Jump to content

AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion


S133arcanite
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

The rumours so far (that I’ve seen) have been that they’ll be Hobgoblins; bigger than normal goblins but smaller than Orruks. And the person said they saw wolf riders in the 3.0 starter box.

I too don’t want to jump on a hype train... but it’s hard haha. 

In wfb the goblin wolfriders replaced the hobgoblin ones and had a similar aesthetic. This is because hobgoblins were notoriously unpopular.

Also considering hobgoblins don't exist in aos yet, and gitmob is continuing to show up despite being squatted (rippa and the skragrott BR story) if we're getting destruction wolfriders it's almost certainly gitmob.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Chumphammer my first thought is having a 15 strong Boingrot unit might be worth trying.

The Mortals check only cares about number of minis in the unit no proximity requirement, leverages the Snufflers buff better and you'll get 8 back from the Shrine after they get wiped the first time.

 

Edited by Eldarain
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey all, 

So after dabbling with Squigs and Troggs for a while, I want to put together a Grot-exclusive list, but don't really know where to start with it. Anyone have any good 1000-point lists? I found one on this thread earlier from @KrrNiGit, but I don't think it works for 1000 point games due to Battleline constraints... 

Thanks for the help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Eldarain said:

@Chumphammer my first thought is having a 15 strong Boingrot unit might be worth trying.

The Mortals check only cares about number of minis in the unit no proximity requirement, leverages the Snufflers buff better and you'll get 8 back from the Shrine after they get wiped the first time.

 

So a unit of 15 and a unit of 5?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


[b]++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Destruction - Gloomspite Gitz) [1,990pts] ++[/b]

[b]+ Leader +[/b]

[b]Fungoid Cave-Shaman [90pts]:[/b] 4. The Hand of Gork

[b]Madcap Shaman [80pts]:[/b] 2. Moonface Mommet, 5. Squig Lure

[b]+ Behemoth +[/b]

[b]Colossal Squig [300pts][/b]

[b]+ Battalion +[/b]

[b]Super Battalion: Moon-biter Squigalanche [1,520pts][/b]
. [b]Battalion: Moon-jumper Stampede[/b]
. . Boingrot Bounders: 2x 5 Boingrot Bounderz
. . Squig Hoppers: 5 Squig Hoppers
. . Squig Hoppers: 5 Squig Hoppers
. Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig: Syari Screamersquig
. Loonboss on Mangler Squigs: 5. The Clammy Cowl, Envoy of the Overbounder, General - Loonboss on Squig
. Mangler Squigs
. Squig Herd: 2x 5 Squigs & Squig Herder
. Squig Herd: 2x 5 Squigs & Squig Herder

[b]+ Allegiance +[/b]

[b]Allegiance[/b]
. Gloomspite Gitz: Jaws of Mork

[b]+ Game Options +[/b]

[b]Game Type:[/b] 2000 Points - Battlehost

[b]+ Scenery +[/b]

[b]Bad Moon Loonshrine[/b]

[b]++ Total: [1,990pts] ++[/b]

Created with [url=https://battlescribe.net]BattleScribe[/url]
 

so I just recently played a game with this list against a friend whole whole army was 2 3 man squads of stormfiends a 6 man of stormfiends, Thanqual, and two doom wheels. I got stomped hard after pretty much all of my units bouncing off them before getting shot to death or clubbed in melee. 
Seemed like a very one sided game and I got pretty salty. What could I have done to deal with that list.

 

Thanks guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GnomeChomsky said:


[b]++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Destruction - Gloomspite Gitz) [1,990pts] ++[/b]

[b]+ Leader +[/b]

[b]Fungoid Cave-Shaman [90pts]:[/b] 4. The Hand of Gork

[b]Madcap Shaman [80pts]:[/b] 2. Moonface Mommet, 5. Squig Lure

[b]+ Behemoth +[/b]

[b]Colossal Squig [300pts][/b]

[b]+ Battalion +[/b]

[b]Super Battalion: Moon-biter Squigalanche [1,520pts][/b]
. [b]Battalion: Moon-jumper Stampede[/b]
. . Boingrot Bounders: 2x 5 Boingrot Bounderz
. . Squig Hoppers: 5 Squig Hoppers
. . Squig Hoppers: 5 Squig Hoppers
. Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig: Syari Screamersquig
. Loonboss on Mangler Squigs: 5. The Clammy Cowl, Envoy of the Overbounder, General - Loonboss on Squig
. Mangler Squigs
. Squig Herd: 2x 5 Squigs & Squig Herder
. Squig Herd: 2x 5 Squigs & Squig Herder

[b]+ Allegiance +[/b]

[b]Allegiance[/b]
. Gloomspite Gitz: Jaws of Mork

[b]+ Game Options +[/b]

[b]Game Type:[/b] 2000 Points - Battlehost

[b]+ Scenery +[/b]

[b]Bad Moon Loonshrine[/b]

[b]++ Total: [1,990pts] ++[/b]

Created with [url=https://battlescribe.net]BattleScribe[/url]
 

so I just recently played a game with this list against a friend whole whole army was 2 3 man squads of stormfiends a 6 man of stormfiends, Thanqual, and two doom wheels. I got stomped hard after pretty much all of my units bouncing off them before getting shot to death or clubbed in melee. 
Seemed like a very one sided game and I got pretty salty. What could I have done to deal with that list.

 

Thanks guys.

Avoid the multiple combats, if you need to retreat do it. You must try to fight weak units or only one strong unit when you charge, and finally, you must use your mobility to hunt their shooting units flanking them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The mission type we were playing was the one with only two objectives , one in the middle of each deployment zone. Then you have to hold both for a whole turn starting on turn 3. So all he had to do was castle in his deployment zone. 
I could see the game being a little closer if my hoppers and squig herd actually had a purpose that game if thier were more objectives. It was a pretty feels bad game unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Chumphammer what I'd do is omit 12 Squig Herds to get a unit of those Bounderz to 15 and add the Malevolent Moon endless spell.  The Moon can really trip up enemy wizards - especially alongside the Bad Moon and your wizards' dispell attempts -immediately separating itself 22" from the wizard that casts it and having a 9" aura.  Even if the other army doesn't have wizards, d3 mortals on a 2-up to every unit it passes over is really nice, especially for a casting value of 6.

Squig Herds are cool, but they can make frontlines crammed pretty fast in your big charge phase.  A unit of only 6 models is still serviceable as it can still screen/meatshield for your more valuable units or just sit on an objective while everything else charges in.

Edited by Dingding123
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Docthe3rd said:

Hey all, 

So after dabbling with Squigs and Troggs for a while, I want to put together a Grot-exclusive list, but don't really know where to start with it. Anyone have any good 1000-point lists? I found one on this thread earlier from @KrrNiGit, but I don't think it works for 1000 point games due to Battleline constraints... 

Thanks for the help!

@Docthe3rd

You can squeeze in a squig herd for your second battleline and run pretty much the same thing. 

 

252FC58A-BC99-4D5A-A667-0A8F6A5CD0B8.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, KrrNiGit said:

@Docthe3rd

You can squeeze in a squig herd for your second battleline and run pretty much the same thing. 

 

252FC58A-BC99-4D5A-A667-0A8F6A5CD0B8.jpeg

You're a saint, although I have a quick question - you have an Endless Spell in there, but not the battalion for the Gobbapalooza. Is that an oversight? Or did you change it in order to fit in the extra battle line?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Docthe3rd said:

You're a saint, although I have a quick question - you have an Endless Spell in there, but not the battalion for the Gobbapalooza. Is that an oversight? Or did you change it in order to fit in the extra battle line?

Yeah it just came down to points... the battalion didn’t fit but i did have room for scuttletide. The scuttletide might be the best endless spell we’ve got. 

If you drop the endless spell you can either pick up an extra command point (always useful) or upgrade your loonboss to the one with giant cave squig for a tiny bit extra punch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KrrNiGit said:

Yeah it just came down to points... the battalion didn’t fit but i did have room for scuttletide. The scuttletide might be the best endless spell we’ve got. 

If you drop the endless spell you can either pick up an extra command point (always useful) or upgrade your loonboss to the one with giant cave squig for a tiny bit extra punch.

I actually ran the numbers earlier this wee and Loonboss with Cave Squig is a beast haha!  -1 to hit, a decent shooting attack AND hits like a truck (for the pts, at least)! 

Definitely worth leading the charge with alongside a bunch of Grots.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Folks,

After a false start about a year ago, I'm now in a position to get into AoS, and where better to look than the Gitz! I'm aiming to lean into Gobbos, as I just love the models and the concept. I'm aware that Gitz of any variety are about as far from competitive as armies get, but I was hoping to get your impressions and advice regarding the following list:


Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Dead Shouty  
- Artefact: Syari Screamersquig  
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure
18 x Squig Herd (210)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)
Mangler Squigs (240)
Moon-Biter Squigalanche (90)
Moon-Jumper Stampede (140)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 158

Edited by TonyH122
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TonyH122 said:

Hi Folks,

After a false start about a year ago, I'm now in a position to get into AoS, and where better to look than the Gitz! I'm aiming to lean into Gobbos, as I just love the models and the concept. I'm aware that Gitz of any variety are about as far from competitive as armies get, but I was hoping to get your impressions and advice regarding the following list:


Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Dead Shouty  
- Artefact: Syari Screamersquig  
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure
18 x Squig Herd (210)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)
Mangler Squigs (240)
Moon-Biter Squigalanche (90)
Moon-Jumper Stampede (140)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 158

atm you are not using 2 of your artifacts. Tbh give the faction on to squig mounted loonboss and get the clammy cowl on the mangler loonboss

you could go for both fungoid cave shamans but limits you to realm artifacts for your 3rd, or could switch to a madcap shaman to get one form the book. Depends how much you want those 4+ CP

 "18 x Squig Herd (210)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)"

Interests me as gives 2 max units of bounders, atm i am looking at 


18 x Squig Herd 
18 x Squig Herd 
5 x Squig Hoppers 
10 x Boingrot Bounderz 
10 x Boingrot Bounderz 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2021 at 11:46 AM, Vasshpit said:

@Aelfric If the rumors are true then we will be seeing a gitmob refresh in the next starter set then these glory days may be right around the corner again.

🤞

I've never wanted a rumor to be more true... Dwarves and Goblins are my jam, so getting half of that in a starter set is dope

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey all my fellow fans of the dank. I just wanted to share a pic of a project I'm working on. Just finished assembling my first updated grot model. It still needs some putty but its all glued and dried. Pretty happy with how these look and I think I'll be going forward with this project. It really updates the basic grot kit. 

20210428_172617.jpg.e1d5864779ea87d8948c71c7bcf29d28.jpg

• Head from fanatics ( hood tale cut and repositioned backwards)

• Body from snufflers (spider backpack removed)

• Quiver from basic grot (hand filed off)

• Hands/ bow from ungors. 

I have other plans for netters, champion, banners, musician but these turned out really cool with a very updated look. 

Whoever sculpted the fanatics, snufflers, squig herders, and the mangler rider grots really did a fantastic job. 

Just my luck and Gdubs throws a curveball and will update them right after I'm done  😅 but I dont think they will for awhile as their proportions match the hopper riders. 

I just hope the new rumored gitmob are made by the above mentioned artist(s).

Anyhoo, hope you like it so far. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played against a double catapult bonereapers list the other day and came out on top.

 

Ran a grot heavy list with the battleplan being battle for the pass.Took an early lead and bullied my opponent with a purple sun for most the game. My opponent had the honour of being the first person to kill a 60 grot blob and ended up clearing 120 of them through the course of the game.

I got a very jammy unit replen for both units when I needed it and essentially held three objective the entire game.

After playing gloomspite as a tourney list since launch its definitely a grind to get a win now

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gloomspite Gitz are getting stuff in BR Kragnos according to the livestream, they also mention Grimscuttles specifically

prediction is that may do a Nighthaunt and takes the WD battalions rules and integrated them more into the Sub-alligances rules since rumor is that Battalions are going away soon in match play

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, novakai said:

Gloomspite Gitz are getting stuff in BR Kragnos according to the livestream, they also mention Grimscuttles specifically

prediction is that may do a Nighthaunt and takes the WD battalions rules and integrated them more into the Sub-alligances rules since rumor is that Battalions are going away soon in match play

 

Hopefully they turn up the grimscuttle rules if we're going to be losing battalions, they were one of the best parts of it.

I'm not gonna hold my breath on warscroll rewrites though, spider riders definitely need it, but so do arachnaroks and that's 4 warscrolls (the shaman is actually fine but it would be weird to leave it when you do the others)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...