AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

7 minutes ago, GrimTeef said:

They confirmed that? Then I wonder where that white Troggoth in the Troggherd Battalion comes from?

If you look at the pose of the white Troggoth it is very similar to the Dankhold Troggoth's pose. The left arm also has the same pose and the feet of the white Troggoth also look similar. 

Only the right arm is build in a different way than the Dankhold Troggoth. So I think they are both indeed part of the same kit. So you can maybe use different arms inside the kit.

Edited by Infeston

2 minutes ago, Infeston said:

If you look at the pose of the white Troggoth it is very similar to the Dankhold Troggoth's pose. The left arm also has the same pose and the feet of the white Troggoth also look similar. 

Only the arm is raised in a different way than the Dankhold Troggoth. So I think they are both indeed part of the same kit. But you can maybe adjust the pose.

Mork's teef, you're right.  So that white one must be a variant build for the Dankhold.

I wonder if we will get a Dankhold unit of 3 then. I'm doubting it now, and maybe Mollog is just a smaller Dankhold trogg.

Maybe the variant white build is the troggoth boss? Some ancient troggoth that’s been underground for untold millennia that has gone blind and turned completely white? Something that’s lived long enough to gain some semblance of wisdom (compared to your standard troggoth).

fun stuff !

Another thing, which I found interesting for all Destruction factions (if they can ally in Gloomspite) was this quote from the Warhammer Community article:

Loonsmasha Fanatics wield balls and chains, and can be concealed inside your units during deployment before being unleashed as a deadly surprise for your foes, while Sporesplatta Fanatics shield your grots from shooting with choking clouds of spores.

So there might also be a way to shield your forces against shooting-heavy armies, which is pretty cool in my opinion. 

Can anyone make out the rules for the scaremonger? I see a move of 5", 5+ save, bravey of 5 and 4 wounds. He has 6 attacks, 4+ 3+ rend -1 damage d3. The first ability hallucinogenic fungus brew gives him +2 to his save on the first battle round, then something about +1 to save on any other battle round? so in cover he would get a 2+ turn 1 and a 3+ turn 2 onwards?

Then the next ability called boogeyman, pick a moonclan unit within 18" reroll charge it looks like.

The last ability weedy gits? looks like any moonclan unit within 3" of him get a -1 to hit against missile attacks?  That is quite good! He will be super tanky turn one with either a 2+ or 3+ save with a -2 to hit vs shooting (look out sir)

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

CitadelPreOrders-12Jan-Goobapalooza-4mt.

The first thing I thought after seeing the Gobbapalooza was the "Seer Council" from 40k: 

Seercouncil.jpg

But instead of wise and skilled Eldar seers we have mad and crazy Grot shamans, which I think were propably prisoned by the Loon King to harness the energies of the bad moon. It was said in the Lore video that Skargrott prisons Grot shamans to predict, where the Bad Moon will be next.

I think the Gobbapalooza propably consists of some of those imprisoned Grot shamans.

Edited by Infeston

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

The dankhold kit has multiple builds. They say so in the article and that they will reveal other builds later. We think one has the centipede. They confirmed on social media this is all the kits. 

Sad to know this is all the kits simply because it means no new Spider Riders then.  I was really hoping they would remake that kit - and also the boss on giant spider as well.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Sad to know this is all the kits simply because it means no new Spider Riders then.  I was really hoping they would remake they kit - and also the boss on giant spider as well.

Yeah it's a bummer.. that being said though, if they did a good pass over the rules and made the Flinger and Bareback Arachnarok variants viable - we essentially got 2 new Arachnaroks.

I'm also keen as punch that Spiderfang will be getting access to a magic lore which will definitely help all those shamans. I'm treating the Arachnarok Kit as similar to the Tzeentch Burning Chariot kit as a way to get a Shaman on Foot that will match Spiderfang.

Also, with what they've described with the Loonking, I wonder if Gloomspite Gitz will be getting a Bad Moon mechanic similar to Nurgle's phases thing? It would be awesome if instead of advancing it 1 spot each turn, you advanced it D6...

Edited by froo

3 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Sad to know this is all the kits simply because it means no new Spider Riders then.  I was really hoping they would remake they kit - and also the boss on giant spider as well.

Well they havent replaced a plastic kit in like half a decade, I don't think they're going to start any time soon.😳

Spiderfang seem to be the secondary focus here, this is more for moonclan reimagination.

1 minute ago, kenshin620 said:

Well they havent replaced a plastic kit in like half a decade, I don't think they're going to start any time soon.😳

Spiderfang seem to be the secondary focus here, this is more for moonclan reimagination.

Well they just replaced the fanatic plastic kit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, froo said:

Yeah it's a bummer.. that being said though, if they did a good pass over the rules and made the Flinger and Bareback Arachnarok variants viable - we essentially got 2 new Arachnaroks

Yes, I can do without.  The spiders are not that bad and I am willing to put in the work to split the legs up and repose them.  That goes a very long way.  I like the spider boss model as well and I have a Shelob stashed away for converting into a boss as well.  But new kits would have been better.

1 minute ago, Skabnoze said:

Yes, I can do without.  The spiders are not that bad and I am willing to put in the work to split the legs up and repose them.  That goes a very long way.  I like the spider boss model as well and I have a Shelob stashed away for converting into a boss as well.  But new kits would have been better.

I also have a Shelob.

I had heard you could split the legs for reposing but I was never able to accomplish this without really ruining it. Have you got any pics you could PM me? I've been thinking about buying more Spider Riders

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skabnoze said:

I'm glad they're not replacing the spiders, I just bought 30.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Oh right I forgot they were plastic.

wow they did finally replaced a plastic kit in all these years!

Plastic fanatics were really bad in all honesty and didnt hold up at all. The metal 6th edition fanatics were way better looking. 

So Loonking being able to steal relics is interesting, making him the first named character I can think of that can have an artifact. Curious to see if it's permanently stole for the game, or if he just gets it for a few rounds. Also very curious to see how the 'passage of the bad moon' mechanic will work out.

Also on the note about some of the new models I wonder what kind of buff the Sneaky Snufflers will give. I do enjoy mass infantry buffed up to high heaven. 

Edited by Mr.Pengwinn

12 minutes ago, Mr.Pengwinn said:

So Loonking being able to steal relics is interesting, making him the first named character I can think of that can have an artifact. Curious to see if it's permanently stole for the game, or if he just gets it for a few rounds.

The last few editions of Warhammer Fantasy they had started giving various “stealing” abilities to goblins - such as the ability to steal magic power dice from your opponent.   I am glad to see that they decided to keep playing around with that concept for Gloomspite Gitz as it fits grots pretty well.

46 minutes ago, froo said:

I also have a Shelob.

I had heard you could split the legs for reposing but I was never able to accomplish this without really ruining it. Have you got any pics you could PM me? I've been thinking about buying more Spider Riders

I have not done it myself yet.  I have simply seen examples of it done before.  If you google around you should be able to find some pics somewhere.

But worst case you just save the sharp end of the legs and rebuild the other ones with wire and plasticard.  I expect that reposing the legs will require using wire at the joints anyways.

1 hour ago, Mr.Pengwinn said:

Also on the note about some of the new models I wonder what kind of buff the Sneaky Snufflers will give. I do enjoy mass infantry buffed up to high heaven. 

Maybe something like the Drukhari combat drug stratagem that doubles the bonus but at the end of the phase you roll for each member of the unit and on a 1 you suffer a MW. (I think this is what it does) Could be cool. Maybe a choice of a few different buffs?