AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

WAIT. There is a generic relic that is sorta gamechanging. The Arcane Tome makes it so whichever hero you give the relic to becomes a full wizard. You could make a squig mounted wizard for a squig-themed army by giving it to a loonboss on GSC, or a discount hag by giving it to a Troggboss. There is no listed limitation to this, so even Khorne and Duardin could do this if they want.

Also there is a generic spell that gives the user +1 damage, so your Troggboss can do D6+1 damage per hit. Is it good? I dunno, I am not a statistician. Does it sound fun? Very. My Troggboss with the wizard hat and kirby star wand on my work desk went from dream to meme.

Troggboss.png

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

WAIT. There is a generic relic that is sorta gamechanging. The Arcane Tome makes it so whichever hero you give the relic to becomes a full wizard. You could make a squig mounted wizard for a squig-themed army by giving it to a loonboss on GSC, or a discount hag by giving it to a Troggboss. There is no listed limitation to this, so even Khorne and Duardin could do this if they want.

Also there is a generic spell that gives the user +1 damage, so your Troggboss can do D6+1 damage per hit. Is it good? I dunno, I am not a statistician. Does it sound fun? Very. My Troggboss with the wizard hat and kirby star wand on my work desk went from dream to meme.

Troggboss.png

Yeah that artifact is really cool but getting access to it is a bit of a pain.

I'm not fond of the way enhancements are taxed so badly in comparison to every other battalion.

That said troggboss wizard is super cool, squig mounted wizard is probably the best though? You get 5 attacks and can use the mushroom once per game to reroll all hit and wound rolls, which combos nicely with flaming weapon.

6 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Yeah that artifact is really cool but getting access to it is a bit of a pain.

I'm not fond of the way enhancements are taxed so badly in comparison to every other battalion.

That said troggboss wizard is super cool, squig mounted wizard is probably the best though? You get 5 attacks and can use the mushroom once per game to reroll all hit and wound rolls, which combos nicely with flaming weapon.

I had a spare Loonboss on GCS from the Battleforce box that has been sitting on a frame fo so long, was thinking of selling it. Once my Troggboss is done I better go back and make a wizard out of him. Flaming weapon if you want some punch, or Squig Lure where the caster can follow the squigs where ever they need to be.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrFarson said:

Those pt increases seem a bit rough on an already weak faction that's been further weakened by the new edition.

while I understand where you are coming from, we yet have to see the point changes in comparison with other armies. I had rather hoped for GSG to become more viable, off, so rather keep point increase low. but this is something to be analyzed, since everything went up really. A good point of reference might be the LBoMS going up 30 pts.

edit: Yndrasta might be a popular/unpopular comparison, but obviously an unfair example for she is pointed for poster girl reasons.

Edited by Okonomiyakimarine

30 minutes ago, MrFarson said:

Those pt increases seem a bit rough on an already weak faction that's been further weakened by the new edition.

We actually got off quite well, the expectation was a universal 10% because of the smaller board size. Especially Troggoths. Squig herd are the big losers but they were pretty stupid efficient with the loonshrine.

It's all pretty meaningless until the new battletome.

If GW hasn't worked out the issues with this army, which seems unlikely considering the community article and points, then this edition is going to be painful.

Edited by C0deb1ue
  • Like 2

Many other armies saw much bigger point-hikes. Herds on 25mm bases with a max size of 36 will be great. Tones of battleshock mortals and can bring 18 back with the shrine. I already play them a lot because of how crazy point efficiency they are. Still like 6.6 points per wound if you mitigate battleshock and if you don't you get some great mortals in. 

1 hour ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

Their points deflated and crushing grip got much better.

Their points are the same, they lost Look Out Sir, Cover, and can't hide behind obscuring terrain because of their Wounds. They're also not monsters. They're pretty bad. I wish it wasn't true, I have two of them, but such is the way of it.

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Their points are the same, they lost Look Out Sir, Cover, and can't hide behind obscuring terrain because of their Wounds. They're also not monsters. They're pretty bad. I wish it wasn't true, I have two of them, but such is the way of it.

Most unit's points went up so their points deflated.

Put those two bad boys on the table and your opponent is either going to lose a lot of models to coherence or lose out on a lot of efficiency to prevent it from happening.

Yeah he'd be awesome if he had like 3 more wounds or so. Also, he'd need a warscroll update do get the monster keyword so it's outside of the scope of a GHB release anyway. 

So yeah, is he worth 50 points less than Angel lady? Absolutely not. Is he worth 40 more points than a Lord Arcanum on Gryph-Charger? Heck yes. 

All that aside; he was always overcosted to mitigate the efficiency Rockguts and Fellwaters got anyway. They still came out ahead of the efficiency curve too.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila
  • Like 1

CRAZY MUSHROOMS V 2.0, via @Kickstarter

If someones 3D printing and needs a Giant, a few big Spiders or now new also night Goblins. You can also get squigs that were part of the first Kickstarter. They haven't been available elsewhere yet, so might be until the next Kickstarter until they will be again.

With squig herds becoming potentially better a few prints of those might be nice :)

Edited by Fuxxx

So I was thinking about another squig-list that is heavy on monster and hero.

Heroes

2 X LB on Mangler squig (620)

2 X Fungoid Cave shaman (190)

Monster:

Mangler squig (275)

Battleline:

12 Squig Herd (160)

12 Squig Herd (160)

10 Squig Hoppers (180)

10 Squig Hoppers (180)

Other

10 Boingrot Bouncers (210)

Total point 1975. 

Would like to get a Loon Boss on Giant Cave Squig, but hard to get him into my list.