AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

Think I'm going to start Gloomspite Gitz this year. Models are great and keen to try something different. Probably going to focus on moonclans, how does this look for a 1k list?

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- General
- Command Trait: Boss Shaman
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork

Battleline
40 x Stabbas (260)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 6x Barbed Nets - 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers - 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 3x Barbed Nets - 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers

Units
5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 105

Tried to make it decently competitive and synergistic. 2 spellcasters. 60 grot infantry to recycle with loonshrine (is this enough?). Snufflers to sit on home object and buff units. Fanatics and bounders to take out high profile targets. Bounderz for mobility. Scuttletide is just good. Cave-shaman ct basically makes it a more versatile loonboss.

Other version was to maybe cut the madcap and snufflers for another unit of fanatics. More hitting power but loses the Mommet and attack buffs.

Criticism welcomed.

Also some advice on how to play the fanatics/teleport would be good. Is it better to use smaller units which dont matter if it dies, or just go all in and try to teleport the buffed 40 and hope for recycling?

51 minutes ago, Leemer said:

Other version was to maybe cut the madcap and snufflers for another unit of fanatics. More hitting power but loses the Mommet and attack buffs.

Criticism welcomed.

Also some advice on how to play the fanatics/teleport would be good. Is it better to use smaller units which dont matter if it dies, or just go all in and try to teleport the buffed 40 and hope for recycling?

This version vs. that with more fanatics sounds better, more reliable I would say. Fanatics are fun, but random. Not too mention that snuffler buff can often give you more power than 5 fanatics.

Also I am not fan of pokin spears on grots, any -1 to hit and unit is almost disabled offensively. Even without such threats any gain from spears vs. stabbas is small.

Ok, we are the protagonist of the last Broken Realm story but, the point, the most important point is the entrance of a SNARLFANG.

Oh my!, I expected them in a future Gitmob army. What if the Gitmob would be integrated inside the GSG like a Glareface Subfaction, like it happens with the Bonesplitterz and the Ironjawz in the Orruk Warclans book?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Ok, we are the protagonist of the last Broken Realm story but, the point, the most important point is the entrance of a SNARLFANG.

Oh my!, I expected them in a future Gitmob army. What if the Gitmob would be integrated inside the GSG like a Glareface Subfaction, like it happens with the Bonesplitterz and the Ironjawz in the Orruk Warclans book?

Glareface Frazzlegitz sounds about right for a revamped Gitmob army.

7 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

I've been hyped for new gitmob since we saw the warcry warband, definitely feels like they're teasing it to some extent. Not sure if they belong in gloomspite but I'll be happy as long as we get them in some form.

you mean underworld?

i hope either a BR book or a new battletomes come out soon for Gitz really

Edited by novakai

On 1/23/2021 at 1:02 AM, novakai said:

you mean underworld?

i hope either a BR book or a new battletomes come out soon for Gitz really

The battletome is an age away hence all the well meaning but not very helpful  white-dwarf articles. BR is also probably a good 5-6 months away as they only just announced Teclis (if the next BR is even destruction related but the few stories may be a positive indicator).

Edited by C0deb1ue

2 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

The battletome is an age away hence all the well meaning but not very helpful  white-dwarf articles. BR is also probably a good 5-6 months away as they only just announced Teclis (if the next BR is even destruction related but the few stories may be a positive indicator).

Well they just release a DOK battletome just now,  not sure what your bone in this fight anyway, if you can’t enjoy playing gitz and Just complain in the forum all the time get you no where. Get a better army then.

10 hours ago, novakai said:

Well they just release a DOK battletome just now,  not sure what your bone in this fight anyway, if you can’t enjoy playing gitz and Just complain in the forum all the time get you no where. Get a better army then.

Don't get too upset buddy, there isn't a fight but i've put a lot of money into my army (my bone) and I don't feel like feeding games workshop money (for another army) as a reward because they can only buff things every 2 years. Sure we will get a boost soon but I was being realistic about the timescales. Who knows,the FAQ may even bring some good stuff in the meantime!

Edit: plus we have had the best BR story by a mile!

Edited by C0deb1ue
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Please be careful with the base size change of the Mork's Mighty Mushroom in the last FaQs.

The 65mm base is the 60mm base, for GW both are the same. So, the base included in the box is the correct base, you don't need to change anything.

I was wondering what we were supposed to do about finding another one. Shame that was our only change in the FAQ 😆

Edited by C0deb1ue

16 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Please be careful with the base size change of the Mork's Mighty Mushroom in the last FaQs.

The 65mm base is the 60mm base, for GW both are the same. So, the base included in the box is the correct base, you don't need to change anything.

And now to send that to robs friend.

Just so he knows that his trimming of the 5mm he did was for nothing 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Hello! 

I've been considering starting a new army of these lovely lil critters.

For starters I was thinking of getting:

x1 Loonboss on Mangler Squigs

x10 Boingrot Bounderz

x10 Boingrot Bounderz

x6 Squig Herd

This comes out to 750 points.

Is the Moonjump Battalion worth it? I would have 110 points to play with and would be unsure what to get to fill out the list to 1000pts.

Alternitavely, sometime down the road I was thinking of adding stabbas. Would a mix and mash of squids and stabbas be effective, or do you really need to stick to one theme to do well.

Hey, I saw this army lot on fb, do you think I can build a 2k pts competitive list with it ?

Thanks !

-80 grots (60 stabbas with polearm, 20 with swords)

-3 mangler squigs

-2 squig gobba

-25 Boingrots

-24 Squig Herds

-Skargrott

-2 Fungoids 

-Loonboss

-Loonboss on giant cave squig

-6 sneaky snufflers

18 hours ago, Heaven_lord said:

Hey, I saw this army lot on fb, do you think I can build a 2k pts competitive list with it ?

Thanks !

-80 grots (60 stabbas with polearm, 20 with swords)

-3 mangler squigs

-2 squig gobba

-25 Boingrots

-24 Squig Herds

-Skargrott

-2 Fungoids 

-Loonboss

-Loonboss on giant cave squig

-6 sneaky snufflers

That’s not a bad haul. You could

defo run a decent squig list but my knowledge runs out pretty quick after that in terms of bringing in non-squig stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!

Long ago I've been playing WH40k, now decided to dust off my old hobby and get into AoS. Fell in love with Gitz :D

So my question basically is: Are there any Moonclan (magic heavy preferably) 1k/2k lists? I would love to use those Loonshrine/Fungoids/Skargrott with a bunch of squigs and Endless Spells.

Currently I do have:

x1 Loonboss

x1 Squig Herd

x1 Boingrot Bounderz

x1 Squig Manglers

x1 Fungoid Cave-Shaman

and a Loonshrine. At the moment it's pretty much it, but I would like to hear some advice on a magic heavy Moonclan list, with some mix of squigs I guess. Is it any competitive?

I'm yet to paint those, but would really love to know opinions on a list from veteran players/collectors.

Thanks a lot in advance!

P.S. (also not sure how do i type those squads, I have 10 squig herd units, does it count as 1 when it comes to list building?)

Edited by Bittkin

On 1/31/2021 at 11:32 AM, C0deb1ue said:

What does everyone use for endless spells in squig lists?

I find myself adding scuttletide to everything but I was wondering if anyone has had success with other spells?

thanks 

The Scuttletide is must include for any Gitz list IMO. I'm also a fan of Primatic Palisade, it's a LoS  blocker that most of your models in a Squig list can just fly over and has a wide base, so with a lucky terrain setup you can make it absolutely devastating with the Scuttletide.  Cogs are expensive but, IMO, never a bad choice.

Edited by Newtype_Zero

Is Moon-Jumper Stampede worth taking at 1000 points? Or is that more suitable to bigger games

I'm prepping a list for my first game and I can't decide between the 

Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)

Moon-Jumper Stampede (140) or 5 x Boingrot Bounderz (100) + Extra CP (50)

I don't have any Squig Herds atm

Edited by Orchid89
No squig herds ATM

11 minutes ago, Orchid89 said:

Is Moon-Jumper Stampede worth taking at 1000 points? Or is that more suitable to bigger games

I'm prepping a list for my first game and I can't decide between the 

Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)

Moon-Jumper Stampede (140) or 5 x Boingrot Bounderz (100) + Extra CP (50)

I don't have any Squig Herds atm

I would remove 5 Bounders to add a Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig. The CA of that git is essential for all the Squig lists.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see it's been 10 days since the last reply on this thread. Surely as a member (a new one) of the gitz community I cannot let that happen.

I want to run an army with 2 blobs of stabbas and I have a few questions.

1) Positioning of nets. Is there any resources online with regards to the optimal positioning of nets for blobs of stabbas? Some way to maximise coverage so that battle rounds don't become logistical nightmares?

2) Besides blobs of gitz (I'm not building a third 60 man blob) what would you deem the most cost efficient unit this army has to offer that can hold its own and/or do some damage. Bounderz? Fellwater or Rockgut Troggoths? Manglers? I'm not talking about supports here but key fighters that don't need them to be efficient.

3) I see a lot of people complaining about fanatics and I don't understand it. How are they not  a perfect countercharge unit? they always fight first and are able to deploy right before the enemy charge.

Thanks in advance!