AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

7 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Ok aos question as I'm new to having faction terrain.

Warsroll for loonshrine says 12" away from energy territory and 1" from Other terrain.

Book says 3" from obj or other terrain

Which is used? Or both?

Got my 1st game sat vs nh

The GHB2020 say that you must apply all the restrictions, so you must use both.

The GHB2020 changed the core restrictions to "faction terrain must be set up more than 3" from any other terrain features and more than 1" from any objectives"

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 4:00 PM, MrFarson said:

Played against a double catapult bonereapers list the other day and came out on top.

Ran a grot heavy list with the battleplan being battle for the pass.Took an early lead and bullied my opponent with a purple sun for most the game. My opponent had the honour of being the first person to kill a 60 grot blob and ended up clearing 120 of them through the course of the game.

I got a very jammy unit replen for both units when I needed it and essentially held three objective the entire game.

After playing gloomspite as a tourney list since launch its definitely a grind to get a win now

Hi there!

I would love to know what your list was.  My friend plays OBR with 2 crawlers and he destroyed me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people! Trying to bring some life to this sub.

Are you excited about our BR:Kragnos? What would you like to see for the gitz? Simple changes that would greatly improve the faction.

Would be nice if GW did with Skragrott what they did with lady Olynder (counting as a general even if she's not the general).

On another note, Filip Nica went 4/0/1 at hammertime thunderdome  earlier this month with a jaws of Mork list including Grots and troggoths. Pretty exciting!

24 minutes ago, webert1 said:

Hi people! Trying to bring some life to this sub.

Are you excited about our BR:Kragnos? What would you like to see for the gitz? Simple changes that would greatly improve the faction.

Would be nice if GW did with Skragrott what they did with lady Olynder (counting as a general even if she's not the general).

On another note, Filip Nica went 4/0/1 at hammertime thunderdome  earlier this month with a jaws of Mork list including Grots and troggoths. Pretty exciting!

I hope BR:Kragnos solidifies some of the subfactions introduced in the white dwarfs in a proper book. They really breath a lot of life in non-Moonclan lists.

Otherwise, I would love to see some small tweaks to things like the Gobbapalooza and the Dankhold Troggoth. Gobbapalooza are my favorite models but are kind of awkward to use, The non-hero Dankhold is an awesome model, but doesn't do as much as the cheaper rockguts most of the time.

My mushroom-fueled pipe dream is that Mollog becomes a fully formed hero with a Command Ability and slightly better weapon. The lil' baby Trogg who could lead an entire troggherd. Extremely unlikely, but fun to think about.

• Like 1

From the initial reveal it sounded like this would be spiderfang related, they specifically mentioned grimscuttle. Given battalions are leaving its not too surprising as that's one of the best parts of spiderfang. That said the stuff I would want most are (in order):

Spider rider rewrite

Dankhold troggoth rewrite

Reprints/updates of the white dwarf subfactions

Arachnarok rewrite

Troggboss rewrite

Gobbapalooza rewrite

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

From the initial reveal it sounded like this would be spiderfang related, they specifically mentioned grimscuttle.

I think they mentioned spiderfang And gloomspite (as if they were 2 different things) so I think we can expect stuff for "both". Gobbapalooza would indeed be nice.

I really hope they manage to lower the amount of bingo in the army.

30 minutes ago, webert1 said:

I think they mentioned spiderfang And gloomspite (as if they were 2 different things) so I think we can expect stuff for "both". Gobbapalooza would indeed be nice.

I really hope they manage to lower the amount of bingo in the army.

As nice as that would be it would require a lot of rewriting, although just doing it for gobbapalooza would be great.

I have been putting more thought into this since we are most likely going to be a footnote beside Kragnos, and I think we might get;

• A Skragrott related battalion like a lot of the named characters seem to be getting in BR.
  • Grimscuttle tribe was mentioned in a previous post, so maybe a battalion or subfaction for them in the book.
  • And if we are lucky, a Gobbapalooza rewrite, like how those Fyreslayer heroes got a rewrite.

Since we aren't the face of either major half of this Broken Realms (Kragnos or Chaos) it will probably be minor stuff.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, boombyeyeah said:

I just want mount traits for Squigs! 

I just want ANYTHING half way decent at least. Destruction has gotten absolutely nothing out of BR so far. Sure, sure, we get Kragnos, Mr. Mortal Wound Shooting will make me worthless, but that's it? One cool model? How many new things did Chaos, Death or Order get over 3, soon to be 4, books?

• Like 2

Yeah destruction got shafted in BR, probably because they scrapped the Allarielle book to get 3.0 out on time and  they figured destruction's getting a whole edition and an "archaon" that won't even be in the conversation unless he's 500 points or less (which I seriously doubt, although maybe gitz and bonesplitterz can find a use for him) so they jammed a bunch of the allarielle stuff into kragnos.

We're getting Grimscuttle rules at least (again?) but I wouldn't hold my breath for rules for any of the other destruction factions except maybe an update to the grand alliance destruction rules. Hopefully we do get some updated stuff in 3.0 to make up for it though but I doubt we'll see anything other than the new army in 2021 unless they start churning out battletomes in quick succession again.

On 5/23/2021 at 9:20 PM, Ganigumo said:

From the initial reveal it sounded like this would be spiderfang related, they specifically mentioned grimscuttle. Given battalions are leaving its not too surprising as that's one of the best parts of spiderfang. That said the stuff I would want most are (in order):

Spider rider rewrite

Dankhold troggoth rewrite

Reprints/updates of the white dwarf subfactions

Arachnarok rewrite

Troggboss rewrite

Gobbapalooza rewrite

What kind of rewrites were you thinking of for the Dankholds? I think we can all agree that the points efficiency isn't there on the Dankhold, but unless all-out attack stays for the new edition his command ability is incredibly powerful.

And im actually kind of iffy on whether or not to write off the Dankhold. Troggoth We know that they aren't great for their points. But I've only just played my first game as GG, but it was against someone who has a lot of experience with 40k and he vastly overvalued the Troggbosses output. I think on anything but high level competitive play, they can be a very effective threat with Hand of Gork since he: 1) is our smallest footprint Troggoth so hes the hardest to screen 2) Fellwaters don't have the shooting range to shoot out of deepstrike, and Rockguts need 6 to get their guaranteed mortal wound ability, so Dankholds lack of range is not as serious a drawback as it could be 3) They have 10 wounds that don't degrade or force a bravery check after the first 4 wounds.

So based on that my inclination went from it completely being a warscroll flaw to just a points issue. And i could actually accept them being less efficient that Rockguts if the gap were a bit smaller.

@Sinfullyvannila Regarding the dank rewrite I'd like to see something along these lines and actually across all larger based units similar to him. 

Give them two seperate attack options. The first would be just as is now or slighlty different, im not a math hammer type. The second would be similar to the chainghast attack. Here it is for reference. 

2088322226_Screenshot_20210526-184211_WHAoS.jpg.7a0d8765bea594652f96b3f4088c2a6d.jpg

This would allow them to either tackle small elite units or deal with hordes like the giant elite unit its supposed to be for us. Hell, increase the unit cost to compensate but i think this would go a long way in accurately portraying these beasts as our elite units. 

Just my opinion. 

Edited by Vasshpit

5 hours ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

What kind of rewrites were you thinking of for the Dankholds? I think we can all agree that the points efficiency isn't there on the Dankhold, but unless all-out attack stays for the new edition his command ability is incredibly powerful.

And im actually kind of iffy on whether or not to write off the Dankhold. Troggoth We know that they aren't great for their points. But I've only just played my first game as GG, but it was against someone who has a lot of experience with 40k and he vastly overvalued the Troggbosses output. I think on anything but high level competitive play, they can be a very effective threat with Hand of Gork since he: 1) is our smallest footprint Troggoth so hes the hardest to screen 2) Fellwaters don't have the shooting range to shoot out of deepstrike, and Rockguts need 6 to get their guaranteed mortal wound ability, so Dankholds lack of range is not as serious a drawback as it could be 3) They have 10 wounds that don't degrade or force a bravery check after the first 4 wounds.

So based on that my inclination went from it completely being a warscroll flaw to just a points issue. And i could actually accept them being less efficient that Rockguts if the gap were a bit smaller.

Personally I like the Dankhold Troggoth, but I originally come from 40k where distraction carnifexes are more of a thing, and I think it's funny when he takes all the arrows because he is the tallest one in my army. Obviously the tall ones are the scariest. I don't think he is bad in a vacuum, but Rockguts just feel better with their consistent 3 damage and better ability in the boulder throwing. I think they mostly need a lower points cost or minor tweak (like maybe +1 attack on the club, or maybe a buff to Squiggly Beasts).

16 hours ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

Dankhold Troggoths are roughly comparable in power to 3 rockguts/fellwaters but cost 50-60 points more. We could just point them at 140-150 but I'd rather a rewrite that has them hit like a 200 point unit since it feels like they should be that kind of elite unit. literally just an improved weapon profile would be enough (another attack and either more consistent damage or an extra point of Rend).

I think the Troggboss is actually fine, but you should give him the same upgrade you give the dankhold. Being a hero, and one with a lot of wounds at that, makes him pretty useful.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:43 AM, Ganigumo said:

We're getting Grimscuttle rules at least (again?) but I wouldn't hold my breath for rules for any of the other destruction factions except maybe an update to the grand alliance destruction rules. Hopefully we do get some updated stuff in 3.0 to make up for it though but I doubt we'll see anything other than the new army in 2021 unless they start churning out battletomes in quick succession again.

I've been thinking about this and I really hope we do get stuff for moonclans in BR:Kragnos.

If the rumours are true and 3rd edition puts a cap of -1 on to hit modifiers it would completely remove the synergy of spiderfang shaman and madcap shaman with stabbas. Would be a big blow to all 3. And also to the gobbapalooza because of shroomancer...

So hopefully they do have a plan for gitz... I guess we'll see on saturday.

44 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Laaaaaaame...the separate allegiances are nice but the battalions really solidified them, which are going away so... 

From the leaked Kragnos points page it seems that the battalions are in the Kragnos book. ( and  nothing else) 

59 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Laaaaaaame...the separate allegiances are nice but the battalions really solidified them, which are going away so... 

yeah the battalions are kind of a waste of print space at this point. plus why would you pay for them again after spending £15 on white dwarf magazines already....

Edited by C0deb1ue

3 hours ago, Zappgrot said:

From the leaked Kragnos points page it seems that the battalions are in the Kragnos book. ( and  nothing else) 

This is certainly the case. Number 3, 4 & 6 are the Grimscuttle battallions. Number 5 is Moon-biter Squigalanche. Numbers 1 & 2 are the Moon-jumper Stampede and Stomping Megamob.

34 minutes ago, Gobboz said:

We should have known that we weren't going to get anything new since we got stuff in 3 successive white dwarfs :(

I'm still waiting for the battletome rewrite to happen and less of these stalling rules that don't fix our issues. Improvements seem a really long way away.