AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

Shame that Endless Spells' prices got hiked so high and that literally any hero can now dispel them.  But at least they're bound-ish?  Idc if Mork's Mighty Mushroom costs 100, I'll still run it haha.  Same with Malevolent Moon; love those two spells.

edit: WOW I didn't read well enough haha.  Predatory spells are insane now

Edited by Dingding123

9 hours ago, Dingding123 said:

Shame that Endless Spells' prices got hiked so high and that literally any hero can now dispel them.  But at least they're bound-ish?  Idc if Mork's Mighty Mushroom costs 100, I'll still run it haha.  Same with Malevolent Moon; love those two spells.

I have no idea why the mushroom costs what it does. Scuttletide is better, and used to be only 30 points, even after the change its still cheaper (and weaker since it can be walked through now).

Moon stocks are definitely up though, throwing a -1 or -2 on an enemy wizard is huge.

Hey guys,

is it just me or has the listbuilding become much more difficult these days. Since our cheapest Battlelineunit starts with 140 Points now (not counting Spider Riders - lol), I often find myself 20-40 Points over the 2000 Mark, unable to make an appropriate cut. The new minimumsize of Squig Herds and Hoppers feels like an unnecessary burden as well. Tbh i really miss the old size of 5 for Hoppers since I often played a minimum sized unit to sneak away an objective - I really don't see the application for 10/20/30 sized units, since in terms of pure attackingpurposes Boinggrotbounders outperform them in so many ways. If I choose a Dankhold Trogboss as my General, I seem to find more suitable solutions though.

I would be very interested in how do you actually approach your listbuilding. 

39 minutes ago, Falandris said:

Hey guys,

is it just me or has the listbuilding become much more difficult these days. Since our cheapest Battlelineunit starts with 140 Points now (not counting Spider Riders - lol), I often find myself 20-40 Points over the 2000 Mark, unable to make an appropriate cut. The new minimumsize of Squig Herds and Hoppers feels like an unnecessary burden as well. Tbh i really miss the old size of 5 for Hoppers since I often played a minimum sized unit to sneak away an objective - I really don't see the application for 10/20/30 sized units, since in terms of pure attackingpurposes Boinggrotbounders outperform them in so many ways. If I choose a Dankhold Trogboss as my General, I seem to find more suitable solutions though.

I would be very interested in how do you actually approach your listbuilding. 

Yeah, 10 min on Hoppers and 12 on Herd make squig-lists harder. I did put up a list here s couple of days ago, with a couple of monster, but unfortunately that means that I can't run as many Bouncers that I would like.

I feel like hoppers are our biggest losers unfortunately. 5s and 15s seemed to be best way too run them and they don't have 2"attacks. I'd actually rather use 5 spider riders over 10 hoppers even in a Squig list since Hoppers rarely benefited from synergy anyway.

I honestly kinda thought that Squig Herds points increase is pretty fair if you run a Squig General and maxing out their numbers makes a lot of sense.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila

One thing Spider Riders have going for them now is they're the cheapest Gitz battleline - granted they're not the best haha.  Still, monsters counting as 5 for caps and that Arachnaroks didn't get hit too hard might be pretty huge for Spiderfang; maybe that's reason enough to run Riders in Spiderfang since an Arachnarok followed by a bundle of quick Riders should be enough to hold an objective.

• Like 1

I've posted a lot of random stuff here as of late, but I'll bother this thread just one more time with my rough draft for my AOS 3.0 list!  I'm dubbing it Skragrott's Entourage.

Subfaction: Jaws of Mork

Leaders
General: Skragrott, the Loonking - 230
spell lore: Hand of Gork

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig: - 110
weapon: Mooncutta
artefact: Syari Screamersquig

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig: - 110

Fungoid Cave-Shaman - 95
spell lore: Itchy Nuisance

Battleline
Squig Herd - 160
Squig Herd - 160
Shootas - 140

Other Units
Rockgut Troggoths x2 - 290
Boingrot Bounderz  x2 - 210
Boingrot Bounderz - 105
Dankhold Troggoth - 190

Endless Spells
Mork's Mighty Mushroom - 100
Malevolent Moon - 80

Wounds: 154
Total: 1980

If other Endless Spells turn out to be as crazy as some make them out to be they can get shoved in in place of the Mushroom, which I won't do personally 'cause my brother gave me really well-painted Gitz spells as a gift last year that I intend to use thoroughly haha.  

It's got a bit of everything, the elites hit hard and Skragrott's Bad Moon control + Malevolent Moon can wash enemy Wizards not named Teclis.  Heroes are pretty noteworthy now - they can dispel or unbind each hero phase and while Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig is no Monster its Redcap + Finest Hour + Screamersquig or All-Out Attack will still hurt!  Shootas can squat on an objective while dealing a couple wounds at midrange, and Hand of Gork helps position either them or Rockguts (or even Skragrott!) wherever they need to be while the Squigs themselves get a ton of mobility from the Moon as well as their Loonbosses' CA.

edit: 1980 for a Triumph is fantastic, as charge rolls can make or break elite-focused lists like this one.

Edited by Dingding123

19 hours ago, Dingding123 said:

I've posted a lot of random stuff here as of late, but I'll bother this thread just one more time with my rough draft for my AOS 3.0 list!  I'm dubbing it Skragrott's Entourage.

Subfaction: Jaws of Mork

Leaders
General: Skragrott, the Loonking - 230
spell lore: Hand of Gork

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig: - 110
artefact: Syari Screamersquig

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig: - 110

Madcap Shaman - 80
spell lore: Itchy Nuisance

Battleline
Squig Herd - 160
Squig Herd - 160
Shootas x2 - 280

Other Units
Rockgut Troggoths x2 - 290
Boingrot Bounderz  x2 - 210
Dankhold Troggoth - 190

Endless Spells
Mork's Mighty Mushroom - 100
Malevolent Moon - 80

Wounds: 164
Total: 2000

If other Endless Spells turn out to be as crazy as some make them out to be they can get shoved in in place of the Mushroom, which I won't do personally 'cause my brother gave me really well-painted Gitz spells as a gift last year that I intend to use thoroughly haha.  

It's got a bit of everything, the elites hit hard and Skragrott's Bad Moon control + Malevolent Moon can wash enemy Wizards not named Teclis.  Heroes are pretty noteworthy now - they can dispel or unbind each hero phase and while Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig is no Monster its Redcap + Finest Hour + Screamersquig or All-Out Attack will still hurt!  Shootas can squat on an objective while dealing some wounds at midrange, and Hand of Gork helps position them or Rockguts (or even Skragrott!) wherever they need to be while the Squigs themselves get their mobility heavily buffed by the Moon as well as their Loonbosses' CA.

If Skraggot is your general then you cannot bring back squigs via the Loonshrine. It changed in the Broken Realms Kragnos

Edited by Chumphammer
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

If Skraggot is your general then you cannot bring back squigs via the Loonshrine. It changed in the Broken Realms Kragnos

Honestly that's still fine with me.  It's not like the Loonshrine is relevant all that often anyway, plus 6 Squigs aren't gonna turn a game around haha.  If I were dead set on running reinforced Herds I'd be miffed.

Edit: autocorrect Moonshine lol

Edited by Dingding123
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dingding123 said:

Honestly that's still fine with me.  It's not like the Loonshrine is relevant all that often anyway, plus 6 Squigs aren't gonna turn a game around haha.  If I were dead set on running reinforced Herds I'd be miffed.

Edit: autocorrect Moonshine lol

I flip games with 3 Screamers all the time. Dont underestimate resurrected units.

Got a game in with a trogg list against nurgle, we got a few rules wrong and didn't have the full ghb or secondary rules.

I ran

Dankhold with loonskin and glowy howzit

Hag with amulet of destiny

Madcap shaman with itchy nuisance

Webspinner shaman with sneaky distraction

9 rockguts

6 fellwaters

3 fellwaters

10 hoppers

5 spider riders

I ended up losing by 1 point at the end but it was very close even though I nearly tabled my opponent.

My thoughts:

Hoppers are still super weak and don't get mortals when retreating now (faq pending)

Fellwaters still underperform for me, and in the new edition rend 1 just isn't enough. Unleash hell is cool on them but the damage is very swingy on the vomits.

Rockguts are huge winners, rend 2, you can stack +1 to hit and the troggboss CA (since the boss is the target of his own CA) and they take +1 save super well.

Troggboss is just as inconsistent in combat as ever, you could do a combat build but loonskin's extra CP is super valuable.

Hag is phenomenal with amulet of destiny, she's just unmoveable without a significant amount of burst damage.

5 strong spider riders are useful as screens, fast objective grabbers, and backline objective holders but still do nothing in combat/shooting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I had to guess hoppers are 10s now because they're supposed to be a standard battleline option for squig armies.

The problem is they're overcosted for their bulk and damage if that's the case. They should've had a few points shaved off if they weren't increasing the costs of everything else enough.

They could probably be priced the same as herds without forcing either out. Hoppers are faster, but herds have better output thanks to their 25mm bases. Herds arent necessarily slow either, 8" move with the loonboss CA, reroll run and charge, and easy access to run and charge.

I've got Spiderfang and 2 Fungoid Shaman....Looking to use the Gitz as my endless spell and magical mayhem army.  If I limit myself to 3x5 Spiderriders I could fit Kragnos in there, because: reasons.

When not using Kragnos, I'd double my Spider Riders and add Troggoths....looking like Rockguts might be the best choice.  I love the Fellwater models, but the Rockguts are cool and I've experienced the crystal ends of their weapons many times.  They ROCK!

Not sure about spells, but I'm thinking Lifeswarm, Scuttletide, and the Malevolent Moon are a good set.  Guess Geminids and Shackles are promising too.  

On 6/26/2021 at 9:13 AM, Ganigumo said:

Got a game in with a trogg list against nurgle, we got a few rules wrong and didn't have the full ghb or secondary rules.

I ran

Dankhold with loonskin and glowy howzit

Hag with amulet of destiny

Madcap shaman with itchy nuisance

Webspinner shaman with sneaky distraction

9 rockguts

6 fellwaters

3 fellwaters

10 hoppers

5 spider riders

I ended up losing by 1 point at the end but it was very close even though I nearly tabled my opponent.

My thoughts:

Hoppers are still super weak and don't get mortals when retreating now (faq pending)

Fellwaters still underperform for me, and in the new edition rend 1 just isn't enough. Unleash hell is cool on them but the damage is very swingy on the vomits.

Rockguts are huge winners, rend 2, you can stack +1 to hit and the troggboss CA (since the boss is the target of his own CA) and they take +1 save super well.

Troggboss is just as inconsistent in combat as ever, you could do a combat build but loonskin's extra CP is super valuable.

Hag is phenomenal with amulet of destiny, she's just unmoveable without a significant amount of burst damage.

5 strong spider riders are useful as screens, fast objective grabbers, and backline objective holders but still do nothing in combat/shooting.

I actually had a game against Nurgle this weekend. It did not go so well. But it was a 500 point escalation and there's only so much 9 models can do against a summoning army at 500 points. It also doesnt help when my rockguts failed all their saves an 12/14 wards on one turn.

• Sad 1

On 6/26/2021 at 5:04 PM, Ganigumo said:

If I had to guess hoppers are 10s now because they're supposed to be a standard battleline option for squig armies.

The problem is they're overcosted for their bulk and damage if that's the case. They should've had a few points shaved off if they weren't increasing the costs of everything else enough.

They could probably be priced the same as herds without forcing either out. Hoppers are faster, but herds have better output thanks to their 25mm bases. Herds arent necessarily slow either, 8" move with the loonboss CA, reroll run and charge, and easy access to run and charge.

TBF, every Gitz battleline is now a bit overcosted haha.  At least they fly!  Plus they can reroll their D3 movement in Jaws now.

Honestly with 3.0 I've considered Orruks for battleline over Stabbas since they're cheaper, hit harder unbuffed, take up less space on the board and aren't as prone to keeling over to AoE or battleshock.

How silly is this list? I call it suicide squigs.

Now that we can get some real big squig herds I want to see how often can I throw them at my opponent, let them blow up and do mortal wounds as what’s left run away. 

If you’re not concerned about getting them to stick around they don’t need much support with free run and charge rerolls built in.

The clammy hand lets you attempt to bring them back from the shrine twice at the START of your turn. So you can both double dip attempts both at the end and start of your turn. If you get them at the start you get to use them as normal too!

BB6183D5-287B-4629-815A-547947B08EE9.jpeg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, KrrNiGit said:

How silly is this list? I call it suicide squigs.

Now that we can get some real big squig herds I want to see how often can I throw them at my opponent, let them blow up and do mortal wounds as what’s left run away. 

If you’re not concerned about getting them to stick around they don’t need much support with free run and charge rerolls built in.

The clammy hand lets you attempt to bring them back from the shrine twice at the START of your turn. So you can both double dip attempts both at the end and start of your turn. If you get them at the start you get to use them as normal too!

BB6183D5-287B-4629-815A-547947B08EE9.jpeg

Squigacalypse!

Tbh I think the Amulet of destiny 5+ ward from the rulebook is probably better from the clammy cowl

Also doing double fungoid as seems worth it 

looks good. Only thing is I might make the boingrots into 1 unit of 10 it can hit together and if they die you get 5 back

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz - Jareth's Bouncy Boyz

- Sub Faction: Jaws of Mork

LEADERS
Squiggy Stardust, Loonboss on Mangler Squig (310)
- General
- Command Trait: Envoy of the overbounder
- Artefact: The Amulet of Destiny

The Thin White Duke, Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Mooncutta
- Artefact: Syari Screamersquig

Screamin' Lord Byron, Fungoing Cave-Shamen (95)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig lure

Major Tom, Fungoing Cave-Shamen (95)
- Lore of the Moonclans:  Hand of Gork

UNITS
12 x Squig Herd (160)
12 x Squig Herd (160)
12 x Squig Herd (160)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (210)

BEHEMOTHS
Mangler Squig (275)

BATTALIONS
Warlord (Enhancement – Artifact) (Mangler, Fungoids x 2, 12 Squigs)
Battle Regiment

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

GRAND STRATEGIES/TRIUMPH
Predator’s Domain
Indomitable

1995points
5 Drops, 2 (4) casts, 2 dispels

Edited by Chumphammer

9 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Squigacalypse!

Tbh I think the Amulet of destiny 5+ ward from the rulebook is probably better from the clammy cowl

Also doing double fungoid as seems worth it 

looks good. Only thing is I might make the boingrots into 1 unit of 10 it can hit together and if they die you get 5 back

Yeah I was thinking about the amulet of destiny, it is probably better than just an extra negative to hit... 

i ran out of reinforcement points to lump up the boingrots. I plan on using them as screens for my big blobs anyway. Which seems kind of backwards but we don’t have a lot of fast screen options anymore.