AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

Squig Lure on a madcap/fungoid OR Loonboss on cave Squig?

You need at least one of them if you have squigs, right? Lure is better if I only have a few squigs, but can get shut down. The boss is much safer, but won't get me far, and costs slightly more. Which one to take?

8 hours ago, a74xhx said:

You need at least one of them if you have squigs, right? Lure is better if I only have a few squigs, but can get shut down. The boss is much safer, but won't get me far, and costs slightly more. Which one to take?

Why not both?

4 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Why not both?

Well sure, but that's 200 points. Might not seem much if you have 1800 points of squigs. But in a mixed Gitz list it feels a much harder sell.

Let's say my squigs are just a loonboss mangler and 2x10 boingrots. How much support do they need to be effective as a single block?

On 7/19/2020 at 5:36 PM, a74xhx said:

Lure doesn't matter during Da Bad Moon - that being said, if you've got something like a block of Bounderz or multiple Squig behemoths you want all the reliability you can get plus Loonboss on a cave squig at that point.  If you just need more leadership or a point sink, said Loonboss is a solid hero by himself with decent mobility in Da Moon; he doesn't need many other Squigs to help justify him.

Edited by Dingding123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eorek said:

So i made a troggoth hag kitbash using one of the maggotlords and spare dankhold bitz and wanted to share it.

It is real easy to recreate and probably alot cheaper than the fw model.

IMG_20200724_063004_305.jpg.1cec2e4b8d5694643289e8ecb2e83f07.jpgIMG_20200724_063004_303.jpg.852d820df8317ce3597958e32e1cddfb.jpgIMG_20200724_063004_304.jpg.4fe4059dd3fc9b45d48408f176bf2f59.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Great idea!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Eorek Fantastic work!!

I'm excited to get my hands on one of those new gargant kits and have a go at my own Trogg Hag. 

What sculpting medium? Ive only used green stuff and miliput and that doesn't look like either.

Brownstuff... Dries stiffer than Greenstuff making it better if you wanna sand it down/use as structure. 

• Like 1

Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90): The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90): Itchy Nuisance

9 x Rockgut Troggoths (420)

Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280): General / Fight Another Day / Clammy cowl
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)

40 x Stabbas (260): stabbas
12 x Squig Herd (140)

20 x Shootas (120)

6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)

Suffocating Gravetide (20)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 198 MODELS:111

Ok, so what am I doing wrong in my list? 😁

I wanted to make a mixed GG list. Trying to maximise variety, whilst still having buffs, and using the stuff I've got. Main plan:

• Assume I'm going second.
  • ASAP, 9 Rockguts are gorked into the enemies backline.
  • Squigs stay in a group, shielded by stabbas/herd. Charge into enemy as soon as it's viable to do so.
  • Stabbas and herd fill out the middle. Shootas stay at the back. Fungoids go wherever is safe.
  • Snufflers buff wherever is needed (wish this worked on the shootas bows!)
  • Gravetide just to fill the points because I couldn't fit a scuttletide and it will have some use.

Considered dropping out 5 or 10 bounderz or 6 or 12 herd for other stuff.

I worry about my spell reliability, especially for gorking. Considered switching a fungoid (or two) for Skragrott, or maybe squeezing in a balewind. Only after doing that I'd consider increasing my endless spells too.

Not sure if fight another day and clammy cowl together is a waste. But didn't have any other good choices due to lack of expensive leaders.

So I'm messing around with lists and think I came up with something new I want to try but I'm not sure if I want to go with Fellwaters or Rockguts:

Spoiler

Leaders

Fungoid Cave-Shaman (General)
Trait: Dodgy Character; Lore: The Hand of Gork

Madcap Shaman
Artifact: Moonface Mommet; Lore: Itchy Nuisance

Webspinner Shaman
Lore: Venomous Spiderlings

Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider
Artifact: Headdress of Many Eyes; Lore: Sneaky Distraction

Battleline

Stabbas (x40)
Stabbas and Moon Shields; 6x Barbed Nets; 1x Flag; 1x Icon

Shootas (x20)
3x Barbed Nets; 1x Icon

Shootas (x20)
3x Barbed Nets; 1x Icon

Other Units

Boingrot Bounders (x10)

Boingrot Bounders (x10)

Sneaky Snufflers (x6)

Fellwater Troggoths (x6) or Rockgut Troggoths (x6)

Battelion

Squig Rider Stampede

Endless Spells

Scuttletide

Prismatic Palisade

Fellwaters would have a nice -2 to hit them in melee if I can get them in near my A-rok and could put out more damage than Rockguts. Rockguts, on the other hand, have a bit more survivability and I think they offer a bit more flexibility in how they're used compared to Fellwaters.

A list with the Rockguts comes out to 1980 while the Fellwaters comes out to 2000 on the nose.

10 hours ago, simakover said:

A bit sad after GHB 2020 restriction on endless spells. im really plan to make a endless spell spam grots. now dont know that to build. any ideas on semi competitive grots? 

The Moonclan Skrap battalion with Skragrott or the Loonboss with the Clammy Hand combo is always fine and both are the most competitive we have with the new Battleplans.

I played the past weekend a list with the Gobbapalooza + grot spam and I finished 6 of 14.  I only lost with a Bonesplitterz player, but the Khorne and the Stormcast matchups were fine. After that tournament, I think that the Gobbapalooza list is a bit worse than the Moonclan Skrap list.

Edited by Nezzhil

1 hour ago, Chickenbits said:

Can a single unit of Sneaky Snufflers use it's abillity multiple times per turn? Seems like it's only once per turn, but it's not super clear.

Yeah the snufflers can only use the ability once per turn, but multiple units of snufflers could use it on the same unit causing mortal wounds.

6 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The Moonclan Skrap battalion with Skragrott or the Loonboss with the Clammy Hand combo is always fine and both are the most competitive we have with the new Battleplans.

I played the past weekend a list with the Gobbapalooza + grot spam and I finished 6 of 14.  I only lost with a Bonesplitterz player, but the Khorne and the Stormcast matchups were fine. After that tournament, I think that the Gobbapalooza list is a bit worse than the Moonclan Skrap list.

Interest in yours listd

Just to explain what happened:

The 40 Marauders teleported to one of my objectives that was only protected by a screen of 20 Grots and the 3 Fellwaters. They charged in and deleted the Grots; Fellwaters piled in, killed 12. CP spent to keep Marauders from fleeing. My turn, Vomit kills 5 more, then my combat kills another 12 exactly. Lose 1 Fellwater in return. No more CP for the Marauders so they run from 17 casualties. So the Fellwaters killed 29 themselves.

10 Grots then came back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dankboss said:

Just to explain what happened:

The 40 Marauders teleported to one of my objectives that was only protected by a screen of 20 Grots and the 3 Fellwaters. They charged in and deleted the Grots; Fellwaters piled in, killed 12. CP spent to keep Marauders from fleeing. My turn, Vomit kills 5 more, then my combat kills another 12 exactly. Lose 1 Fellwater in return. No more CP for the Marauders so they run from 17 casualties. So the Fellwaters killed 29 themselves.

10 Grots then came back.

Beautiful!!

• Like 1