40 Stabbas

20 Stabbas

20 Shootas

2 * 6 Sneaky Snufflers

2* 5 Sporesplat Fanantics

5 Loonsmash Fanatics

Skulkmob Horde

Moonclan Skrap

All fits into the mega battalion, so one drop with plenty of bodies and Skulkmob/Clammy Hand for masses of unit recycling.  Hopefully combination of snufflers and Sporesplat will buff the Grots to a decent level of damage for clearing out objectives, but never played grots so open to thoughts and suggestions. 

It was a very good list one year ago, before the shooting meta crush all our hopes with your small heroes.

You can change one of the Loonboss for Skragrott, remember he is a Loonboss too, and I would change the Fungoid for a Madcap because the Mommet is one of the best artefacts of the book.

So, before Covid (and a few unpainted models) allows me to play the 3000 Trogg GMM battle, I will try out the Grimscuttle tonight. Although only for 1000pts so without any of the new battalions. I've just finished my webspinner on arachnarok (pic for those interested) so it's mainly for that that I will try them out:

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (280)
- General
-Grimscuttle tribes artefact/Command trait
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Webspinner Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Curse of da Spider God ??
10 x Spider Riders (200)
10 x Spider Riders (200)
Skitterstrand Arachnarok (200) with cool reroll Hits against wizards/priests
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 990 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 72

I'm hesitating for the second spell, maybe I should take the gift of da SG to heal the general and skitterstrand if in range...
Oh yeah, I also don't know against which army I will play..

E62663CE-44DB-4938-8283-49EB85B624A4.JPG.6746da902819f8649d40b006bbcdb791.JPG
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bozgum said:

So, before Covid (and a few unpainted models) allows me to play the 3000 Trogg GMM battle, I will try out the Grimscuttle tonight. Although only for 1000pts so without any of the new battalions. I've just finished my webspinner on arachnarok (pic for those interested) so it's mainly for that that I will try them out:

Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (280)
- General
-Grimscuttle tribes artefact/Command trait
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Webspinner Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Curse of da Spider God ??
10 x Spider Riders (200)
10 x Spider Riders (200)
Skitterstrand Arachnarok (200) with cool reroll Hits against wizards/priests
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 990 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 72

I'm hesitating for the second spell, maybe I should take the gift of da SG to heal the general and skitterstrand if in range...
Oh yeah, I also don't know against which army I will play..

E62663CE-44DB-4938-8283-49EB85B624A4.JPG.6746da902819f8649d40b006bbcdb791.JPG

Looks Great!

Healing the arachnaroks is pretty good, but Personally I've always liked taking scuttling terrors in spiderfang lists for the run & charge. 

6 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Anyone tried a pure Moonclan Grots list?   I'm thinking something like this:

Loonboss with Giant Squig, General with Clammy Hand

2 * Loonboss

Fungoid Cave-Shaman

60 Stabbas

40 Stabbas

20 Stabbas

20 Shootas

2 * 6 Sneaky Snufflers

2* 5 Sporesplat Fanantics

5 Loonsmash Fanatics

Skulkmob Horde

Moonclan Skrap

All fits into the mega battalion, so one drop with plenty of bodies and Skulkmob/Clammy Hand for masses of unit recycling.  Hopefully combination of snufflers and Sporesplat will buff the Grots to a decent level of damage for clearing out objectives, but never played grots so open to thoughts and suggestions. 

For a long time that was the most competitive option for Gloomspite before the massshooting meta and the cap on endless spell spam.  I still think the playstyle can be just as efficient as jaws of mork the current consistent playstyle for gloomspite at current depending. 

Broken Realms and a dedicated Skargrott faction will likely bring the grots to what they were especially with warscroll fixes for stuff like the gobbapalooza.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:07 PM, Lunarsol said:

So last year I started what was intended to be a squig army that got turned into something more general after the Battleforce release.  Jaws of Mork has me interested in adding more squigs, but I've been having trouble finding something I'm happy with.  Any thoughts on this?

Leaders
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
- Artefact: Syari Screamersquig 
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Envoy of the Overbounder 
- Artefact: The Clammy cowl 

Battleline
12 x Squig Herd (140)
15 x Squig Hoppers (270)
15 x Squig Hoppers (270)

Units
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)

Behemoths
Mangler Squigs (240)

Battalions
Moon-Jumper Stampede (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 164

15 feels like too many hoppers in a single unit to me, 15 bounderz are better since you'll get extra mortals on the charge and they can attack over the top with the spears.
Swapping one of the fungoids for a madcap if you think you can afford the extra artifact would be good. Moonface mommet is probably our best artifact.

you could maybe drop 5-10 hoppers to get some sneaky snufflers and some endless spells. Alternatively squigs are pretty good in big units because of their 25mm bases. a max size unit can fairly reliably get to attack with most of its models.

Thanks for the advice.  Dropping down to a Madcap is pretty easy but hard to pass up the cowl and Jawz eats up the other artifact.  Maybe this would work better?

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Envoy of the Overbounder
- Artefact: The Clammy cowl
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
- Artefact: Syari Screamersquig
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

Battleline
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)

Units
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)

Behemoths
Mangler Squigs (240)

Battalions
Moon-Jumper Stampede (140)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 168

Got a game in with spiderfang against sons of behemat today, went about as awful as expected. The spiders just didn't have the damage to take down any Gargants and didn't have the bulk or efficiency to win through board control or attrition. We played  starstrike.

The list:

Leaders
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (280)
- General
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Webspinner Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Nibbla's 'Itty Ring
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Scuttling Terrors
Webspinner Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Gift of da Spider God
Scuttleboss on Gigantic Spider (100)
- Artefact: Totem of the Spider God

Battleline
15 x Spider Riders (300)
15 x Spider Riders (300)
5 x Spider Riders (100)

Behemoths
Arachnarok Spider with Spiderfang Warparty (220)
Arachnarok Spider with Flinger (220)

Battalions
Arachnarok Spider Cluster (100)
Spider Rider Skittermob (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (40)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 126

I used the grimscuttle versions of the battalions so it came in at exactly 2k points. I've learned tha grimscuttle may really benefit from 2 arachnarok shamans though, as redeploying one with the grimscuttle battalion would be better than just a scuttleboss with the headdress.

In case you're considering suggestions I'd recommend either combining the two 15 Riders into one big block of 30 and fitting in just enough Riders to fill battleline spots or just splitting the Riders into three separate units of 5, 10 and 20 so they can be micromanaged more efficiently (bravery be darned).  Also regarding the Spider Cluster battalion since it's tricky to fit into Spiderfang lists anyway thanks to requiring so many Arachnaroks you might just want to embrace the chaos of having more drops while putting those points towards more units and maybe an Endless Spell as well.  The points from dropping the battalion could go towards a second Scuttleboss or more Riders plus either Scuttletide or Malevolent Moon, or combined with the 60-pt discount from having a 30 Rider battleline a whopping 10 additional Riders or 5 and a Scuttleboss.

I see you're interested in a second Webspinner on Arachnarok and the list could likely pull it off despite demanding more cuts beyond the Arachnarok battalion; fitting in more hordes instead could also likely be a boon since lists only having 126 wounds is abysmal under normal circumstances.  You should be able to get a lot done with two Webspinners on Arachnaroks regardless, whereas otherwise bumping that wounds total up to at least >130 should be crucial towards having enough pieces to deal with both tarpits and behemoths, plus Behemat's tarpit-behemoths.

Edited by Dingding123

4 hours ago, Dingding123 said:

In case you're considering suggestions I'd recommend either combining the two 15 Riders into one big block of 30 and fitting in just enough Riders to fill battleline spots or just splitting the Riders into three separate units of 5, 10 and 20 so they can be micromanaged more efficiently (bravery be darned).  Also regarding the Spider Cluster battalion since it's tricky to fit into Spiderfang lists anyway thanks to requiring so many Arachnaroks you might just want to embrace the chaos of having more drops while putting those points towards more units and maybe an Endless Spell as well.  The points from dropping the battalion could go towards a second Scuttleboss or more Riders plus either Scuttletide or Malevolent Moon, or combined with the 60-pt discount from having a 30 Rider battleline a whopping 10 additional Riders or 5 and a Scuttleboss.

I see you're interested in a second Webspinner on Arachnarok and the list could likely pull it off despite demanding more cuts beyond the Arachnarok battalion; fitting in more hordes instead could also likely be a boon since lists only having 126 wounds is abysmal under normal circumstances.  You should be able to get a lot done with two Webspinners on Arachnaroks regardless, whereas otherwise bumping that wounds total up to at least >130 should be crucial towards having enough pieces to deal with both tarpits and behemoths, plus Behemat's tarpit-behemoths.

I mostly just wanted to try out the new stuff, and that was very close to my old list, which was built around the superbattalion. My experience with arachnaroks has not been positive overall, which isn't too surprising given their profiles. I really need to get some more games in with the new rules though, I've mostly avoided the 30 man unit as a trap, but with the regen and run & charge it might not be anymore. I think there might be a bit of gas to running 2 grimscuttle skitterswarms, so you can guarantee a powerful redeploy (even if you roll 2 1s you can move a hero and a large unit of spider riders).

I think spiderfang will really benefit from the incorporation of  some fellwater troggoths though, since they patch up their weakness to high wound, low save grindy armies, although you do lose a bit of flavor moving out of spiderfang. I'm thinking something like this would be a lot more balanced.

Leaders
- General
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
- Artefact: Totem of the Spider God
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Scuttling Terrors

Battleline
15 x Spider Riders (300)
15 x Spider Riders (300)
5 x Spider Riders (100)

Units
9 x Fellwater Troggoths (450)

Battalions
Grimscuttle Skitterswarm(140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (40)
Scuttletide (30)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 134

I think Fellwaters seem rad too; mainly what I've noticed about Gitz is if there's not a big block of Stabbas or at least a half dozen troggs they sort of crumble to an actual frontline so those would go a long way towards solving that.  While Bounderz and Arachnaroks are tougher than most Gitz units they aren't fine-tuned enough towards going wound-for-wound with other units to justify not having a core tarpit/frontline.  Having some more durable melees to play around plus those double Arachnarok Webspinners should make the list way more sturdy in general.

45 minutes ago, Dingding123 said:

I think Fellwaters seem rad too; mainly what I've noticed about Gitz is if there's not a big block of Stabbas or at least a half dozen troggs they sort of crumble to an actual frontline so those would go a long way towards solving that.  While Bounderz and Arachnaroks are tougher than most Gitz units they aren't fine-tuned enough towards going wound-for-wound with other units to justify not having a core tarpit/frontline.  Having some more durable melees to play around plus those double Arachnarok Webspinners should make the list way more sturdy in general.

I've noticed a trend, starting this year, of units of 6-9 Rockguts being taken more often in regular Gitz lists.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this was answered long ago, i just don't understand the jaws of Mork battalions, I feel like the abilities have been put the wrong way around, but I haven't seen an errata fixing this.

image.png.043f2b83c45d571f72e417a5141cb9d4.png

(Highlighted in green) the moon-jumper stampede battalion has a rule affecting the squigs bites
and (highlighted in blue) the Moon-Biter squigalanche battalion has a jumping named rule.

It feels as though they should be the other way around

Also the rule for crushing gobs a specifically mentions the massive-fang filled gob  which is a trait of the loon boss on giant cave squig  a unit that cannot be taken in the stampede battalion  but can in the squigalanche battalion.

When people play do most just ignore this seemingly obvious mistake and use the rules as written or do most players just agree to swap it around?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Squigy_Boy said:

Sorry if this was answered long ago, i just don't understand the jaws of Mork battalions, I feel like the abilities have been put the wrong way around, but I haven't seen an errata fixing this.

image.png.043f2b83c45d571f72e417a5141cb9d4.png

(Highlighted in green) the moon-jumper stampede battalion has a rule affecting the squigs bites
and (highlighted in blue) the Moon-Biter squigalanche battalion has a jumping named rule.

It feels as though they should be the other way around

Also the rule for crushing gobs a specifically mentions the massive-fang filled gob  which is a trait of the loon boss on giant cave squig  a unit that cannot be taken in the stampede battalion  but can in the squigalanche battalion.

When people play do most just ignore this seemingly obvious mistake and use the rules as written or do most players just agree to swap it around?

In my experience, people just run with RAW and ignore the ridiculous mistake.

On 1/6/2021 at 5:40 PM, Nezzhil said:

The WD rules have mistakes like this (Ironsunz and Troggoths have strange things too). For example, the rules of the Loonshirne are different if you wanna use Squig or Troggoth/Spiderfang rules.

the loonshrine rules are done on purpose as normally you can only use it on grot units, and it makes it redundant in squig, troggoth and spider-fang lists. I makes it useable by those subfactions.

Happy new Year, fellow gitz!

Recently i finally finished a long project making an allied mega-gargant proxy for a Gloomspite army and decided to share with yall. 

Here is a Giant Throgg Fanatic. He`s 9 inches tall, stands on a 130mm base) Designed, printed and painted all by meself. Hope you enjoy, cheers!

Untitled-2.jpg.ce65522a0b7fc3da3b59f540358105c9.jpg

Other images

Spoiler

Untitled-3.jpg.36a05f4526acdc395a89e160247dd4da.jpgUntitled-4.jpg.806034b16ddb1f64091f836977b840bc.jpgUntitled-5.jpg.43b42a961c5176c9330e0e512c2f54bb.jpg1.jpg.e82de268a7988b204618ea76c0f3a636.jpgUntitled-8.jpg.a8fbd83cf80bcdcdedb257159ee865ae.jpg

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 6

Playing a 1250pts game tonight and wanted to try out the Jawz of Mork.

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Envoy of the Overbounder
- Artefact: Syari Screamersquig
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure

Battleline
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)

Units
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)

Battalions
Moon-Jumper Stampede (140)

Total: 1230 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116

I only have 10 (painted) Boingrots so can't take more atm. Depending on the battleplan, the idea is to put the hoppers behind the herds and fly over the enemy when in combat with respective herd then charge in the back. Keeping the general+boingrots not too far for ability and using the snufflers/shaman for buff/debuff.

It's only the second time I use the mommet artefact, even though you can find this item on most GG lists and most of the GG players say this item is one of the best in the book imo the range is not enough and the 10 pts more for potential CP, negate wounds and free once per battle extra spell from the Fungoid...

Are the snufflers that handy because they will be able to use their ability once and then the stampede will be out of range since they can't move when using their abilty? So maybe more herds/fungoid?

Probably this has been discussed before but what is your take on it in this specific build? Or should I drop 2 herds , make one of 18 and take the fungoid in addition?

On 1/10/2021 at 1:15 AM, Squigy_Boy said:

the loonshrine rules are done on purpose as normally you can only use it on grot units, and it makes it redundant in squig, troggoth and spider-fang lists. I makes it useable by those subfactions.

It's not this, @Nezzhil references fact that with Squig general you can choose to replace rules for shrine after setting it up, but with Throggoth general they are replaced automatically.

4 hours ago, Bozgum said:

Playing a 1250pts game tonight and wanted to try out the Jawz of Mork.

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Envoy of the Overbounder
- Artefact: Syari Screamersquig
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure

Battleline
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)
5 x Squig Hoppers (90)

Units
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)

Battalions
Moon-Jumper Stampede (140)

Total: 1230 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116

I only have 10 (painted) Boingrots so can't take more atm. Depending on the battleplan, the idea is to put the hoppers behind the herds and fly over the enemy when in combat with respective herd then charge in the back. Keeping the general+boingrots not too far for ability and using the snufflers/shaman for buff/debuff.

It's only the second time I use the mommet artefact, even though you can find this item on most GG lists and most of the GG players say this item is one of the best in the book imo the range is not enough and the 10 pts more for potential CP, negate wounds and free once per battle extra spell from the Fungoid...

Are the snufflers that handy because they will be able to use their ability once and then the stampede will be out of range since they can't move when using their abilty? So maybe more herds/fungoid?

Probably this has been discussed before but what is your take on it in this specific build? Or should I drop 2 herds , make one of 18 and take the fungoid in addition?

Madcaps can also cast a second spell once per game, although there is a chance they will take some wounds back, plus their spell is a useful defensive one, giving a unit -1 to be hit from shooting.

17 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Madcaps can also cast a second spell once per game, although there is a chance they will take some wounds back, plus their spell is a useful defensive one, giving a unit -1 to be hit from shooting.

True, never used that spell though, I always think they'll just shoot at something else... But I'll give it a try, I don't know against which army I'm about to play so you never know if it'll be useful or not 🙂

2 minutes ago, Bozgum said:

True, never used that spell though, I always think they'll just shoot at something else... But I'll give it a try, I don't know against which army I'm about to play so you never know if it'll be useful or not 🙂

The Mommet Moonface brights when you think that almost all the units of the game save at 4+/5+, so in the most of the cases you're allocating mortal wounds to the unit affected by the artefact. Another point is that it isn't a -1 rend so you ignore all the "ignore -1 rend" that are very commons in these days.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The Mommet Moonface brights when you think that almost all the units of the game save at 4+/5+, so in the most of the cases you're allocating mortal wounds to the unit affected by the artefact. Another point is that it isn't a -1 rend so you ignore all the "ignore -1 rend" that are very commons in these days.

...I wouldn't go as far as saying it's allocating MW to the affected unit, still need quite some variables to get to make the wounds, but normally the charge is not a problem with squigs, hitting and wounding in combat depends on the dice so nothing to say here. I just read it is in "the" combat phase and not "your", that's a big help!

So maybe take out the snufflers for a Fungoid? Having more leaders is always helpful (also for leader specific battleplans). and the additional spell/CP are always welcome.

Edited by Bozgum

Snufflers ability happens at the start of the movement phase, so the idea is to use it then fire off the buffed unti into the enemy, which with something like Squig Riders of Boingrots is possible! Especially with the +3" move CA from the Giant Squig Boss etc.

• Like 1