AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

New spider rider models wouldn’t hurt either. Those current models are like 6th edition old. The reason I’m playing the all Troggoths army is due to the fact that every model I’m playing is less than 2 years old. The Trogboss, 3 Fungoids and 30 Rockguts are all new models. The spiders are dated and in dire need of upgrades. If GW did update them, they’d be a hugely popular faction. People love spiders. They just don’t love the current spiders. Their rules need updating as well. If spiders were a base 5+ to cause mortal wounds without the totem, they’d be more enticing to gamers on the fence with them. Honestly, I’m so completely happy with my Troggoths I wouldn’t even consider other aspects of the Gloomspite Gitz right now. The idea of being able to play a “big guys” subfaction in a battletome meant to run hordes is compelling enough for me right now to stay with my Troggoths. 

• Like 4

yeah the current spider rider are really dated, beside being extremely Monopose, they  also have  a giant hollow hole on the  Abdomen  that noticeable if you don't base them closer to the ground. they also where design to be on a special square base that has a peg for them to slot in but when gluing them on round you really have to squeeze them on the base. 

i also hope spiderfang at least get a plastic Scuttleboss in the near future since it also be nice to have

rules wise  i would like if the weedy arrow attacks on the spider  grots would do mortals on wounds of 6s since that pretty common ability on other armies now. currently those arrow attacks are just a pain to roll just for the hope that they do something.

My hope is that when the Gloomspite Gitz get their second book, they reveal an all new Spiderfang set of models. Gloomy players would go insane if they had new Spiderfang models and they would be monstrously huge sellers. GW must understand that Spiderfang is only being held back due to its current model line. Overall though, I believe the Gloomspite Gitz is their best book out of AoS 2.0. They are such a versatile army with endless options and combinations for a gamer to play. I also believe they offer a healthy mix of complexity that is diverse enough to offer players of any skill set the opportunity to flourish. 

18 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Glogg Megamob is the White Dwarf next month preview. And the image is a Troggoth artwork.

Always the image of the backsheet cover is a reference of the next month preview.

We are getting gargants, so maybe megamob is referring to mega gargants.

If it is a Troll subfaction/supplement/rules I'll be worried about Gitz appearing in shattered realms

Well, if it's a picture of a troll then that's pretty much tells us what we need to know. I think white dwarf usually features new armies in the issue following their release, so I don't think it's related to Mega-gargants. If they come out in October, then they'll be featured in November iirc.

Also, Glogg is a Troggoth-style name, in line with Mollog's Mob. It's a bit less sophisticated than Gargants, just by a little!

Edited by Dankboss

Hello there ! 

I'm a new AoS player and I've chosen to go with Gloomspite as my first army.

However, I'm struggling a lot against my friend's OBR, especially his Mortek Crawlers. Is there anything we can do against those ? How are people playing against those ? Is there any trick I missed ?

My usual list is like big packs of infantry supported with magic.

Big thanks to those who'll take the time to answer.

2 hours ago, Scythian said:

Skitter strand arachnorocks. They ambush and can take out war machines. Just a thought.

It's not a bad idea, their base is >6" so they can still be targeted by the Crawlers, but they are good on a lot of scenarios now too.  That base can get the gold on two objectives simultaneously on Focal Points for example.

I also like Squigs, because they reroll charges natively.  So they are good for teleporting and making the 9" charge, and once they're in the Crawler can't shoot anything.  If you're doing Realms, Wildform (from Ghur) really plays into that too (+2" to charge).

Agreed, Gloomspite Gitz are not an ambush army but rather a “punch you in the face” army. Your best bet for ambush is Hand of Gork. I play an army of 30 Rockguts so I’m not too worried about being tricksy. We just walk up and beat you off of an objective. Trust me, younger gamers, once you get older you just want to smash things and throw rocks. Not a lot of strategy needed there. 

• Like 3

Hi !

Firstly, big thank to all of you who answered.

I'm going to try the Archanarok and Hand of Gork a Mangler, but I doubt it will be sufficient as he almost always screen them with Mortek Guards :/

If this doesn't work, maybe should I go very cheesy an play like 2x Sporesmasha and Prismatic barrier ? But that's a lot of point just to counter a small part of his army.

I heard about some people blocking LoS with Troggoth units but I don't see how you can do it :(

Thanks you all !

53 minutes ago, Myriad said:

Hi !

Firstly, big thank to all of you who answered.

I'm going to try the Archanarok and Hand of Gork a Mangler, but I doubt it will be sufficient as he almost always screen them with Mortek Guards :/

If this doesn't work, maybe should I go very cheesy an play like 2x Sporesmasha and Prismatic barrier ? But that's a lot of point just to counter a small part of his army.

I heard about some people blocking LoS with Troggoth units but I don't see how you can do it :(

Thanks you all !

A Madcap Shaman can comfortably hide behind a unit of Troggoths, and still use Moonface Mommet. Fellwaters in 3s will do, or a 6 of Rockguts will be plenty to hide him.

People have tried that in the past and a smart opponent knows if they see a Madcap with troll units, he becomes target priority #1 to every archer or war machine unit in the game. No character can effectively hide behind trolls. You’re always visible to the opponent with all of the gaps between the troll bodies. That’s why you’re always better off with Fungoids. I went 3-0 in my games yesterday and my biggest victory was against a shooty Seraphon army. You need that 4+ after save on the Fungoids to discourage the opponent from wasting shooting on him. With a Madcap, he will easily be targeted with 4 wounds with no after save. Always go with Fungoids with your trolls. They give you those extra command points on a 4+ and they have the durability to live with their incredible 4+ after save. 

17 minutes ago, Kramig said:

Hello! I'm new of gloomspite, I tried some matched using mono squig, but I never tried grots. 

Now I am curious about using grots; what do you think about a list with both grots and squig? 

I would like to try skragrott

With the latest white Dwarf rule set you choose to bring back squigs instead of grots. So a mix Would take away some opportunities to reanimate wounds. unless you have a very specific idea for either a unit of grots or squigs you might be better of with either or for both typical armies are rather different.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Kramig said:

Hello! I'm new of gloomspite, I tried some matched using mono squig, but I never tried grots. 

Now I am curious about using grots; what do you think about a list with both grots and squig? 

I would like to try skragrott

Have you got the Jaws of Mork rules? They're found in last month's white dwarf. You can probably work with that and a unit of 60 grots as your base army.

Just now, Kramig said:

Actually I would like to do the opposite: core of the list made of grot, and squig as support, so I would put just 2 units of boing and a mangler. 

In this way I would use the original gloomspite rules

If your general is going to be Skragrott, I think your best option is to play with the Jawz of Mork subfaction. You aren't going to lose anything, the small battalion is better than my other and your Squigs are going to move better.

• Thanks 2