AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

8 minutes ago, GrimTeef said:

The Dankhold Troggoths will likely be another kit of 3 - the Troggherd Battalion was sneaked onto Twitter. It mentions -

A Troggherd consists of the following units:

- 1 Dankhold Troggboss

- 3-9 units of Dankhold Troggoths, Fellwater Troggoths, or Rockgut Troggoths in any combination

- 0-2 Aleguzzler Gargants.

From this we know that units of Dankhold Troggs are coming, and that the big guy we see here is the Troggboss (Or the kit that makes the Troggboss, since there was mention that the Troggboss kit can make other variants). However, the other grainy photo I saw showed this very Trogg as the Troggboss, so this is him.

We also know that Sourbreath Troggoths are no longer a thing - no mention of them so far, and they are not mentioned in the Troggherd Battalion.  Best paint up your Sourbreath models as Rockgut now...

But it could also be that the Dankhold Trogboss and the Dankhold Troggoths are both units, which only consist of 1 model. So you can either build a single Trogboss or a single Dankhold Troggoth.

• Like 1

They can't have released everything, since the Dankhold Troggoths will have a unit kit. GW won't release them as a single release on their own for week 3 of releases, i really doubt that. This is a HUGE release. There's gotta be at least one kit relesing with the Dankhold Troggoths unit kit.

1 minute ago, Infeston said:

But it could also be that the Dankhold Trogboss and the Dankhold Troggoths are both units, which only consist of 1 model. So you can either build a single Trogboss or a single Dankhold Troggoth.

I see what you mean. Though it seems odd that Mollog would be a tiny little Darnkhold Troggoth.

Just now, Gothmaug said:

Are we sure the blurry snake thing wasn’t just a closeup of the fungoid shamans staff?

I think that is the Dankhold Troggoth/Troggboss. If you look at it, the bad JPGing is showing a light grey where the arms are, and there's a large shape off to the side that is the stone club head.

6 minutes ago, GrimTeef said:

They can't have released everything, since the Dankhold Troggoths will have a unit kit. GW won't release them as a single release on their own for week 3 of releases, i really doubt that. This is a HUGE release. There's gotta be at least one kit relesing with the Dankhold Troggoths unit kit.

Jeah this is what I also found odd. At the moment it seems like there are only two waves of releases. Normally they release in waves of 3 or 4. 

But I also don't want to set myself up for disappointment. This is why I settle with this being all the models for the Gloomspite Gitz. But I am also happy if there turn out to be more models. I don't want to expect more than what I get.

Edited by Infeston

1 minute ago, Caladancid said:

I wonder where the Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (this is one of the units in the Squigalanche Battalion) is? Maybe you can make it from the Mangler kit.

I was wondering this too. Maybe the Manglers make individual Giant Squigs on their own (so you'd get two) or there's another release of a hero on a Giant Squig coming, like that Grot hero on giant squig that's out...?

It’s likely that the kits can produce various different units, that should be interesting as it will yield tons of bits for customization.  

Also so from the troggherd leak there is a white painted troggoth with a club in the air. I wonder if it’s just a variant build/paint job to the new rockgut kit, or if it’s a troggoth shaman or other hero for a future release? 

2 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

It’s likely that the kits can produce various different units, that should be interesting as it will yield tons of bits for customization.  

Also so from the troggherd leak there is a white painted troggoth with a club in the air. I wonder if it’s just a variant build/paint job to the new rockgut kit, or if it’s a troggoth shaman or other hero for a future release? 

I think that's the standard dankhold troggoth.

3 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Holy Gork, how did I miss that guy?  That is certainly a different mini. Hmm. Also, that pic doesn't show any units of Dankhold Troggs like i thought, they could be just the giants like we see the Troggboss here as.

10 minutes ago, GrimTeef said:

I was wondering this too. Maybe the Manglers make individual Giant Squigs on their own (so you'd get two) or there's another release of a hero on a Giant Squig coming, like that Grot hero on giant squig that's out...?

The Loonboss on Mangler squig has manglers with armoured faces and it looks like he is also armoured and has a cape.

Also, from the leaked Troggherd battalion, you can see off to the side the SQUIGALANCHE Battalion:

A squigalanche consists of the following units:

- 1 Loonboss on Mangler Squigs or 1 Loonboss on GIant Cave Squig (is this a smaller squig than the Mangler, or is it one of the Mangler Squigs on its own?)

- 0-3 Loonbosses on Giant Cave Squigs

- 1+ Squig Rider Stampedes (is this a unit name for the Squig Riders, or is Stampede a reference to a Battalion of Squig Riders?)

- 1-3 Mangler Squigs

- 0-2 Squig Herd  units

So you'll need at least 2 of the new Mangler Squig kits, it seems.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrimTeef said:

Also, from the leaked Troggherd battalion, you can see off to the side the SQUIGALANCHE Battalion:

A squigalanche consists of the following units:

- 1 Loonboss on Mangler Squigs or 1 Loonboss on GIant Cave Squig (is this a smaller squig than the Mangler, or is it one of the Mangler Squigs on its own?)

- 0-3 Loonbosses on Giant Cave Squigs

- 1+ Squig Rider Stampedes (is this a unit name for the Squig Riders, or is Stampede a reference to a Battalion of Squig Riders?)

- 1-3 Mangler Squigs

- 0-2 Squig Herd  units

So you'll need at least 2 of the new Mangler Squig kits, it seems.

Maybe they renamed the warboss to a loonboss? so the normal warboss on giant cave squig is infact the new named one. As it would be abit silly to have a warboss and loonboss both stepping on each others toes. They would be the same unit with different kit and a trait. Might aswell roll the profile into one.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

1 minute ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Maybe they renamed the warboss to a loonboss? so the normal warboss on giant cave squig is infact the new named one. 

I bet you're right, the Loonboss will likely be the new Gloomspite grot leader name. I hope that the Loonboss on the Giant Cave Squig is a smaller unit on it's own, not just half the Mangler Squigs kit. I have a metal one that I would love to use...

31 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Everything revealed? No centipede? Cant see the blurry snake thing similar in anyof the things we saw today

The dankhold kit has multiple builds. They say so in the article and that they will reveal other builds later. We think one has the centipede. They confirmed on social media this is all the kits. 

Just now, GrimTeef said:

I bet you're right, the Loonboss will likely be the new Gloomspite grot leader name. I hope that the Loonboss on the Giant Cave Squig is a smaller unit on it's own, not just half the Mangler Squigs kit. I have a metal one that I would love to use...

The main reason i think this is also the new loonboss with moon slicer. If it was a new hero surely theyd have a new weapon not one from the old warboss entry. Also Warboss kind of steps on the Orcs territory... i never really liked the term for a gobbo, loonboss fits perfectly.

1 minute ago, sorokyl said:

The dankhold kit has multiple builds. They say so in the article and that they will reveal other builds later. We think one has the centipede. They confirmed on social media this is all the kits. 

They confirmed that? Then I wonder where that white Troggoth in the Troggherd Battalion comes from?

1 minute ago, sorokyl said:

Maybe the Rockguts have a different build aswell. All that needs to change are the heads and arms. If the arms join at the shoulder like brutes, the mushrooms can be added there, same with the head. The whole model doesnt have to be covered in shrooms.

3 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Perhaps we’ll get a caster build with a centipede “pet” out of that kit.

whatever it is, for once it feels good to be a destruction player. 👍

Just now, GrimTeef said:

They confirmed that? Then I wonder where that white Troggoth in the Troggherd Battalion comes from?

I cant see that. I think what they mean is that the Troggboss has lots of extras to make him unique from mulitple ones, ala different faces, mushroom/trinket add ons, a different weapon. Think of it like a Giant with all those options.

Thats what i think they mean, having the shadespire Dankhold troggoths for comparison i think that is the NORMAL size of the Dankholds. He wouldnt be a Boss if his whole sub species was his hight and strength. Otherwise is he even a troggoth or just a teenager. 

I really cant picture it.