AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

Work in progress 2000 point list, C&C welcome and appreciated!

General: 
* Loonboss on Mangler Squigs: Fight Another Day, Loonstone Talisman

Leaders: 
* Skragott, Da Loonking: The Hand of Gork
* Fungoid Cave Shaman: Itchy Nuisance
* Fungoid Cave Shaman: The Great Green Spite
* Loonboss: Clamy Cowl

Battleline:
* 12x Squig Herd 
* 60x Stabbas: Pokin’ Spear, Gong Bashers, Banners
* 60x Stabbas: Pokin’ Spear, Gong Bashers, Banners

Other:
* 6x Sneaky Snufflers

Battalion:
* Gobbapalooza

Scenery:
* Bad Moon Loonshrine 

My main concern is if I should split my Grots into 60/40/20 as my battline and ditch the Squig herd. Also, I’m wondering if I should make Skragott my general, but the only real perk is gaining command points which I’ll get from double Shaman, Light of The Bad Moon, and having a battalion. Plus, then Loon Boss on Mangler Squigs loses Fight Another Day which makes him not as worth it.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:05 AM, Dankboss said:

It'll be out on the 16th of October, right around when we'll be getting Sons of Behemat I imagine.

I am looking forward to this one.  I built a Troggoth army last year (after wanting the possibility for years), but it could do with a bit of help and some sub-faction rules will be great.  Hopefully, we'll also get a useful battalion - or at least a battalion that's pointed correctly.  It may require buying more Troggoths, but there's always a price to pay.

3 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

I am looking forward to this one.  I built a Troggoth army last year (after wanting the possibility for years), but it could do with a bit of help and some sub-faction rules will be great.  Hopefully, we'll also get a useful battalion - or at least a battalion that's pointed correctly.  It may require buying more Troggoths, but there's always a price to pay.

Assuming it's a sub-faction, which I'm 99% certain it is, we'll get a Trogg-centric ability, command ability and artefact. We may also get a revised Troggherd, but even then, if the new abilities make them better, then the old Troggherd may work.

6 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

Assuming it's a sub-faction, which I'm 99% certain it is, we'll get a Trogg-centric ability, command ability and artefact. We may also get a revised Troggherd, but even then, if the new abilities make them better, then the old Troggherd may work.

It can only be an improvement, surely.  The one thing I would really like is for them to focus a bit more on the regenerative aspect of Troggoths; it is pretty much a core aspect of the species.  Perhaps something akin to the Necron "I"ll be back" rule, with a chance of bringing back models that were slain the previous turn, but not those that flee.  I hope, but without great expectation.

Is there anything specific you would like to see for the Troggs?

Just now, Aelfric said:

It can only be an improvement, surely.  The one thing I would really like is for them to focus a bit more on the regenerative aspect of Troggoths; it is pretty much a core aspect of the species.  Perhaps something akin to the Necron "I"ll be back" rule, with a chance of bringing back models that were slain the previous turn, but not those that flee.  I hope, but without great expectation.

I prefer a +1 Wounds to all the Troggoths

The best possible rule for a Troggoth battalion would be immunity to battleshock. This would make Hand of Gork truly one of the most deadly spells in the game. Imagine dropping a 9 or 12 man Troggoth unit on your opponent’s flank without fear of battleshock. Not to divert into a wish list, but if Rockguts had the 4+ armor save that they should have, they would truly be one of the most incredible units in the game. I hope Glogg’s Megamob isn’t some kind of “meh” attempt to placate Troggoth players, but rather a serious attempt to make Troggoth armies an impactful force rather than a gimmicky or “fun army” on the table. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I prefer a +1 Wounds to all the Troggoths

Extra wounds are always useful in game, but it wouldn't really add any Troggoth flavour to the army.  I'd rather have rules that bring out the narrative and lore and  thus help to distinuish this from other armies.

2 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

If I were to design Glogg's Megamob (off the top of my mind):

Subfaction Trait:

The Biggest and the Nastiest: Add 1 to the wounds characteristic of all Troggoth models.

Command Trait:

Gobbletrogg: if this model slays an enemy model with its crushing grip, at the end of the phase heal wounds equal to the wounds characteristic of the slain model.

Artifact:

Realmstone Gastroliths: this model can attempt to unbind one spell and dispel one endless spell per turn. Add 2 to the rolls.

New Troggherd Battalion:

Add 2 to charge rolls for Troggoth models in this battalion. (Makes them a better Hand of Gork target)

This is just a quick look at the direction I would want to see.

Troggoths should and would be a terrible force to deal with for surface world armies. These are 12 foot brutes capable of killing most heroes with two successful hits. Now imagine an entire army of these lumbering fiends. These creatures would be a terrifying force to deal with if loosed upon the world. I want a battalion that reflects this on the table. All we need is immunity to battleshock. That way, Hand of Gork becomes the spell of spells to be feared. 

Just now, Scythian said:

Troggoths should and would be a terrible force to deal with for surface world armies. These are 12 foot brutes capable of killing most heroes with two successful hits. Now imagine an entire army of these lumbering fiends. These creatures would be a terrifying force to deal with if loosed upon the world. I want a battalion that reflects this on the table. All we need is immunity to battleshock. That way, Hand of Gork becomes the spell of spells to be feared. 

Perhaps give them immunity when they destroy an enemy unit, because they're too distracted picking up the shiny things. They can and will meet that requirement all the time, without it being a blanket rule.

1 minute ago, Scythian said:

I actually think the blanket rule of immune to battleshock covers most of our problems. I can get +2 to charge from Cogs, so I’m not worried about charges. Also, it is due to the fact that they’re too ravenously hungry to worry about battleshock. Fits their theme perfectly. 

That feels more like ogres, and I'm not keen on undoing the built in weakness that a model inherently has. I think there could be better ways than yet another blanket battleshock immunity. That would also invalidate the Troggboss' +1/+2 bravery

10 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

If I were to design Glogg's Megamob (off the top of my mind):

Subfaction Trait:

The Biggest and the Nastiest: Add 1 to the wounds characteristic of all Troggoth models.

Command Trait:

Gobbletrogg: if this model slays an enemy model with its crushing grip, at the end of the phase heal wounds equal to the wounds characteristic of the slain model.

Artifact:

Realmstone Gastroliths: this model can attempt to unbind one spell and dispel one endless spell per turn. Add 2 to the rolls.

New Troggherd Battalion:

Add 2 to charge rolls for Troggoth models in this battalion. (Makes them a better Hand of Gork target)

This is just a quick look at the direction I would want to see.

I could live with that :) .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

That feels more like ogres, and I'm not keen on undoing the built in weakness that a model inherently has. I think there could be better ways than yet another blanket battleshock immunity. That would also invalidate the Troggboss' +1/+2 bravery

The bravery would still come into play against attacks from terrorgheists, banshees, and other bravery leveled tests. I want battalion to actually mean something. 170 for the current herd is completely useless and my army is better without it. 

3 minutes ago, Scythian said:

Love the deepstrike suggestion, but once again, useless with a bravery of 5.  They’d just break from battleshock. Now, I’d accept a +2 bravery for each unit in the battalion. Ok, that’s a compromise. I want Hand of Gork to be useful with my Troggoths. 

That would give you room to Hand of Gork a hero to them.