast and +3 of leadership for healing commands. The scuttleboss would be ready to be teleported into the biggest threat as a silver bullet (last game I played it destroyed a maw crusha in a single round lol). The 10 man spider squad would try to advance near the araknaroks so they can use the leadership, and also to benefit from a posible +10 cast from double mortals spell. The rest of the riders are for screening and objective grab. 
Would have liked more to use a fungoid or more webspinners than the madcaps, but the points are super thight…

Reconsider black fang on the scuttleboss you can only trigger one effect on a trigger, not both.

Might still be fine but we can't do 1+d3 mortals anymore.

The banner is pretty useful as an alternative.

So the White Dwarf rules are still useable then?!  I mean, besides the battalions.....  That's excellent.  For Troggoths too.

I like that we will be able to take Kruleboyz too as allies.  Seems like they might be able to help us out in some aspect.  I wonder if their Troggoth will be able to benefit from the Troggboss at all?

10 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

So the White Dwarf rules are still useable then?!  I mean, besides the battalions.....  That's excellent.  For Troggoths too.

I like that we will be able to take Kruleboyz too as allies.  Seems like they might be able to help us out in some aspect.  I wonder if their Troggoth will be able to benefit from the Troggboss at all?

They reprinted all the white dwarf rules with a few fixes (like not being able to bring back a hag) in broken realms kragnos. Loonshrine got an extra update with our aos 3 faq that makes it garrisonable by up to 30 models.

We can actually take ironjawz allies now based on the allies table. Not sure if anything is worth taking but it's interesting.

34 minutes ago, Dingding123 said:

Oh sweet!  Can we take Kruleboyz as well?

Our allies are Orruk Warclans and Kruleboyz are in the new Warclans Battletome coming out next month - so, yes.  I'm looking forward to adding more Troggoths to my herd!

Pipped at the post!

Edited by Aelfric

2 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I'm assuming that the Hag is no longer usable since there are no points for Her in the new GHB.  No points for any Forgeworld models.  (I'd like to be wrong).

Fw points are published in the monstrous arcanum (which was listed as a legal source in the ghb).

Just need to wait and see what FW does though.

• Thanks 2