AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

6 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Hey friends, getting back into Sigmar with Lumineth and also wanna get back into my Gitz again. How do Troggbosses perform these days? They worth the points? I was considering going a mixed list of Gitz, Squigs and Troggs. 

Troggbosses are worse than ever. The random damage is a pain and they are only fine if your intention is to play Megamob sub alliance. 😢

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Troggbosses are worse than ever. The random damage is a pain and they are only fine if your intention is to play Megamob sub alliance. 😢

This is a big shame. I really hope we get a Battletome update soon for some of our balance issues to be resolved. I LOVE this faction so much, but I struggle to do well with them against my friends in friendly games :S 

Was hoping something had changed since then with points or something.

Edited by Tiberius501

Do you want to kill some things with grots? Not squigs, not spiders, not troggs but grots? I did once. And some things did die, though they were mostly grots. 

Here is how I did it. First I will outline the core component for the grot blender before going over how you can turn it up to 11 (-1 for nettas, -1 for the shroomy and -1 for the webspinner… so 8 really).

Minimum blend:

1 unit of 60 grot Stabbas

1 unit of Fungus Fanatics

1 unit of Snufflers

1 Loonboss

= 620 points of slightly scary death

If the Stabba blob is wholly within 12 inches of the fanatics in your command phase they get +1 attack. If they are wholly within 12 inches of the Snufflers in the movement phase the Snufflers can give up their move to add an additional +1 attack. This is the heart of the blender: 3 attack grots and 5 attack nettas! That’s a maximum of 288 attacks from 60 grots.In reality, it is never going to be that much, but it will be a bunch and can surprise you and your opponent.

The Loonboss has a command ability to give the blob mortal wounds in addition on 6’s to wound. This won’t do a lot, but a handful of mortal wounds will help it against high armour or ethereal units. While not being game breaking it is an important tool that will help you out grind the other grindy units out there. This ability is also wholly within 12 inches and costs a command point, or if the Loonboss is your general it’s wholly within 24 inches, and if he has the dead shouty command trait it’s free.

Maximum blend:

1 unit of 60 grot Stabbas

1 unit of Fungus Fanatics

1 unit of Snufflers

1 Loonboss

1 Gobbapalooza (plus battalion)

1 Madcap Shaman (plus Moonface Mommet)

= 990 points of slightly more scary death

The addition of the Gobbapalooza adds some more buffs to your Stabbas. Rerolling 1s to wound from the Spiker when you are wounding on 2s and scoring mortals on 6s is probably the best. Scaremonger will save you some command points letting the unit reroll runs and charges. The Brewgit lets your Loonboss reroll hits and wounds which is meh… The two wizards have some crazy spells. The Shroomancer giving an enemy an additional -1 to hit (with your nets they should be at -2) and -1 to their save is strong, but it is within 8 inches and hard to get off against real spell casters. The Boggle Eye makes an enemy wholly within 12 inches fight last or makes your unit immune to battle shock (i.e. saves another command point). I like the battalion as I roll a lot of 2s and who doesn’t love a CP and artefact.

The Madcap can either have the teleport or great green spite depending on your preference. The teleport helps keep your Snufflers in range as they have to sacrifice their move to give their buff. The Great Green Spite is a better arcane bolt and gives a little more mortal wound offence to your blender. The real reason he gets included is to carry the Mommet. Giving the grots functionally -1 rend against a unit really helps makes them proppa scary.

• Like 4

How I deploy it:

The Stabbas make up the protective outer wall of the formation. Spread your nets the right way and any combat unit taking you on will have a hard(er) time against you.

I then position the Loonboss (LB) towards the front and centre. He needs to keep the Stabba unit wholly within his bubble, can do some ok damage and can attack over the front rank with his mighty 1 inch reach (God bless 25mm bases!). I have found he is pretty safe there as he is not much of a threat, and comes with some native negatives to be hit. Plus he visually blends into the blob pretty well.

Next in the middle of the U are the Fungus Fanatics (FF). In the middle they can keep the Stabbas within their 12 inch bubble. Putting them in the middle gives the other units that can be added room in front if they need line of sight, or safely behind if they don’t. Once the Stabba blob starts to evaporate they can be a handy second wave and do some good work too.

At the rear of the U I place the Sneaky Snufflers (SS). They should be able to keep the Stabbas within their bubble from where they are but since they have to give up movement to buff you don’t want to put anything behind them since they will get in the away and stop your other units from being able to keep up.

41515D20-7A3A-437F-844B-089BC1FB6778.png

Edited by KrrNiGit
  • Like 4

How it plays…

It’s slow and you have a lot of ranges to remember. Both the Fungus Fanatics and Sneaky Snufflers have wholly within 12 inch bubbles. The Loonboss has his own bubble. There are a bunch of buffs from the Gobbapalooza. You’ll have a bunch of spells and dispels each turn (until they die). It slowly walks forward and dies but also sometimes blends. The look on your opponents face when they realise they are getting butchered by tiny grots is great; when your opponent kills all the grots what did they expect they are just dumb little grots. In reality it is a bit of a grinder, but when you roll hot it can really put out the hurt. I have wiped a 2000 point Iron Jaw list in 2 turns with this list going hot.

Check your bubbles during your movement. Your Fungus Fanatics effect your guys in your command phase, your Snufflers can’t move and buff. You need to make sure at the end of your movement all your guys are where they need to be for your next turn.

Deploy your nettas LAST. I deploy the grot block and then space nettas around the outside. Grots need every little bit of help they can get, and nettas are why you should be playing Gloomspite Gitz.

Fun things you can do…

Add a Webspinner Shaman with the Sneaky Distraction spell to give another -1 to hit to all enemy units wholly within 12 inches. He also gets +1 to cast the Scuttletide (a great endless spell you should always take if you can). It’s a tight range and hard to get off, but who doesn’t love reminding your opponent, “oh you’re -2 to hit. That’s why we play gitz after all.

Add Loonsmasha Fanatics because more fanatics are always better. They pop out of a Stabba unit at the start of a charge phase (yours or theirs). They add a nice wrinkle and can help you mess with your opponent even in their turn.

If you include Skragrott you can use the Brewgits buff on him to reroll all hits, in both shooting and melee. His weapon is already great, but with rerolls it is even betterer.

The Fungus Fanatics effect ALL Moonclan Grots so all your heroes and hangers on get the +1 attack too. The Scaremonger with 5 attacks doing d3 damage can do a helpful little amount of work.

The Fungus Fanatics block line of sight so you can hide your squishy heroes. If they don’t need line of sight to the enemy, deploy them behind the Fungus Fanatics to keep them safe for a turn before everyone dies.

Loonbosses have a natural -1 to hit, next to a netta they will be -2 you can give them the Clammy Cowl artefact to make them -3. Now that is a real slippery git!

Get the Boggle Eye to case his spell on a throw away blob of grots (preferably with fanatics hiding in them) then teleport them across the board to somewhere your opponent has to deal with them. They won’t do much but making them immune to battle shock should keep them around irritating your opponent for another turn.

• Like 6

Hey so I'm somewhat new to warhammer and just started a Gloomspite army. I mainly play against my roommate and he is playing Tzeentch. He so far has agreed to not play pink horrors against me because of how op people say they are and is running mainly tanzangors , flamers, lord of change, changecaster, hero on disk, and the disk unit. 

I really enjoy and mainly have squigs. I have 25 boingrot, 12 squig herd, loonboss on giant, and 12 sneaky snufflers. I have about 12 extra rockgut, and trollboss, and he lets me proxy in Skragott. He plans on getting some flaming chariots next and Im unsure how I should move forwards. Skragott is awesome (if the dice allow it) for annoying his lord of change and making him want to use his destiny dice or be poisoned. I've had terrible luck with the trolls, so I try to use dankhold troggoth for his bravery boost.

Sorry for the random order of this post. We are averaging 1500-1600 point games and we randomly roll for the game mode from core rule book. I am looking for advice on how I should be facing him. Ideas for the army set up and further upgrades.

3 hours ago, McNibs said:

Hey so I'm somewhat new to warhammer and just started a Gloomspite army. I mainly play against my roommate and he is playing Tzeentch. He so far has agreed to not play pink horrors against me because of how op people say they are and is running mainly tanzangors , flamers, lord of change, changecaster, hero on disk, and the disk unit. 

I really enjoy and mainly have squigs. I have 25 boingrot, 12 squig herd, loonboss on giant, and 12 sneaky snufflers. I have about 12 extra rockgut, and trollboss, and he lets me proxy in Skragott. He plans on getting some flaming chariots next and Im unsure how I should move forwards. Skragott is awesome (if the dice allow it) for annoying his lord of change and making him want to use his destiny dice or be poisoned. I've had terrible luck with the trolls, so I try to use dankhold troggoth for his bravery boost.

Sorry for the random order of this post. We are averaging 1500-1600 point games and we randomly roll for the game mode from core rule book. I am looking for advice on how I should be facing him. Ideas for the army set up and further upgrades.

Since you've got a lot of trolls, you could test out Glogg's Megamob, which lets you give a 4+ spell save to trolls and return half a unit when they get destroyed. a 5+ ward save combined with a spell save should make them very tough for Tzeentch magic to handle.

How many trolls do you run in a unit? Rockguts are ideally run in units of 6+

The Troggboss is a super-heavy foot hero as opposed to a big scary monster, so keep him reserved in the middle-back of the board until later turns when he can start fighting, when most other things are wounded or dead.

4 hours ago, Dankboss said:

Since you've got a lot of trolls, you could test out Glogg's Megamob, which lets you give a 4+ spell save to trolls and return half a unit when they get destroyed. a 5+ ward save combined with a spell save should make them very tough for Tzeentch magic to handle.

How many trolls do you run in a unit? Rockguts are ideally run in units of 6+

The Troggboss is a super-heavy foot hero as opposed to a big scary monster, so keep him reserved in the middle-back of the board until later turns when he can start fighting, when most other things are wounded or dead.

What book is that from? Glogg's Megamob?

I wound up getting 20 Shootas recently and all things considered they seem nice; I added them to my 2k list that uses Squig Herds for the other battlelines and I'm happy with them.  Grot nets put in some work regarding walling off threats even if the unit itself doesn't do a lot of damage in the combat phase and their sheer unit count is nice, letting them either run or Gork somewhere to help hold an objective.  The shooting is just a little 1-2 wounds bonus per round for every 20 models which can still wind up helping bracket a behemoth or finish off a unit or elite model.  They're not primarily shooters as they're not supposed to be; they do enough otherwise outside of Grot lists, really (of course in Grot lists Stabbas are beyond superior); they're best at providing more versatile damage while holding objectives and protecting heroes.  If they're focused enough to drop under 15 models before the rest of the army takes hits then they're doing something right!

The one really odd thing about Shootas is that there's no incentive to run their max number of models whatsoever, unlike other units.  No points reduction, no perk with 45+ models; nothing.  One wouldn't think GW would overlook something like that.

• Like 2

Brings back wonderful memories of when Grots were among the best with bows.  That was Gitmob, of course with their +2 to hit with 30 or more and a shaman casting thier spell of "Sneaky Stabbin" giving +1 to wound and +1 rend.  In the most heady days, you could cast the spell more than once!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dingding123 said:

Quick question: is it possible to take Skragrott as the general for the Jaws of Mork subfaction?  If so, does he simply not benefit from the Jaws of Mork command trait or can he not use the command ability either?

Yes, he can be the general but he can't get the CT. He can use the CA anyways because the CA of this subfaction can be used for all the Heroes.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Dingding123 said:

Quick question: is it possible to take Skragrott as the general for the Jaws of Mork subfaction?  If so, does he simply not benefit from the Jaws of Mork command trait or can he not use the command ability either?

The biggest downside I see to making Skraggy your General in Jaws is that you cannot recycle Squigs through the Shrine.  So you'd probably want some Grots in there, or just live without the summoning.

That's my thought process, actually: if I can run enough hard-hitting models and endless spells, I shouldn't need reinforcements period.  The extra CP's are sooo valuable, plus making the moon reliable for round 2 or 3 is a huge plus.  The Screamersquig artefact may be goober-esque, pardon my french, but the ability to reroll movement for what is essentially all my cavalry is worth it to me alone!

• Like 1

Hello!

So..I wanted an army to play vs some of my friends that are just getting into the hobbie. 

I usually play competitive DOK, and some of the other locals really dont do well vs them...

So on an impulse by after chatting to people about "Fun/amusing" armies I went and got some Squigs off a friend.

Wanting to do a Squig based army, so probably Jaws of Mork. 

This is what I picked up:

Mangler Squig (probably convert a warboss)
loonboss on qiant squig
12 Squigherd
20 Boingrot blunders
5 Squighoppers

New on spue
Gobbapalooza
Mangler box
Squig heard box
Underworlds set
Fungoid caveshaman

Probably going to look at 1k to start as thats what my friends are using.

Any tips/things to read?

I suppose i need to buy the moon scenary thing. I have the book pdf so maybe cards if I can find them locally. Maybe some more squighoppers?

Cheers!

21 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Please dont put me on a hypetrain yet.
What are the rumours so far?
New pumpwagons, doomdivers and wolf riders are the dream.

The rumours so far (that I’ve seen) have been that they’ll be Hobgoblins; bigger than normal goblins but smaller than Orruks. And the person said they saw wolf riders in the 3.0 starter box.

I too don’t want to jump on a hype train... but it’s hard haha. 

• Thanks 1